pixeltracker

Don't Let CAROLINE CLOSE!- Page 2

Don't Let CAROLINE CLOSE!

Corine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
#25re: Don't Let CAROLINE CLOSE!
Posted: 8/5/04 at 1:54pm

I have seen it three times.
I bought two tickets on TKTS. I was out of work for the past 8 months. If I could do more i would.
It is a great show. Updated On: 8/5/04 at 01:54 PM

SueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
#26re: Don't Let CAROLINE CLOSE!
Posted: 8/5/04 at 2:03pm

So, what you are saying is that if you HAD money it would be where your mouth is?

PEACE.

BwayTheatre11
#27re: Don't Let CAROLINE CLOSE!
Posted: 8/5/04 at 2:13pm

You know, this pisses me off! Why the he** do all of the amazing shows close so soon?

CCM '10!

jayem1968 Profile Photo
jayem1968
#28re: Don't Let CAROLINE CLOSE!
Posted: 8/5/04 at 2:16pm

And The Lion King plays on...and on...and on....and on...

Everybody goes down well with beer.

#29re: Don't Let CAROLINE CLOSE!
Posted: 8/5/04 at 2:19pm

SAVE CAROLINE!!!!!!! Is it set to close? GOD NOOOO! I've seen it three times, i've bought tickets to go again!

BwayTheatre11
JakeB
#31re: Don't Let CAROLINE CLOSE!
Posted: 8/5/04 at 2:52pm

Derric, these shows close because people buy the CDs instead of going to see them. Sound familiar...?

Plum
#32re: Don't Let CAROLINE CLOSE!
Posted: 8/5/04 at 3:13pm

These shows close at least partly because Broadway's audience is something like 70% tourists, many of whom are foreign. And foreign tourists don't want to see a show that's so dependent on language for understanding.

For all you people who sorta kinda want to see a show and delay until the closing notice goes up...why? If you're trying to decide between a bestseller or a show you've seen before and an underdog, go with the latter. It needs your support.

I'm going off to mope for a while. I hate this.

MusicMan
#33re: Don't Let CAROLINE CLOSE!
Posted: 8/5/04 at 3:20pm

The audience has spoken.

FindingNamo
#34re: Don't Let CAROLINE CLOSE!
Posted: 8/5/04 at 3:23pm

And now so has the butthole!

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

Benzy92 Profile Photo
Benzy92
#35re: Don't Let CAROLINE CLOSE!
Posted: 8/5/04 at 4:17pm

What an amazing show! I sawi it once and am going to try again on TDF before its gone.. I hope it gets recorded for HBO since they are one of the producers.. PBS?

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#36re: Don't Let CAROLINE CLOSE!
Posted: 8/5/04 at 4:19pm

I think it's the best thing on Broadway! I was pretty upset to see that it is closing. I was planning to be in New York again and I wanted to see it for a second time. I saw it in April and I now can't stop listening to it! (Finally gave WICKED a rest!) Really sad to see it go. But it seems that people aren't going for the stuff that challenges you or makes you think. Just my opinion!

Just give the world Love.
Updated On: 8/5/04 at 04:19 PM

Sumofallthings Profile Photo
Sumofallthings
#37re: Don't Let CAROLINE CLOSE!
Posted: 8/5/04 at 5:37pm

Maybe you can take the Democratic Party approach and turn not buying a ticket into a hate crime.

BSoBW2: I punched Sondheim in the face after I saw Wicked and said, "Why couldn't you write like that!?"

The Goat
#38re: Don't Let CAROLINE CLOSE!
Posted: 8/5/04 at 8:06pm

Thanks to this board I saw the closing notice for "Caroline" and was able to get online and get a ticket for the final matinee on August 29th. Can we assume that now the show is closing, Pinkins will not be taking that vacation until the 29th? I find it difficult to believe she would want to miss the closing performance of a show she said has been the best and most important thing she's been involved with during her career. In any case, if the show does close on the 29th, I'd like to suggest that all broadwayworld folks who are there get together afterwards and cheer the cast as they leave the theatre--and we fellow "Changers" can say "hello" to each other at the same time.

WhatDoINeedWithLove?
#39re: Don't Let CAROLINE CLOSE!
Posted: 8/5/04 at 8:10pm

Im really upset that I wont get the chance to see it

Corine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
#40re: Don't Let CAROLINE CLOSE!
Posted: 8/6/04 at 12:09am

Goat-
I am not giving up that easily. I hope to make Change last a lot longer.
Why can't the good shows survive. Caroline is a brilliant show.
Great acting. Great music. Great everything.
I am really pissed off. Why don't the great works last.
That is the question of the day.

MusicMan
#41re: Don't Let CAROLINE CLOSE!
Posted: 8/6/04 at 12:49am

You can have eleven hundred morons sitting in the audience, but when they come together in the darkness, an almost mystical thing happens, a kind of mass unconscious that is smarter than any single individual. They can spot phoniness, pretension and mediocrity a mile off. That's what happened.
Theater is in the communications business--if it can't or won't communicate, it's not in business. And the lone ravings of delusional, star-struck fans won't ever change that fact. Updated On: 8/6/04 at 12:49 AM

Plum
#42re: Don't Let CAROLINE CLOSE!
Posted: 8/6/04 at 9:45am

Lone ravings of...fans? Gee, that doesn't sound right. Sounds like Caroline has more than one fan, MusicMan. Sounds like it has...a bunch. I like to think that our collective conciousness is smarter than any one person. Like you.

But in real life, what does your so-called "collective conciousness" give us? When the popular always wins out, what do we get? William Hung sells albums. Fantasia, who sounds like Macy Grey on acid and attempting to belt, subjects millions to her "rendition" of the national anthem during the Baseball All-Star Game. And talentless hacks with all the personality of dishwater are ascendent.

If popularity were directly proportional to quality, the original production of Sweeney Todd would still be running and Oh, Calcutta! would have closed in previews. Unfortunately, popularity has nothing to do with anything a great deal of the time. So I'll trust what I saw at the Eugene O'Neill, thanks. I loved Caroline, and the fact that people who would rather see Rent for the 546th time didn't go to it doesn't affect my opinions.

The Goat
#43re: Don't Let CAROLINE CLOSE!
Posted: 8/6/04 at 9:59am

Corine: I said IF "Caroline" closes, we fans might rally at the stage door on the 29th. I'd like to see it stay open too, and have bought 3 tickets for performances between now and the 29th to show my support, and am getting friends who said they'd see it some time to get their tickets now. I'll be there tonight.

Brodybaby03 Profile Photo
Brodybaby03
#44re: Don't Let CAROLINE CLOSE!
Posted: 8/6/04 at 10:30am

Im mad ASSASINS closed...Im angry CABARET closed (not only because now how is Adrien Brody going to make his Broadway debut) but because it was a show that made you think and had a strong message but so did ASSASINS...But as someone said ASSASINS closed AFTER they extented their limited run so to me they triumphed.
I guess I just can't see what it is about Caroline....sorry...I think Jeanine Tesori is a genius...but I didn't really care for VIOLET, and I don't really like this.
But it is going to close.
It had a very good run I think for a show that wasn't expected to have much of a run to begin with. It sent out a message, won a lot of accolades, but it's done.

leomaxfrank Profile Photo
leomaxfrank
#45re: Don't Let CAROLINE CLOSE!
Posted: 8/6/04 at 12:11pm

so you didn't like Violet or Caroline...
what of the genius Tesori did you like - Millie?
i should have guessed.

But I won't live alone in a house of regret.

Brodybaby03 Profile Photo
Brodybaby03
#46re: Don't Let CAROLINE CLOSE!
Posted: 8/6/04 at 12:21pm

Um actually no not just MILLIE (which I don't think that makes me predictable or juvenille or pathetic for enjoying such a wonderful score even though you aparently have issues with it)
I actually became a fan of her work (and prefer overall) when I heard the music that was in the revival of TWELFTH NIGHT...it was one of the most incredibly beautiful scores I ever heard. I dont like the lyrics in Violet and I think many of the songs are too long with no thought, I can say this clearly because I've also SEEN the show. Next time don't "guess" , I don't need it.

leomaxfrank Profile Photo
leomaxfrank
#47re: Don't Let CAROLINE CLOSE!
Posted: 8/6/04 at 12:59pm

well it was a test and you passed. good work.
i don't agree with you on Violet, however, I am glad you like Twelfth Night. It's gorgeous.

But I won't live alone in a house of regret.

NuggetMonkeys Profile Photo
NuggetMonkeys
#48re: Don't Let CAROLINE CLOSE!
Posted: 8/6/04 at 2:32pm

I cannnnotttt believe I have missed this thread for as long as I have. UGH MEGA-POOOOOOOOOP.
Caroline is one of my favorite shows of all time.
history.
all time.
ever.
I will pull a "Corine" right now and say

B
BB
BBB
BB
B
UU
UUU
UU
U
Y
YY
YYY
YYYY

tickets!
aghhhhhhh...
sadly, i will say this next comment, from the show itself: "everything changes, and you've got to go."
bahhhhhh
-d.b.j-

Vary My Days.

Chip1012 Profile Photo
Chip1012
#49re: Don't Let CAROLINE CLOSE!
Posted: 8/6/04 at 2:33pm

Ok off topic yes, but does anyone know what time Tonya arrives for a matinee? Hoping to go August 22nd for the last time and would like her to sign a photo I took with her, and can't stay much time after the show.
thanks

Videos