pixeltracker

A Chorus Line Revival Cast- Page 2

A Chorus Line Revival Cast

Michael Bennett Profile Photo
Michael Bennett
#25re: A Chorus Line Revival Cast
Posted: 2/10/06 at 5:27pm

Shelia's such a fabulous role - I'm sure they've been looking at some great people. According the ACL BIBLE, Shelia is supposed to have been a contemporary of Cassie and Zach - so I wonder if they will cast her older because of Charlotte and Michael - though it would be a shame to lose the "And I'm going to be 30 real soon" line - though 30 is hardly "old" for Broadway dancers these days.

Michael Bennett
#26re: A Chorus Line Revival Cast
Posted: 2/17/06 at 1:48am

Heard tonight that Rachelle Rak is Shelia.

InfiniteTheaterFrenzy Profile Photo
InfiniteTheaterFrenzy
#27re: A Chorus Line Revival Cast
Posted: 2/17/06 at 2:51am

ooh i hope so, she'd be great

[title of show] on Broadway. it's time. believe.

#28re: A Chorus Line Revival Cast
Posted: 2/17/06 at 10:27am

I did high school theatre with Mara. That is so weird. She went to UC Irvine, but it "taking a break" to do "42nd" and this.

Also, three other cast members are friends of mine, which is cool. i am glad they are getting recognition.

It gives me hope, I guess. That anyone can make it to broadway with work. SO I won't quit school yet. re: A Chorus Line Revival Cast

wickedrentq Profile Photo
wickedrentq
#29re: A Chorus Line Revival Cast
Posted: 2/17/06 at 10:28am

Wow, that would be fantastic news! I was actually surprised when I saw the initial casting list and she wasn't on it; she's so great. Actually, I've constantly been checking this thread, hoping to read that she got the part of Sheila. She's gonna be great in the part!

"If there was a Mount Rushmore for Broadway scores, "West Side Story" would be front and center. It snaps, it crackles it pops! It surges with a roar, its energy and sheer life undiminished by the years" - NYPost reviewer Elisabeth Vincentelli

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#30re: A Chorus Line Revival Cast
Posted: 2/17/06 at 10:31am

...So that just leaves Mark, then, right?

The youngest dancer on the line.

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22

Michael Bennett
#31re: A Chorus Line Revival Cast
Posted: 2/17/06 at 10:34am

Mark apparently hasn't been cast. They are supposedly doing more auditions in March. Nobody seems to know who's playing Kristine either...
Updated On: 2/17/06 at 10:34 AM

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#32re: A Chorus Line Revival Cast
Posted: 2/17/06 at 10:46am

Oh, forgot about Kristine, as well!

Thanks, MB.

FoscasBohemianDream
#33re: A Chorus Line Revival Cast
Posted: 2/17/06 at 11:26am

I was also surprised Rachelle Rak wasn't on the cast, although I thought she'd be considered for Cassie, but Sheila in my opinion is a more interesting role, so I hope she finally gets the chance she so deserves, she is one of the best gypsies on Broadway at the moment.

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#34re: A Chorus Line Revival Cast
Posted: 2/17/06 at 11:33am

I know this really isn't the place for it in this thread, but I disagree strongly with those that say Sheila is a better or more interesting role than Cassie. Sheila has some of the best one-liners in the show and a nice, classy dramatic turn as part of the trio in "At the Ballet," but it comes no where even close to the dramatic impact and show-stopping punch of the scene, song and dance that are "The Music and the Mirror." Not by a long shot.

There, I said it.

(even in the wrong thread.)

FoscasBohemianDream
#35re: A Chorus Line Revival Cast
Posted: 2/17/06 at 11:36am

To go off-topic. I believe it's a matter of opinion, best12bars. Sheila appeals a lot to me because I'm just as cynical and witty, and I find her character to be one of the best featured roles in a musical. Cassie obviously is the star of the choice and it ultimately became a way of showcasing Donna McKechnie's skills not only as a dancer but as an actress which led to her Tony. And of course "The Music and the Mirror" is a big showstopper, one of the best solo numbers in a musical I believe, but that doesn't necessarily makes Cassie a more interesting character. Should we create a new thread?

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#36re: A Chorus Line Revival Cast
Posted: 2/17/06 at 11:40am

I think it's been discussed elsewhere already, FBD. Perhaps even multiple times.

...And, as you say, it's a matter of opinion. You stated yours, and I stated mine.

There, now we have both.

dramaqueen2 Profile Photo
dramaqueen2
#37re: A Chorus Line Revival Cast
Posted: 2/17/06 at 12:03pm

Does anyone know when A CHORUS LINE is opening? i'm hoping to see it for my birthday, which is at the end of June.. if someone knows, please post and let me know! thanks!
<3

hear my song; it was made for the time when you don't know where to go, listen to the song that i sing, you'll be fine..

wickedrentq Profile Photo
wickedrentq
#38re: A Chorus Line Revival Cast
Posted: 2/17/06 at 1:03pm

I totally agree about Rachelle, Foscas.

Drama, they actually have for now an exact date...I believe it's September 20-something, it was probably posted, you can try a search here or a google search or something.

"If there was a Mount Rushmore for Broadway scores, "West Side Story" would be front and center. It snaps, it crackles it pops! It surges with a roar, its energy and sheer life undiminished by the years" - NYPost reviewer Elisabeth Vincentelli

frogs_fan85 Profile Photo
frogs_fan85
#39re: A Chorus Line Revival Cast
Posted: 2/17/06 at 1:42pm

The opening date is 9/21, starting date for previews hasn't been announced yet.

hen88
#40re: A Chorus Line Revival Cast
Posted: 2/17/06 at 2:24pm

I went to school with Natalie Cortez. She's very talented. She was hands down the best dancer in my year. She also has a great voice. I always thought of her as a more legit soprano rather than a belter. I'm definitely interested in seeing her and hearing what she does with "What I Did For Love".

LeaGirl Profile Photo
LeaGirl
#41re: A Chorus Line Revival Cast
Posted: 2/17/06 at 2:28pm

One of my friends saw her recently in a production of "The Last Five Years" and according to her... she'll be able to belt the heck out of that number.

Now what would you say if today I started over? Without a thing but this taped together four leaf clover And I'll pretend like everything is already alright And I'll run toward the sun till the castle's out of sight

princessem721 Profile Photo
princessem721
#42re: A Chorus Line Revival Cast
Posted: 2/21/06 at 4:05pm

I hope that Rak is Sheila, she's perfect for it. As for Mark, it's Paul McGill. He's 18 and was a swing in La Cage last year....

perfectliar
#43re: A Chorus Line Revival Cast
Posted: 2/21/06 at 4:37pm

Is Paul McGill definitely playing Mark? I was actually just speaking with his mother on Saturday about how this past Monday was his fifth callback (we were both in line for Jersey Boys rush). I hope this news is true.

broadwaybelter Profile Photo
broadwaybelter
#44re: A Chorus Line Revival Cast
Posted: 2/21/06 at 4:50pm

oooh very exciting! Rachelle Rak is gorgeous! and Paul McGil is very cute re: A Chorus Line Revival Cast

BreevdKamp
#45re: A Chorus Line Revival Cast
Posted: 2/21/06 at 4:56pm

"Rachelle Rak is gorgeous!"

......?

NBC
#46re: A Chorus Line Revival Cast
Posted: 2/21/06 at 5:05pm

I concur that Rachelle Rak is gorgeous, and I would love to see her take a crack at Sheila.

I heard Deidre Goodwin's name had been bandied about for the role, too, which would be interesting...

"I cried during the Frug." - MC

broadwaybelter Profile Photo
broadwaybelter
#47re: A Chorus Line Revival Cast
Posted: 2/21/06 at 5:13pm

"Rachelle Rak is gorgeous!"

Rachel Rak=a woman

gorgeous= a term often used to refer to people who are VERY beautiful

combining those two thoughts together would produce one solid thought

a woman is very beautiful

*replacing with pronouns*

Rachelle Rak is gorgeous!

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#48re: A Chorus Line Revival Cast
Posted: 2/21/06 at 5:16pm

CHARLOTTE d'AMBOISE Cassie
MICHAEL BERRESSE Zach
YUKA TAKARA Connie
TYLER HANES Larry
NATALIE CORTEZ Diana
BRAD ANDERSON Don
JAMES T. LANE Richie
JESSICA LEE GOLDYN Val
JASON TAM Paul
ALISAN PORTER Bebe
MICHAEL PATERNOSTRO Greg
JEFFREY SCHECTER Mike
MARA DAVI Maggie
KEN ALAN Bobby
HEATHER PARCELLS Judy
TONY YAZBECK Al
RACHELLE RAK Sheila
PAUL MCGILL Mark
?? Kristine

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Pinaud Profile Photo
Pinaud
#49re: A Chorus Line Revival Cast
Posted: 2/21/06 at 5:29pm

Rak has not definitely won the role. She is one of the final contenders.

Videos