pixeltracker

All Shook Up to Close on Sunday, September 25, 2005- Page 2

All Shook Up to Close on Sunday, September 25, 2005

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#25re: All Shook Up to Close on Sunday, September 25, 2005
Posted: 9/20/05 at 8:29pm

Most likely...it's not a "hot" ticket hence the closing. But you only are sure on the day of the show.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

Dollypop
#26re: All Shook Up to Close on Sunday, September 25, 2005
Posted: 9/20/05 at 8:58pm

This is what happens when you don't use good grammar in the title of your show. Had they named it ALL SHAKEN UP, it would have run for decades!

Obeying the rules of good grammar and punctuation will always lead you to happiness.

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#27re: All Shook Up to Close on Sunday, September 25, 2005
Posted: 9/20/05 at 9:01pm

LOL, DP!

A work of art is an invitation to love.

BSoBW2
#28re: All Shook Up to Close on Sunday, September 25, 2005
Posted: 9/20/05 at 9:03pm

DP - this isn't a time to joke!

Wow, I think this is the most I've ever been upset about a show closing since Les Mis closed.

re: All Shook Up to Close on Sunday, September 25, 2005

RentBoy86
#29re: All Shook Up to Close on Sunday, September 25, 2005
Posted: 9/20/05 at 9:06pm

Wow, this is quick lol. In the next two weeks, two musicals will close - so sad. But i guess its the end of one season and the start of another. It seems like the first musical to open of the past couple seasons (Lennon, Dracula) have closed so quickly. So sad. Can't wait for the tour!

Up In Lost
#30re: All Shook Up to Close on Sunday, September 25, 2005
Posted: 9/20/05 at 9:07pm

Sadness.

Well, I'm glad he got away with it.

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#31re: All Shook Up to Close on Sunday, September 25, 2005
Posted: 9/20/05 at 9:09pm

I don't think it's the end of the jukebox musical, I mean there's "Jersey Boys" coming and many other jukebox musicals have been announced. It's a pity this show is closing, I never got a chance to see it, why did the producers give a 4 day notice though? There should be some kind of rules regarding a closing notice. Anyways, do you think Cheyenne Jackson would join the tour company or is he already a Broadway headliner and wouldn't be on a tour?

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

Dollypop
#32re: All Shook Up to Close on Sunday, September 25, 2005
Posted: 9/20/05 at 9:11pm

What do you mean that it's no time to joke?

The joke is that this show has run as long as it has.

I'm sorry to know that the cast and crew will be out of jobs, but I'm sure they all knew this was coming.

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

Conor Profile Photo
Conor
#33re: All Shook Up to Close on Sunday, September 25, 2005
Posted: 9/20/05 at 9:13pm

just bought my plane ticket home, ahh this is so sad.

jeremykushnier1fan Profile Photo
jeremykushnier1fan
#34re: All Shook Up to Close on Sunday, September 25, 2005
Posted: 9/20/05 at 9:15pm

There definatly should have been more notice! I'm so pissed! The show didn't deserve to close so soon!

BSoBW2
#35re: All Shook Up to Close on Sunday, September 25, 2005
Posted: 9/20/05 at 9:20pm

My whole week is ruined!

Joshua488
#36re: All Shook Up to Close on Sunday, September 25, 2005
Posted: 9/20/05 at 9:23pm

True, Jersey Boys might be opening soon, but something tells me that it probably won't stick around for long.

I definitely hope that producers will open their eyes and start realizing that jukebox musicals are not guaranteed moneymakers. Mamma Mia! and Movin' Out are the first (and only) two exceptions that come to mind.

Michael Bennett Profile Photo
Michael Bennett
#37re: All Shook Up to Close on Sunday, September 25, 2005
Posted: 9/20/05 at 9:26pm

True, there have been at least ten other jukebox musicals announced, but I'd say half of all musicals announced, jukebox or not, never actually happen.

Though, I too, feel for the cast and crew of ALL SHOOK UP, I do hope that Producers will look at the incredibly low grosses for shows like this and LENNON and decide to put their dollars into something other then jukebox musicals.

Clearly, they aren't the wave of the future.

Craig Profile Photo
Craig
#38re: All Shook Up to Close on Sunday, September 25, 2005
Posted: 9/20/05 at 9:26pm

There are (at least) two very different type of "jukebox" musicals. Ones that try to build a story around the songs and integrate them into the plot and ones that put the songs into the show.

All Shook Up and Mamma Mia fit into one category whereas Lennon and Jersey Boys are another.

As for the viability of any musical - I don't care the source material, etc as long as it's a GOOD SHOW. And any show is going to be a gamble whether it's original, a "jukebox" musical, based on a popular movie, or whatever. There's no magic bullet.

"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men" - Willy Wonka

bschneid76 Profile Photo
bschneid76
#39re: All Shook Up to Close on Sunday, September 25, 2005
Posted: 9/20/05 at 9:34pm

Tis a shame! I saw this twice and loved it both times. I was hoping it would have ran for at least a year! The actors are so talented, I am glad they made a recording.

"Love the Art in Yourself. Not Yourself in the Art." -- Stanislavski

wickedrentq Profile Photo
wickedrentq
#40re: All Shook Up to Close on Sunday, September 25, 2005
Posted: 9/20/05 at 9:59pm

Aww, this show had really great and passionate fans, I feel really bad for them that there is such little advance warning, and for those who were waiting to see the show for the first time. Twas eminent, but wish it didn't hafta be the way. The cast was great, here's hoping everyone finds something they enjoy as much that exhibits their wonderful talents.

"If there was a Mount Rushmore for Broadway scores, "West Side Story" would be front and center. It snaps, it crackles it pops! It surges with a roar, its energy and sheer life undiminished by the years" - NYPost reviewer Elisabeth Vincentelli

broadwaystar2b Profile Photo
broadwaystar2b
#41re: All Shook Up to Close on Sunday, September 25, 2005
Posted: 9/20/05 at 10:01pm

This is so sad
So many talented people out of work
It really does break my heart re: All Shook Up to Close on Sunday, September 25, 2005

PennyLou Profile Photo
PennyLou
#42re: All Shook Up to Close on Sunday, September 25, 2005
Posted: 9/20/05 at 10:03pm

Grace: My love for you is like this scar (points to elbow) ulgy but permanent!
Updated On: 12/23/05 at 10:03 PM

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#43re: All Shook Up to Close on Sunday, September 25, 2005
Posted: 9/20/05 at 10:08pm

Im gonna try to make it on Friday...I really hope I can see it...it was either this or Lennon and I think I'd prefer this so yeah...I'm so sad its closing, though. =(

timote316
#44re: All Shook Up to Close on Sunday, September 25, 2005
Posted: 9/20/05 at 10:13pm

That's sad.

My college is planning a bus trip to NYC on Oct 1. I think to myself, I'll see Sweeney Todd! No, previews start the 3rd. Lennon! Nope, closes the 24th. All Shook Up! No, the 25th. I swear, I can't win.

popular_elphie Profile Photo
popular_elphie
#45re: All Shook Up to Close on Sunday, September 25, 2005
Posted: 9/20/05 at 10:22pm

Just bought my ticket and booked my hotel. I'm still so sad about this. So many people out of jobs, and so many fans that won't be able to see it because they live really far away.

James885 Profile Photo
James885
#46re: All Shook Up to Close on Sunday, September 25, 2005
Posted: 9/20/05 at 10:28pm

It's always sad when any show closes. Best of luck to the cast, crew, and musicians who are now out of a job.

"You drank a charm to kill John Proctor's wife! You drank a charm to kill Goody Proctor!" - Betty Parris to Abigail Williams in Arthur Miller's The Crucible

TabooWickedFan Profile Photo
TabooWickedFan
#47re: All Shook Up to Close on Sunday, September 25, 2005
Posted: 9/20/05 at 10:36pm

this makes me sad, especially when you have tickets to another show the day it closes. maybe since i have the best mom, we can go on thursday night? re: All Shook Up to Close on Sunday, September 25, 2005

question, the show will still perform at the Hurricane Relief Event right? So to all that go to that, that will kind of be like the final, final outing for All Shook Up right?

"But I relish every brillant inspired moment. This is who I'm determined to be- an actor/singer/dancer-no, I take that back, this is who I am. These people are my tribe, my destiny. I know it. -How I Paid for College; A story of sex, theft, friendship and musical theater.
Updated On: 9/20/05 at 10:36 PM

bdwaygirl Profile Photo
bdwaygirl
#48re: All Shook Up to Close on Sunday, September 25, 2005
Posted: 9/20/05 at 10:45pm

'tis sad, indeed. Going to this will break up the day a bit between the flea market and the benefit concert later on.

TWF, I think you need to put your previous avatar back up for a few days!

I hung out with Cheyenne Jackson in his dressing room waayyyyyy before he tickled D2.

"unleash the girly"

Our fingerprints don't fade from the lives we touch.

Puppies are babies in fur coats.

Tinfoil...The Terrorizing Terminator

AnotherDay46 Profile Photo
AnotherDay46
#49re: All Shook Up to Close on Sunday, September 25, 2005
Posted: 9/20/05 at 10:49pm

Damn, havn't seen it yet...

Videos