pixeltracker

Is "Hillary and Clinton" happening?- Page 2

Is "Hillary and Clinton" happening?

Elegance101 Profile Photo
Elegance101
#25Is
Posted: 10/4/18 at 1:33pm

If the in the round rumor is true, I can only assume CITS.

Synecdoche2 Profile Photo
Synecdoche2
#26Is
Posted: 10/4/18 at 1:35pm

The play intentionally is set not in our world. The story is fictional and uses a lot of the context for the 2008 primary as a jumping off point for one of Hnath's morality plays. Much like A Doll's House, Part 2 the context is purely decorative.

Lavieboheme3090 Profile Photo
Lavieboheme3090
#27Is
Posted: 10/4/18 at 3:18pm

Looks like it is.

SomethingPeculiar Profile Photo
SomethingPeculiar
#28Is
Posted: 10/4/18 at 4:23pm

Rudin did an interview with the Hollywood Reporter today that sheds some more light on the play. The way he spins it, it sounds interesting!

Also in there article: "[Rudin] has new plays from Adam Rapp and Aleshea Harris in the pipeline for next season" and also West Side Story.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/laurie-metcalf-john-lithgow-star-broadway-hillary-clinton-1149081

faceleg Profile Photo
faceleg
#29Is
Posted: 10/4/18 at 8:29pm

DrowsyKaye said: "BroadwayConcierge said: "Crap. Laurie Metcalf is probably the only actress who could prompt me to buy a ticket to see a Hillary Clinton play. Might give into this one."

I promise you it's not a "Hillary Clinton play." It's more a "women in politicsplay" if anything.
"

Yeah, when they did it here in Dallas, they had a black woman play Hillary. 

KnewItWhenIWasInFron
#30Is
Posted: 10/4/18 at 10:51pm

IdinaBellFoster said: "Wow. After last season's disappointing Lead Actress in a Play race, just the list of possible nominees in incredible:

Laurie Metcalf, HILLARY AND CLINTON

Janet McTeer, BERNHARDT/HAMLET

Cherry Jones, THE LIFESPAN OF A FACT

Andrea Martin, GARY, A SEQUEL TO TITUS ANDRONICUS

Glenda Jackson, KING LEAR

Tatiana Maslany, NETWORK

Kerry Washington, AMERICAN SON

Celia Keenan-Bolger, TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD

Not to mention anyone who might be petitioned leading from THE FERRYMAN or THE WAVERLY GALLERY.
"

Seems like Jones would be petitioned in the other direction. It is not a lead.

SomethingPeculiar Profile Photo
SomethingPeculiar
#31Is
Posted: 10/4/18 at 11:20pm

Wow there's a world in which the 5 Best Actress nominees are all from Scott Rudin shows... May, Jackson, Metcalf, Keenan-Bolder, Martin (though Martin is billed below the title, and we don't know what the Scout character is like in this Mockingbird)

And IdinaBellFoster, don't forget about Annette Bening and Keri Russell! Laura Donnelly (The Ferryman) won the Olivier for Lead Actress, and Cherry Jones should not be in Lead.

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#32Is
Posted: 10/5/18 at 12:44am

SomethingPeculiar said: "Wow there's a world in which the 5 Best Actress nominees are all from Scott Rudin shows...May, Jackson, Metcalf, Keenan-Bolder, Martin (though Martin is billed below the title, and we don't know what the Scout character is like in thisMockingbird)

And IdinaBellFoster,don't forget about Annette Bening and Keri Russell! Laura Donnelly (The Ferryman) won the Olivier for Lead Actress, and Cherry Jones should notbe in Lead.
"

Wow! Shows how deep the bench is when you forget Annette Benning & Keri Russell. 

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

jon5202 Profile Photo
jon5202
#33Is
Posted: 10/5/18 at 8:37pm

Reviews from Chicago production in 2016

https://www.theatreinchicago.com/hillary-and-clinton/7739/

Tom5
#34Is
Posted: 10/9/18 at 2:02pm

I often disagree with the reviews, but unlike Inglorious Basterds this is not a fantasy world I'd care to be in. It would remind me too much of the real one.

Yankees02
#35Is
Posted: 10/20/18 at 2:50pm

My mother and best friend are big Laurie Metcalf and John Lithgow fans. Do all shows tend to have discounts in advance?? I'm not a huge ticket buyer for shows, just the few shows I have bought tickets for, I tend to see discounted tickets were available afterwards. Any idea when these would go on sale or where to check for updates??

MarilynMonroeSmash Profile Photo
MarilynMonroeSmash
#36Is
Posted: 10/20/18 at 2:54pm

UPDATE: I spoke with someone today that knows Lucas, and apparently he completely rewrote the play. It's the same title, but a new work.

Br0adway
#37Is
Posted: 10/20/18 at 3:32pm

So when should we expect an OOTI closing announcement if this play preview in March? If it closed in January when Hailey leaves, will that give the theatre enough time to make changes? 

Updated On: 10/20/18 at 03:32 PM

bear88
#38Is
Posted: 10/20/18 at 3:53pm

MarilynMonroeSmash said: "UPDATE: I spoke with someone today that knows Lucas, and apparently he completely rewrote the play. It's the same title, but a new work."

Can the play keep the cast and have it not be about Hillary Clinton at all? I've seen one of those already, Soft Power, and it was really irritating by the end. On the bright side, it had music and dancing.

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#39Is
Posted: 11/3/18 at 10:39am

FYI, tickets are now on sale, starting at $39.

Elfuhbuh Profile Photo
Elfuhbuh
#40Is
Posted: 11/3/18 at 11:46am

Hard pass.

"Was uns befreit, das muss stärker sein als wir es sind." -Tanz der Vampire

Videos