pixeltracker

Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 24 American Idol- Page 2

Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 24 American Idol

FosseBoi
#25re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 24 American Idol
Posted: 2/17/05 at 4:40pm

I saw him in Atlanta, and he was AWSOME! His hair DID keep falling in his face when he was singing "Rent", but I was OK with that. I personably thought he was great for the part, because of how grungy(sp?) he looked. My mom and I met him after the show, he was VERY nice! I'm SOO going for him on AI!

"I've always secretly longed for an actress to get to the top of the cherry picker and projectile vomit all over the guards below."- Wonderwaiter in the "Defy Gravity?" thread. ~~~~~~~~My dream? Sutton Foster as Cassie in A Chorus Line

kangaroo Profile Photo
kangaroo
#26re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 24 American Idol
Posted: 2/17/05 at 5:17pm

I can't imagine he was that great of a Roger... but I still think it's cool that he was in Rent, so I'm rooting for him. But I'm also rooting for others, and I still think he should at least trim his hair.

NIL MAGNUM NISI BONUM "No greatness without goodness."

RENThead, enLIGHist, Ozalot, Grobanite, Ringer, Pickwick LW, Wicked, Lost, American Dreams, West Wing
Lea S. Hugh J. Adam P. Idina M. Matt M. Taye D.

ShuQ Profile Photo
ShuQ
#27re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 24 American Idol
Posted: 2/17/05 at 5:20pm

Well I am definitely rooting for him on American Idol but had no idea that he was in the tour of Rent! Actually..I was supposed to see him, but got stuck with Aaron Tveit who SUCKED SO bad...probably worse than Consantine. I wondered why they were keeping it on the DL that he was in Rent also. That's awesome though..I didn't think he was the theater type. I like him though..don't think he has what it takes to win. But Good Luck to Him! You can check out his website...http://www.prayforthesoulofbetty.com/

#28re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 24 American Idol
Posted: 2/17/05 at 5:44pm

I still think he is a cutie patootie. He can rock my BETTY anytime.

erinrebecca
#29re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 24 American Idol
Posted: 2/17/05 at 7:18pm

His Roger was weak, IMO. Rumor has it that he was fired from the tour so that may be why there's been no mention of it on air on AI. Also, that whole scene with his band badmouthing his decision was completely staged. He's still with the band. So yeah.

CheapColoredLights Profile Photo
CheapColoredLights
#30re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 24 American Idol
Posted: 2/17/05 at 7:46pm

I don't believe he was fired. That entire cast disappeared into oblivion. And I could see why. They were humiliating and probably had Jonathan rolling over in his grave, god bless his soul. Updated On: 2/17/05 at 07:46 PM

Mimi Imfurst
#31re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 24 American Idol
Posted: 2/17/05 at 8:18pm

never saw him in rent, but constantine was a fabulous hedwig. I'm glad he's on the show. I miss him- havent talked to him since last fall.

NYC's Most Retarded Drag Queen The Mimi Show: hosted by Mimi Imfurst features Broadway stars Tuesdays @ 10:30pm Weekly! June 13th: Hairspray's Michelle Dowdy, June 20th: Aida's Lori Ann Strunk, June 27th: Composer Katie Thompson No Cover- No Drink Minimum OW BAR: 221 E 58th Street (between 2nd and 3rd) www.owbar.com

erinrebecca
#32re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 24 American Idol
Posted: 2/17/05 at 8:20pm

He left abruptly in the middle of the tour and was replaced. He didn't disappear into oblivion.

CheapColoredLights Profile Photo
CheapColoredLights
#33re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 24 American Idol
Posted: 2/17/05 at 9:09pm

I heard he left due to health concerns. Well obviously not him but a good majority of the other members did.

jeremykushnier1fan Profile Photo
jeremykushnier1fan
#34re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 24 American Idol
Posted: 2/17/05 at 11:21pm

I am so glad to see someone from the Musical Theatre on national Tv, and everyone knows it to. Usually you see actors on tv that have performed in the musical theatre and you'd never know it!!

erinrebecca
#35re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 24 American Idol
Posted: 2/17/05 at 11:50pm

Well, I'm not sure anyone who isn't familiar with Rent knows that Constantine performed briefly in MT. They have not mentioned it on the show.

There are many actors who've performed in MT who are also on tv, and I think a lot of people know it. Just offhand I can think of, Kristin Chenoweth, Jesse L. Martin, Taye Diggs, Jason Alexander, Nathan Lane, Jerry Orbach, Bebe Neuwirth, Alan Thicke, John Lithgow, David Hyde Pearce, Hank Azaria, Jai Rodriguez, Randy Harrison. Yeah, there are a lot. :)

WhiteRabbit Profile Photo
WhiteRabbit
#36re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 24 American Idol
Posted: 2/18/05 at 12:28am

I saw him in Rent and he was a little over dramatic in the role. It was kinda bad.

I most definitely have issues with my word choices on this board.

mywonderwa11 Profile Photo
mywonderwa11
#37re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 24 American Idol
Posted: 2/18/05 at 2:17am

I saw him in the show last March in Houston and I thought he was absolutely dreadful. No offense, he seems like a nice guy on the show, but the whole time I was watching the show I just kept thinking to myself...why on earth was he cast as Roger? AND he played with his long hair the entire show, kept fixing it. He lacked the passion that I've seen in other Rogers...Jeremy...of course Adam. I was not impressed and I've seen 6 different Rogers. He was the worst.

"Somethin's comin', I don't know what it is but it is gonna be great!"

kaycee Profile Photo
kaycee
#38re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 24 American Idol
Posted: 2/18/05 at 2:39am

While I've never actually seen him in RENT I have heard YE and AD and I thought it was quite horrible as well. It was one of those 'pick a key and stay in it' disasters. But it's great to see him doing so well on American Idol.

the summer rain just brings us pain, Louison...

Greekmusicalfan Profile Photo
Greekmusicalfan
#39re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 24 American Idol
Posted: 2/18/05 at 9:45am

So, is he cute ? Any pictures ? I remember reading an article in a Greek magazine about a young gay Greek-American guy doing well on some overseas show, but I didn't pay attention and I sure don't remember if it's the same guy.

Take care

Adam Chris Profile Photo
Adam Chris
#40re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 24 American Idol
Posted: 2/18/05 at 10:25am

He doesn't strike me as gay...but then ?

not_that_girl Profile Photo
not_that_girl
#41re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 24 American Idol
Posted: 2/18/05 at 3:04pm

constantine has been a joke with me and my friends ever since we saw him in the tour. he was dreadful, and (i felt) stood out in a not so good cast minus a couple of people such as marcus, and the guy who played angel) as being the worst performer; in addition to being a terrible performer, he was extremely wierd at the stage door as well...dialing his phone, looking at us and started talking but like we were the person on the phone or something, then looked at his phone then walked away.

it'll be interesting to see what happens when he has to sing for more than about a minute in a half, 'cuz those of us who saw rent know that he can't do it! at least not in anything that resembles pitch...

Feathah Profile Photo
Feathah
#42re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 24 American Idol
Posted: 2/18/05 at 3:43pm

Wow! Okay I know I'm late to this thread but I didn't realize this Constantine guy was the non-equity Roger. And was he also a former Hedwig or was that a joke? So weird that he is on American Idol. They seem to really be avoiding the fact that he has this kind of experience.

"The theater is my life. I live it. I breathe it. I fondle it till it falls asleep." Jack (Will And Grace) http://feathah.blogspot.com

GirlfriendFromCanada
#43re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 24 American Idol
Posted: 2/18/05 at 4:41pm

Yeah, he was a former Hedwig. There's a pic of him in costume floating around somewhere. He actually mentioned possibly singing Hedwig at some Betty gigs, don't think it ever happened though.

Anyone familiar with Betty knows how different that music is from the musical theatre gigs he does. He really IS a rock star, and I saw a lot of actual rock star in his portrayal of Roger. I found a lot I liked about it, including how he sang. I've recently been finding that a lot of people expect a lot of things out of Roger and forget exactly where the character is, and what he has been going through the past six months. Constantine kind of matched things up well for me. But I'm in the minority, admittedly.

cathyhyatt
#44re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 24 American Idol
Posted: 2/18/05 at 8:00pm

I saw him on the tour...I knew he looked familiar on american idol and I just looked at my playbill and sure enough I saw him on the tour. I dunno how great he was cuz I honestly don't really remember his performance...I was more impressed with the guy that played Mark(Brian Gligor)...I remember I really liked him cause I looked up his site and such...
wow, thats something...he was in a national tour and now he wants to be an american idol..why??? wouldn't he go for broadway?

"You won't fight without layers of armor Suit on up and come brace my sword You look back when the pieces are missing Hollowed out hope that no time can restore."

TGIF Profile Photo
TGIF
#45re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 24 American Idol
Posted: 2/18/05 at 10:12pm

"Sure, Taye Diggs and Jesse Martin may be known, but they are a rare special case."

Because they are known for their jobs in movie/TV.

I want to write music. I want to sit down right now at my piano and write a song that people will listen to and remember and do the same thing every morning...for the rest of my life. - Jonathan Larson. Tick, Tick...BOOM!

MouseInfo
#46re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 24 American Idol
Posted: 2/18/05 at 11:20pm

I also saw Constantine. I thought he was not a good match for Rodger at all...I liked his voice but, hated him in the role. The entire cast was pretty weak from what I remembered. I left wanting my money back.

On a side note...I am really enjoying Constantine on the show and excited that there seem to be several decent males and females this year.

erinrebecca
#47re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 24 American Idol
Posted: 2/19/05 at 10:19am

He didn't ditch MT as much as MT ditched him. re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 24 American Idol In any case, I doubt he'll last long on AI once the head to head competition begins. He's just not that good.

ChristineDaae Profile Photo
ChristineDaae
#48re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 24 American Idol
Posted: 2/19/05 at 4:34pm

How can he be in Rent and still have gone through with American Idol? I thought the contestants weren't allowed to have any training?

"Life will be frozen peaches and cream. Baby, dream Your Dream" ~ SC

jjdude2000
#49re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 24 American Idol
Posted: 2/19/05 at 4:42pm

I think that they are just not allowed to have representation.

Grace: I just gave a quarter to a homeless man. I think it was Johnny Depp.

Videos