Idina Menzel

FOCI Profile Photo
FOCI
#25re: Idina Menzel
Posted: 9/6/04 at 11:36pm

Cjoyce-your story is very touching and would paint Idina in a positive light. I, however, have a hard time w/ this b/c while I'm sure your nephew is special why couldn't she have taken 5 seconds to be nice to those girls. It would mean just as much to them, obviously it's nice that she was nice to her younger fans-but she can't really be exclusive as to which fans are deserving of her attention and which ones should have to cry becasue she won't sign an autograph.
Millie- just hope no one delivering pizza shows up and evrything should be ok.
StateofJade-couldn't agree more.

"I guess she is one very confident girl who feels if you see it, it shall be. I hope she sees a room with a piano player and a bunch of scary middle-aged queens sitting behind a table, talking to each other as she auditions!!" -Marc Shaiman on Kelly Osbourne in Hairspray

timote316
#26re: Idina Menzel
Posted: 9/6/04 at 11:42pm

She came out, and signed quite a few autographs when I went. She moved quite fast down the line, and it looks like she scribbled Auey on my Playbill, but she didn't have to do sign at all. Plus, she thanked me for my support when I congratulated her on her Tony, so I have no complaints about Idina. Actually, the entire cast of Wicked was nice that nite...

BroadwayGirl107 Profile Photo
BroadwayGirl107
#27re: Idina Menzel
Posted: 9/6/04 at 11:43pm

Idina's fans, from what I've seen, are far more obnoxious at the stage door than she is.

NoDayButToday2 Profile Photo
NoDayButToday2
#28re: Idina Menzel
Posted: 9/6/04 at 11:44pm

never met her after wicked but she was an absolute DOLL after rent re: Idina  Menzel we chatted for quite some time and she signed everything i asked her too as well as taking pictures... then again that was before the wicked madness...

greenifyed Profile Photo
greenifyed
#29re: Idina Menzel
Posted: 9/7/04 at 1:48am

She's nice, as long as you're not, "OMG SIGN THIS!!!11!!" As long as you're courteous to her, she's courteous to you. She's not a big fan of.. big fans - from what I can tell. *shrug* She was very nice when I met her.

"The tick BOOM tick BOOM is so loud I can't hear the rain on the grass. I can't hear the wind. I'm about to scream. But I realize I'm not alone."

Crazy4MattMorrison52 Profile Photo
Crazy4MattMorrison52
#30re: Idina Menzel
Posted: 9/7/04 at 1:52am

ive met her a few times shes been shy and fast but signs for everyone and smiles in pictures. once a lady told her shes glad she didnt die and she just smiled back, what else are you suppose to say. shes nice enought to come out

"gimme a bottle of bourbon and half a chicken and i'll conquer the world!"

sndtrklvr Profile Photo
sndtrklvr
#31re: Idina Menzel
Posted: 9/7/04 at 10:13am

The crowds backstage are CRAZY. When my daughter (age 5) and I saw it back in the Spring, I had no desire to bring her to the stage door and this was before the Tonys. My daughter, however, loves the show and is crazy about Elphie. I wrote Idina a short note asking for an autograph for her and she responded in less than a week with a sweetly signed personalized photo. So I guess my vote goes to the "nice" list.

So my dear you think you can get to Broadway. Well, let me tell you something. Broadway has no room for people like you. Not the Broadway I know. My Broadway takes people like you and eats them up and spits them out. My Broadway is the Broadway of Merman, and Martin, and Fontaine, and if you think you can build yourself up by knocking other people down... ...GOOD LUCK... Seinfeld

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#32re: Idina Menzel
Posted: 9/7/04 at 10:58am

Cjoyce has an extremely touching story. And I think the story shows what a genuwine person she is.

I think she just can't stand the annnoying teenybopper girls whining for autographs at the stage door. They are sooo annoying.

FOCI Profile Photo
FOCI
#33re: Idina Menzel
Posted: 9/7/04 at 9:35pm

"joyce has an extremely touching story. And I think the story shows what a genuwine person she is.

I think she just can't stand the annnoying teenybopper girls whining for autographs at the stage door. They are sooo annoying."

This is not specifically in regards to idina but just "famous" people in general. Acknowledging only certain types of fans is actually more rude than not acknowledging anyone. I used to be a pre-teen, I know what it's like. Girls especially are incredibly insecure and when they find someone to admire, especially someone like Idina, who one would assume is a better role model than Britney, it is exciting vor them. They are emotional and it means so much to them to be acknowledged and recognized and 10:1 odds if she had just singed their stupid playbills and smiled at them, they would have instantly quieted down and stopped being obnoxious, at least until they were a good ways away from the stagedoor. Not to mention the fact that I think a "broadway teenybopper" is an oxymoron. OK, my point is-give the teenyboppers a chance the fact that they like broadway in my opinion says a lot about them, and gove them a chance to grow up a litle and gain some self-confidence before ripping them to shreds and destroying their self-esteem

"I guess she is one very confident girl who feels if you see it, it shall be. I hope she sees a room with a piano player and a bunch of scary middle-aged queens sitting behind a table, talking to each other as she auditions!!" -Marc Shaiman on Kelly Osbourne in Hairspray
Updated On: 9/7/04 at 09:35 PM

StateOfJade Profile Photo
StateOfJade
#34re: Idina Menzel
Posted: 9/7/04 at 9:38pm

Thank you, Oprah.

"I really liked the show--Wish I saw Boy's Night...Am I allowed as I am not a boy anymore:)"-duffyny1

FOCI Profile Photo
FOCI
#35re: Idina Menzel
Posted: 9/7/04 at 9:41pm

Your welcome!!

Sumofallthings Profile Photo
Sumofallthings
#36re: Idina Menzel
Posted: 9/7/04 at 10:07pm

One time I gave her Tonya Pinkins tony for Jelly's Last Jam and Idina refused to sign it. So I stole a carriage from central park and ran the bitch down.

BSoBW2: I punched Sondheim in the face after I saw Wicked and said, "Why couldn't you write like that!?"

ElphieDefiesGravity Profile Photo
ElphieDefiesGravity
#37re: Idina Menzel
Posted: 9/7/04 at 10:27pm

Both times I stage-doored for Wicked, Idina was nice. Shy, but nice. She signed for everyone. She didn't talk much, but was still very nice and responded if someone paid her a compliment or congratulated her on winning the TONY or something.

FOCI- If Idina doesn't come out in between shows, how could she know those girls were waiting for her? Can you hear from inside the theatre? Just wondering...

cjoyce-That is a great story! I am very jealous.

BroadwayGirl107-Is that picture of Idina? My sister is convinced it isn't, but I think it looks suspiciously like her.....

"Blow out the candles, Robert, and make a wish. Want something. Want something."

Wishes come true, not free.

Mattio98
#38re: Idina Menzel
Posted: 9/7/04 at 10:29pm

"One time I gave her Tonya Pinkins tony for Jelly's Last Jam and Idina refused to sign it. So I stole a carriage from central park and ran the bitch down."

Maybe she was just jealous because Tonya earned her Tony. re: Idina  Menzel

meagan9848 Profile Photo
meagan9848
#39re: Idina Menzel
Posted: 9/8/04 at 12:36am

S-E-A-R-C-H

seriously, been discussed to death...

however, she was nice when I met her pre-wicked freaks

Idina: Somehow I got myself to the stage, came out at the end of the show, and I had some kind of closure.
Some guy: You looked great!
Idina: Thanks...I WAS SO HIGH! 8/21/05

Videos