GO LaCHANZE !!!

Marguerite Chauvelin
#25re: GO LaCHANZE !!!
Posted: 6/11/06 at 11:11pm

I'm glad for LaChanze they had a lot of worthy nominees in that catergory.

If Percy Blakeney were in Les Mis....

Percy: Sink me! If it isn't Javvurt!
Javert: Zsah-vair, it's pronounced Zsah-vair.
Pecry: But it's spelled J-A-V-E-R-T Javvurt.
Javert: Repeat after me Zsah...Zsah....
Percy: Oh! Zsa-Zsa! Like the Gabor sister! Well I personally have always prefered Eva.
Javert: (Looks for gun)

Marguerite Chauvelin
#26re: GO LaCHANZE !!!
Posted: 6/11/06 at 11:11pm

I'm glad for LaChanze they had a lot of worthy nominees in that catergory.

Percy: Oh! Zsa-Zsa! Like the Gabor sister! Well I personally have always prefered Eva.

Marguerite Chauvelin
#27re: GO LaCHANZE !!!
Posted: 6/11/06 at 11:12pm

Ooh, triple post. Sorry.

Updated On: 6/11/06 at 11:12 PM

RentBoy86
#28re: GO LaCHANZE !!!
Posted: 6/11/06 at 11:12pm

WOOHOOOWHOOOWHOOWHOWHOOOO! LACHANZE!!!!!! I'm so excited. I love her. It would have been better if she could have sang in the performance more, but who cares!

SeptemberKel
#29re: GO LaCHANZE !!!
Posted: 6/11/06 at 11:13pm

Patti should have won, hands down. I am so, so disappointed. I saw TCP, I found LaChanze to be little more than glorified set dressing (sorry to those in the LaChanze camp, I'm so not a fan at all).

Nonetheless, in spite of my opinions and slight bitterness, I congratulate her on her win. re: GO LaCHANZE !!!

"Of course there is the castle - the ruined castle. I find it lovely. Probably because it's ruined, I suppose." - Passion

Ebonic_Singer
#30re: GO LaCHANZE !!!
Posted: 6/11/06 at 11:15pm

Haha NYC4Life--that made me laugh.

I am SOOOOOOO happy for her. Her performance truly deserved a Tony. The transformation she makes in that show is mindblowing. Where did she get her training?

suddenlyseymour Profile Photo
suddenlyseymour
#31re: GO LaCHANZE !!!
Posted: 6/11/06 at 11:16pm

I love LaChanze and I'm so happy for her that she won =)

anotherhundredpeople Profile Photo
anotherhundredpeople
#32re: GO LaCHANZE !!!
Posted: 6/11/06 at 11:17pm

diva from hell wackjack??? i disagree. patti is amazingly talented, and definitely deserved the tony for her lovett. lachanze is talented but has a way to go until she reaches lupone.

-jess- "I think every actor on the stage should have a shirt that says,'believe it or not-I'm doing my best.'" -Alan Rickman

jeremykushnier1fan Profile Photo
jeremykushnier1fan
#33re: GO LaCHANZE !!!
Posted: 6/11/06 at 11:18pm

Surprised yet very proud for her. I'm so glad she won the Tony, she most definatly deserved it.

WordedGrace Profile Photo
WordedGrace
#34re: GO LaCHANZE !!!
Posted: 6/11/06 at 11:29pm

She was the true underdog in this catergory, I was on the phone when they were announcing her name...and I almost screamed into a friend's ear. I'm totally happy for LaChanze! She carries TCP and rises above it's flaws. So many people discounted her or tried to place her up there with Patti. Patti Lupone is a legend, has earned the right be a diva, and will always be iconic while LaChanze may not reach that level of popularity, she has always been a class act in terms of character, performance, and spirit. Congratulations to her for her Tony win because the way this night was going who knows.

I'm not gonna hate you in the magazines, (I'm better than that) I'm not gonna compromise my Christianity, (I'm better than that) You know I'm not gonna diss you on the Internet Cause my momma taught me better than that.

BwayBaby18 Profile Photo
BwayBaby18
#35re: GO LaCHANZE !!!
Posted: 6/11/06 at 11:35pm

What a preformance she totally deserved it.

Worded Grace i totally echo your comments

kim1061 Profile Photo
kim1061
#36re: GO LaCHANZE !!!
Posted: 6/11/06 at 11:36pm

i'm very happy for her! It's so great to see the emotion and excitment in her.

A dancer might dream to see her name in lights and mean it, but all she really dreams is to make someone else feel the way she did when she first saw a dancer. And that is so beautiful-Anonymous

Ebonic_Singer
#37re: GO LaCHANZE !!!
Posted: 6/11/06 at 11:36pm

I agree.

IveGottaBeME
#38re: GO LaCHANZE !!!
Posted: 6/11/06 at 11:37pm

LaChanze went to UArts majoring in dance/theater. She definitely deserved the Tony. She gave a raw, emotional and star-making performance, just like Patti did with Evita.

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#39re: GO LaCHANZE !!!
Posted: 6/11/06 at 11:38pm

i am still SO EXCITED. this is amazing!!!

#40re: GO LaCHANZE !!!
Posted: 6/11/06 at 11:38pm

"diva from hell wackjack??? i disagree. patti is amazingly talented, and definitely deserved the tony for her lovett. lachanze is talented but has a way to go until she reaches lupone."

I'm sure LaChanze will never become another Lupone. She's too nice.

Ebonic_Singer
#41re: GO LaCHANZE !!!
Posted: 6/11/06 at 11:39pm

Hahahaha. Mmmmmm. Fighting.

jaesdare Profile Photo
jaesdare
#42re: GO LaCHANZE !!!
Posted: 6/11/06 at 11:43pm

i flipped out when lachanze won...she was glorious and fabulous and stupendous- and made me and the rest of the audience during the color purple cry...underdog into topdog...woohoo for lachanze, congratulations

pushdabutton Profile Photo
pushdabutton
#43re: GO LaCHANZE !!!
Posted: 6/11/06 at 11:45pm

Well deserved. I am so happy LaChanze won!

inlovewithjerryherman Profile Photo
inlovewithjerryherman
#44re: GO LaCHANZE !!!
Posted: 6/11/06 at 11:45pm

VERY happy for LaChanze...VERY.

Derangedactor
#45re: GO LaCHANZE !!!
Posted: 6/11/06 at 11:46pm

Well Patti Lupone butchered the role of Mrs. Lovett

She should just stay with doing Evita until she dies

She's amazing dont get me wrong

But Patti is not Mrs. Lovett
Updated On: 6/12/06 at 11:46 PM

Derangedactor
#46re: GO LaCHANZE !!!
Posted: 6/11/06 at 11:48pm

And LaChanze's Husband died in 9/11 while she was at home with their newborn child..
she's AMAZING.
SERIOUSLY.
MY GOSH.
She puts so much passion into her singing
idk why people just dont see that..
Updated On: 6/12/06 at 11:48 PM

bigrab1018 Profile Photo
bigrab1018
#47re: GO LaCHANZE !!!
Posted: 6/12/06 at 12:13am

i literally jumped off of my couch and jumped around the room when her name was called. I'm so excited and happy for her!

"Billy, put down that phylactery...we're Episcopalian." - Spelling Bee

Theatreboy49 Profile Photo
Theatreboy49
#48re: GO LaCHANZE !!!
Posted: 6/12/06 at 12:16am

Though she is very taleneted she bought her tony. shell bve the next guest on oprah and im sure was paid wuite a bit to thank oprah at the very end. she bought that tony and pati was screwed.

<------ Me and my friends with patti Lupone at my friends afterparty for her concert with audra mcdonald during the summer of 2007.
"I am sorry but it is an unjust world and virtue is only triumphant in theatricle performances" The Mikado

aspiringactress Profile Photo
aspiringactress
#49re: GO LaCHANZE !!!
Posted: 6/12/06 at 12:21am

This is the one acting awars Sweeney didn't win that I'm okay with. My preference was Patti, but I'm okay with LaChanze. What a voice.

"We don't value the lily less for not being made of flint and built to last. Life's bounty is in it's flow, later is too late. Where is the song when it's been sung, the dance when it's been danced? It's only we humans who want to own the future too." - Tom Stoppard, Shipwreck

Videos