pixeltracker

Favorite Rendition of "Maybe This Time"- Page 2

Favorite Rendition of "Maybe This Time"

wickedrentq Profile Photo
wickedrentq
#25re: Favorite Rendition of 'Maybe This Time'
Posted: 2/5/06 at 11:51pm

Heh Loveclassics I WAS there, and that was gonna be my response no question--Rachel York's performance at the Kander and Ebb Tribute Concert. I mean Liza will always be the goddess of this song, but if I couldn't see her sing live, Rachel's rendition was definitely the next best thing! Those last notes just soared, it was such a triumphant performance.

"If there was a Mount Rushmore for Broadway scores, "West Side Story" would be front and center. It snaps, it crackles it pops! It surges with a roar, its energy and sheer life undiminished by the years" - NYPost reviewer Elisabeth Vincentelli

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#26re: Favorite Rendition of 'Maybe This Time'
Posted: 2/5/06 at 11:59pm

Uh, guys, I can hear you!

And for the rest of you - MiNNelli!! TWO N's!! Sheesh!

Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson
Updated On: 2/6/06 at 11:59 PM

Kitzarina Profile Photo
Kitzarina
#27re: Favorite Rendition of 'Maybe This Time'
Posted: 2/6/06 at 12:00am

My favorite is Rath...

that better? re: Favorite Rendition of 'Maybe This Time'

"You're the worst thing to happen to musical theatre since Andrew Lloyd Webber!" --Family Guy

"Shut up! It's been 29 years!!!" --the incomparable Patti LuPone in her MUCH DESERVED Tony acceptance speech for Gypsy.

Kitzy's Avatar du Jour: Kitzy as Little Red Ridinghood in her college's production of "Into the Woods"

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#28re: Favorite Rendition of 'Maybe This Time'
Posted: 2/6/06 at 12:01am

Don't patronize me.

Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson

Kitzarina Profile Photo
Kitzarina
#29re: Favorite Rendition of 'Maybe This Time'
Posted: 2/6/06 at 12:01am

It's all love, baby.

"You're the worst thing to happen to musical theatre since Andrew Lloyd Webber!" --Family Guy

"Shut up! It's been 29 years!!!" --the incomparable Patti LuPone in her MUCH DESERVED Tony acceptance speech for Gypsy.

Kitzy's Avatar du Jour: Kitzy as Little Red Ridinghood in her college's production of "Into the Woods"

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#30re: Favorite Rendition of 'Maybe This Time'
Posted: 2/6/06 at 12:03am

Tell it to Liza.

Link Larkin Wanabe Profile Photo
Link Larkin Wanabe
#31re: Favorite Rendition of 'Maybe This Time'
Posted: 2/6/06 at 12:10am

Awww...

You beat me to it. I was gonna say Rath too.

Akiva

Link Larkin Wanabe Profile Photo
Link Larkin Wanabe
#32re: Favorite Rendition of 'Maybe This Time'
Posted: 2/6/06 at 12:10am

Awww...

You beat me to it. I was gonna say Rath too.

Akiva

BwayLover Profile Photo
BwayLover
#33re: Favorite Rendition of 'Maybe This Time'
Posted: 2/6/06 at 1:36am

Out of the recorded versions I've heard, I gotta say Carolee Carmello's version is absolutely amazing....That's my favorite, and right behind it is Karen Mason's version, which is also vocally wonderful.

"Years from now, when you talk about this - And you will - Be kind. "

Composer9 Profile Photo
Composer9
#34re: Favorite Rendition of 'Maybe This Time'
Posted: 2/6/06 at 2:49am

Susan blows me away.

The key to the mystery of a great artist is that for reasons unknown, he will give away his energies and his life just to make sure that one note follows another... and leaves us with the feeling that something is right in the world. ~Leonard Bernstein~

Type_A_Tiff Profile Photo
Type_A_Tiff
#35re: Favorite Rendition of 'Maybe This Time'
Posted: 2/6/06 at 2:53am

My vote still goes to Kitzarina.

"It's not always about you!!!" (But if you think I'm referring to you anyway, then I probably am.)

"Good luck returning my ass!" - Wilhemina Slater

"This is my breakfast, lunch and f***ing dinner right here. I'm not even f***in' joking." - Colin Farrell

BwayBaby18 Profile Photo
BwayBaby18
#36re: Favorite Rendition of 'Maybe This Time'
Posted: 2/6/06 at 3:10am

Ruthie Henshall

JJPeachum2 Profile Photo
JJPeachum2
#37re: Favorite Rendition of 'Maybe This Time'
Posted: 2/6/06 at 3:15am

Maria Friedman's, with Liza's as a VERY close second (it was written for her, after all)... but I'm 100% a Maria fan, through-and-through.

mrkringas Profile Photo
mrkringas
#38re: Favorite Rendition of 'Maybe This Time'
Posted: 2/6/06 at 4:25am

Sally Ann Triplett or Susan Egan

algy Profile Photo
algy
#39re: Favorite Rendition of 'Maybe This Time'
Posted: 2/6/06 at 8:11am

I'm with the Maria Friedman as well. After Liza.

popcultureboy Profile Photo
popcultureboy
#40re: Favorite Rendition of 'Maybe This Time'
Posted: 2/6/06 at 8:19am

I think I must be the only person on the board who saw Katie Finneran when she was Sally in the revival at Studio 54. She gets my vote for best rendition of Maybe This Time.

Nothing precious, plain to see, don't make a fuss over me. Not loud, not soft, but somewhere inbetween. Say sorry, just let it be the word you mean.

Sant
#41re: Favorite Rendition of 'Maybe This Time'
Posted: 2/6/06 at 9:30am

Ruthie Henshall's version.

It's on her "The Ruthie Henshall Album".

PaigeByPaige
#42re: Favorite Rendition of 'Maybe This Time'
Posted: 2/6/06 at 9:38am

Yeah Ruthie rocks!!!

I also love Ute Lemper's version of the song.

All the best performers bring to their role something more, something different than what the author put on paper. That's what makes theatre live. That's why it persists. - Stephen Sondheim

cathywellerstein Profile Photo
cathywellerstein
#43re: Favorite Rendition of 'Maybe This Time'
Posted: 2/6/06 at 9:47am

where did you all here the Maria Friedman version?!!?

*MuSiCaLs_FaN* Profile Photo
*MuSiCaLs_FaN*
#44re: Favorite Rendition of 'Maybe This Time'
Posted: 2/6/06 at 9:57am

Ruthie Henshall DEINFATELY!!! She sang it a couple of weeks agon on 'The Sound of Musicals' and I was blown away!! She is AMAZING!! I would LOVE to see her play the role! I wish had heard Rachel York's version!

cathyhyatt
#45re: Favorite Rendition of 'Maybe This Time'
Posted: 2/6/06 at 9:58am

Susan. Egan. Is. Beautiful.

"You won't fight without layers of armor Suit on up and come brace my sword You look back when the pieces are missing Hollowed out hope that no time can restore."

JJPeachum2 Profile Photo
JJPeachum2
#46re: Favorite Rendition of 'Maybe This Time'
Posted: 2/6/06 at 10:16am

cathywellerstein, Maria Friedman recorded the role of Sally in a JAY Records studio cast, with Jonathan Pryce as the M.C., Gregg Edelmen as Cliff, Fred Ebb as Herr Schultz, Judi Dench as Schneider, and Caroline O'Connor as Kost. There are bonus tracks with the cast performing the movie songs, and the songs from the 1987 revival.

Here's the link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00000I132/104-1295220-9908749?v=glance&n=5174

algy Profile Photo
algy
#47re: Favorite Rendition of 'Maybe This Time'
Posted: 2/6/06 at 10:36am

I bought the cassette of the Maria Friedman, Jonathan Pryce Caberet for about £1.99 the year after I did it at school. I loved it so much - I can't find the tape anymore (my mother "borrowed it") and I'm so upset about it!

ohhoney_ Profile Photo
ohhoney_
#48re: Favorite Rendition of 'Maybe This Time'
Posted: 2/6/06 at 10:49am

ugh. i love the cabaret movie and liza, well, she's LIZA. a goddess among broadway stars. but is she the best sally bowles?i don't believe so. she can't get away with everything just because she's LIZA, can she? (or maybe she can)

anyway. i'm still a little angry with the movie for changing the damned story for her. sally bowles is my dream role above all other dream roles (although somedays i may tell you that belongs to the baker's wife.)

natasha richardson is my PERSONAL favorite sally. she isn't SUPPOSED to be the greatest singer in the world. it's a cabaret! she only THINKS she's a star! natasha is wonderful.

MWAH! -Meghan

NYC PART III: 24 sleeps!

Andre:I'll miss you.
Muriel: You will?
Andre: Only if you leave.

Menken Fan Profile Photo
Menken Fan
#49re: Favorite Rendition of 'Maybe This Time'
Posted: 2/6/06 at 11:32am

Best rendition: Susan Egan

Worst rendition: Deborah Gibson. No, wait, Pia Zadora. No, Deborah Gibson.

Videos