pixeltracker

Victoria Clark Sounds like Donald Duck Performing Opera...- Page 2

Victoria Clark Sounds like Donald Duck Performing Opera...

YankeesFan175
#25re: Victoria Clark Sounds like Donald Duck Performing Opera...
Posted: 8/24/05 at 11:36am

yeah i dislike it when people do that, too. i can admit im a horrible singer!

Bob: "there is a chance, albeit a microscopic one, that our baby at some point in his or her formative years will get lodged in a tree" ~Related~

TheActr97J Profile Photo
TheActr97J
#26re: Victoria Clark Sounds like Donald Duck Performing Opera...
Posted: 8/24/05 at 12:27pm

Wow... those people are vulgar! And they say we are immature! lol

Oh... my favorite guote from that page:

And to the Broadway World folks -- Get a ****ing life.

lol... someday. re: Victoria Clark  Sounds like Donald Duck Performing Opera...

"I seem to have wandered into the BRAIN load-out thread... "
-best12bars

"Sorry I am a Theatre major not a English Major"
-skibumb5290

My Fair Lady Profile Photo
My Fair Lady
#27re: Victoria Clark Sounds like Donald Duck Performing Opera...
Posted: 8/24/05 at 12:54pm

About Evan....the mods have tried banning him several times. He just keeps coming back.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#28re: Victoria Clark Sounds like Donald Duck Performing Opera...
Posted: 8/24/05 at 1:09pm

Yeah and now they don't care what he does. He makes posts "f*ck this f*ggot." and the mods just keep it. It's horrible.

I've lost so much respect for that board.

flaemmchen Profile Photo
flaemmchen
#29re: Victoria Clark Sounds like Donald Duck Performing Opera...
Posted: 8/24/05 at 1:38pm

First I saw the headline of this post, and my heart stopped, then I read the post on the m.net board and died a little. What a bugger.

*blasts Fable to make herself feel better*

"Peace! The charm's wound up." --Macbeth

LittleFish8386 Profile Photo
LittleFish8386
#30re: Victoria Clark Sounds like Donald Duck Performing Opera...
Posted: 8/24/05 at 1:42pm

the title of this thread made my laugh out loud just now. the stupid things people say.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#31re: Victoria Clark Sounds like Donald Duck Performing Opera...
Posted: 8/24/05 at 2:23pm

LOL. They're talking about us again.

Their moderators are such bullsh*tters. They have kept so many vulgar, rude, insulting, posts on that board. That many members found offensive. And people questioned why they wouldn't even delete them, they would just let these offensive posts sit there. BWW takes pride that we are a family board, and the mods here wont allow offensive posts or images that children might who view this site might see. That board dosen't give a crap.

This just makes me even more greatful that Rob & Craig are so amazing at running this board.
Updated On: 8/24/05 at 02:23 PM

Effie1
#32re: Victoria Clark Sounds like Donald Duck Performing Opera...
Posted: 8/24/05 at 2:52pm

Alright - I'll agree that this Evan person is not the most eloquent fellow - but I do find it amusing that people on this board jump all over anyone who doesn't like Piazza.

I for one, saw it in Chicago and thought it was an unbelievable bore. Frankly, I think the score meanders too much, the story is plain silly, and the book could be much tighter. (though I will agree that Victoria Clark is absolutely astounding in the role of Margaret).

My point being - I get the feeling that many of you are jumping on Evan more for his dislike of this show than for the fact that he writes like, well, a troubled high-schooler.

PerforMeg Profile Photo
PerforMeg
#33re: Victoria Clark Sounds like Donald Duck Performing Opera...
Posted: 8/24/05 at 3:03pm

I think the biggest issue people have with that little review is that it was not at all constructive, it was just insulting and harsh. A worthwhile opinion is reflected when the person who has it can say what they would do differently or change to make it better, not just when someone rips into everything.

That was my beef with it.

Effie1
#34re: Victoria Clark Sounds like Donald Duck Performing Opera...
Posted: 8/24/05 at 3:12pm

I agree with you - however, I've seen plenty of well thought out reviews that were negative about Piazza and let's face it - MANY Piazza fans are brutal.

I once mentioned that I disliked the show and gave reasons (good ones) and I was called 'stupid'. It's frustrating.

Phantom05 Profile Photo
Phantom05
#35re: Victoria Clark Sounds like Donald Duck Performing Opera...
Posted: 8/24/05 at 3:16pm

I love Victoria Clark as a performer and a person, but you must admit that at first glance this title can give you quite a laugh, hehehe...Oops, sorry! Anyhoo, I'll go read the article now and report back, lol.

See Ya!

Phantom05

------- "We Drink Your Blood And Then We Eat Your Soul, Nothings Gonna Stop Us Let The Bad Times Roll" -------"Past The Point Of No Return, No Backward Glances, Abandon Thought And Let The Dream Begin"

kangaroo Profile Photo
kangaroo
#36re: Victoria Clark Sounds like Donald Duck Performing Opera...
Posted: 8/24/05 at 5:34pm

I can understand if you have real reasons of why you didn't like Piazza. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but the matter that this "Evan" did it is disrespectful and rude. I didn't appreciate having to read so many negative comments in a disorderly fashion from this one guy. I will admit... I am probably one of the Piazza fans that will jump on you if you dislike the show greatly, but I wouldn't go as far as to call someone [especially someone much more talented than me] something so distasteful.

~kangaroo

NIL MAGNUM NISI BONUM "No greatness without goodness."

RENThead, enLIGHist, Ozalot, Grobanite, Ringer, Pickwick LW, Wicked, Lost, American Dreams, West Wing
Lea S. Hugh J. Adam P. Idina M. Matt M. Taye D.

Updated On: 8/24/05 at 05:34 PM

Effie1
#37re: Victoria Clark Sounds like Donald Duck Performing Opera...
Posted: 8/24/05 at 5:51pm

I understand - however, why take it so personally? I mean, someone actually took the time to pull this from another message board and discuss it here. that's just ridiculous.

There are always going to be rude people out there - I'm sure Vicki Clark isn't losing sleep over Evan's childish comments.

My point is that Piazza fans take EVERYTHING as some sort of personal attack. At the end of the day folks, it is indeed, just a show. And in my opinion, not a very good one.

YankeesFan175
#38re: Victoria Clark Sounds like Donald Duck Performing Opera...
Posted: 8/24/05 at 6:06pm

I agree with kangaroo, people are entitled to their own opinions. As long as people give their opinion in a respectful way, I have no problem with it. but when people say it in a rude way that doesnt give opinions other than "she sings like donald duck", thats when i have a problem. i was more offended by the review itself than their dislike of the show. people who give their opinions in a respectable way dont bother me, even if i disagree.

Bob: "there is a chance, albeit a microscopic one, that our baby at some point in his or her formative years will get lodged in a tree" ~Related~

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#39re: Victoria Clark Sounds like Donald Duck Performing Opera...
Posted: 8/24/05 at 7:40pm

Effie1 you obviously from musicals.net.

Quit sticking up for Evan. I got tired of his homophobic comments long ago. He is truely sick.

flaemmchen Profile Photo
flaemmchen
#40re: Victoria Clark Sounds like Donald Duck Performing Opera...
Posted: 8/24/05 at 8:03pm

I think all fans are fiercly proud of their shows, and there are those that are going to jump on you if you express a negative opinion, it's nothing out of the ordinary just like expressing an opinion is nothing out of the ordinary. A lot of us were upset by this review because, like PerforMeg said, the guy's criticism was not constructive! It was unsupported and just downright mean.

"Peace! The charm's wound up." --Macbeth

BillFinn Profile Photo
BillFinn
#41re: Victoria Clark Sounds like Donald Duck Performing Opera...
Posted: 8/24/05 at 8:30pm

Vicki Clark makes me reconsider my sexuality. UGH! The red hair... the eyes...

Bill Finn rocks. Woot.

Volatile
#42re: Victoria Clark Sounds like Donald Duck Performing Opera...
Posted: 8/24/05 at 8:33pm

Ok, I just read that guy's review from M.net

While some of his comments were over the top, I don't really find anything wrong with the review. The guy gave his opinion and stated his reasons for it. For instance, he said that he found Piazza to be trite. And he gave his reason for it; it was predictable and he knew everything that was going to happen. He also said that he didn't like the music and his reason was that he couldn't remember a single melody and that the music tended to wander (someone else in this thread said the same thing.)

Although I disagree with him about Victoria Clark, it is his opinion. If she sounds like Donald Duck to him, then he has every right to say so. How someone sounds to you isn't really something you can back up with evidence. You can only state what you got out of the performance and he didn't get anything out of her performance. So its not really fair to call his argument "unsupported" because those kinds of opinions aren't really things you support.

I really think you guys are being immature about this. Although it is normal to be passionate about the things you like, I think it is ridiculous to get so worked up about some guy's review, especially when it is not even from a professional reviewer and from a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT FORUM. To bring some review from another forum to this one is truly silly. It's not like what he says is gonna have any effect on the actual show, or Victoria. You should all stop kidding yourselves; you weren't upset that the guy's review wasn't constructive and unsupported. You were upset that he was so harsh towards a show that you love. Sure, he wasn't nice about it. But he supported his opinions and he made valid points. So just RELAX and GET ON WITH YOUR LIVES.
Updated On: 8/24/05 at 08:33 PM

Loppy Profile Photo
Loppy
#43re: Victoria Clark Sounds like Donald Duck Performing Opera...
Posted: 8/24/05 at 10:39pm

In case any of you were wondering, you people are bellowing about the wrong person. If you READ the thread, you'll notice that while all of you are bellowing about the evils of "Evan", Evan isn't even the one who posted the review. The review was posted by an entirely different user.

Additionally, the "Evan" that posted in that thread was "Evan Grubbs". Once again, a different user from the infamous "Evan" of m.net.

The "Evan" that you all are complaining about hasn't been on m.net for several weeks because he has been banned.

If y'all are going to go nuts about a person, it generally makes sense to know who you're talking about.

Moreover, the user who posted the review was NOT particualarly harsh. Nothing he said was any more over the top than anything I've read here about other shows. Additionally, what he said about Victoria sounding like Donald Duck was no worse than criticism that I've read about performers such as Idina Menzel on this very board. Let's lose the hypocrisy.

Yes, I post on m.net.

No, I'm no big fan of the person who started the thread. But in this instance, he did and said nothing particularly wrong and/or offensive. And, to be honest, he provided more reasons why he DISLIKES "Piazza" in that thread than any of you provided for why you DO like it. Instead of bitching about that thread over here, why don't you go over there and put your arguments into an intelligent debate?

Get over it, people.
Updated On: 8/24/05 at 10:39 PM

jeremykushnier1fan Profile Photo
jeremykushnier1fan
#44re: Victoria Clark Sounds like Donald Duck Performing Opera...
Posted: 8/24/05 at 10:50pm

Wow, talk about disrespectful...

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#45re: Victoria Clark Sounds like Donald Duck Performing Opera...
Posted: 8/24/05 at 10:53pm

^

But you make it sound like this Evan Grubbs is such a nice guy!

I've viewed so many hateful and rude posts by him, and many were homophobic.

And the mods find it amusing. They just simply don't care.

Sure performers get bashed here. Have you read what people here say about Christina Applegate? It's very sad. But still on this board I haven't encountered as many hateful people that I have over there. And not to mention famous Broadway composers, and some performers post here. This site is MUCH more popular and well known than M.NET.

Grubbs and his little friend make it sound like this board is all little teenies. The Wicklyns here are a whole seperate group.

We have members here who were old enough to see Gwen in SWEET CHARITY, Lansbury in MAME, and a load of other classic musicals from the 60's and 70's. AND even BEFORE THAT. I can't say the same about Musicals.net.

The moderating team here ACTUALLY moderates, and as far as I am concerned they do a HELL of a lot more than JP, Beagle, and Gayboy.
Updated On: 8/24/05 at 10:53 PM

Loppy Profile Photo
Loppy
#46re: Victoria Clark Sounds like Donald Duck Performing Opera...
Posted: 8/24/05 at 10:55pm

I never made it sound like Grubbs is such a good guy. I said that he wasn't the "Evan" that you're all complaining about.

Please don't put words in my mouth

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#47re: Victoria Clark Sounds like Donald Duck Performing Opera...
Posted: 8/24/05 at 10:56pm

I know that there are two different Evans.

And persoanlly I find this Grubbs just as bas as the other Evan.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#48re: Victoria Clark Sounds like Donald Duck Performing Opera...
Posted: 8/25/05 at 12:14am

Right, there are two Evans. Evan Grubbs almost always uses both names. Evan M is younger, and the huge Starlight Express fan who's been posting at mnet far longer (at least since it was hosted on mit.edu). He runs http://www.stex-studio.us .

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

Whiteguy2088 Profile Photo
Whiteguy2088
#49re: Victoria Clark Sounds like Donald Duck Performing Opera...
Posted: 8/25/05 at 3:20am

While I do not think Clark sounds bad or medoicre at all...I was uninspired by the score on the recording and it has to be ranked with one more the most lackluster and boring recordings I own. Sorry Im sure the actualy musical is better...but I mean a recording should at least draw you in...

Now im off to dodge the gun shots and flying knives - night

Videos