Most Moving SHOW

BwayLover Profile Photo
BwayLover
#25re: Most Moving SHOW
Posted: 9/16/04 at 3:31pm

PASSION totally wrecked me. I was literally sobbing.

"Years from now, when you talk about this - And you will - Be kind. "

DickonDefysGravity Profile Photo
DickonDefysGravity
#26re: Most Moving SHOW
Posted: 9/16/04 at 3:45pm

Secret Garden, Parade, and Wicked....
al incredibly moving and thought provoking....but don't forget Into the Woods

And you think of all of the things you've seen, and you wish that you could live in between ,and you're back again only different than before... After the Sky. -Into the Woods (Jack)

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#27re: Most Moving SHOW
Posted: 9/16/04 at 3:47pm

Can't pick just one...

IMO:

The Normal Heart (unless we're only discussing musicals)
Gypsy
Caroline, or Change
Cabaret
Aida
Les Mis
Tick, Tick... BOOM!

A work of art is an invitation to love.

ShiksaGoddess2 Profile Photo
ShiksaGoddess2
#28re: Most Moving SHOW
Posted: 9/16/04 at 3:59pm

The Last 5 Years. This show is just so amazing, I go through ever emotion with this show. I love it so much! Norbert and Sherie are so wonderful its insane.

The Last 5 Years is LOVE!

"Rap stars will love me..... I get me a posse and shit, aiite."

redhotinnyc2 Profile Photo
redhotinnyc2
#29re: Most Moving SHOW
Posted: 9/16/04 at 3:59pm

This is a tough one for me, because I am easily moved by good material - but for my alltime top pick, I'd have to say Man of La Mancha. I was in Barnes and Noble just this week, listening to the two versions they had available in that particular store, and when it came to the death scene of the Don...I was standing there with tears running down my face - pretty embarrasing in a store like that - but darnit - that scene is SO well written (as is the entire play). I don't think it can be topped for being inspirational, joyous, deeply moving material.

"I don't really get the ending,all i can go with is when after several months,Judith saw Pat sang,and later she kissed him on the toilet,after that the story back to where Pat went down from the stage after he'd sung,and he went to the italian lady.I just don't get it,what Judith exatcly meant when he kissed Pat that she had seen,and did Pat end up together with The Italian Lady?Please help me,thank u very much!" Quote from someone on IMDB in reference to a movie he/she didn't understand. Such grammar!

Taryn Profile Photo
Taryn
#30re: Most Moving SHOW
Posted: 9/16/04 at 6:22pm

The Crucible. Maybe it was just because I was watching my brother play John Proctor (extremely, EXTREMELY well), but I was crying for almost the entirety of the second act. Once it got to the last half-hour or so, I was a wreck. You can hear my sobbing on the video of it.

spiderdj82 Profile Photo
spiderdj82
#31re: Most Moving SHOW
Posted: 9/16/04 at 6:28pm

lildogs, are you sure that is the right link address, because it is something that says under construction.

"They're eating her and then they're going to eat me. OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!" -Troll 2

lostwallflower Profile Photo
lostwallflower
#32re: Most Moving SHOW
Posted: 9/16/04 at 6:31pm

Yeah I silently cried during Tick Tick BOOM, but only during Why. Everyone else cried at the end, though.

"I'm a cuber, I'm a cuber, I'm a cuber, I'm a cuber, I'm a cuber, I'm a cuber. Please don't take me to the pickle farm."- Brak

JakeB
#33re: Most Moving SHOW
Posted: 9/16/04 at 6:38pm

I rarely cry at shows, but Blood Brothers got me the first time, as did Brassed Off, and in Steel Magnolias I was close, but not quite..

bronxboundexpress Profile Photo
bronxboundexpress
#34re: Most Moving SHOW
Posted: 9/16/04 at 6:49pm

MAMMA MIA!

bythesword84 Profile Photo
bythesword84
#35re: Most Moving SHOW
Posted: 9/16/04 at 7:25pm

Blood Brothers moved me like I've never been moved before.

And hang on, when did you win the discus?

Barnaby12345 Profile Photo
Barnaby12345
#36re: Most Moving SHOW
Posted: 9/16/04 at 7:28pm

Aida, Miss Saigon...

Delphine Profile Photo
Delphine
#37re: Most Moving SHOW
Posted: 9/16/04 at 7:38pm

I'll have to agree with Taryn and say The Crucible. I can't stop the tears, especially during the part when John Proctor rants about the importance of his name. That part always gets me.

EponineThenardier Profile Photo
EponineThenardier
#38re: Most Moving SHOW
Posted: 9/16/04 at 7:41pm

The Miz (defiantely)

also Miss Saigon was tragic but beautiful and an utter incredible expirence

Unmasked05 Profile Photo
Unmasked05
#39re: Most Moving SHOW
Posted: 9/16/04 at 7:42pm

I think the most moving show that I have seen so far is probably LES MISERABLES.....I love this show
The 2nd moving show would probably be AIDA .........but thats just my opinion.

Facebook...ME !!!

somewhere_over_the_rainbow2 Profile Photo
somewhere_over_the_rainbow2
#40re: Most Moving SHOW
Posted: 9/16/04 at 8:07pm

Most definitely, by far, absolutely, PARADE. I saw it and it was incredibly amazing!!!!

#41re: Most Moving SHOW
Posted: 9/16/04 at 8:10pm

Play - The Elephant Man
Musical - The King and I

spiderdj82 Profile Photo
spiderdj82
#42re: Most Moving SHOW
Posted: 9/16/04 at 8:24pm

I agree DGrant, I sobed at the end of ELEPHANT MAN.

"They're eating her and then they're going to eat me. OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!" -Troll 2

xanado_girl Profile Photo
xanado_girl
#43re: Most Moving SHOW
Posted: 9/16/04 at 9:06pm

There is definately at least one part of every show that moves me. I agree with what everyone else has already listed. I would also add Elegies: A Song Cycle. I have to be in the right state of mind to listen to the CD or else I get seriously depressed.

"Is it your booty? Is that what it is? Is it that booty of yours? I hope it is!"-Zanna, Don't!

Derek2
#44re: Most Moving SHOW
Posted: 9/16/04 at 9:46pm

I also forgot to say Once On This Island..."A Part of Us" always gets the tears flowing. We did it at our High School and we sold out everynight and we were told everyone (males and females) were whiping the tears from their eyes when they left. This year we're doing Godspell (also, anyone here ever played Judas? If so PM me please :)) and I have a feeling that will have the same effect on people.

I also must say that whenever I watch the Wizard of Oz (on stage) I always begin to cry when Glinda sings "Over The Rainbow-Reprise" when Dorothy clicks her heals. Im also an Oz freak so that doesnt help lol, but that story just has so many messages about life and friendship in it.

VivaBohemia Profile Photo
VivaBohemia
#45re: Most Moving SHOW
Posted: 9/16/04 at 10:49pm

Les Mis, Rent, Blood Brothers and Tick Tick Boom. Dont ask me to pick one of those, because they all made me sob.

*Krissy* **Support the use of illegal wood burning stoves. Get your own metal trash can today!**

StateOfJade Profile Photo
StateOfJade
#46re: Most Moving SHOW
Posted: 9/16/04 at 10:56pm

RENT
Man of La Mancha
The Normal Heart

"I really liked the show--Wish I saw Boy's Night...Am I allowed as I am not a boy anymore:)"-duffyny1

EVIE Profile Photo
EVIE
#47re: Most Moving SHOW
Posted: 9/16/04 at 11:02pm

I think I've been moved by pretty much every show I've seen...ummm, but for me the most moving EVER is Les Miz!!! (and not just because it's my ALL TIME favorite). I haven't seen Taboo, but just listening to the recording moved me.

StateOfJade Profile Photo
StateOfJade
#48re: Most Moving SHOW
Posted: 9/16/04 at 11:04pm

Whoa forgot about Les Mis.

"I really liked the show--Wish I saw Boy's Night...Am I allowed as I am not a boy anymore:)"-duffyny1

VivaBohemia Profile Photo
VivaBohemia
#49re: Most Moving SHOW
Posted: 9/16/04 at 11:11pm

Les Mis is honestly what got me interested in Musical Theatre. Cats was the first one I ever saw, but Les Mis was the one that made me want to get singing lessons and be involved in productions.

*Krissy* **Support the use of illegal wood burning stoves. Get your own metal trash can today!**

Videos