HoW MAnY hAvE YoU SeEn?

edenespinosalover Profile Photo
edenespinosalover
#26re: HoW MAnY hAvE YoU SeEn?
Posted: 1/30/05 at 3:08am

I've only seen 5, but I've only been to NYC once.

Caroline-Q-or-TBoo Profile Photo
Caroline-Q-or-TBoo
#27re: HoW MAnY hAvE YoU SeEn?
Posted: 1/30/05 at 3:27am

many

"Picture "The View," with the wisecracking, sympathetic sweethearts of that ABC television show replaced by a panel of embittered, suffering or enraged Arab women" -the Times review of Black Eyed

Lisatwin-2 Profile Photo
Lisatwin-2
#28re: HoW MAnY hAvE YoU SeEn?
Posted: 1/30/05 at 3:41am

2 years ago I counted and it was 128 different titles that I could remember. (NOT counting some that I have seen 6-10 times each!)I have probably added another 15 titles since. (I have been going to musicals for 17+ years)

LyTeMyCanDyI Profile Photo
LyTeMyCanDyI
#29re: HoW MAnY hAvE YoU SeEn?
Posted: 1/30/05 at 9:57am

Well, it depends. I've seen 22 DIFFERENT shows but if you count all of the doubles (and one quadruple) it's 30. Not bad for a kid who just turned 17.

Megan Mullally as Karen Walker on Will and Grace: "Tell me more. Tell me more. Like does he have a car?"

Justice Profile Photo
Justice
#30re: HoW MAnY hAvE YoU SeEn?
Posted: 1/30/05 at 10:11am

More than you could ever possibly imagine. I've been seeing shows since 1990.

"Do you know what pledge time is, Andrew"? said the PBS Executive. "Yes", Lloyd Webber replied. "My 50th birthday special must be one program that gets done a lot." "No", mused the man from PBS heedlessy. "Not so much. Our Stephen Sondheim Carnegie Hall concert. That's a big one." Spoons, forks and knives seemed suddenly to suspend their motion in horror, all around the table.

playbill_signer_05 Profile Photo
playbill_signer_05
#31re: HoW MAnY hAvE YoU SeEn?
Posted: 1/30/05 at 10:17am

6! Hoorah! That includes tours and premiers. Well, I saw Spamalot twice so that could be 7 if you want to look at it that way.

erinrebecca
#32re: HoW MAnY hAvE YoU SeEn?
Posted: 1/30/05 at 10:26am

I think asking how many DIFFERENT shows people have seen is more interesting than how many of the same show. Although I've seen many shows more than once, these people who return to the same old show over and over and over, without seeing anything else, are a little crazy. The last time I counted I was at around 80 different shows on Broadway, 30 off-Broadway, 25 tours, and about 60 community theatre and school productions. Variety is the spice of life, people.

Albin Profile Photo
Albin
#33re: HoW MAnY hAvE YoU SeEn?
Posted: 1/30/05 at 10:45am

Wow. That's quite a nasty intermittent spontaneous caps lock problem you have there. You really oughta call tech support.

iluvtheatertrash
#34re: HoW MAnY hAvE YoU SeEn?
Posted: 1/30/05 at 11:06am

Um. Over 60? I don't know. I don't keep count.

"I know now that theatre saved my life." - Susan Stroman

InfiniteTheaterFrenzy Profile Photo
InfiniteTheaterFrenzy
#35re: HoW MAnY hAvE YoU SeEn?
Posted: 1/30/05 at 11:11am

Wow. I saw 23 Broadway shows in 2004. I feel like a very lucky girl!
We are all so lucky. re: HoW MAnY hAvE YoU SeEn?

[title of show] on Broadway. it's time. believe.

Eileen2 Profile Photo
Eileen2
#36re: HoW MAnY hAvE YoU SeEn?
Posted: 1/30/05 at 11:29am

I'd have to pull out my Playbill collection... many over the years.

Elizabeth_DeBris
#37re: HoW MAnY hAvE YoU SeEn?
Posted: 1/30/05 at 12:06pm

Assuming this is referring to Broadway and Off-Broadway, my grand total is two (The Producers, and Blast a few years ago on a school trip). I'm seeing La Cage in 23 days, though... and Spamalot, in March. And there was much rejoicing. Yay.

Liam Profile Photo
Liam
#38re: HoW MAnY hAvE YoU SeEn?
Posted: 1/30/05 at 12:10pm

La Vie Boheme
#39re: HoW MAnY hAvE YoU SeEn?
Posted: 1/30/05 at 12:15pm

New rule: Wicked counts as 5

Dirty Rotten Scoundrals Program: $10 Dirty Rotten Scoundrals Window Poster: $15 Winning the lottery with your friend: Priceless (+ $25) I<3NY
Updated On: 1/30/05 at 12:15 PM

Crazy4MattMorrison52 Profile Photo
Crazy4MattMorrison52
#40re: HoW MAnY hAvE YoU SeEn?
Posted: 1/30/05 at 12:19pm

50 or more i think

"gimme a bottle of bourbon and half a chicken and i'll conquer the world!"

Phanfare Profile Photo
Phanfare
#41re: HoW MAnY hAvE YoU SeEn?
Posted: 1/30/05 at 12:48pm

I'm up to about 40

Dracula 1/2~ I was born to love you and to need you and to let you go free...

Liam Profile Photo
Liam
#42re: HoW MAnY hAvE YoU SeEn?
Posted: 1/30/05 at 12:54pm

if wicked counts as 5 then 7

pab Profile Photo
pab
#43re: HoW MAnY hAvE YoU SeEn?
Posted: 1/30/05 at 1:04pm

I have no idea. I've been going to Broadway for over thirty years and I did not keep a running tally. So I'll just say a lot.

"Smart! And into all those exotic mystiques -- The Kama Sutra and Chinese techniques. I hear she knows more than seventy-five. Call me tomorrow if you're still alive!"

UsherMJD
#44re: HoW MAnY hAvE YoU SeEn?
Posted: 1/30/05 at 1:04pm

Ok people. . . are we counting regional theater as well???

I have unfortunatley lost track, I know that I have seen close to 80 DIFFERENT shows

The number of performances must be well over 100 for me, because I work at a touring theater stop and see everything more than once. (I've seen Mamma Mia and Phantom wayyyy too many times)

I have only seen 6 shows acctually ON Broadway.

FabalaCohen
#45re: HoW MAnY hAvE YoU SeEn?
Posted: 1/30/05 at 1:23pm

T'will be a grand total of 7 on Saturday (averages about one touring production per year).

"During this performance, please feel free to let your cell phones and pagers ring willy-nilly. However, do remember that there are heavily-armed knights on stage and you might well be dragged up and impaled." (Pre-curtain announcement at the new Broadway musical Monty Python's Spamalot)

Phantom Chicken Profile Photo
Phantom Chicken
#46re: HoW MAnY hAvE YoU SeEn?
Posted: 1/30/05 at 1:24pm

1,343...that doesn't count duplicates, though

"I think Harvey [Fierstein] wishes he were a black woman. I say he's the largest black woman in the show. I wish Harvey were straight, cuz I'd do him in a minute. I like big burly mother f***ers like him." ~Mary Bond Davis on Harvey Fierstein Thanks to Mistress @ spouzic.com

BEKA531
#47re: HoW MAnY hAvE YoU SeEn?
Posted: 1/30/05 at 1:32pm

i've never really counted. maybe 20?

(and if wicked counts as 5, then about 30)

Thesbijean
#48re: HoW MAnY hAvE YoU SeEn?
Posted: 1/30/05 at 1:55pm

God, from September to now, I have seen 13 different shows, and 16 altogether (saw three twice). For the past 5 years, I probably see 15 a year, and then prolly 4 a year before that, so, I'd say around 90 different shows, and about 100 altogether... Updated On: 1/30/05 at 01:55 PM

bentley
#49re: HoW MAnY hAvE YoU SeEn?
Posted: 1/30/05 at 1:59pm

45 that I remember but I am sure I have blocked out a few.

Thesbijean
#50re: HoW MAnY hAvE YoU SeEn?
Posted: 1/30/05 at 2:03pm

Oh, and I'm only 18... :)

Videos