pixeltracker

Seasons of Love on American Idol- Page 2

Seasons of Love on American Idol

JerseyGirl2 Profile Photo
JerseyGirl2
#25re: Seasons of Love on American Idol
Posted: 4/9/08 at 11:50pm

Yes, that made Jesus cry.

Pretty pretty please don't you ever ever feel like you're less than f**ckin' perfect!

dalefully Profile Photo
dalefully
#26re: Seasons of Love on American Idol
Posted: 4/9/08 at 11:51pm

I love how everyone's acting as if the song is just too precious to be sung on American Idol. I mean, do you know how many middle school choirs sing it every year? Plus, it's not exactly what I'd call the be-all, end-all song to musical theatre.

LePetiteFromage
Posted: 4/9/08 at 11:57pm

Updated On: 5/6/09 at 11:57 PM

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#28re: Seasons of Love on American Idol
Posted: 4/9/08 at 11:58pm

That was awful.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

LePetiteFromage
Posted: 4/10/08 at 12:09am

Updated On: 5/6/09 at 12:09 AM

caitlinette Profile Photo
caitlinette
#30re: Seasons of Love on American Idol
Posted: 4/10/08 at 12:21am

That was pretty awful. Kind of silly to feature a song which has great meaning in the lyrics on a show that's concerned with impressing people with sustained notes rather than moving people.

sesot Profile Photo
sesot
#31re: Seasons of Love on American Idol
Posted: 4/10/08 at 12:25am

The show was aiming to move people (Idol Gives Back), which is why they probably selected Seasons Of Love. They just didn't pull it off well. Kristy was off key from the get go. They sounded better when the choir joined them. They should not have given Kristy a solo in that song.

LePetiteFromage
Posted: 4/10/08 at 12:26am

Updated On: 5/6/09 at 12:26 AM

Kasie Profile Photo
Kasie
#33re: Seasons of Love on American Idol
Posted: 4/10/08 at 12:27am

That was embarrassing...

although the choir did pretty well.

jsg03jd Profile Photo
jsg03jd
#34re: Seasons of Love on American Idol
Posted: 4/10/08 at 12:32am

The Top 8 should have stuck with Rihanna and just left RENT well enough alone. Blecch.

LePetiteFromage
Posted: 4/10/08 at 12:45am

Updated On: 5/6/09 at 12:45 AM

Mythus
#36re: Seasons of Love on American Idol
Posted: 4/10/08 at 1:03am

I love how everyone's acting as if the song is just too precious to be sung on American Idol.

No...we're all talking about how terrible the performance was. Maybe you're thinking of a different thread.

Craww
#37re: Seasons of Love on American Idol
Posted: 4/10/08 at 1:50am

The mix sounded all wrong, like they initially had Kristy Lee Cook's mic up louder in anticipation of her having the first solo. Which was, of course, awful.

Too bad. It's really a perfect song for an event like that.

LePetiteFromage
Posted: 4/10/08 at 1:53am

Updated On: 5/6/09 at 01:53 AM

viola13
#39re: Seasons of Love on American Idol
Posted: 4/10/08 at 1:55am

If anyone missed it/can't find it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vq1sd6HTyRw

bwaylvsong
#40re: Seasons of Love on American Idol
Posted: 4/10/08 at 2:55am

It wasn't THAT bad. Someone was just out of her range in the beginning, and her mic happened to be the loudest. All of the solos sounded fine to me, but then again I'm not a Renthead.

StickToPriest Profile Photo
StickToPriest
#41re: Seasons of Love on American Idol
Posted: 4/10/08 at 3:00am

"it's a shame that they staged it in such a Barbershop Quartet/Piano bar way. There's energy to that song which inspires movement."

what are you talking about? In the Broadway staging all they do is stand in a line on the edge of the stage. No movement whatsoever.

"One no longer loves one's insight enough once one communicates it."

The opposite of creation isn't war, it's stagnation.

LePetiteFromage
Posted: 4/10/08 at 3:05am

Updated On: 5/6/09 at 03:05 AM

nztheatreluva Profile Photo
nztheatreluva
#43re: Seasons of Love on American Idol
Posted: 4/10/08 at 4:08am

Urgh that was awful. The first part was terrible and then it improved a little but I realised that's just cause the choir joined in...

J'ai compris tous les mots, j'ai bien compris, merci.............

rowlinvale2 Profile Photo
rowlinvale2
#44re: Seasons of Love on American Idol
Posted: 4/10/08 at 5:22am

good god, i was cringing the whole time. trekkie, i DID notice they were saying "seasENS." it was annoying.

and i agree about the energy thing. i mean the lyrics are so... raw (i don't know what word iooking for) and really it does make you want to have some kind of movement. the clapping will suffice. they all just sat there and sang. i just felt like it lacked enthusiasm. they really should have had them moving a bit or clapping. that's what i thought.

it was just a very awkward performance overall.

Je veux vous frapper avec un poisson.

Kasie Profile Photo
Kasie
#45re: Seasons of Love on American Idol
Posted: 4/10/08 at 8:23am

Why the hell did they give Kristy that solo? She’s the worst of them all. And while I adore Jason, his voice didn’t seem right for that solo either. The only thing that was done right was David A. singing the solo towards the end…and he forgot the words, so it sucked anyway.
They should have just let David Cook, David A., and Michael Johns sing the whole song with the choir. The whole thing was just wrong in so many ways…

bleh.

Dancin Thru Life Profile Photo
Dancin Thru Life
#46re: Seasons of Love on American Idol
Posted: 4/10/08 at 8:28am

Agree.

The second it started I pinpointed Kristy's mic as being on WAYYYY too loud for her awful voice.
If She wasn't their only country music type, she never would have lasted this long. EWWWWWWWWW!

My guess is ther kids were just too worn down from an overactive week to make a decent showing last night. After all, they're only amateurs.

But that doesn't excuse the show's director!

P.S. Nice to see/hear the Heart (w/Fergie) number after many years!

"To love another person is to see the face of God!"
Updated On: 4/10/08 at 08:28 AM

NDR
#47re: Seasons of Love on American Idol
Posted: 4/10/08 at 8:58am

It was pretty bad.
Kristy's mic being on too loud for the whole thing was incredibly disturbing to the vocal mix and they all sang it as if they were the mechanical puppets onstage at Chuck E Cheese. People the song means so much in the context of the original show and in the context of the show they were performing it in. Show some love people just don't just sing the words of love.
The choir was good though.

littlechavela2 Profile Photo
littlechavela2
#48re: Seasons of Love on American Idol
Posted: 4/10/08 at 9:07am

My ears are bleeding...I haven't watched this season, which one sounds like Macy Grey? That was the only person I could hearre: Seasons of Love on American Idol.

Adam Chris Profile Photo
Adam Chris
#49re: Seasons of Love on American Idol
Posted: 4/10/08 at 9:25am

It's sad that the 8 contestants could not pull it off as an ensemble (when they are in singing competition!) The song only sounded good when the back-up singers joined in.

There is something wrong when 8 singers need back-up singers to sound decent.
Updated On: 4/10/08 at 09:25 AM

Videos