pixeltracker

REAL RENT TRAILER--NOT THE CRAPPY OTHER ONE!- Page 2

REAL RENT TRAILER--NOT THE CRAPPY OTHER ONE!

dancersmom2 Profile Photo
dancersmom2
#25re: REAL RENT TRAILER--NOT THE CRAPPY OTHER ONE!
Posted: 6/2/05 at 1:26pm

Okay, my kids think I have lost my mind as I sit in front of my computer applauding. I can't wait to see more.

Jamie Pierce Profile Photo
Jamie Pierce
#26re: REAL RENT TRAILER--NOT THE CRAPPY OTHER ONE!
Posted: 6/2/05 at 1:30pm

I can't tell from the trailer: is the movie a period piece or is it set in today?

Qfan2.0 Profile Photo
Qfan2.0
#27re: REAL RENT TRAILER--NOT THE CRAPPY OTHER ONE!
Posted: 6/2/05 at 1:32pm

that was beautiful

TheGaIsSilent Profile Photo
TheGaIsSilent
#28re: REAL RENT TRAILER--NOT THE CRAPPY OTHER ONE!
Posted: 6/2/05 at 1:33pm

J52, it's set in the late 80s.

Guh, it's beautiful. Absolutely breathatking. I literally gasped at some of the images.

JOHN LITHGOW I just realized, your last name is Butz! Both "Norbert" AND "Butz" are in your name! You must have gotten picked on a lot as a child!

benjamingullett Profile Photo
benjamingullett
#29re: REAL RENT TRAILER--NOT THE CRAPPY OTHER ONE!
Posted: 6/2/05 at 1:35pm

I LOVE IT, I LOVE IT, I LOVE IT.

And only 232,500 minutes until it comes out!!! (give or take a few mintues based on the time when you're reading this of course)

Go see JACOB MARLEY'S CHRISTMAS CAROL this December 19 - 20 at The Colony Theater in Hillsboro, Ohio. For more information visit: http://www.jacobmarley.net

jrb_actor Profile Photo
jrb_actor
#30re: REAL RENT TRAILER--NOT THE CRAPPY OTHER ONE!
Posted: 6/2/05 at 1:37pm

I think it looks gorgeous. And from a marketing perspective, they can't have it look all glum. Besides, there ARE fun, happy, hopeful moments in the musical.

I think it's going to be a huge success!

bronxboundexpress Profile Photo
bronxboundexpress
#31re: REAL RENT TRAILER--NOT THE CRAPPY OTHER ONE!
Posted: 6/2/05 at 1:38pm

I also think the trailer looks like the preview for the upcoming teen urban drama on the WB. I don't really like the trailer that mich. I don't know if this is going to work as a movie musical. I can't picture these poeple yelling all these notes out when the camera is right there in their faces. I don't know. I sill don't know how i feel about the idea of the people from the show being in the movie. It seems kind of gimicky and I don't want ti be reminded of the show. I want this to be a completely cinematic entity of its own not associated with anything thats done on stage.

bronxboundexpress Profile Photo
bronxboundexpress
#32re: REAL RENT TRAILER--NOT THE CRAPPY OTHER ONE!
Posted: 6/2/05 at 1:39pm

I thought the movie took place in the mid 90s. Does it not?

FabalaYero85
#33re: REAL RENT TRAILER--NOT THE CRAPPY OTHER ONE!
Posted: 6/2/05 at 1:43pm

Oh man its beautiful...now 5 months for the full film is way too long

The musical was written in a span from the late 80's and early 90's but it takes place in the late 80's because of some of the references of AZT and other things

hmm...

Thenardier Profile Photo
Thenardier
#34re: REAL RENT TRAILER--NOT THE CRAPPY OTHER ONE!
Posted: 6/2/05 at 1:45pm

I think it will be a beautiful movie.

Over the Moon looks great.

Is that Tracie Thomms as the SOL soloist?

(I know, I'm slow)

jaded_october Profile Photo
jaded_october
#35re: REAL RENT TRAILER--NOT THE CRAPPY OTHER ONE!
Posted: 6/2/05 at 1:46pm

THANK YOU!!

did anyone else cry?

-annie http://www.livejournal.com/users/jadedoctober http://www.myspace.com/jadedoctober

kim1061 Profile Photo
kim1061
#36re: REAL RENT TRAILER--NOT THE CRAPPY OTHER ONE!

ugh, it is so beautiful and so powerful. I have no words. This movie is going to be so amazing. The storyline..ugh..no words.

A dancer might dream to see her name in lights and mean it, but all she really dreams is to make someone else feel the way she did when she first saw a dancer. And that is so beautiful-Anonymous

jaded_october Profile Photo
jaded_october
#37re: REAL RENT TRAILER--NOT THE CRAPPY OTHER ONE!

and yes, it is tracie

-annie http://www.livejournal.com/users/jadedoctober http://www.myspace.com/jadedoctober

randy_girl
#38re: REAL RENT TRAILER--NOT THE CRAPPY OTHER ONE!
Posted: 6/2/05 at 1:47pm

who's the guy singing on stage to the girl in the audience? is that a flashback roger/april scene with adam having short hair? if that's not what it is, i have no clue.
and did you see the scene of wilson taking off his (her) wig? heartbreaking. i have goosebumps.

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#39re: REAL RENT TRAILER--NOT THE CRAPPY OTHER ONE!
Posted: 6/2/05 at 1:48pm

I prefer the "other" one. It was more dark. Even though we didn't see everything - the audio was better (more surround sound and echoy) and the color was brilliant.

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

littlemermaid9
#40re: REAL RENT TRAILER--NOT THE CRAPPY OTHER ONE!
Posted: 6/2/05 at 1:53pm

hey capnhook, I'm sorry, totally didn't mean to offend by calling the bootleg crappy (and I called it the "other" because the last blog got locked down for talking about bootlegs, so i thought tha word may not be a great choice for the topid heading), I just read a bunch of people complaining about the bootleg so i thought people would wanna know this one was out there...

Ourtime992 Profile Photo
Ourtime992
#41re: REAL RENT TRAILER--NOT THE CRAPPY OTHER ONE!
Posted: 6/2/05 at 1:54pm

I saw the show in 96 while it was still in previews. Hype was building around Larson's death and the Broadway transfer, and being a fan of rock/pop shows generally I was so excited. The first 20 minutes of the show -- before the Pulitzer, before the Tony, and I didn't know what to expect -- were some of the most thrilling I've ever spent in a theater.

And then it sort of pittered out for me. The real killer -- Seasons of Love. The song owes a huge debt to T.S. Elliot's "Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock" and is a sugar-coated anthem that I feel is musically out of sync with the rest of the show, regardless of its theme. Worse still, it became everyone's anthem overnight. I must have heard a hundred show choirs and singing groups do it in the first few years after it opened.

Which brings me to this trailer. I'm still excited for the movie, though less than most of you. And the reason my excitement is dying once again is that same stupid song.

Jonathan Larson wrote some great riffs for the title song. I'd really like to hear them in the full trailer.

Michael Bennett Profile Photo
Michael Bennett
#42re: REAL RENT TRAILER--NOT THE CRAPPY OTHER ONE!
Posted: 6/2/05 at 1:55pm

Well of course the other trailer was grittier and darker -- it was bootlegged from someone's lap in a cineplex...
Updated On: 6/2/05 at 01:55 PM

camerangel Profile Photo
camerangel
#43re: REAL RENT TRAILER--NOT THE CRAPPY OTHER ONE!
Posted: 6/2/05 at 1:56pm

Randy_girl Yes that is a roger/April flashback..

and yes Jaded, I so teared up.. I can't wait..

"All work and no smut makes Cammy lose her edge." ~DG

"Someday I'm going to have a baby and I'm gonna name her L'il Mimi Marquez and I and will sing to her every day and when she's a toddler I will say "L'il Mimi Marquez, clad only in a bubble diaper, will perform her famous play pen handcuff dance to the sounds of breast milk being pumped!" ~Kringas

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#44re: REAL RENT TRAILER--NOT THE CRAPPY OTHER ONE!
Posted: 6/2/05 at 1:58pm

littlemermaid - I wasn't arguing with you. Simply stating that I liked the "other" one better.

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

bdwaygirl Profile Photo
bdwaygirl
#45re: REAL RENT TRAILER--NOT THE CRAPPY OTHER ONE!
Posted: 6/2/05 at 2:03pm

5 months. :::sigh:::

I hung out with Cheyenne Jackson in his dressing room waayyyyyy before he tickled D2.

"unleash the girly"

Our fingerprints don't fade from the lives we touch.

Puppies are babies in fur coats.

Tinfoil...The Terrorizing Terminator

Speed
#46re: REAL RENT TRAILER--NOT THE CRAPPY OTHER ONE!
Posted: 6/2/05 at 2:03pm

RENT is an uplifting story about love. I don't think there's anything dark and gritty about it. Yes, characters have AIDS. Yes, a character dies. But the show is about the love that gets these friends through it. There's nothing cynical about the piece. It's rather cheery. And yes, light and fluffy. In a good way.

I think the trailer looks great. Can't wait to see the film.

HeyMrMusic Profile Photo
HeyMrMusic
#47re: REAL RENT TRAILER--NOT THE CRAPPY OTHER ONE!
Posted: 6/2/05 at 2:04pm

Ah, fantastic.

Is it just me or did they add some organ riffs?

Can't wait to see more.
Give me trailers, give me anything!
Gah!!!

~Steven

Speed
#48re: REAL RENT TRAILER--NOT THE CRAPPY OTHER ONE!
Posted: 6/2/05 at 2:10pm

watched trailer again.

man... if the acting is good (i.e. if their performances play translate well for the big screen), then i think this has a great chance at winning Best Picture.

the academy is impressed by musicals, having nominated BATB and Chicago; the score is good and the story is touching. this has a chance

FabalaYero85
#49re: REAL RENT TRAILER--NOT THE CRAPPY OTHER ONE!
Posted: 6/2/05 at 2:16pm

the trailer is up on comingsoon.net

well the link to the same site...

hmm...
Updated On: 6/2/05 at 02:16 PM

Videos