News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Carolee Carmello appreciation thread!!!- Page 2

Carolee Carmello appreciation thread!!!

wickedwitchofthechest
#25re: Carolee Carmello appreciation thread!!!
Posted: 4/19/05 at 5:07pm

Carolee Carmello was one of my first Broadway heroes! I bought the cast recordings of John & Jen and Parade just to hear her voice (glad I did, too). Love her, love her, love her!

"Wilkins, after all these years, are you trying to be funny?"

InfiniteTheaterFrenzy Profile Photo
InfiniteTheaterFrenzy
#26re: Carolee Carmello appreciation thread!!!
Posted: 4/19/05 at 5:08pm

I love Carolee!!!! She is absolutely one of my favorite actresses of all time. I have gone back and forth on whether or not to see Mamma Mia just for her SO many times... I adore everything she ever touches.

[title of show] on Broadway. it's time. believe.

BWayBoy88
#27re: Carolee Carmello appreciation thread!!!
Posted: 4/19/05 at 5:08pm

I dont think its rude to go to the stage door if you havent seen the show. Whats rude about these Wicked fans is when they go to the stage door before the show.

redhotinnyc2 Profile Photo
redhotinnyc2
#28re: Carolee Carmello appreciation thread!!!
Posted: 4/19/05 at 5:09pm

Oh Lord, I love Carolee Carmello - she is perhaps the finest triple threat on Broadway. Her voice can do absolutely anything - and she's such a wonderful actress that she can take a piece of sh*t script (Pimpernell, anyone?) and actually make it make sense. I love her work so much. She deserves a Tony!

"I don't really get the ending,all i can go with is when after several months,Judith saw Pat sang,and later she kissed him on the toilet,after that the story back to where Pat went down from the stage after he'd sung,and he went to the italian lady.I just don't get it,what Judith exatcly meant when he kissed Pat that she had seen,and did Pat end up together with The Italian Lady?Please help me,thank u very much!" Quote from someone on IMDB in reference to a movie he/she didn't understand. Such grammar!

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#29re: Carolee Carmello appreciation thread!!!
Posted: 4/19/05 at 5:11pm

She needs to originate another Broadway role, she's kind of become the replacement queen. She'd be a great Babe in that Pajama Game revival.

melissa errico fan Profile Photo
melissa errico fan
#30re: Carolee Carmello appreciation thread!!!
Posted: 4/19/05 at 5:12pm

To this day, I cannot believe that she lost the Tony to Bernadette, who was miscast and misdirected in ANNIE GET YOUR GUN.

GovernorSlaton Profile Photo
GovernorSlaton
#31re: Carolee Carmello appreciation thread!!!
Posted: 4/19/05 at 5:16pm

Her "There Won't Be Trumpets" and "Move On" (with Edelman) are fantastic.

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#32re: Carolee Carmello appreciation thread!!!
Posted: 4/19/05 at 5:17pm

Don't even get me started! What is it with Tony voters and their
inability to vote for a show that is a bit more abstract that most shows but completely original? (Wild Party, Parade, Caroline, and I’m sure, Piazza)

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#33re: Carolee Carmello appreciation thread!!!
Posted: 4/19/05 at 5:19pm

Governor,
When/Where did she do Move on and Trumpets?

BwayLover Profile Photo
BwayLover
#34re: Carolee Carmello appreciation thread!!!
Posted: 4/19/05 at 5:22pm

Governor, you are so right! I almost melted when she performed those two songs during "Wall To Wall" (and she looked terrific, too). What a thrill to see her live!

"Years from now, when you talk about this - And you will - Be kind. "

GovernorSlaton Profile Photo
GovernorSlaton
#35re: Carolee Carmello appreciation thread!!!
Posted: 4/19/05 at 5:23pm

Right, at Wall to Wall Sondheim.

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#36re: Carolee Carmello appreciation thread!!!
Posted: 4/19/05 at 5:25pm

I had the absolute pleasure of working with her on a benefit in LA a few years ago. I had no idea who she was when we started production, but she was one of the sweetest and most beautiful performers I’ve ever worked with. And then when she walked out on to the stage and sang “Night and Day” (Brilliantly arranged by one of musical theatre’s treasures, Ron Able) she completely blew me out of the water. I love listening to the recording and hearing the audience just BURST into screaming applause when she finishes.

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

ikmbway
#37re: Carolee Carmello appreciation thread!!!
Posted: 4/19/05 at 5:59pm

She has an awesome voice. I saw her in Mamma Mia. Also her daughter has the same name as me!!!

justme2 Profile Photo
justme2
#38re: Carolee Carmello appreciation thread!!!
Posted: 4/20/05 at 12:38am

I Love Carolee Carmello as well! Truly a Broadway gypsy with talent to spare. I remember reading a wonderful interview with her in ShowMusic Magazine a few years back...I think she may have been doing either Scarlet or john and jen at the time. I'll have to dig that issue out of my archives now!

My favorite is The Scarlet Pimpernel. She was fanastic! I have her Parade CD and I'd love to know if she has a CD of her own. Anyone know of one?

"My dreams, watching me said, one to the other...this life has let us down."

centerstage01 Profile Photo
centerstage01
#39re: Carolee Carmello appreciation thread!!!
Posted: 4/20/05 at 1:13am

I became a huge fan of Carolee's when she was on "Remember WENN" and on my first visit to NYC, she was in 'Kiss Me, Kate' and I told a friend that I HAD to go see that if I saw any show at all. Carolee so did not disappoint. Didn't get to meet her at the stage door because it was a matinee and she'd only been in the role a few weeks (she'd also just had her son a few months before) so she was resting and didn't come outside. I was a little bummed, but I was still giddy over seeing my very first, honest-to-goodness Broadway show, that I probably would have gone into overdrive if I had met her. Needless to say, I have a lot of the CD's that she's been a part of, and if I ever make it back to NYC and she's in a show at that time, you can bet I'll be in the audience!

"What might have been/can live again/I'll meet you then/if you'll remember when...." --Rupert Holmes

justme2 Profile Photo
justme2
#40re: Carolee Carmello appreciation thread!!!
Posted: 4/20/05 at 1:19am

I totally forgot Remember WENN...I loved that show! AMC went down the tubes around the same time they cancelled that show. She was great as Maple LaMarsh!

"My dreams, watching me said, one to the other...this life has let us down."

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#41re: Carolee Carmello appreciation thread!!!
Posted: 4/20/05 at 1:05pm

Carolee has yet to record a solo cd. One can hope though, that this will eventually happen...

redhotinnyc2 Profile Photo
redhotinnyc2
#42re: Carolee Carmello appreciation thread!!!
Posted: 4/20/05 at 3:05pm

Her "I Hate Men" in Kiss Me Kate brought the house down - the woman is a powerhouse of talent - just brilliant!

"I don't really get the ending,all i can go with is when after several months,Judith saw Pat sang,and later she kissed him on the toilet,after that the story back to where Pat went down from the stage after he'd sung,and he went to the italian lady.I just don't get it,what Judith exatcly meant when he kissed Pat that she had seen,and did Pat end up together with The Italian Lady?Please help me,thank u very much!" Quote from someone on IMDB in reference to a movie he/she didn't understand. Such grammar!

magruder Profile Photo
magruder
#43re: Carolee Carmello appreciation thread!!!
Posted: 4/20/05 at 3:46pm

What, no mention yet of her astounding vocal performance of "Privilege to Pee," coupled with one of the funniest pratfalls I've ever seen on stage, and her hilarious abuse of a handkerchief in Urinetown?

"Gif me the cobra jool!"

melissa errico fan
#44re: Carolee Carmello appreciation thread!!!
Posted: 4/20/05 at 3:53pm

I actually thought that Carolee was better than Nancy Opel.

I also noticed that we have yet to mention her great performance as Lucy in the Off-Broadway production of A CLASS ACT. Her "Broadway Boogie Woogie" was terrifically infectious. Too bad she didn't take the role to Broadway.

magruder Profile Photo
magruder
#45re: Carolee Carmello appreciation thread!!!
Posted: 4/20/05 at 4:03pm

Yeah, but that song was stinko.

"Gif me the cobra jool!"

melissa errico fan
#46re: Carolee Carmello appreciation thread!!!
Posted: 4/20/05 at 4:06pm

True. I saw it once again after it moved to Broadway, and Donna Bullock couldn't hold a candle to her. Most of the songs in A CLASS ACT are pretty ackward. Then again, there are several lovely tunes ("The Next Best Thing to Love", "One More Beautiful Song", "Under Separate Covers").

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#47re: Carolee Carmello appreciation thread!!!
Posted: 4/20/05 at 4:10pm

Why didn't she repeat her duties on Broadway? WAs that around the time she had her baby?

melissa errico fan
#48re: Carolee Carmello appreciation thread!!!
Posted: 4/20/05 at 4:16pm

I believe, but am not 100% sure, that it was due to pregnancy. Then again, she performed in "john & jen" while she was pregnant with her first child.

magruder Profile Photo
magruder
#49re: Carolee Carmello appreciation thread!!!
Posted: 4/20/05 at 4:18pm

Yes, she finished the run Off-Broadway while she was very pregnant.

"Gif me the cobra jool!"

Videos