Idina Menzel

Born2cthelightsofbway Profile Photo
Born2cthelightsofbway
#0Idina Menzel
Posted: 9/6/04 at 8:55pm

For those of you who have met her or had experiences can you tell me if shes nice or rude, or whatever? Thanks in advance!

"You alone can make my song take flight, it's over now, the Music of the Night!!!!!"

#1re: Idina Menzel
Posted: 9/6/04 at 8:56pm

she was shy, but really quite nice to me!

wicked4life51 Profile Photo
wicked4life51
#2re: Idina Menzel
Posted: 9/6/04 at 8:57pm

she is nice great person though not very talkitive when backstage preserving her voice i believe but shes a great person, amazing great personality and great talent

"what? what is it? do i have something in my teeth? ok lets get this over with : no im not seasick,yes ive always been green, and no i didnt chew grass as a child "

LadyGuenevere
#3re: Idina Menzel
Posted: 9/6/04 at 8:57pm

When I met her...eh...she was 'whatever.'

Mattio98
#4re: Idina Menzel
Posted: 9/6/04 at 9:02pm

Idina and I had sex in the alley next to the Gershwin and she never called me back. B*tch.

LadyGuenevere
#5re: Idina Menzel
Posted: 9/6/04 at 9:02pm

Dude...seriously...I'd be careful, especially if ya see Taye in front of your house.

ponine24601
#6re: Idina Menzel
Posted: 9/6/04 at 9:03pm

lol. when i met her (this was after AIDA so, if might be different) she was so sweet. she talked to me for about 5-10 minutes.

"People asking questions, lost in confusion. Well I tell them there's no problems, only solutions." ~The one and only John Lennon

Sumofallthings Profile Photo
Sumofallthings
#7re: Idina Menzel
Posted: 9/6/04 at 9:03pm

Idina had her bodyguard hit me in the knee with a baseball bat before the show.

BSoBW2: I punched Sondheim in the face after I saw Wicked and said, "Why couldn't you write like that!?"

Marquise Profile Photo
Marquise
#8re: Idina Menzel
Posted: 9/6/04 at 9:13pm

I was standing innocently outside the Gershwin stage door waiting for my Cheno to come out (I can never get too much of Cheno) when all of a sudden Idina comes out, thinks I'm gonna ask her for her autograph (which I wasn't) proceeds to size me up for a millisecond before hauling off and slapping me. That sh*t hurt!

Sumofallthings
#9re: Idina Menzel
Posted: 9/6/04 at 9:14pm

Another time she cursed me in Hebrew and then exploded in a flash of light.

BSoBW2: I punched Sondheim in the face after I saw Wicked and said, "Why couldn't you write like that!?"

FOCI Profile Photo
FOCI
#10re: Idina Menzel
Posted: 9/6/04 at 9:18pm

I posted this in the rudest stage door people thread-but it seems appropriate here as well.
-Back to the rude fans at the stagedoor, when I saw "Wicked", there was this whole crowd of I don't know 13-14 year old girls huddled together sort of creating a barrier to make sure they were the first people in line. Well, I wasn't even standing at the stage door and I could hear everything they said and it basically went like this:

Stagehand: Idina doesn't come out between matinees
Girls: WHAAAAT? I don't care she's done this to me 4 times, I even bought her a gift and everything and she still won't come out!!
Stagehand: Sorry, she does this a lot *shrugs*
Girls: Well we should just wait here until she comes out, I mean she has to come out eventually... *one girl begins to cry.*
Satghand: I'm sorry everyone else will come out, she's always tired or something I guess....really everyone else is really nice.
Girls: We want Idina!!!!!! *proceed to start chanting Idina @ the top of their lungs*
~Some ensemble members walk out~
To each one individually the girls say: Do you know Idina, could you tell her to come out??
~Michelle, Joey, Christopher walk out~
To each one individually this time in a sort of angry vocie: TELL IDINA TO COME OUT!< they all just look at them pityingly>
~ Pizza man walks in~
Girls: IS THAT IDINA"S PIZZA????UM PIZZA MAN WILL YOU TELL IDINA TO COME OUT?!!?IDINA YOUR PIZZA IS HERE! IDINA YOUR PIZZA IS HERE! IDINA YOUR PIZZA IS HERE!!!
then it became a sort of chant where they alternated screaming Idina's name and telling her her pizza was there while silmataneously some of them cried.I was standing on the side talking to my friend, when one of the crying girls saw me and looked up through her tears and goes "Hey, YOU look like Idina!"

Needless to say that scared me a little so we took off and Idina never showed up, although I do wonder how long they waited. Definitely an entertaining episode though.

"I guess she is one very confident girl who feels if you see it, it shall be. I hope she sees a room with a piano player and a bunch of scary middle-aged queens sitting behind a table, talking to each other as she auditions!!" -Marc Shaiman on Kelly Osbourne in Hairspray

Marquise Profile Photo
Marquise
#11re: Idina Menzel
Posted: 9/6/04 at 9:18pm

Sum --

That one is priceless! Right next to the one which said: "She flies out of the roof of the Gershwin after "Defying Gravity" yelling: "I HAVE TO GET A BETTER PEN!!!!"

POLisPOL Profile Photo
POLisPOL
#12re: Idina Menzel
Posted: 9/6/04 at 9:26pm

I want to kick somebody's head.

****ing wicked fans!

Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!

cjoyce
#13re: Idina Menzel
Posted: 9/6/04 at 9:51pm

If you are tired of hearing complaints about Wicked posts, I suggest that, in addition to posting to the thread, we start PMing everyone who complains or suggests that we use the "all-purpose" thread. Is there any other show that has an "all-purpose thread?" That idea stinks!!! I believe in our freedom of speech!!! If you don't want to read it...don't click the link. How difficult is that to comprehend?

Sumofallthings
#14re: Idina Menzel
Posted: 9/6/04 at 9:54pm

C Joyce
C Joyce leave
Leave Joyce leave!

Marquise Profile Photo
Marquise
#15re: Idina Menzel
Posted: 9/6/04 at 9:55pm

to cjoyce: umm are u like uh copying and pasting this customized public service announcement on each and every thread. how creative. gotta luv that copy/paste function! re: Idina  Menzel Updated On: 9/6/04 at 09:55 PM

StateOfJade Profile Photo
StateOfJade
#16re: Idina Menzel
Posted: 9/6/04 at 9:55pm

God that stagedoor thing is awful. Even though those girls sound pretty obnoxious and stupid, I've heard that Idina really is a bitch to a lot of people anyways.

"I really liked the show--Wish I saw Boy's Night...Am I allowed as I am not a boy anymore:)"-duffyny1

POLisPOL Profile Photo
POLisPOL
#17re: Idina Menzel
Posted: 9/6/04 at 9:56pm

god thanks to the copy paste.
and god thanks to the licked tickets.

cjoyce
#18re: Idina Menzel
Posted: 9/6/04 at 9:58pm

Check out the pictures: https://www.broadwayworld.com/photo2.cfm?id=cjoyce

It's a long story...my nephew absolutely loves theatre. He is also an absolute nut when it comes to the Wizard of Oz. I saw Wicked in November and loved the show. but didn't tell me nephew for jealousy reasons. He saw Wicked perform in the Macy's parade, called me...said he had to see this show. Promised to give back all his Christmas presents for the opportunity to see the show. I bought him the cast recording for Christmas. Like most peole, he loved it and memorized it in a matter of days.

I scraped together the funds to take him and my sister to NYC to see Wicked. We planned to drive in and spend one day in the city. I wrote a letter to Idina about my nephew and asked if she could send him a photo or say hello at the stage door. Much to my suprise, she and her dresser read the letter. Her dresser called and invited us backstage.

On March 27, we waited on the stage after the show while Idina got out of her makeup and costume. Idina's dresser gave us a short tour of the Gershwin and told us about the mechanics of how Wicked works. Idina then came to the stage with an autographed picture for my nephew. She went right over to him and gave him a hug and kiss and said she was so happy to meet him. She took an immediate liking to my nephew. She asked him to sing for her and have very positive things to say about his voice. They talked about the shows he had been in and what is was like to be on Broadway. She was FABULOUS. She probably spent 30-40 minutes with us and was always holding onto him, held his hand, had her arm around him, etc.

When we were leaving, my nephew turned to waive good-bye and she insisted on a hug and kiss. She told him to keep in touch with her. She hugged and kissed my sister and told her she had a very talented son and to keep her up to date on his career. She hugged and kissed me and told me thank you for allowing her the oppotunity to meet him.

My nephew has corresponded with her a few times since, more him writing to her than she writing to him. We took him back to the show again in July. We made sure to tell him that she probably wouldn't remember him. She meets hundreds of people everyday and he's just one kid she met 5 months ago. We didn't tell Idina or her dresser we were coming. She emerged from the stage door and signed autographs for the large crowd standing outside. As she got close to where we were standing, she glanced to her right and called him by name. The chatted for a few minutes and she went on her way. We were absolutely shocked that she remembered him.

The next night, my nephew insisted on buying her flowers and telling her good bye. He spend his allowance on flowers and we went back to the stage door. She again signed lots of autographs, but wasn't stopping for pictures. She noticed him there. He said to her, "I wanted to thank you for making me feel so special. I have to go home tomorrow and I wanted to make sure I said good bye." She grabbed him, hugged and kissed him. She said, "You are a very special person to me and I will keep in touch with you." She then asked my sister to take a picture of the two of them and make sure to send her a copy.

Needless to say, my nephew, as well as my sister and I, are very big Idina Menzel fans. We will follow her career wherever it takes her. She is a very special person.

#1Elphie Profile Photo
#1Elphie
#19re: Idina Menzel
Posted: 9/6/04 at 9:58pm

If you see a thread labeled "IDINA MENZEL" and you don't like Wicked or you don't like reading threads about it or it's stars, then DON'T OPEN THE THREAD! It's really not that hard.

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#20re: Idina Menzel
Posted: 9/6/04 at 9:59pm

Sadly, very difficult for most.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

Sumofallthings
#21re: Idina Menzel
Posted: 9/6/04 at 9:59pm

But what if it is about Idina Menzel in The Wild Party or Rent? Or what if the thread is about the book Wicked. Then I am very much interested.

POLisPOL Profile Photo
POLisPOL
#22re: Idina Menzel
Posted: 9/6/04 at 10:00pm

specially when the first page of the board is full of stupid wicked threads. There's nothing else to read!

Millie42 Profile Photo
Millie42
#23re: Idina Menzel
Posted: 9/6/04 at 10:23pm

"~Michelle, Joey, Christopher walk out~
To each one individually this time in a sort of angry vocie: TELL IDINA TO COME OUT!< they all just look at them pityingly>
~ Pizza man walks in~
Girls: IS THAT IDINA"S PIZZA????UM PIZZA MAN WILL YOU TELL IDINA TO COME OUT?!!?IDINA YOUR PIZZA IS HERE! IDINA YOUR PIZZA IS HERE! IDINA YOUR PIZZA IS HERE!!!"

This would be the part I am not looking foward to. I want to meet the cast so I will go...and my sis really is dying to meet Joe.... but I might have to take some people out if I hear anything like that!
I keep trying to explain to my sis how horrible the people can be, but I think she will QUICKLY learn.

"My friends have made the story of my life." -Helen Keller

POLisPOL Profile Photo
POLisPOL
#24re: Idina Menzel
Posted: 9/6/04 at 10:27pm

Lo cualo?

Videos