pixeltracker

Kelli O'Hara, Brian d'Arcy James to star in DAYS OF WINE & ROSES musical from LIGHT IN THE PIAZZA team- Page 2

Kelli O'Hara, Brian d'Arcy James to star in DAYS OF WINE & ROSES musical from LIGHT IN THE PIAZZA team

binau Profile Photo
binau
#25Kelli O'Hara, Brian d'Arcy James to star in DAYS OF WINE & ROSES musical from LIGHT IN THE PIAZZA team
Posted: 1/21/23 at 5:01pm

Michael Greif directing! 

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

Ke3
#26Kelli O'Hara, Brian d'Arcy James to star in DAYS OF WINE & ROSES musical from LIGHT IN THE PIAZZA team
Posted: 1/21/23 at 5:26pm

The Distinctive Baritone said: "The link seems to no longer work, but...is this about his tweets regarding theBrett Kavanaugh/Christine Blasey Ford ordeal? Does that mean he's not allowed to write musicals anymore?"

I'm excited for the musical but beyond his tweets his likes were leaning very MAGA.

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#27Kelli O'Hara, Brian d'Arcy James to star in DAYS OF WINE & ROSES musical from LIGHT IN THE PIAZZA team
Posted: 1/21/23 at 5:47pm

The Distinctive Baritone said: "The link seems to no longer work, but...is this about his tweets regarding theBrett Kavanaugh/Christine Blasey Ford ordeal? Does that mean he's not allowed to write musicals anymore?"

That's not at all what I said? I'm just genuinely surprised that people who were all up in the arms about #MeToo and "Believe Women" (anonymous people on this board, as well as industry people in public forums) are wanting to work with him without any introspection. 

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

JasonC3
#28Kelli O'Hara, Brian d'Arcy James to star in DAYS OF WINE & ROSES musical from LIGHT IN THE PIAZZA team
Posted: 1/21/23 at 6:44pm

For all we know introspection and/or conversations may have occurred among those involved.

Updated On: 1/21/23 at 06:44 PM

Musicaldudepeter
#29Kelli O'Hara, Brian d'Arcy James to star in DAYS OF WINE & ROSES musical from LIGHT IN THE PIAZZA team
Posted: 1/21/23 at 7:20pm

Kelli O'Hara has publicly stated that she chose to do Kiss Me Kate over another offer that was connected with a producer that she loathed.

JasonC3
#30Kelli O'Hara, Brian d'Arcy James to star in DAYS OF WINE & ROSES musical from LIGHT IN THE PIAZZA team
Posted: 1/26/23 at 2:20pm

One of smoothest advance ticket sales in a long time.  Purchased one of the $50 A-Tix Memberships so I could buy today and with it offering 20% off on my actual ticket, the final total turned out to be about the same or a little less as a typical Broadway ticket nowadays.

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#31Kelli O'Hara, Brian d'Arcy James to star in DAYS OF WINE & ROSES musical from LIGHT IN THE PIAZZA team
Posted: 1/26/23 at 4:02pm

FYI, Kelli O'Hara will not be performing on the final 3 currently scheduled dates, June 23-25.

halfhourcheckwithmerman
#32Kelli O'Hara, Brian d'Arcy James to star in DAYS OF WINE & ROSES musical from LIGHT IN THE PIAZZA team
Posted: 1/26/23 at 10:05pm

JasonC3 said: "One of smoothest advance ticket sales in a long time. Purchased one of the $50 A-Tix Memberships so I could buy today and with it offering 20% off on my actual ticket, the final total turned out to be about the same or a little less as a typical Broadway ticket nowadays."

Same! I was thrilled and a little shocked at how easy it was! Got two late preview tickets in the second row (which viewfrommyseat tells me is totally fine there) for $88 each, plus the $50 so only lost $6 for the "presale"...  

I haven't been this excited for a new musical in a long time. Nobody composes on Guettel's level (although I feel a little icky about his five-year-old tweet. But that's five years ago, I guess... and maybe Kelli wouldn't work with him if... I don't know). 

"I feel safe with you, and complete with you / I'm always finding money in the street with you." -Sheldon Harnick

amiyagi
halfhourcheckwithmerman
#34Kelli O'Hara, Brian d'Arcy James to star in DAYS OF WINE & ROSES musical from LIGHT IN THE PIAZZA team
Posted: 1/26/23 at 10:25pm

Kelli O'Hara, Brian d'Arcy James to star in DAYS OF WINE & ROSES musical from LIGHT IN THE PIAZZA team

"I feel safe with you, and complete with you / I'm always finding money in the street with you." -Sheldon Harnick

halfhourcheckwithmerman
#35Kelli O'Hara, Brian d'Arcy James to star in DAYS OF WINE & ROSES musical from LIGHT IN THE PIAZZA team
Posted: 1/26/23 at 10:26pm

That's a random day in June (wouldn't let me text and photo at once). Grey's unavailable. (sometimes the image won't load; click "reply" and then scroll to see it there, no clue why that works). 

Updated On: 1/26/23 at 10:26 PM

iluvtheatertrash
#36Kelli O'Hara, Brian d'Arcy James to star in DAYS OF WINE & ROSES musical from LIGHT IN THE PIAZZA team
Posted: 1/31/23 at 8:49pm

Anyone know the pricing on this for non members? I can’t find it anywhere! Thanks!

"I know now that theatre saved my life." - Susan Stroman

TaffyDavenport
#37Kelli O'Hara, Brian d'Arcy James to star in DAYS OF WINE & ROSES musical from LIGHT IN THE PIAZZA team
Posted: 1/31/23 at 9:07pm

$112 and $132 for previews, $122 and $142 after opening. Standing room (row M) is $92.

amiyagi
#38Kelli O'Hara, Brian d'Arcy James to star in DAYS OF WINE & ROSES musical from LIGHT IN THE PIAZZA team
Posted: 1/31/23 at 9:54pm

When is opening night? Nothing on Atlantic website and all the articles say TBA

Jmuep2
#39Kelli O'Hara, Brian d'Arcy James to star in DAYS OF WINE & ROSES musical from LIGHT IN THE PIAZZA team
Posted: 1/31/23 at 10:06pm

Is this on sale to non-members yet? If not, anyone know what that date is?

TaffyDavenport
#40Kelli O'Hara, Brian d'Arcy James to star in DAYS OF WINE & ROSES musical from LIGHT IN THE PIAZZA team
Posted: 1/31/23 at 10:09pm

amiyagi said: "When is opening night? Nothing on Atlantic website and all the articles say TBA"

Either June 5 or 6, but most likely 5.

Updated On: 1/31/23 at 10:09 PM

TaffyDavenport
#41Kelli O'Hara, Brian d'Arcy James to star in DAYS OF WINE & ROSES musical from LIGHT IN THE PIAZZA team
Posted: 1/31/23 at 10:12pm

Jmuep2 said: "Is this on sale to non-members yet? If not, anyone know what that date is?"

This Thursday at noon.

gleek4114 Profile Photo
gleek4114
#42Kelli O'Hara, Brian d'Arcy James to star in DAYS OF WINE & ROSES musical from LIGHT IN THE PIAZZA team
Posted: 2/2/23 at 8:18am

It looks like Access25 tickets are onsale today at noon as well? How do you get these? Do you submit “Access25” as the promo code?

gleek4114 Profile Photo
gleek4114
#43Kelli O'Hara, Brian d'Arcy James to star in DAYS OF WINE & ROSES musical from LIGHT IN THE PIAZZA team
Posted: 2/2/23 at 10:10am

Also it’s worth noting that Kelli O’Hara will not appear in the show in its final weekend (as scheduled right now). 

steve.sometime
WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#45Kelli O'Hara, Brian d'Arcy James to star in DAYS OF WINE & ROSES musical from LIGHT IN THE PIAZZA team
Posted: 2/2/23 at 12:15pm

I've been having trouble accessing them since noon...

Not seeing them offered for any date.

Hamilfan2
#46Kelli O'Hara, Brian d'Arcy James to star in DAYS OF WINE & ROSES musical from LIGHT IN THE PIAZZA team
Posted: 2/2/23 at 12:15pm

Anyone else having problems checking out?  I am stuck entering my billing address and it just keeps refreshing

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#47Kelli O'Hara, Brian d'Arcy James to star in DAYS OF WINE & ROSES musical from LIGHT IN THE PIAZZA team
Posted: 2/2/23 at 12:16pm

"I've been having trouble accessing them since noon...Not seeing them offered for any date."

Me too...and I've been checking every date for the first couple of weeks. Nothing at $25 offered. I guess we were too late. Frustrating.

steve.sometime
#48Kelli O'Hara, Brian d'Arcy James to star in DAYS OF WINE & ROSES musical from LIGHT IN THE PIAZZA team
Posted: 2/2/23 at 12:19pm

Yeah, it got very slow as soon as it turned 12pm. My first attempt failed, but I refreshed the seating chart and luckily 4 are still available. I grabbed one, added to cart, and it took about half a minute to get to the shopping cart page. Once I was there, I knew I was safe. 

smokeline2
#49Kelli O'Hara, Brian d'Arcy James to star in DAYS OF WINE & ROSES musical from LIGHT IN THE PIAZZA team
Posted: 2/2/23 at 12:20pm

It took me a few minutes to check out because the final payment page was buggy, but it did eventually go through.

I was lucky to grab a $25 seat when I refreshed my preferred date right at noon, and by the time I checked out at 12:03 it looks like most were gone. (I wasn't planning to buy any more tickets, but checked a few other dates out of curiosity.)

Updated On: 2/2/23 at 12:20 PM

Videos