News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Best Elphaba

2blocksfrombway Profile Photo
2blocksfrombway
#25re: Best Elphaba
Posted: 4/5/07 at 1:26pm

Ana Gastyer

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#26re: Best Elphaba
Posted: 4/5/07 at 1:30pm

2 simple words: Austin Miller

gumbo2 Profile Photo
gumbo2
#27re: Best Elphaba
Posted: 4/5/07 at 1:41pm

I've only seen Shoshana in the role, and I thought she was kinda weird and not that great. Does that count as a negative 1/2 point?

raphael06 Profile Photo
raphael06
#28re: Best Elphaba
Posted: 4/5/07 at 2:43pm

Julia Murney-I thought that she understood the character on deeper levels then the other girls.

"I chose and my world was shaken. So what? The choice may have been mistaken. The choosing was not."-Sunday in the Park with George

FutureAladdinOnB'Way
#29re: Best Elphaba
Posted: 4/5/07 at 2:53pm

Idina Menzel!!!

HoshiForever Profile Photo
HoshiForever
#30re: Best Elphaba
Posted: 4/5/07 at 2:54pm

Kristy. Cates.

With Kerry a very close second

lesmisforever Profile Photo
lesmisforever
#31re: Best Elphaba
Posted: 4/5/07 at 3:06pm

Julia Murney

"I have a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell!"

Elphaba3 Profile Photo
Elphaba3
#32re: Best Elphaba
Posted: 4/5/07 at 3:07pm

Idina Menzel

theaterdude87 Profile Photo
theaterdude87
#33re: Best Elphaba
Posted: 4/5/07 at 3:28pm

When I saw Austin do Elphie in the sit-down Dallas, Texas Production he was good, but then he mahorly cracked on NGD...I was like wtf. He also gave sexy eyes to the lion when they killed it.

for fierce, fabulous and fun times visit eric mathew's world. http://ericmathew.blogspot.com/

alliez92092 Profile Photo
alliez92092
#34re: Best Elphaba
Posted: 4/5/07 at 3:36pm

Julia Murney hands down.

vmlinnie
#35re: Best Elphaba
Posted: 4/5/07 at 3:44pm

JULIA MURNEY IS WINNING:

8 JULIA MURNEY
7 IDINA MENZEL
4 ANA GASTEYER
2 STEPHANIE J. BLOCK
2 SHOSHANA BEAN
1 EDEN ESPINOSA
1 KRISTY CATES
0 DEE ROSCIOLI
0 VICTORIA MATLOCK
0 KERRY ELLIS

The rain we knew is a thing of the past -
deep-delving, dark, deliberate you would say
browsing on spire and bogland; but today
our sky-blue slates are steaming in the sun,
our yachts tinkling and dancing in the bay
like racehorses. We contemplate at last
shining windows, a future forbidden to no one.

Derek Mahon

"Maybe all one can do is hope to end up with the right regrets."

Arthur Miller

wickedmenzel318 Profile Photo
wickedmenzel318
#36re: Best Elphaba
Posted: 4/5/07 at 3:45pm

My fav without a doubt is SJB
then idina, sho, victoria, coleen, maria, then jenna

NYC4Life Profile Photo
NYC4Life
#37re: Best Elphaba
Posted: 4/5/07 at 3:49pm

Idina Menzel

GretchaSketh
#38re: Best Elphaba
Posted: 4/5/07 at 3:52pm

Block

What is your dream role?
My dream role would be to be myself. To be performing at the Hollywood Bowl and to have an audience there just to see me, as Stephanie. They are there because they like what I do as a singer, an artist and a person (the last being the most important). I enjoy escaping and portraying other characters, but to be accepted and wanted as yourself... that's amazing! --Stephanie J. Block Just one of the many reasons I admire and respect Stephanie!!

D2 Profile Photo
D2
#39re: Best Elphaba
Posted: 4/5/07 at 3:52pm

The best Elphaba hasn't been born yet.

Cheyenne Jackson tickled me. AFTER ordering SoMMS a drink but NOT tickling him, and hanging out with Girly in his dressing room (where he DIDN'T tickle her) but BEFORE we got married. To others. And then he tweeted Boobs. He also tweeted he's good friends with some chick on "The Voice" who just happens to be good friends with Tink's ex. And I'm still married. Oh, and this just in: "Pettiness, spite, malice ....Such ugly emotions... So sad." - After Eight, talking about MEEEEEEEE!!! I'm so honored! :-)

bardolator
#40re: Best Elphaba
Posted: 4/5/07 at 3:54pm

Stephanie J. Block; she has a depth and a, well, "darkness," to her voice that I think fits Elphaba's personality very well. Though she did a wonderful job in the first act, it was as the adult Elphaba, in Act II, that I really think she came into her own (especially in "No Good Deed"--dear LORD but she scared me at one point in that song...and then broke my heart the next moment).

vmlinnie
#41re: Best Elphaba
Posted: 4/5/07 at 3:59pm

Very off topic, but -

bardolator, surely the O'Malley Family motto in your sig should be Irish, not Latin. ? ? ?

The rain we knew is a thing of the past -
deep-delving, dark, deliberate you would say
browsing on spire and bogland; but today
our sky-blue slates are steaming in the sun,
our yachts tinkling and dancing in the bay
like racehorses. We contemplate at last
shining windows, a future forbidden to no one.

Derek Mahon

"Maybe all one can do is hope to end up with the right regrets."

Arthur Miller

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#42re: Best Elphaba
Posted: 4/5/07 at 4:01pm

I believe Suri Cruise will go down in history as the best Elphaba.

Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson

pinkyhip
#43re: Best Elphaba
Posted: 4/5/07 at 4:02pm

Julia Murney - shows the best depth as an actress playing this role and her singing is amazing (we knew that!)

chelle08
#44re: Best Elphaba
Posted: 4/5/07 at 4:05pm

Roscioli. She makes all the vocals seem absolutely effortless -- she's the only Elphaba that can nail the end of "Defying Gravity" without having to search around for the notes. It's just there. And that's how all of her vocals are. She also plays a very mysterious and lost-in-her-own-brain Elphaba, which is so accurate to Maguire's character.

glimpseofstocking Profile Photo
glimpseofstocking
#45re: Best Elphaba
Posted: 4/5/07 at 4:06pm

Julia Murney, closely followed by Idina

There wouldn't be lights bright enough!

FallintoLight Profile Photo
FallintoLight
#46re: Best Elphaba
Posted: 4/5/07 at 4:08pm

vmlinnie- I think it makes more sense if you see the show.

D2 Profile Photo
D2
#47re: Best Elphaba
Posted: 4/5/07 at 4:09pm

Margaret Hamilton

Cheyenne Jackson tickled me. AFTER ordering SoMMS a drink but NOT tickling him, and hanging out with Girly in his dressing room (where he DIDN'T tickle her) but BEFORE we got married. To others. And then he tweeted Boobs. He also tweeted he's good friends with some chick on "The Voice" who just happens to be good friends with Tink's ex. And I'm still married. Oh, and this just in: "Pettiness, spite, malice ....Such ugly emotions... So sad." - After Eight, talking about MEEEEEEEE!!! I'm so honored! :-)

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#48re: Best Elphaba
Posted: 4/5/07 at 4:12pm

Vanessa Williams

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

D2 Profile Photo
D2
#49re: Best Elphaba
Posted: 4/5/07 at 4:24pm

Nathan Lane

Videos