Backstage at a Show?

maya5892 Profile Photo
maya5892
#25re: Backstage at a Show?
Posted: 12/19/07 at 10:44pm

Really? That's awesome! Because to me it just seems weird, because what gives us the right to have that privilege? But if it works out then hey, why not re: Backstage at a Show?

yellibean2
#26re: Backstage at a Show?
Posted: 12/19/07 at 10:49pm

Spelling Bee in Boston with Jared Gertner. It was pretty awesome =D

jaimiecheno Profile Photo
jaimiecheno
#27re: Backstage at a Show?
Posted: 12/20/07 at 12:46am

Grey Gardens (and not with Maureen Moore, ha ha)
Phantom of the Opera (worked there)
The Apple Tree (knew someone)

I worked at LRPAC in Southern NJ for two summers so I always got to be backstage and meet fun people. :)

I also went backstage at a Christine Ebersole concert but that was in Kentucky.

Its fun....getting that taste of what behind the scenes is like is really exciting for me!

Subtle...but sassy! www.the8thavenueobserver.com

bigbigbill Profile Photo
bigbigbill
#28re: Backstage at a Show?
Posted: 12/20/07 at 1:19am

PlayhouseBeauty, is your cousin Joby Horrigan? She took me backstage too!

I also went backstage at the Grinch last year which was at the Hilton, where Young Frankenstein is now. My friends who I went with go to church with Jan Neuberger, who plays Grandma Who.

I went backstage to two Sutton Foster shows. Essentially.

carymetorent2 Profile Photo
carymetorent2
#29re: Backstage at a Show?
Posted: 12/20/07 at 1:46am

I've been backstage at a few shows, but the one I enjoyed most was when I got to take my mom back with me at Blonde and she was so impressed with everything. Its pretty cool standing on the Palace stage and looking out though.....that theatre looks so huge from the stage!

"Less Of A Marilyn, More Of A Jackie" www.richardhblake.com

TheActr97J Profile Photo
TheActr97J
#30re: Backstage at a Show?
Posted: 12/20/07 at 4:13am

SpamAlot and Curtains with John Bolton and The Wedding Singer with Tina Maddigan. I guess I've seen a lot of the Hirschfeld. The best parts were getting to climb up on the SpamAlot sets and meeting Karen Ziemba in her dressing room at Curtains.

I have some pictures from all of these visits in my fan photos.

"I seem to have wandered into the BRAIN load-out thread... "
-best12bars

"Sorry I am a Theatre major not a English Major"
-skibumb5290

lightguy06222
#31re: Backstage at a Show?
Posted: 12/20/07 at 4:31am

I am a student studying lighting design, and after seeing YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN last week, i asked the master electrican(the one sitting at the light board) if he minded showing me around. Told him I was a lighting design student from toronto here in the city to see shows and such. He was MORE than happy to give me the tour, and showed me the entire backstage area, how everything moved, the trap room under the stage, the lighting repair room, the CO2 tank room, and the whole backstage area...

I didnt know anyone, and i got the full deal... never hurts to ask and be friendly!!!

lightguy06222
#32re: Backstage at a Show?
Posted: 12/20/07 at 4:31am

oops... double post

Updated On: 12/22/07 at 04:31 AM

Marianne Profile Photo
Marianne
#33re: Backstage at a Show?
Posted: 12/20/07 at 8:24am

My friends and I got backstage at Les Mis without having friends or family in the cast--we go to see it practically every week and the cast members recognize us by now and chat sometimes at the stage door. We try not to be pushy annoying fans, so I doubt we'd ever have asked, but eventually someone offered to take us backstage. (Well, eventually someone said, "So obviously you've had the backstage tour and everything," and we said, "Well actually...")

It was really neat. We did get to see the space where the barricade is operated, as well as the trapdoor, the Rue Plumet gate, the National Guard dummies for Gavroche's death, and a whole bunch of props. And the barricade itself. I would've been happy just to touch it, but the cast member giving us the tour insisted on taking pictures for us while we climbed on it, struck revolutionary poses, and "died" dramatically.

scot Profile Photo
scot
#34re: Backstage at a Show?
Posted: 12/20/07 at 11:17am

I made out backstage with
someone at Spelling Bee on
B'way.

No joke!

re: Backstage at a Show?

kikki327 Profile Photo
kikki327
#35re: Backstage at a Show?
Posted: 12/20/07 at 12:09pm

I went backstage at Movin' Out with Scott Wise. My mom told him how much I loved his wife Elizabeth Parkinson, and he took me backstage to meet her...it was the most incredible thing ever!!

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#36re: Backstage at a Show?
Posted: 12/20/07 at 12:12pm

Going backstage for a tour and being backstage during the actual show are very different things. If you have been lucky enough to be there during the show it's a great experience.

Perfectly Marvelous Profile Photo
Perfectly Marvelous
#37re: Backstage at a Show?
Posted: 12/20/07 at 3:02pm

I've been fortunate enough to work backstage (not on Broadway, but in regional theatre). It's exciting, and I got to meet Sally Struthers during Hello, Dolly! Fun times.

"I am and always will be the optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes and dreamer of improbable dreams." - Doctor Who

"Yes, the brutalities of progress are called revolutions. When they are over, men recognize that the human race has been harshly treated but it has moved forward." - Les Miserables

WaltSummersPI Profile Photo
WaltSummersPI
#38re: Backstage at a Show?
Posted: 12/21/07 at 3:11pm

Grey Gardens, Wicked, Blonde

Kelly2 Profile Photo
Kelly2
#39re: Backstage at a Show?
Posted: 12/21/07 at 3:54pm

I've been backstage at a couple shows, but two experiences definitely stick out. The first was being backstage at High Fidelity. The set was so neat, and seeing all of the smaller props and getting to be in Rob's record store and everything was just so much fun, I was one of the few people here who genuinely loved that show, so it was fantastic to get a closer look. Going backstage at Legally Blonde on my birthday was also incredible. A friend of mine arranged for Nikki Snelson to show all of us around backstage after seeing the show, and we got to take a picture on the actual stage and everything. It was a lot of fun. :)

"Get mad, then get over it." - Colin Powell

PlayhouseBeauty Profile Photo
PlayhouseBeauty
#40re: Backstage at a Show?
Posted: 12/23/07 at 11:49pm

BigBigBill,

No my cousin isn't Joby...but I have met her on several occasions and she is just the nicest person ever...The first time i met her she gave me and my friend an 8x10 of Idina Menzel that was signed by Idina...We were soo freaking excited...My cousin is the Wardrobe coordinator on the drowsy chaperone

BroadwayPenguin2
#41re: Backstage at a Show?
Posted: 12/24/07 at 1:23am

I work at a touring theatre, so being backstage during a Broadway tour isn't really a huge deal.

It's all about who you know, really.

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#42re: Backstage at a Show?
Posted: 12/24/07 at 1:53am

I went backstage of Phantom with Jenifer Hope Wills.

It was intersting to see that the Majestic despite housing a huge show like Phantom is not that big a theatre. Almost everything is hanging seaneary sp? or folds up really really small.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

Videos