pixeltracker

Michelle Williams of Destiny's Child joining OOTI Nov. 30- Page 2

Michelle Williams of Destiny's Child joining OOTI Nov. 30

EthelMae Profile Photo
EthelMae
#25Michelle Williams of Destiny's Child joining OOTI Nov. 30I
Posted: 10/25/18 at 11:56pm

I hope you’re not right, Elegance, about Ms. Cearcy being bought out-unless she’s OK with that decision. After a year, maybe. Still why can’t producers and casting see sometimes what we folks here see. So many instances where a “name” will be brought in to keep a show open and it fails. Don’t get me wrong, I love OOTI and if this casting keeps it open, great. Better than closing it.

HunterK Profile Photo
HunterK
#26Michelle Williams of Destiny's Child joining OOTI Nov. 30I
Posted: 10/26/18 at 12:55am

Dolly80 said: "She was awful in Aida years ago. The wood on the stage floor had more acting ability."

THANK YOU!!! When I saw this press release I thought the same thing! 

I adore Darlesia Cearcy. I think her Erzulie is a gift to the audience, I am just wondering if she gave notice or they bought her out?? Just weird for that role to be considered a "starring role." Michelle is only going to help close it in January. I love this show and think it is basically genius and they have kept away from all the stunts  to sell tickets and the lasted nearly a year...but now stunt casting with forgotten member of Destiny's Child....really?? I am let down by this. (Just my opinion) Was this a Davenport move?

Updated On: 11/17/18 at 12:55 AM

roamermark
#27Michelle Williams of Destiny's Child joining OOTI Nov. 30I
Posted: 10/26/18 at 2:48am

I just did a backstage tour at the National Theatre in the UK where Hadestown is set to open and the set pieces are about 30 feet high.   So, almost certainly not Circle in the Square for H-Town.

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#28Michelle Williams of Destiny's Child joining OOTI Nov. 30I
Posted: 10/26/18 at 11:27am

I was underwhelmed by this production, but I’m glad whenever others find shows that resonate with them even if they don’t work for me. Still, even if Williams boosts box office, I doubt it’ll be boosted by more than the likely larger paycheck than she’s getting to replace Cearcy.

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#29Michelle Williams of Destiny's Child joining OOTI Nov. 30I
Posted: 11/16/18 at 11:34pm

We’ve all speculated for months about OOTI closing, but two out-of-the-blue tweets today seem to imply that the end is approaching —

From Michael Arden:
“Guys, please tell your friends and family to see @OnceIslandBway . We aren’t based on a movie or branded content. It’s so very hard to keep shows like ours alive.”

A while later, Julia Murney posted:
“IF @OnceIslandBway CLOSES BECAUSE YOU DIDN'T BUY TICKETS, CHRISTMAS WILL BE CANCELLED. Seriously, it's so so good and we all need things that are so, so good right now. Do some theatrical holiday shopping...”

Scarlet Leigh Profile Photo
Scarlet Leigh
#30Michelle Williams of Destiny's Child joining OOTI Nov. 30I
Posted: 11/17/18 at 1:37am

So I wish that I had paid a bit more attention to the instagram story from them a few days ago but it was late at night and I was half awake but... is Darlesia still in the show? On their instagram story, the official OOTI account they had a few happy trails wishes. One of them was to Rodrick Covington (using a picture of him as Papa Ge backstage) and I SWEAR the other one was to Darlesia with one of her publicity shots as Erzulie. Being that it was an instgram story, I can't look back at it now but was I seeing things? Did they just post it to early or has she already departed the show?

HeyMrMusic Profile Photo
HeyMrMusic
#31Michelle Williams of Destiny's Child joining OOTI Nov. 30I
Posted: 11/17/18 at 1:50am

Darlesia played her final performance the day before Rodrick played his final performance, so she too has already left the show.

VotePeron Profile Photo
VotePeron
#32Michelle Williams of Destiny's Child joining OOTI Nov. 30I
Posted: 11/17/18 at 12:47pm

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "We’ve all speculated for months about OOTI closing, but two out-of-the-blue tweets today seem to imply that the end is approaching —

From Michael Arden:
“Guys, please tell your friends and family to see @OnceIslandBway . We aren’t based on a movie or branded content. It’s so very hard to keep shows like ours alive.”

“IF @OnceIslandBway CLOSES BECAUSE YOU DIDN'T BUY TICKETS, CHRISTMAS WILL BE CANCELLED. Seriously, it's so so good and we all need things that are so, so good right now. Do some theatrical holiday shopping...”
"

I saw these too. If we’re being honest, it’s remarkable the show not only won the Tony AND has run this long. Everyone involved should be thrilled. If they haven’t recouped yet, I don’t know what to tell ya. Shows close. 

I wonder if the creative team has been given a tentative closing date? 

Br0adway
#33Michelle Williams of Destiny's Child joining OOTI Nov. 30I
Posted: 11/17/18 at 12:48pm

VotePeron said: "ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "We’ve all speculated for months about OOTI closing, but two out-of-the-blue tweets today seem to imply that the end is approaching —

From Michael Arden:

"

I saw these too. If we’re being honest, it’s remarkable the show not only won the Tony AND has run this long. Everyone involved should be thrilled. If they haven’t recouped yet, I don’t know what to tell ya. Shows close.

I wonder if the creative team has been given a tentative closing date?
"

I wonder if if they said if sales done pick up they’re closing near/around when Hailey Kilgore leaves in January.

SomethingPeculiar Profile Photo
SomethingPeculiar
#34Michelle Williams of Destiny's Child joining OOTI Nov. 30I
Posted: 11/17/18 at 1:32pm

Circle in the Square must finally be elbowing Ken Davenport to get out of the theatre unless sales completely turn around (which I don't see happening...and the show has had a more-than-respectible run!)

Now I'm curious what the next show in CITS could be. Burn This? And Hadestown or Jagged Little Pill could take the Hudson.

Kate Monster3
#35Michelle Williams of Destiny's Child joining OOTI Nov. 30I
Posted: 12/5/18 at 10:32am

Anyone seen her in OOTI yet?  Curious if she's better in this than she was in Aida. 

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#36Michelle Williams of Destiny's Child joining OOTI Nov. 30I
Posted: 12/5/18 at 12:37pm

I saw OOTI for the third time last night. I really love this production. I missed Lea. Michelle Williams was fine. Her voice didn’t really fit the songs and I wasn’t the biggest fan of her acting.

natashalost
#37Michelle Williams of Destiny's Child joining OOTI Nov. 30I
Posted: 12/5/18 at 8:28pm

I'll have to disagree with Steven here. I thought she acted the role better than any Erzulie in this production. She doesn't sing the role nearly as well (I think Darlesia sang it best), but still gives an enjoyable vocal performance. I just adore her in this role!

Phillytheatreguy10 Profile Photo
Phillytheatreguy10
#38Michelle Williams of Destiny's Child joining OOTI Nov. 30I
Posted: 12/5/18 at 8:37pm

Is she stage dooring? I saw Monday night they have a meet and greet promotion with her.

HunterK Profile Photo
HunterK
#39Michelle Williams of Destiny's Child joining OOTI Nov. 30I
Posted: 12/6/18 at 1:24am

Michelle was out of Wednesday's matinee (12/5). Cassondra James went on. 

Videos