pixeltracker

Hadestown @ New York Theatre Workshop- Page 2

Hadestown @ New York Theatre Workshop

nycgogetter
#25Hadestown @ New York Theatre Workshop
Posted: 6/21/16 at 8:47pm

have the rumors flown about a possible Broadway transfer now that Fun Home has announced their closing?

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#26Hadestown @ New York Theatre Workshop
Posted: 6/21/16 at 9:13pm

I saw this and I wish I was aware it had more the concept of a concert than a play. Some tunes were good; but I was dying to find a stronger narrative somewhere in there. Some of the ladies playing the fates were in musician mode, certainly not acting.

I was sad to see many people didn't come back after intermission. 

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

mariel9 Profile Photo
mariel9
#27Hadestown @ New York Theatre Workshop
Posted: 6/25/16 at 4:46pm

I just saw it and thought it was incredible. I'm surprised people at another show didn't come back after intermission. The audience today seemed transfixed and really into it.

jbird5
#28Hadestown @ New York Theatre Workshop
Posted: 6/25/16 at 5:22pm

^ Ditto. Expect Patrick Page to get some love during awards season even though it will be long gone.

nolanativeny
#29Hadestown @ New York Theatre Workshop
Posted: 6/25/16 at 5:25pm

I saw it this afternoon too. I was transfixed the entire time. Really hope there's a cast recording although I know it's probably pretty unlikely. Seems a shame though to not be able to have a recording of the new songs especially. 

billyelliotfan123
#30Hadestown @ New York Theatre Workshop
Posted: 6/25/16 at 5:32pm

Why does it seem so unlikely that a cast recording would happen? Preludes was recorded last summer and was nowhere near as acclaimed as this production is. It was supposed to have been long gone by now. 

neonlightsxo
#31Hadestown @ New York Theatre Workshop
Posted: 6/26/16 at 8:22pm

It's not about acclaim. Cast recordings cost money. Somebody put up the money for a cast recording of Preludes. Somebody needs to come up with the money for Hadestown, if they want a cast recording. Not rocket science. 

pupscotch
#32Hadestown @ New York Theatre Workshop
Posted: 6/26/16 at 8:24pm

Is there a chance of this transferring? I don't have a chance to see it Off-Broadway and would love to see it if it transfers.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#33Hadestown @ New York Theatre Workshop
Posted: 6/27/16 at 9:45am

I can't imagine this transferring. It'd be a tough sell on Broadway... and not everything has to end up there.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

billyelliotfan123
#34Hadestown @ New York Theatre Workshop
Posted: 6/27/16 at 10:16am

I was thinking more of how GREAT COMET Tra stereo to Kanzino 

neonlightsxo
#35Hadestown @ New York Theatre Workshop
Posted: 6/27/16 at 10:25am

It's the same logic as whether or not it's being recorded. Is someone paying for it? If not, no transfer.

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#36Hadestown @ New York Theatre Workshop
Posted: 6/30/16 at 11:57am

Found this and bumping to ask a question...

I've been very curious about the show and all these reviews make me even more interested in seeing this. Since the show has extended through the end of July, I was wanting to see possibly the closing performance. Should I risk it and rush a ticket once I'm there or buy it in advance seeing as it is the closing show? I may end up seeing it either July 29, 30, or 31 (in case y'all were wondering) but wanted some advice. Thanks!

PS The show announced it will be receiving a live cast recording in case people missed that announcement.

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#37Hadestown @ New York Theatre Workshop
Posted: 6/30/16 at 12:11pm

I don't think it's been selling terribly well. I've seen it on TDF for at least two weekends, which surprised me. But I have to think the final weekend will be pretty much booked.

Do you fit into any of the rush categories?

jacobsnchz14
#38Hadestown @ New York Theatre Workshop
Posted: 6/30/16 at 12:12pm

Yes, the Under 25 one.

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#39Hadestown @ New York Theatre Workshop
Posted: 6/30/16 at 12:24pm

It's really hard to predict this sort of thing. It's the last weekend of performances, so they may sell out. On the other hand, it's the summer, and people are away. If you have time to do rush each day on the weekend, that betters your odds.

jacobsnchz14
#40Hadestown @ New York Theatre Workshop
Posted: 6/30/16 at 12:29pm

Would it be too much of a hassle to buy a ticket at full price, then see if there's a chance to get a rush-priced ticket and sell the other? thanks for your help, btw.

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#41Hadestown @ New York Theatre Workshop
Posted: 6/30/16 at 12:31pm

I didn't have luck selling my Lazarus ticket, so I don't know.

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#42Hadestown @ New York Theatre Workshop
Posted: 6/30/16 at 10:38pm

I'm really on the fence about seeing this. Anyone have a suggestion for me? Some of my recent favorites: Lazarus, Hedwig, Next to Normal, Spring Awakening. 

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#43Hadestown @ New York Theatre Workshop
Posted: 6/30/16 at 10:54pm

Yeah if you liked those shows I'd say there's a pretty good chance you'll like this. I wouldn't necessarily say this show is SIMILAR to the shows you mentioned, but what I gather from that list is that you seem to like very modern, creative musical theatre that incorporates popular genres of music in interesting ways, and I would say Hadestown definitely does all of that. 

Why are you so on the fence about it? What the "cons" that you're struggling with? 

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#44Hadestown @ New York Theatre Workshop
Posted: 6/30/16 at 11:01pm

From what I've been reading, there isn't much action going on in this piece. Maybe I'll pick up tickets for Sunday...

willep
#45Hadestown @ New York Theatre Workshop
Posted: 6/30/16 at 11:20pm

steven22 said: "From what I've been reading, there isn't much action going on in this piece. Maybe I'll pick up tickets for Sunday..."

I tend to disagree with that criticism, but to each his own. I loved the show.

willep
#46Hadestown @ New York Theatre Workshop
Posted: 6/30/16 at 11:22pm

Also, if you liked Hedwig, which is essentially a concert, Hadestown has much more of a plot, so to speak.

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#47Hadestown @ New York Theatre Workshop
Posted: 7/1/16 at 10:33am

I shouldn't have hesitated...no more left on TDF 

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#48Hadestown @ New York Theatre Workshop
Posted: 7/1/16 at 10:37am

There seem to be tickets for the 2:00 show on Sunday. Did you want the evening?

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#49Hadestown @ New York Theatre Workshop
Posted: 7/1/16 at 10:40am

I want 2pm Sunday but it's not letting me add them. 

Videos