News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Beth Leavel to Join YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN?- Page 2

Beth Leavel to Join YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN?

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#25re: Beth Leavel to Join YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN?
Posted: 6/23/08 at 12:05pm

I wonder if Leavel agreed to work for cheap?

According to the Reidel article, they told the leads to either take a 50% paycut, or leave the cast. I can't imagine Bart, Hensley, or Fitzgerald would accept such a drastic paycut, considering two of them are Tony winners.

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#26re: Beth Leavel to Join YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN?
Posted: 6/23/08 at 12:06pm

All three of them have kids to support, so I'm sure they'll stick around even with the pay cut.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

Testing1232 Profile Photo
Testing1232
#27re: Beth Leavel to Join YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN?
Posted: 6/23/08 at 12:13pm

Now, if they could only get Douglas Sills to take over for Bart, it MIGHT be worth seeing again.

sondheimfan2 Profile Photo
sondheimfan2
#28re: Beth Leavel to Join YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN?
Posted: 6/23/08 at 12:15pm

Why, Beth, WHY?

South Fl Marc Profile Photo
South Fl Marc
#29Beth Leavel to Join a lousy show
Posted: 6/23/08 at 12:32pm

I love Beth Leavel - but I can't think of a single reason to see that mess of a show again.

meredithchandler73
#30re: Beth Leavel to Join YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN?
Posted: 6/23/08 at 12:40pm

I think Beth Leavel is a wonderful performer. I haven't seen YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN - it just doesn't look like something I'd really enjoy. But it saddens me to see some of these comments - as if replacing someone on Broadway is the death knell for a person's career. Once upon a time there were lots of new shows going up on Broadway. That number is not so big anymore. If Beth Leavel has a chance to be in a Broadway show and wants to take it then I say more power to her! I don't doubt there are Beth Leavel fans out there that will go to the show just to see her in it.

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#31Beth Leavel to Join a lousy show
Posted: 6/23/08 at 12:40pm

I'll definitely go back to see the show with Leavel...very odd casting but I'm sure she'll pull it off.

I have faith in her.

MovieGuy1031 Profile Photo
MovieGuy1031
#32Beth Leavel to Join YF
Posted: 6/23/08 at 12:41pm

I bet she'll be absolutely fantastic! I think Beth is the perfect choice.

Albeit, it is odd that she'd do a replacement role... but as someone said: "Girl's gotta eat!"

"The nice thing about the rain is that it always stops... eventually."

- Eeyore

MungoGypsy8232
#33Beth Leavel to Join YF
Posted: 6/23/08 at 1:14pm

I'm excited, I think she'll be fantastic!

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#34Beth Leavel to Join YF
Posted: 6/23/08 at 1:28pm

It is one of the best roles in the show. Iconic. And Leavel with surely score with "He Was My Boyfriend". Perhaps, she could care less about career moves and just wants to play a great role where the show isn't on her shoulders.

Raspberry Profile Photo
Raspberry
#35Beth Leavel to Join YF
Posted: 6/23/08 at 1:36pm

I'll probably see the show a second time for Beth Leavel, but I wish she was taking over the Megan Mullally role. That would get me back to see the show a lot faster.

"I just want a story and a few good songs that will take me away. I just want to be entertained. I mean, isn't that the point?"

BwayBaby18 Profile Photo
BwayBaby18
#36Beth Leavel to Join YF
Posted: 6/23/08 at 5:16pm

Or maybe she is just killin' time till "Dancing in the Dark" finds its theatre?

I agree that i would love to see Leavel as Elizabeth.

mr.scribble Profile Photo
mr.scribble
#37Beth Leavel to Join YF
Posted: 6/23/08 at 5:52pm

no she's too perfect for Frau

mr.scribble
#37Beth Leavel to Join YF
Posted: 6/23/08 at 5:52pm

no she's too perfect for Frau

StephenSondheimWHOO Profile Photo
StephenSondheimWHOO
#39Beth Leavel to Join YF
Posted: 6/23/08 at 6:30pm

Damn, that means she probably won't be doing Billy Elliot

ashbash1990 Profile Photo
ashbash1990
#40Beth Leavel to Join YF
Posted: 6/23/08 at 6:39pm

But it saddens me to see some of these comments - as if replacing someone on Broadway is the death knell for a person's career.

I think people mean that Young Frank. is a career killer...

What a night! I was in more laps than a napkin!

mr.scribble
#41Beth Leavel to Join YF
Posted: 6/23/08 at 6:43pm

Young Frankenstein isn't the best show but it's not as bad as everyone is making it out to be, and i definatly don't think it's a career killer, for an example Sutton Foster already has another leading role in Shrek

broadwaylove3
#42Beth Leavel to Join YF
Posted: 6/23/08 at 7:53pm

Beth Leavel will be AMAZING in anything that she will ever do. I think its good how she did the opposite of what everybody else thought and did somthing different. She is going to be FANTASTIC and I cant imagine how it would do anything bad to her career.

pc1145N2 Profile Photo
pc1145N2
#43Beth Leavel to Join YF
Posted: 6/23/08 at 9:17pm

I feel so sorry for Beth. She's too amazing a performer to be stuck in this truly bad show. She deserves better.

justafan2
#44Beth Leavel to Join YF
Posted: 6/23/08 at 9:18pm

I really like this show---and I just ordered tix to see (hopefully), both Beth and Megan (before she's scheduled to leave). I think Beth will make a great Frau B. (maybe they'll put a drink in her hand---she plays a great drunk!)

RentBoy86
#45Beth Leavel to Join YF
Posted: 6/24/08 at 12:29am

I'm sure she wouldn't have done it if she didn't want to. You guys are acting like she's been forced to do this show. It's her career. I'm sure she could do something else, but the fact is, it's a leading role in a well-known stage musical on Broadway.

mr.scribble
#46Beth Leavel to Join YF
Posted: 6/24/08 at 12:31am

hey andrea martin is doing the part she's a Broadway legend, well at least I think so

Dre2387 Profile Photo
Dre2387
#47Beth Leavel to Join YF
Posted: 6/24/08 at 12:51am

I'm sure she'll be great in it and it's possible that she won't be there for long before either Dancing In the Dark comes to Broadway or another show comes along that she'll be in.

<--- the set of A Midsummer Night's Dream that I was assistant stage manager for during the 2007 season at the STNJ outdoor stage.

-Dre-
You must remember all the same that at the crux of every game is knowing when it's time to leave the table... And it's important to be artful in your exit. No turning back, you must accept the con is done... It was a ball, it was a blast. And it's a shame it couldn't last. But every chapter has to end, you must agree.
~Dirty Rotten Scoundrels~

There's a special kind of people known as show people. We live in a world full of dreams. Sometimes we're not too certain what's false and what's real. But we're seldom in doubt about what we feel.
~Curtains~

It is a far, far better thing I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest I go to, than I have ever known.
~A Tale of Two Cities ~

miss pennywise Profile Photo
miss pennywise
#48Beth Leavel to Join YF
Posted: 6/24/08 at 3:38am

This is not a "career killer." It certainly makes ME want to see the show again.

I'm sure it's temporary. Beth is much "in-demand" these days.

"Be on your guard! Jerks on the loose!"

http://www.roches.com/television/ss83kod.html

"If any relationship involves a flow chart, get out of it...FAST!"

~ Best12Bars

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#49Beth Leavel to Join YF
Posted: 6/24/08 at 4:15am

Well, this most certainly means that Leavel is not going to be in BILLY ELLIOT as everybody else has stated. I do wonder how long she is contracted with the show though.
Although I prefer Andrea Martin, I do think that she will be a hoot in the show. Now if only the rest of the replacement cast were in the same caliber as Leavel...that would have been fantastic.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

Videos