pixeltracker

the new Aida Equity tour- Page 2

the new Aida Equity tour

Type_A_Tiff Profile Photo
Type_A_Tiff
#25re: Not a non-Equity tour
Posted: 1/13/05 at 12:25am

It's due time to update your official site, PopBoy! re: Not a non-Equity tour

"It's not always about you!!!" (But if you think I'm referring to you anyway, then I probably am.)

"Good luck returning my ass!" - Wilhemina Slater

"This is my breakfast, lunch and f***ing dinner right here. I'm not even f***in' joking." - Colin Farrell

ThePopBoy
#26re: Not a non-Equity tour
Posted: 1/13/05 at 12:25am

Im not sure where pics would be. We just opened in LA last weekend. I will let you know.

Pinguin Profile Photo
Pinguin
#27re: Not a non-Equity tour
Posted: 1/13/05 at 12:28am

I saw it in Thousand Oaks last Sunday night. It's actually a fairly aesthetically pleasing show despite the lack of the Disney sets (in fact, really, the broadway sets are probably a little decadent for their own good anyway). There were other problems though, like the choreography was fairly weak and the ensemble seemed small...Having seen the show twice, once on tour and once on Broadway, I was used to a more powerful ensemble. I was fairly impressed with the Amneris despite the fact that she was a little sick, and the Aida was, you know, another Heather wannabe :0) Unfortunately the actual Radames broke his ankle on Saturday so the understudy stepped in...he had a nice voice but he looked so small onstage :0)

Anyway, it wasn't a terrible production, but not quite sure if it was really worth the money.

-Anyone want to turn anarchist with me?

"Bless you and all who know you, oh wise and penguined one." ~YouWantItWhen????

Type_A_Tiff
#28re: Not a non-Equity tour
Posted: 1/13/05 at 1:05am

That's the first tiem I've scared someone into taking down their avatar and removing their profile! re: Not a non-Equity tour

Anyway, Pinguin, how was the audience response when you were there? Was it a full house?

"It's not always about you!!!" (But if you think I'm referring to you anyway, then I probably am.)

"This is my breakfast, lunch and f***ing dinner right here. I'm not even f***in' joking." - Colin Farrell

IMsooHyprToday Profile Photo
IMsooHyprToday
#29re: Not a non-Equity tour
Posted: 1/13/05 at 1:41am

incase people want to check to see if a touring show is equity or not, actorsequity.com has a list. re: Not a non-Equity tour
Tour List

Dreamcatcher Profile Photo
Dreamcatcher
#30re: Not a non-Equity tour
Posted: 1/13/05 at 1:47am

Awsome!! lots of good plays taht I've wanted to see for a while are touring! better save my money. ^^

I wanted to get something that an "ex"-junkie like him would really appreciate and cherish....it's a brick of heroin shaped like a heart. -Scrubs

BwayTheatre11
#31re: Not a non-Equity tour
Posted: 1/13/05 at 10:20am

I have hardly heard anything on this tour...

CCM '10!

FabalaCohen
#32re: Not a non-Equity tour
Posted: 1/13/05 at 11:08am

I don't know if this is the same tour or not, but I'm going to a production of it up at State College on Feb. 5.

"During this performance, please feel free to let your cell phones and pagers ring willy-nilly. However, do remember that there are heavily-armed knights on stage and you might well be dragged up and impaled." (Pre-curtain announcement at the new Broadway musical Monty Python's Spamalot)

Chloe Profile Photo
Chloe
#33re: Not a non-Equity tour
Posted: 1/13/05 at 1:55pm

"That's the first tiem I've scared someone into taking down their avatar and removing their profile!"

Maybe it was *your* avatar, Tiff!

I'm sorry the tour has had a rough start. A broken ankle can take a long time to heal. Who was it who said "break a leg," anyway? re: Not a non-Equity tour

eatlasagna
#34re: Not a non-Equity tour
Posted: 1/13/05 at 4:37pm

oh my bad... i thought this was a non-equity tour... ooops... i wonder why there's not much info out there on this new tour...

oh and curious... when a person is in equity and does a non-equity tour... how do they work that out?

iLiVeOnAvEnUeQ Profile Photo
iLiVeOnAvEnUeQ
#35re: Not a non-Equity tour
Posted: 1/13/05 at 7:12pm

My school's doing Aida in April :)

I'm a Thespian, wanna watch?

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#36re: Not a non-Equity tour
Posted: 1/13/05 at 7:13pm

oh my bad... i thought this was a non-equity tour

Wait wait. Isn't it the non-equity tour? Look at the name of this thread...

Sounds... interesting. But not the same... *cries*

A work of art is an invitation to love.

jrb_actor Profile Photo
jrb_actor
#37re: Not a non-Equity tour
Posted: 1/14/05 at 12:25am

when a person is in equity and does a non-equity tour... how do they work that out?

They can only do this if Equity agrees to a guest artist contract. Otherwise, the actor is scabbing (doing the non-Equity show illegally).

Type_A_Tiff
#38re: Not a non-Equity tour
Posted: 1/14/05 at 12:31am

I believe you can also forego your Equity membership for the time that you're with the show - I think this was the case with Jon Jon Briones in the recent Miss Saigon tour. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

jrb_actor Profile Photo
jrb_actor
#39re: Not a non-Equity tour
Posted: 1/14/05 at 3:00am

I don't think that is correct. I mean--you can go on leave from Equity, but I don't think they would accept one's doing so to do a non-Equity show. I don't think that would go over well at all.

Type_A_Tiff
#40re: Not a non-Equity tour
Posted: 1/14/05 at 3:15am

Good point. I'll go check my Miss Saigon pgm and see what it says.

IMsooHyprToday Profile Photo
IMsooHyprToday
#41re: Not a non-Equity tour
Posted: 1/14/05 at 1:27pm

Do tours ever make the switch from Equity to non-equity? Actors Equity Website show that the current Urinetown tour is non-equity... And the one i saw (a while ago...) had Christiane Noll (who was later replaced by Amy Sspangler, right?) So that was Equity, right? Would it just... switch?
Actors Equity Tour Listing

jrb_actor Profile Photo
jrb_actor
#42re: Not a non-Equity tour
Posted: 1/14/05 at 1:35pm

It could only go from Equity to non-Equity by completely recasting the show. The Equity tour closes. And the non-Equity is a different touring production.

The opposite is what Equity is trying to do--take non-Equity tours and give the cast and stage managers Equity contracts.

timote316
#43re: Not a non-Equity tour
Posted: 1/14/05 at 2:51pm

I'm so confused lol

Type_A_Tiff
#44re: Not a non-Equity tour
Posted: 1/14/05 at 3:29pm

Basically, tours can't just wake up and switch to save money and expect the present cast to go along with it. In order for the tour to go from equity to non-equity, the production has to close for a bit, the roles need to be recast with non-equity actors, and they go from there. It's basically a brand new tour.

Oh, and fyi, I just checked my program for Miss Saigon and there isn't recognition that Jon Jon Briones appeared with the permission of actor's equity. The only union it acknowledges is when it mentions, "The Director and Choreographer are members of the Society of Stage Directors And Choreographer, Inc., an independent national labor union." *shrugs* Any ideas?

jrb_actor Profile Photo
jrb_actor
#45re: Not a non-Equity tour
Posted: 1/14/05 at 3:36pm

If you are certain that the show was non-Equity, than he is non-Equity. And if he was Equity before, I'm guessing he will have trouble getting back into the union. He may have decided not to be Equity anymore.

Chloe Profile Photo
Chloe
#46re: Not a non-Equity tour
Posted: 1/14/05 at 5:46pm

Eatlasagna, maybe you should change the title of this thread in your original post (I think you're the only one who can do this) so as to prevent further confusion.

And what this seems to be is an Aida Equity non-Disney tour.

eatlasagna
#47re: Not a non-Equity tour
Posted: 1/14/05 at 6:20pm

chloe.... your wish has been granted!

Type_A_Tiff
#48re: Not a non-Equity tour
Posted: 1/14/05 at 6:30pm

What do you mean non-Disney?

Chloe Profile Photo
Chloe
#49re: Not a non-Equity tour
Posted: 1/14/05 at 6:32pm

"What do you mean non-Disney?"

It's not being produced by Disney nor using any of their production elements.

Videos