News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Will you buy a LESTAT CD?- Page 2

Will you buy a LESTAT CD?

FosseBoi
#25re: Will you buy a LESTAT CD?
Posted: 5/23/06 at 3:34pm

I will out of couriosity and for Hugh and Carolee. I've "heard" "I Want More" and I dont get whats so great about it, I thought it fit the discription of all the horrid things I've heard about the show.

"I've always secretly longed for an actress to get to the top of the cherry picker and projectile vomit all over the guards below."- Wonderwaiter in the "Defy Gravity?" thread. ~~~~~~~~My dream? Sutton Foster as Cassie in A Chorus Line

#26re: Will you buy a LESTAT CD?
Posted: 5/23/06 at 3:38pm

Of course! Do you even have to ask?! Besides...so many delicious voices on the CD! I'm sold! LOL! :)

~Rosalynn

bryan
#27re: Will you buy a LESTAT CD?

hell yes i love muiscals

tgrabon Profile Photo
tgrabon
#28re: Will you buy a LESTAT CD?

Nope. Not a chance.

timmmmmmmmmy

angelforlife
#29re: Will you buy a LESTAT CD?
Posted: 5/23/06 at 3:59pm

Absolutely.

Don't believe everything the critics tell you. Go See Lestat. http://www.goseelestat.com

jarretSF Profile Photo
jarretSF
#30re: Will you buy a LESTAT CD?
Posted: 5/23/06 at 4:09pm

I won't, I don't want to support mediocre work on Broadway. (Not the cast, they do the best they can) But the show should have been better developed, and could've been great, with better direction and better songs.

Some people come into our lives and quietly go, others stay a while, and leave footprints on our heart, and we are never the same.

BwayBaby18 Profile Photo
BwayBaby18
#31re: Will you buy a LESTAT CD?
Posted: 5/23/06 at 4:16pm

Why make something nobody wants? You didn't get a tony nod at best musical or Score. So, why bother?

Scarywarhol Profile Photo
Scarywarhol
#32re: Will you buy a LESTAT CD?
Posted: 5/23/06 at 4:23pm

I would sooner buy it than pay to see the actual show again, I suppose so.

landryjames
#33re: Will you buy a LESTAT CD?
Posted: 5/23/06 at 4:28pm

Never.

#34re: Will you buy a LESTAT CD?
Posted: 5/23/06 at 4:34pm

I am reminded of Bruce, a show collector customer of mine when I worked at Tower Records in Chicago. I remember the day something dreadful came out- Legs Diamond perhaps? He was waiting when we opened at 9 AM, bought a copy and raced home. By 10 AM he was back.

"How is it?" I asked.

"Dreadful! Horrible! So awful I couldn't even finish listening to it! It's possibly the worst score ever! An abomination!"

"So you're here to get something wonderful to wash that abomination out of your ears?"

"No!" he replied "I'm getting two more copies. One for my friend Ralph and a back up copy to keep sealed for my collection."

Yero
#35re: Will you buy a LESTAT CD?
Posted: 5/23/06 at 4:35pm

I probably will end up doing so, yes.

"I have this mental image of Patti barreling down the street and pushing tourists out of her way." -colleen_lee

jimnysf
#36re: Will you buy a LESTAT CD?
Posted: 5/23/06 at 4:38pm

Thanks JoeKV! That is very funny.

"I've lost everything! Luis, Marty, my baby with Chris, Chris himself, James. All I ever wanted was love." --Sheridan Crane "Passions" ------- "Housework is like bad sex. Every time I do it, I swear I'll never do it again til the next time company comes."--"Lulu" from "Can't Stop The Music" ----- "When the right doors didn't open for him, he went through the wrong ones" - "Sweet Bird of Youth" ------------ --------- "Passions" is uncancelled! See NBC.com for more info.

boo41419892
#37re: Will you buy a LESTAT CD?
Posted: 5/23/06 at 4:40pm

I'm going to buy it. I love I want more. I think Allison Fischer is amazing in Lestat.

WickedGeek28 Profile Photo
WickedGeek28
#38re: Will you buy a LESTAT CD?
Posted: 5/23/06 at 4:57pm

Yes. Fischer, Carmello, Panaro, and Sarich all on one disc, OF COURSE!

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
To Kill A Mockingbird

RentBoy86
#39re: Will you buy a LESTAT CD?
Posted: 5/23/06 at 5:56pm

Heck yeah. I want to hear what all the fuss is about.

C is for Company
#40re: Will you buy a LESTAT CD?
Posted: 5/23/06 at 5:58pm

Certainement

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#41re: Will you buy a LESTAT CD?
Posted: 5/23/06 at 6:02pm

Absolutely

Poster Emeritus

Phantomerik15 Profile Photo
Phantomerik15
#42re: Will you buy a LESTAT CD?
Posted: 5/23/06 at 6:10pm

I would

Back, he spurred like a madman, shrieking a curse to the sky. With the white road smoking behind him and his rapier brandished high! Blood-red were the spurs i' the golden noon; wine-red was his velvet coat, when they shot him down on the highway, down like a dog on the highway, and he lay in his blood on the highway, with the bunch of lace at his throat... (The Highwayman. Sung by: Loreena McKennitt)

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#43re: Will you buy a LESTAT CD?
Posted: 5/23/06 at 6:24pm

I will get it. Totally.

"I'm learning to dig deep down inside and find the truth within myself and put that out. I think what we identify with in popular music more than anything else is when someone just shares a truth that we can relate to. That's what I'm searching for in my music." - Ron Bohmer

"I broke the boundaries. It wasn't cool to be in plays- especially if you were in sports & I was in both." - Ashton Kutcher

Kgshrauder Profile Photo
Kgshrauder
#44re: Will you buy a LESTAT CD?
Posted: 5/23/06 at 9:20pm

I will buy it, and I noticed that bryan is a featured actor...maybe if you post enough plea's for cast recordings you can get that title too.

It was 6 hours, I don't even like to have sex and eat bacon for 6 hours.
Freddy Benson- Dirty Rotten Scoundrels

Tiny-Toon Profile Photo
Tiny-Toon
#45re: Will you buy a LESTAT CD?
Posted: 5/23/06 at 9:21pm

I'd buy it, because I buy everything.

aspiringactress Profile Photo
aspiringactress
#46re: Will you buy a LESTAT CD?
Posted: 5/23/06 at 9:43pm

I'll buy it, I guess.

"We don't value the lily less for not being made of flint and built to last. Life's bounty is in it's flow, later is too late. Where is the song when it's been sung, the dance when it's been danced? It's only we humans who want to own the future too." - Tom Stoppard, Shipwreck

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#47re: Will you buy a LESTAT CD?
Posted: 5/23/06 at 10:39pm

So it sounds like most people didn't really like the score but they will buy it because they buy every show.
And that guy that saves one wrapped up!
Yikes.
Since Elton knows about recordings Do you think the CD will come out sounding good and people will say
"This sounds great. Why wasn't it a hit'?
That's how cult musicals are born, most of them better than this though.

xM3L24x Profile Photo
xM3L24x
#48re: Will you buy a LESTAT CD?
Posted: 5/23/06 at 10:40pm

I haven't seen the show, and I've heard mixed reviews...so I'll probably just borrow it from the library to see if I like it before I buy it.

jimnysf
#49re: Will you buy a LESTAT CD?
Posted: 5/23/06 at 10:47pm

Will it even be released? Paul Simon's "The Capeman" was recorded but it still has not been released and that CD featured some names known outside of Broadway (Ruben Blades, Marc Anthony for starters). That show ran twice as long as "Lestat".

http://members.aol.com/Pretybelle/musical.html

"I've lost everything! Luis, Marty, my baby with Chris, Chris himself, James. All I ever wanted was love." --Sheridan Crane "Passions" ------- "Housework is like bad sex. Every time I do it, I swear I'll never do it again til the next time company comes."--"Lulu" from "Can't Stop The Music" ----- "When the right doors didn't open for him, he went through the wrong ones" - "Sweet Bird of Youth" ------------ --------- "Passions" is uncancelled! See NBC.com for more info.

Videos