pixeltracker

Odd Featured Actress Tony Nominees- Page 2

Odd Featured Actress Tony Nominees

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#25re: Odd Featured Actress Tony Nominees
Posted: 5/5/05 at 7:43pm

Celia was the best person in BEE. She better get a nod.

Benzy92 Profile Photo
Benzy92
#26re: Odd Featured Actress Tony Nominees
Posted: 5/5/05 at 7:51pm

The nominees are looking to be:

Sara Ramirez, Spamalot
Kelli O'Hara, Light in the Piazza
Maureen McGovern, Little Women
Jan Maxwell, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
Joanna Gleason, Dirty Rotten Scoundrels

If I had to put money on it, those would be the five nominees.. HOWEVER, Celia is incredible in Bee and might get a nod, even though all the reviews focused on the incredible ensemble, not individual performers mostly. Eden Espinosa or Ramona Keller have a slight chance at a wildcard nod, as does Megan McGinnis. Why do I have a feeling that the scene stealing Sara Gettlfinger deserves a nomination over Joanna Gleason?!

Every year in the Featured Actor or Actress categories, the committee throws in a wildcard that everyone goes WHAT?!? about.. last year it was Beth Fowler in Boy From Oz.. who will get cheated out of a nomination that everyone thinks is a "sure" bet.. time will tell! Updated On: 5/5/05 at 07:51 PM

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#27re: Odd Featured Actress Tony Nominees
Posted: 5/5/05 at 7:58pm

I think it will be:
Celia- Bee
Kelli- TLITP
Maureen-LW
Sara- Spam

and for me, the last slots open to any of the following:
-Eden-BKLYN
-Ramona-BKLYN
-Megan (McGinnis)-LW
-Jan Maxwell-CCBB
-Sara UB-TLITP
-Sara-DRS
and maybe even Jenny Powers for LW? She was very good but I still doubt she'd get a nod but ya never know.

BWayBoy88
#28re: Odd Featured Actress Tony Nominees
Posted: 5/5/05 at 8:10pm

There is so much talent this year in the featured actress category. I really have no clue who is going to be nominated, and I'm even more clueless one who will win. Every actress has something special and different about each of their performances

little_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
#29re: Odd Featured Actress Tony Nominees
Posted: 5/5/05 at 8:43pm

I hope it goes to Kelli. Or Celia. Sara just didn't impress me.

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.

WayWicked
#30re: Odd Featured Actress Tony Nominees
Posted: 5/5/05 at 11:10pm

Kelli's performance had depth and emotion. Comedy is hard, but what Ms. Ramirez is given to work with doesn't scream amazing.

Happy Happy Joy Joy

BwayBaby18 Profile Photo
BwayBaby18
#31re: Odd Featured Actress Tony Nominees
Posted: 5/5/05 at 11:40pm

I want one of the Charity girls to get ....prefferably LaManna

joeybiltmore1
#32re: Odd Featured Actress Tony Nominees
Posted: 5/5/05 at 11:49pm

If it were up to me I'd nominate:

Bolger
Maxwell
O'Hara
Ramirez
Uriarte-Berry

But I'm betting it will be:

Gleason
Maxwell
McGovern
O'Hara
Ramirez

I think Ramirez will win.

Mr.  Tuttle Profile Photo
Mr. Tuttle
#33re: Odd Featured Actress Tony Nominees
Posted: 5/6/05 at 3:37am

I think McGovern is a wild card. Sure, it's the "Beth Fowler" nomination catagory, but the show is bye bye. But she is doing the tour.

In a lesser year McGovern would get nominated automatically.

This aint one of those years.

Ignorance is temporary. Stupidity last forever. Watch out BWW... HE'S BACK.

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#34re: Odd Featured Actress Tony Nominees
Posted: 5/6/05 at 3:40am

This is also a year where the actual awards are equally about them getting people to watch them on TV. With certain people nominated, they can probably bet on more people WATCHING those awards, which is why I'll bet that John C. Reilly and Denzel Washington will be nominated - the committe won't pass up the opportunity to nominate 2 big movie stars for an otherwise humble award ceremony. Although McGovern isn't a super star, she has enough of the following to get more people to watch the awards - which is why she'll be nominated.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

MagicToDo82 Profile Photo
MagicToDo82
#35re: Odd Featured Actress Tony Nominees
Posted: 5/6/05 at 4:11pm

Sara all the way.

There's always room for pathos - and jazz hands.

Benzy92 Profile Photo
Benzy92
#36re: Odd Featured Actress Tony Nominees
Posted: 5/6/05 at 4:18pm

Mr. Tuttle, I respectively disagree about McGovern.. she got praised in almost every review, some saying she was the only good part about the show. She is guarenteed with a nomination, not only for her work in Little Women, but because she is well know. Who do you think would take her place?

I'm really hoping for Celia as a wildcard.. shes incredible in BEE.

BWayBoy88
#37re: Odd Featured Actress Tony Nominees
Posted: 5/6/05 at 6:46pm

Last year a lot of people thought that Ann Harada was a shoe in for the Tony, and then she wasn't even nominated. I have a feeling that this category is going to be a big surprise.

Plum
#38re: Odd Featured Actress Tony Nominees
Posted: 5/6/05 at 6:48pm

The Ann Harada thing was bizarre- she absolutely deserved a nomination. The Tony nominators showed pretty good sense in the other categories last year, so hopefully this year they'll improve slightly on that trend and not screw up Supporting Actress either.
Updated On: 5/6/05 at 06:48 PM

Chitty Profile Photo
Chitty
#39re: Odd Featured Actress Tony Nominees
Posted: 5/6/05 at 9:50pm

It's a packed year in this catagory. Anyone could be left out. But I think O'Hara and Ramirez are locks.

shira467 Profile Photo
shira467
#40re: Odd Featured Actress Tony Nominees
Posted: 5/6/05 at 10:10pm

For those who have seen Spamalot, I have a question, asked with all sincerity.

Does Sara Ramirez really ACT in Spamalot? Or is she just an incredible voice and body put together with some camp and satire?

Deet: Shira, I Love You!

futurewinnerbud
#41re: Odd Featured Actress Tony Nominees
Posted: 5/6/05 at 10:11pm

I'm gonna get killed for this...

Eden Espinosa, BKLYN
Sara Ramirez, SPAMALOT
Maureen McGovern, LITTLE WOMEN
Joanna Gleason, DIRTY ROTTEN SCOUNDRELS
Kelli O'Hara, LIGHT IN THE PIAZZA

Spelling Bee will get a special award for ensemble performance (Like the people on the "line" all got in A Chorus Line in the 70's). Other than maybe supporting actor nomination (another tight category), it'll get SNUBBED in the acting.

My theory is that O'hara will get it becuase of the dramatic beef in her role, McGovern cause... she was good, Gleason as well, Ramirez is the frontrunner, and Espinosa... well, this is my thought about Espinosa. Anyoen that says she's not good... I dare you to belt that high note, and go though that score. Its not incredible, but its vocally an amazing performance. Her acting isnt bad either. And for being that young... c'mon... she'll get a nomination. Especially since (I guess) she's in the featured category.

Plum
#42re: Odd Featured Actress Tony Nominees
Posted: 5/6/05 at 10:14pm

Uh, I'm pretty sure individuals from A Chorus Line got Tonys. Donna McKechnie, anyone? Kelly Bishop, too. And Sammy Williams. But other than that, no individual actor awards. re: Odd Featured Actress Tony Nominees

And isn't Espinosa up for Leading Actress? BTW, last time I checked, "Best Actress" didn't mean "Best High Belter." But hey, that's just my crazy point of view.

Updated On: 5/6/05 at 10:14 PM

leomaxfrank Profile Photo
leomaxfrank
#43re: Odd Featured Actress Tony Nominees
Posted: 5/6/05 at 10:41pm

cheers Plum.

yeah I would find it odd if Espinoza was nominated for Featured.
Has that been finalized?

But I won't live alone in a house of regret.

Plum
#44re: Odd Featured Actress Tony Nominees
Posted: 5/6/05 at 10:54pm

I'm pretty sure the final determinations about eligibility have been made. Glengarry, Glen Ross is making an appeal about Alan Alda being Supporting, but that's it as far as I remember.

GovernorSlaton Profile Photo
GovernorSlaton
#45re: Odd Featured Actress Tony Nominees
Posted: 5/6/05 at 10:59pm

I thought one of the rulings said that all of the Brooklyn cast members would be eligible in the Supporting categories, including Espinosa.

Plum
#46re: Odd Featured Actress Tony Nominees
Posted: 5/6/05 at 11:05pm

None of the eligibility press releases mentioned Espinosa as far as I can see, which means it all depends on billing. Is she above the title, or is everyone below?

leomaxfrank
#47re: Odd Featured Actress Tony Nominees
Posted: 5/6/05 at 11:13pm

This is interesting indeed. If Espinoza is in the Featured category - I could see people voting for her as well (though I certainly wouldn't). A very tight category!

Plum
#48re: Odd Featured Actress Tony Nominees
Posted: 5/6/05 at 11:15pm

No way. Her reviews just weren't there- Ramona Keller was the standout cast member of that show if there was one.

leomaxfrank
#49re: Odd Featured Actress Tony Nominees
Posted: 5/6/05 at 11:19pm

I know what you mean - and Ramona Keller is totally amazing, but I feel like she may anyway. But hopefully you're right.

Videos