pixeltracker

PETITION: The 2022 Broadway Revival Cast of COMPANY Should Record & Release Its Own Cast Album!- Page 2

PETITION: The 2022 Broadway Revival Cast of COMPANY Should Record & Release Its Own Cast Album!

pollster2
#25PETITION: The 2022 Broadway Revival Cast of COMPANY Should Record & Release Its Own Cast Album!
Posted: 6/22/22 at 2:02pm

joshdog2014 said: "I know no producer (other than Ken Davenport) would do this, but I’d love to see a Kickstarter for this. Let them say “This is how much we need to feel ok about doing this. If you’re serious about it preorder through the campaign or give more support” and see what happens. It’s probably unlikely enough would be contributed but it’d be interesting to see"

I'd support this in a second. While I imagine many people here would kick in a few dollars, I would definitely go a bit further and be willing to drop in a few hundred.

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#26PETITION: The 2022 Broadway Revival Cast of COMPANY Should Record & Release Its Own Cast Album!
Posted: 6/22/22 at 4:07pm

In a perfect world, someone in the cast should get a figure (from Harper or whoever in charge of such things) of what it would cost to produce either a live audio recording vs a studio recording, and start a Kickstarter. I think it would be cool if the final OBC Patti appears on is fan-driven, considering all the fans she's accumulated across the decades!

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

GiantsInTheSky2 Profile Photo
GiantsInTheSky2
#27PETITION: The 2022 Broadway Revival Cast of COMPANY Should Record & Release Its Own Cast Album!
Posted: 6/22/22 at 5:18pm

I highly doubt a cast album recorded during a live performance would cost $1mil. I know Six is a hot ticket with good advance, but I’m doubting a full million was needed for that album. 

Record the final performance. 

I am big. It’s the REVIVALS that got small.

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#28PETITION: The 2022 Broadway Revival Cast of COMPANY Should Record & Release Its Own Cast Album!
Posted: 6/22/22 at 5:28pm

I wouldn’t mind the London album except that the American accents are really rough, as is often the case with British theatre actors.

(I’m sure the same could be said in reverse about our stage actors doing British accents, but of course that doesn’t stick out to me as much, as an American) 

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#29PETITION: The 2022 Broadway Revival Cast of COMPANY Should Record & Release Its Own Cast Album!
Posted: 6/22/22 at 9:11pm

Just got the scoop from an “angel” investor.  Sadly, the London recording will be the only recording of this production of COMPANY.  Had nothing to do with money as they’ve been ready to record for months but due to rights issues on the production, they won’t be allowed to release another recording of the same production.  Time to move on and no need to create theories and what-ifs.  Your wishful thinking and ideas doesn’t change things. 

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#30PETITION: The 2022 Broadway Revival Cast of COMPANY Should Record & Release Its Own Cast Album!
Posted: 6/22/22 at 9:35pm

rattleNwoolypenguin said: "I think these "London to Broadway" shows that keep at least one actor from England that have already been recorded have to be RUNAWAY hits to get another cast recording. Or they have to not have been recorded already

Look at Sister Act

We probably got the Trevor Nunn recording cause Catherine Zeta Jones/they didn't have one in the UK.
"

Exactly - which is why Andrew Lloyd Webber's CinderellaBack to the Future, and & Juliet will not record Broadway cast albums either. 

Oh look, a bibu!

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#31PETITION: The 2022 Broadway Revival Cast of COMPANY Should Record & Release Its Own Cast Album!
Posted: 6/22/22 at 9:49pm

BrodyFosse123 said: "Just got the scoop from an “angel” investor. Sadly, the London recording will be the only recording of this production of COMPANY. Had nothing to do with money as they’ve been ready to record for months but due to rights issues on the production, they won’t be allowed to release another recording of the same production. Time to move on and no need to create theories and what-ifs. Your wishful thinking and ideas doesn’t change things."

Geez Brody for once in your need-to-control-the-narrative sad and pitiful life just let people have their hopes and dreams and STFU

No one here gives a flying fat wet rat’s ass about your friends and your blah-blah supposed insiders from the production.

No one here is impressed by you. 

Updated On: 6/22/22 at 09:49 PM

David10086 Profile Photo
David10086
#32PETITION: The 2022 Broadway Revival Cast of COMPANY Should Record & Release Its Own Cast Album!
Posted: 6/23/22 at 1:29am

Remember that defiant woman who pulled down her mask and argued with Patti Lupone and erroneously said she paid her salary? Let HER pay for the cast recording! Then she can wear a tee saying “ I paid for the cast recording “ ! 🤣

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#33PETITION: The 2022 Broadway Revival Cast of COMPANY Should Record & Release Its Own Cast Album!
Posted: 6/23/22 at 6:32am

Super disappointed that a cast recording is not looking likely. It's a shame that we had 4 major revivals this past season (Caroline, or Change, Company, The Music Man, and Funny Girl), and thus far only ONE has been recorded. Also, add me to the camp of folks that finds the London cast album unlistenable. 

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

BrodyFosse123
#34PETITION: The 2022 Broadway Revival Cast of COMPANY Should Record & Release Its Own Cast Album!
Posted: 6/23/22 at 8:49am

The New Broadway Revival Cast Recording of COMPANY is NOT happening.  Legalities blocked it.  The London Cast Recording will be the only recording made from this production.  Sucks donkey a**, but that’s now the official word that was given to the Broadway cast.  And yes, they are heartbroken. 

spicemonkey
#35PETITION: The 2022 Broadway Revival Cast of COMPANY Should Record & Release Its Own Cast Album!
Posted: 6/23/22 at 9:14am

BrodyFosse123 said: "The New Broadway Revival Cast Recording of COMPANY is NOT happening. Legalities blocked it. The London Cast Recording will be the only recording made from this production. Sucks donkey a**, but that’s now the official word that was given to the Broadway cast. And yes, they are heartbroken."

can you give us more details?

Is the contract to this production specifically blocking the New Broadway recording, or it's a general rule / policy for all London -> Bway transfers?

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#36PETITION: The 2022 Broadway Revival Cast of COMPANY Should Record & Release Its Own Cast Album!
Posted: 6/23/22 at 9:18am

He can’t give you details because he doesn’t know anything.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#37PETITION: The 2022 Broadway Revival Cast of COMPANY Should Record & Release Its Own Cast Album!
Posted: 6/23/22 at 9:29am

TotallyEffed said: "He can’t give you details because he doesn’t know anything."

LOL.

BrodyFosse123
#38PETITION: The 2022 Broadway Revival Cast of COMPANY Should Record & Release Its Own Cast Album!
Posted: 6/23/22 at 9:57am

I’m not at liberties to go into details but I’ll just say the London Cast Recording sadly holds the rights on any cast album regarding this particular production.  Even a “live” recording was hoped for to deviate it from the London recording, but it all fell thru last week.  It’s now official: no Broadway recording.  I’m enjoying the colorful and choice wordings being used on me, so keep them coming.   In 2025 when you guys post about cast recordings that never happened, this one will be on your list.  wink

BJR Profile Photo
BJR
#39PETITION: The 2022 Broadway Revival Cast of COMPANY Should Record & Release Its Own Cast Album!
Posted: 6/23/22 at 9:57am

I believe it, but I wonder what legalities? Was it a funder of the London had an agreement to not have another recording come out within a certain time frame? If so, why on earth would Chris Harper agree to that, knowing Bway was the hope?

What a terrible shame. For now, for the years to come, to not be able to have this incredible cast preserved. And the last revival Sondheim worked on.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#40PETITION: The 2022 Broadway Revival Cast of COMPANY Should Record & Release Its Own Cast Album!
Posted: 6/23/22 at 10:03am

I’ve said it before but I believe every musical number was filmed for the documentary. We already have full release of the title song and LWL. Let’s hope they’ll eventually release all numbers, and you know someone will rip them to audio immediately.

Updated On: 6/23/22 at 10:03 AM

ashley0139
#41PETITION: The 2022 Broadway Revival Cast of COMPANY Should Record & Release Its Own Cast Album!
Posted: 6/23/22 at 10:49am

Sounds like a perfect reason to do a proshot to me.

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#42PETITION: The 2022 Broadway Revival Cast of COMPANY Should Record & Release Its Own Cast Album!
Posted: 6/23/22 at 10:54am

BrodyFosse123 said: "I’m not at liberties to go into details but I’ll just say the London Cast Recording sadly holds the rights on any cast album regarding this particular production. Even a “live” recording was hoped for to deviate it from the London recording, but it all fell thru last week. It’s now official: no Broadway recording. I’m enjoying the colorful and choice wordings being used on me, so keep them coming. In 2025 when you guys post about cast recordings that never happened, this one will be on your list. wink"

You’re not at liberty to go into details but you’re willing to vaguely describe the details in a way that just further obfuscates what happened? 

How does a cast recording “hold the rights” to anything? Do you mean the recording company? 

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

BrodyFosse123
#43PETITION: The 2022 Broadway Revival Cast of COMPANY Should Record & Release Its Own Cast Album!
Posted: 6/23/22 at 11:09am

I’ve said more than I should have.  I’m done responding to anything further.  Revisit this thread in a year after the revival has been long gone.  Happy Thursday, y’all.  yes

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#44PETITION: The 2022 Broadway Revival Cast of COMPANY Should Record & Release Its Own Cast Album!
Posted: 6/23/22 at 11:13am

BrodyFosse123 said: "I’ve said more than I should have. I’m done responding to anything further. Revisit this thread in a year after the revival has been long gone. Happy Thursday, y’all. yes"

I rest my case.

pollster2
#45PETITION: The 2022 Broadway Revival Cast of COMPANY Should Record & Release Its Own Cast Album!
Posted: 6/23/22 at 11:14am

The outcry that I've noticed this production has received in support of a cast recording and/or pro-shot is very interesting. I cannot recall a time when a production received such support. I doubt it will change anything but you never know.

kdogg36 Profile Photo
kdogg36
#46PETITION: The 2022 Broadway Revival Cast of COMPANY Should Record & Release Its Own Cast Album!
Posted: 6/23/22 at 11:23am

joshdog2014 said: "I know no producer (other than Ken Davenport) would do this, but I’d love to see a Kickstarter for this. Let them say “This is how much we need to feel ok about doing this. If you’re serious about it preorder through the campaign or give more support” and see what happens. It’s probably unlikely that enough would be contributed but it’d be interesting to see"

If my memory is correct, the recording of Now. Hear. This. was successfully brought about via crowdfunding. 

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#48PETITION: The 2022 Broadway Revival Cast of COMPANY Should Record & Release Its Own Cast Album!
Posted: 6/23/22 at 11:29am

TaffyDavenport said: "Two words: Voice Memo."

A bootleg audio never sounds as good as a cast recording. 

OhHiii
#49PETITION: The 2022 Broadway Revival Cast of COMPANY Should Record & Release Its Own Cast Album!
Posted: 6/23/22 at 11:32am

Though I loathe to validate anything Brody posts on this board, I've heard this too as part of a conversation around cast recording that took place back in 2019/2020. The London recording label does indeed hold exclusive rights to recording this production, but they were trying to work around that by exploring an EP of Katrina's numbers and a couple others. They did the London recording on the cheap (as can be gleaned by the quality of the mixing and production), and with that they stupidly signed their lives away.

Videos