Annaleigh in Wicked

maya5892 Profile Photo
maya5892
#25re: Annaleigh in Wicked
Posted: 10/26/07 at 5:54pm

Oh, also: To everyone here who thinks they're fake...what are you talking about? They look real. It's just the quality of lighting.

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#26re: Annaleigh in Wicked
Posted: 10/26/07 at 5:58pm

I doubt the one of Stephanie is fake as I'm sure they have plenty of publicity photographs of her in costume from when the tour first started.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

caitlinette Profile Photo
caitlinette
#27re: Annaleigh in Wicked
Posted: 10/26/07 at 6:31pm

Yeah, Annaleigh's skin is like a Barbie. It's smoothed with that odd tint to it that screams Photoshop.

wicked91 Profile Photo
wicked91
#28re: Annaleigh in Wicked
Posted: 10/26/07 at 8:43pm

I don't see the big deal about Glindas costume being made from cheaper fabric than the OBC. I mean they all look fine from the audience. The only time it looks funky is in the really up close pics.

i_love_megan
#30re: Annaleigh in Wicked
Posted: 10/26/07 at 10:27pm

honestly, why would the producers and photographers and marketing ppl take the time to meticulously photoshop an head.outh/eyebrow etc..into someone elses body. WHEN they could much more easily take a freaking picture!! i think everyone is jealous on how amazing they look just let it be besides, it is sort of a fairytale esque show so maybe they were trying to go for that its like saying the legally blonde pic isnt real of course it is but its made too look cartoonishy

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#31re: Annaleigh in Wicked
Posted: 10/26/07 at 10:31pm

The issue is not that they used airbrushing to cover up any of Annaleigh's flaws, melody2.

What is being pointed out is the fact that the production team superimposed her face onto the body of another actress and then overused airbrushing to blend the two to appear as one.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.
Updated On: 10/26/07 at 10:31 PM

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#32re: Annaleigh in Wicked
Posted: 10/26/07 at 10:37pm

The picture definitely looks airbrushed.

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

Popular Profile Photo
Popular
#32re: Annaleigh in Wicked
Posted: 10/26/07 at 10:37pm

Don't worry, Melody... I get your point. Sometimes it's best to just roll your eyes at the screen and then walk away. LOL

By, the way, from what I've heard that's not LBB's body in the LB poster. Purposely done that way to make it easier to digitally switch faces once her replacement steps in. I could be wrong but I wouldn't be surprised... and I don't see what the big deal is for doing so.

Hatchet-Face Profile Photo
Hatchet-Face
#34re: Annaleigh in Wicked
Posted: 10/26/07 at 10:42pm

That picture definitly is not a drawing, it is a photograph that was severely airbrushed.

thejcm Profile Photo
thejcm
#36re: Annaleigh in Wicked
Posted: 10/26/07 at 11:28pm

I google-image searched a bunch of various Glindas I knew off the top of my head and to me it definitely looks like the body of Kendra Kassebaum. Comparing the two pictures, the wigs look almost identical, as do the arms and the torso.

"Who says you can't bend over backwards and eat bugs if you want to? I guess the bugs would probably say you can't do that that, but assuming that they are willing and consenting bugs, then there's no problem. Let's wig out eating bugs." -RuPaul

futurenala Profile Photo
futurenala
#37re: Annaleigh in Wicked
Posted: 10/26/07 at 11:41pm

That does look a lot like Kendra Kassebaum's body.

"Robin De Jesus has issues"~ JANET DACAL "Yeah, and that's putting it lightly"~ ANDREA BURNS "If you watched CBS on June 15th , I was nominated for a Tony... And I was in Camp"~ ROBIN DE JESUS "...but I ^&#$@*% made you believe I was Italian!"~MATTHEW MORRISON http://legallybrownonbroadway.com/

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#38re: Annaleigh in Wicked
Posted: 10/26/07 at 11:44pm

Dumb to compare the LEGALLY BLONDE logo with this painting/photo.

The LEGALLY BLONDE logo is an illustration. A CARTOON!

This is supposed to be a 'real' photograph of a human being. Its been manipulated so much it looks like a damn painting of the actual person. That's all we're mentioning. We're not ripping the poor actress apart because of her looks.

A nice crisp photo of the actress in her costume would have been nicely welcomed instead of this 'thing' they released.

Craww
#39re: Annaleigh in Wicked
Posted: 10/26/07 at 11:51pm

The problem really isn't that it was overly airbrushed. That hyperperfect glossy look tends to suit shows like this. The problem is that they did an absolutely terrible job of it.

I can't tell if it's a headswap or just a terrible angle, but it really does look like a headswap. Keep in mind that just because it's a headswap doesn't mean it's not her body. It happens quite often that they do a bunch of photos of someone and do headswaps because they like the face on one and the body on the other. If that's the case here it's just...indicative of the lack of good taste or talent on the part of the graphic designer.

The way they lightened it is also hideous, on both pictures. Like they did it with a dodge brush or some harsh light filter.

Becoz_i_knew_you21 Profile Photo
Becoz_i_knew_you21
#40re: Annaleigh in Wicked
Posted: 10/27/07 at 1:02am

re: Annaleigh in Wicked

Annaleigh's face, for whatever reason was definitely photoshopped onto Kendra Kassebaum's body. In Annaleigh's photo, the angle of the face and neck doesn't match which makes the photoshopping more obvious.

EDIT: I am not saying the exact picture I posted is the one that was used, but that picture of Kendra really jumped out to me as being almost too similar to Annaleigh's. Updated On: 10/27/07 at 01:02 AM

Hatchet-Face Profile Photo
Hatchet-Face
#41re: Annaleigh in Wicked
Posted: 10/27/07 at 2:03am

Annaleigh's head was not placed onto Kendra's body...

If you look at the pictures of Kendra you can see that her grip on the wand is different than Annaleigh.

thejcm Profile Photo
thejcm
#42re: Annaleigh in Wicked
Posted: 10/27/07 at 2:13am

No one ever said it was her body from that picture. I've never seen a picture of any Glinda in that pose, however it could just be from an outtake or something.

"Who says you can't bend over backwards and eat bugs if you want to? I guess the bugs would probably say you can't do that that, but assuming that they are willing and consenting bugs, then there's no problem. Let's wig out eating bugs." -RuPaul

FinalDestination Profile Photo
FinalDestination
#43re: Annaleigh in Wicked
Posted: 10/27/07 at 2:51am

In responce to TWSFan4Ever, Annaleigh is contracted until next July, I believe. Don't quote me. You know how unreliable certain places online are.

"That's a good point. Next time I pee on a Starbucks couch and throw straws and napkins at a barista, I'll just yell, "YOU DON'T KNOW ME OUTSIDE OF STARBUCKS! YOU DON'T KNOW ME AT ALL!" and that should do it. "-LizzieCurry

Flaunt It
#44re: Annaleigh in Wicked
Posted: 10/27/07 at 7:17am

The angle of the head and chin do not match the angle of the body.

It looks like she has a broken spine. I would assume that they had a photo session and either liked one face and one body and tried to mix them but it is just slightly off. OR they tried to have her look slimmer by photo shopping in some shaddow on the neck... but again.. it maked her spine look out of joint.

TWSFan4Ever Profile Photo
TWSFan4Ever
#45re: Annaleigh in Wicked
Posted: 10/27/07 at 8:06am

Thank you, FinalDestination!

rosscoe(au) Profile Photo
rosscoe(au)
#46re: Annaleigh in Wicked
Posted: 10/27/07 at 8:34am

"Most likely they can't photograph during the show at this point with the houses being full"

What does one say to that?

Well I didn't want to get into it, but he's a Satanist. Every full moon he sacrifices 4 puppies to the Dark Lord and smears their blood on his paino. This should help you understand the score for Wicked a little bit more. Tazber's: Reply to Is Stephen Schwartz a Practicing Christian

BroadwayPenguin2
#47re: Annaleigh in Wicked
Posted: 10/27/07 at 11:00am

[i]"Most likely they can't photograph during the show at this point with the houses being full" [/i]

... It's called Photo Call...

Grand Motel Profile Photo
Grand Motel
#48re: Annaleigh in Wicked
Posted: 10/27/07 at 11:17am

It's pretty surreal to see the incredibly seething backlash that has occurred in such a short time with regards to Annaleigh Ashford. It's a production shot for Christsake. Do you think any picture any of you see is without some re-touching of some kind? And Broadwayfosse, I wasn't aware the LBB shot "was supposed to look like a cartoon" and am not quite sure where you got that info. But if we're going to nit-pick and mercilessly slam people, there's not one thing about the LBB poster that's "real". I'm seriously confused by the constant digs at this young girl, what gives?

*"any picture any of you see", does not pertain to photo-op's so let's not even go there, I'm strictly talking about these sort of shots, billboards, posters, pictures outside theaters, etc... Updated On: 10/27/07 at 11:17 AM

Flaunt It
#49re: Annaleigh in Wicked
Posted: 10/27/07 at 11:36am

People are commenting on the photo, not the subject.

Yes, every photo is retouched. However most are retouched well!
Updated On: 10/27/07 at 11:36 AM

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#50re: Annaleigh in Wicked
Posted: 10/27/07 at 11:36am

My bad. You're absolutely right -- that is indeed a real photo of Laura Bell Bundy used for the poster art of LEGALLY BLONDE: The Musical. It is definitely not a cartoon/illustration as I originally implied.

I apparently confused it with this obvious cartoon/illustration of Laura Bell Bundy:

Becoz_i_knew_you21 Profile Photo
Becoz_i_knew_you21
#51re: Annaleigh in Wicked
Posted: 10/27/07 at 1:41pm

Talking about a photo that looks extremely fake is not a "backlash" against Annaleigh Ashford.

Videos