pixeltracker

What's your favorite souvenir @ broadway shows? (and WHY?)- Page 2

What's your favorite souvenir @ broadway shows? (and WHY?)

EponineAmneris Profile Photo
EponineAmneris
#25re: What's your favorite souvenir @ broadway shows?
Posted: 7/29/08 at 7:03pm

The programs- i.e. the glossy picture book *lol* I also always keep the PLAYBILLS.

And tee shirts... but the "odd" tee shirts, not the ones with just the logos on them re: What's your favorite souvenir @ broadway shows?

"TO LOVE ANOTHER PERSON IS TO SEE THE FACE OF GOD"- LES MISERABLES--- "THERE'S A SPECIAL KIND OF PEOPLE KNOWN AS SHOW PEOPLE... WE'RE BORN EVERY NIGHT AT HALF HOUR CALL!"--- CURTAINS
Updated On: 8/1/08 at 07:03 PM

Patash Profile Photo
Patash
#26re: What's your favorite souvenir @ broadway shows?
Posted: 7/29/08 at 8:26pm

As a senior citizen type, it's hard to beat the "I'm not Dead Yet" t-shirt from Spamalot.
And I love by "Be Inspired" t-shirt from Billy Elliot (London).

bwbaby42 Profile Photo
bwbaby42
#27re: What's your favorite souvenir @ broadway shows?
Posted: 7/29/08 at 8:58pm

When you guys say "programs," it's referring to the souvenir book...right?

taylorPHENOMENON2 Profile Photo
taylorPHENOMENON2
#28re: What's your favorite souvenir @ broadway shows?
Posted: 7/29/08 at 9:08pm

I usually ALWAYS buy a shirt. Unless they don't have one I like, like Gypsy.

I am also a big key chain fan.

Gary Indiana
#29re: What's your favorite souvenir @ broadway shows?
Posted: 7/29/08 at 9:08pm

I always get a poster since I get them signed and frame them. I also love getting Christmas ornaments, but there aren't many shows that sell those.

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#30re: What's your favorite souvenir @ broadway shows?
Posted: 7/29/08 at 9:15pm

At least for me, yes. Programs means the things you pay for. Playbills are free.

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

Kev14 Profile Photo
Kev14
#31re: What's your favorite souvenir @ broadway shows?
Posted: 7/29/08 at 11:46pm

bwbaby- the souvenir program is what we are talking about when we talk about 'programs' (At least for me anyway)

Upcoming Shows: Quilters, A Bronx Tale, August: Osage County, Wicked, Spring Awakening, Little House on the Prairie

Select a Member Name Profile Photo
Select a Member Name
#32re: What's your favorite souvenir @ broadway shows?
Posted: 7/29/08 at 11:56pm

I get the poster, then get the cast to sign it at the stage door. And I frame it and put it up on my wall.

"You have two kinds of shows on Broadway – revivals and the same kind of musicals over and over again, all spectacles. You get your tickets for The Lion King a year in advance, and essentially a family... pass on to their children the idea that that's what the theater is – a spectacular musical you see once a year, a stage version of a movie. It has nothing to do with theater at all. It has to do with seeing what is familiar.... I don't think the theatre will die per se, but it's never going to be what it was.... It's a tourist attraction." Stephen Sondheim

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#33re: What's your favorite souvenir @ broadway shows?
Posted: 7/30/08 at 1:04am

Magnets. I collect all kind. And t-shirts, if I like them. I HAD to have the Sweeney revival t-shirt and I don't wear it much because of the looks I get! I wear it on Halloween instead of a costume!

Just give the world Love.

bwaychae5192 Profile Photo
bwaychae5192
#34re: What's your favorite souvenir @ broadway shows?
Posted: 7/30/08 at 1:48am

I'm a t-shirt person. Thank goodness I'm back in public school and I can wear them every day.

Every living soul has got a voice - you've got to give it room and let it sing.

ashbash1990 Profile Photo
ashbash1990
#35re: What's your favorite souvenir @ broadway shows?
Posted: 7/30/08 at 3:04am

I like programs and t-shirts. The thing is, I really hate paying like $30 for a crappy shirt that I never wear.

What a night! I was in more laps than a napkin!

artsed123
#36re: What's your favorite souvenir @ broadway shows?
Posted: 8/1/08 at 3:18am

If you had to choose between a poster and a souvenir program, which would you choose?

ashbash1990 Profile Photo
ashbash1990
#37re: What's your favorite souvenir @ broadway shows?
Posted: 8/1/08 at 4:02am

Program... I love to look through my program and be reminded of moments from the show. I also like to read the comments from the creative team.

What a night! I was in more laps than a napkin!

[tos]fan999 Profile Photo
[tos]fan999
#38re: What's your favorite souvenir @ broadway shows?
Posted: 8/1/08 at 4:52am

My personal favorite souvenir that I have is the stuffed monkey from The Drowsy Chaperone.
I usually for weird stuff like that. And the shirts.

Although I'm still kicking myself for not ordering the Spring Awakening messenger bag from their online store.
Does anyone know where I can find one?
I've searched eBay, but they don't have any.
And I emailed the store to ask if they were going to bring the bag back, but I never got an answer.

<-----Bernadette Peters and Alexander Hanson in A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC.

Send in the clowns...Send in the crowds!

"I prefer neurotic people. I like to hear rumblings beneath the surface."-Stephen Sondheim

scaryclowns223 Profile Photo
scaryclowns223
#39re: What's your favorite souvenir @ broadway shows?
Posted: 8/1/08 at 9:01am

I used to go for t shirts, but they got too damn expensive and they never seem to fit well. Now I'm assembling a window card collection- so I get those (which are only $10-$20) at most every show I enjoy.

legally_popular Profile Photo
legally_popular
#40re: What's your favorite souvenir @ broadway shows?
Posted: 8/1/08 at 9:34am

I never buy souvenirs at the theater and am happy with just my Playbill, but I love the souvenir books and want to start collecting those. I love looking through them. The window cards are nice, but I just don't have the room for them or anywhere to display them. And some of the shirts are cool, but I can't stand the thought of spending $35 on a t-shirt I'd hardly ever wear.

Broadwaynut81 Profile Photo
Broadwaynut81
#41re: What's your favorite souvenir @ broadway shows?
Posted: 8/1/08 at 1:11pm

I, like many, tended to buy T-shirts from every show. I stopped, though, because
a) I had so many they took up way too much space, and I never wore them...
b) Most show shirts are black and they tend to shrink when I wash them, so I try not to buy any that are that color (which leaves me very limited).

The only piece of clothing I purchased that I wear a lot is my "Wicked" hoodie I bought at the Gershwin 2 years ago... my favorite if you ask me.

I like to buy the souvenir books, and frame them if I get them signed.

artsed123
#42re: What's your favorite souvenir @ broadway shows?
Posted: 8/1/08 at 6:01pm

What's the best souvenir to get for "Little Mermaid"? I searched through their merchandise website but the expensive for some of the stuff are waaaay over priced.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#43re: What's your favorite souvenir @ broadway shows?
Posted: 8/1/08 at 6:14pm

I hope they are selling the monkey on the Drowsy tour. I want one. Saw them on the way into the show on B'Way and had no clue how they were connected tot he show. I wanted when when we were leaving but we couldn't get back to the stand to get one.

Just give the world Love.

fvalle24
#44re: What's your favorite souvenir @ broadway shows?
Posted: 8/1/08 at 6:48pm

I like posters but they are expensive sometimes. I actually went to Triton Gallery and bought about 8 posters for 8 bucks each!

25th Annual Speller Profile Photo
25th Annual Speller
#45re: What's your favorite souvenir @ broadway shows?
Posted: 8/1/08 at 11:40pm

I get a shirt from every show I see. They are the only shirts I own now. I have sooooo many, and I love them all.

"I've had a lot of failed relationships, I don't get involved because I'm not equipped. I believe that the world should revolve around me"

The White Half-Mask Profile Photo
The White Half-Mask
#46re: What's your favorite souvenir @ broadway shows?
Posted: 8/2/08 at 2:58am

Usually I pick up a souvenir program, t-shirt, or cast recording.

Videos