pixeltracker

CLOSE HAIRSPRAY NOW PLEASE!!!!!!!!!- Page 2

CLOSE HAIRSPRAY NOW PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#25re: CLOSE HAIRSPRAY NOW PLEASE!!!!!!!!!
Posted: 10/16/08 at 10:55am

Wishing for a show to close means wishing people who the same show over and over will have nowhere to go. How DARE you!

Reginald Tresilian Profile Photo
Reginald Tresilian
#26re: CLOSE HAIRSPRAY NOW PLEASE!!!!!!!!!
Posted: 10/16/08 at 11:09am

I agree with Weez and co.

I bet if I searched, I could find posts from everyone one of the "How dare you wish a show to close" crowd saying they disliked a show.

As to long-running shows getting tired, I remember going with some out-of-town friends to see "Cats" really late in the run, and I was appalled. Not by the show, but by the behavior of the cast. They were clearly bored out of their minds. They could hardly be troubled to lift a foot (or paw) off the ground. They were cracking each other up and chatting ONSTAGE.

I was furious that I was wasting my time and money. If I could have fired every one of them on the spot, I would have.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#27re: CLOSE HAIRSPRAY NOW PLEASE!!!!!!!!!
Posted: 10/16/08 at 11:15am

George W. may lack the physical energy of other Ednas but he makes up for it in charm and the guy's never missed a show.

When I read that, I had this vision in my head of George W. Bush as Edna.

Fosse76
#28re: CLOSE HAIRSPRAY NOW PLEASE!!!!!!!!!
Posted: 10/16/08 at 11:25am

I agree 100% with Weez. The unemployment defense to keeping a show open is weaker than Sarah Palin's foreign policy experience.

"Foster, two things. One is don't call me hun. Second of all, I know that they said that they didn't want actors out of a job but they did say that the show is bad and thus they want it to close. When a show closes people are out of a job. So they were inadvertently saying that they wanted people to not have a job."

Under your logic, then, we shouldn't complain about sweatshops, since they provide jobs for people too.

kissynose
#29re: CLOSE HAIRSPRAY NOW PLEASE!!!!!!!!!
Posted: 10/16/08 at 11:56am

I'm sorry for starting this thread. I meant no disrespect to anyone. I just could not beleive the performance last night. Maybe because I remember what the show was in the beginning.

This show is all about the "camp" and I feel that the little things that make this show great and funny get lost through the years.

As for the unemployment issue---if that were the case Cats would still be running and there would be no new shows ever. How about everyone being concerned that great plays like Grey Gardens, Caroline, or Change, and Title of show having half the life they deserve.

vinnylin Profile Photo
vinnylin
#30re: CLOSE HAIRSPRAY NOW PLEASE!!!!!!!!!
Posted: 10/16/08 at 12:06pm

Would you keep open a restaurant that served bad food just so the chef and waiters can keep working? Would you keep open a clothing store that sells ugly clothes just to keep the designer and store employees employed?

That's not how the theater industry works, and from an economic standpoint it is backwards. The fact that the actors and crew of a particular show would not have jobs once the show closed (at least temporarily) is simply not an excuse for keeping a stale or bad show open. If the show stinks, let it close and let the people involved move on to new projects that contribute something to enhance the industry. That is better for the long-term health of theater, and a healthy industry means more work for everyone.

If you want to disagree with kissynose's assessment of the state of Hairspray, as some of you have, great. But talking about preventing unemployment is rather like saying that if you're against the Iraq war, you're against the troops. It misses the point, and it's not really fair to the original poster.

"This is wanting something, this is reaching for it, This is wishing that a moment would arrive. This is taking chances, this is almost touching, what the beauty is." --The Light in the Piazza

Reginald Tresilian Profile Photo
Reginald Tresilian
#31re: CLOSE HAIRSPRAY NOW PLEASE!!!!!!!!!
Posted: 10/16/08 at 12:08pm

Well said, Vinny.

And I'd like to go on record as saying that calling someone tw@t because you disagree with them, is, um, tw@tty.

Thesbijean
#32re: CLOSE HAIRSPRAY NOW PLEASE!!!!!!!!!
Posted: 10/16/08 at 12:19pm

How could you have seen the the show 2 times with 3 other casts?

gypsy4
#33re: CLOSE HAIRSPRAY NOW PLEASE!!!!!!!!!
Posted: 10/16/08 at 1:08pm

in a blog i read on harveys myspace it said that he is returning. but Hairspray has had a healthy run.

PiraguaGuy2
#34re: CLOSE HAIRSPRAY NOW PLEASE!!!!!!!!!
Posted: 10/16/08 at 3:17pm

I half agree with the restaraunt metaphor, but you have to remember that there's a difference between wanting a show to close and praying for it to close. There's no reason for that, unless one of the cast members murdered someone close to you.

Formerly SirNotAppearing - Joined 3/08

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#35re: CLOSE HAIRSPRAY NOW PLEASE!!!!!!!!!
Posted: 10/16/08 at 3:27pm

Campaign to keep Hairspray open.
LMM

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!

TheRyanOConnorShow
#36re: CLOSE HAIRSPRAY NOW PLEASE!!!!!!!!!
Posted: 10/16/08 at 4:49pm

Sometimes I just have to stop and tell you all how much fun it is to read your arguments! I adore all of you. Every last, caddy, bitchy one of you!!

Hahaha

Please visit my show and subscribe!! http://www.TheRyanOConnorshow.com

bdwaygirl Profile Photo
bdwaygirl
#37re: CLOSE HAIRSPRAY NOW PLEASE!!!!!!!!!
Posted: 10/16/08 at 4:51pm

Are they playing golf in Hairspray now? re: CLOSE HAIRSPRAY NOW PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

I hung out with Cheyenne Jackson in his dressing room waayyyyyy before he tickled D2.

"unleash the girly"

Our fingerprints don't fade from the lives we touch.

Puppies are babies in fur coats.

Tinfoil...The Terrorizing Terminator

D2 Profile Photo
D2
#38re: CLOSE HAIRSPRAY NOW PLEASE!!!!!!!!!
Posted: 10/16/08 at 4:54pm

Meow

Cheyenne Jackson tickled me. AFTER ordering SoMMS a drink but NOT tickling him, and hanging out with Girly in his dressing room (where he DIDN'T tickle her) but BEFORE we got married. To others. And then he tweeted Boobs. He also tweeted he's good friends with some chick on "The Voice" who just happens to be good friends with Tink's ex. And I'm still married. Oh, and this just in: "Pettiness, spite, malice ....Such ugly emotions... So sad." - After Eight, talking about MEEEEEEEE!!! I'm so honored! :-)

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#39re: CLOSE HAIRSPRAY NOW PLEASE!!!!!!!!!
Posted: 10/16/08 at 5:00pm

Is the RyanOShow related to the JoeyOshow?

Kalimba Profile Photo
Kalimba
#40re: CLOSE HAIRSPRAY NOW PLEASE!!!!!!!!!
Posted: 10/16/08 at 5:13pm

I guess I've been very lucky when I've seen Hairspray, but I will admit that a certain Dynamite looked like she couldn't have been more bored being in the show. She gives, "walking through" a new meaning. She's been like that the last three times I've seen it.

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#41re: CLOSE HAIRSPRAY NOW PLEASE!!!!!!!!!
Posted: 10/16/08 at 5:37pm

D2 .. I knew you would like that.

WishingOnlyWounds2
#42re: CLOSE HAIRSPRAY NOW PLEASE!!!!!!!!!
Posted: 10/16/08 at 5:48pm

Sometimes I just have to stop and tell you all how much fun it is to read your arguments! I adore all of you. Every last, caddy, bitchy one of you!!

Hahaha

Ahh, Ryan I just laughed out loud. I absolutely agree.

2008: Feb. 18- Rent, Feb. 19- Curtains, April 18- Xanadu, April 22- Wicked, April 26- Legally Blonde, May 31- Wicked, June 13- The Little Mermaid, June 28- Wicked and Young Frankenstein, July 2- The Little Mermaid, July 6- A Chorus Line and Legally Blonde, August 16- Xanadu, September 13- Legally Blonde and 13, September 28- Xanadu and Spring Awakening, Oct. 12-GYPSY and [title of show], Oct. 19- Hairspray & Legally Blonde, Nov. 9- Wicked and 13, Dec. 14-13, Dec. 26- Billy Elliot, 2009: Jan 1- Shrek, Jan 2- 13 and Wicked, Jan 4- 13, Feb 17- In The Heights, Feb 19- Billy Elliot, Feb 22- Sweeney Todd (tour), March 28- Mary Poppins, April 4- Mamma Mia!, April 15- Jersey Boys (on tour), April 25- next to normal & 9 to 5 May 1- Billy Elliot, May 3- Spelling Bee (tour), May 8- Chicago, May 21- Wicked, June 6- Everyday Rapture, June 23- The Wiz, June 25- Hair July 15- Shrek, August 9- Wicked, September 7- Rock of Ages, October 11- Next To Normal, October 23- The Marvelous Wonderettes, November 7- Ragtime November 29- Dreamgirls, December 25- Billy Elliot, December 30- Finian's Rainbow, 2010: January 9- Bye Bye Birdie, January 16- Memphis February 17- The Phantom of The Opera, February 18- God of Carnage, March 7- Billy Elliot, March 31- American Idiot

burnsy Profile Photo
burnsy
#43re: CLOSE HAIRSPRAY NOW PLEASE!!!!!!!!!
Posted: 10/16/08 at 5:49pm

Marissa Perry is horrendous. I've seen five different Tracys and she's definitely the worst. I don't understand why people love her so much.

DRSisLove Profile Photo
DRSisLove
#44re: CLOSE HAIRSPRAY NOW PLEASE!!!!!!!!!
Posted: 10/16/08 at 5:51pm

I saw it last Friday. It really wasn't that good, but many there loved it. I wouldn't go as far to say CLOSE IT NOW, but I can see why it is closing in the future.

StockardFan Profile Photo
StockardFan
#45re: CLOSE HAIRSPRAY NOW PLEASE!!!!!!!!!
Posted: 10/16/08 at 6:58pm

Dame, I didn't click that link, but if it's what I think it is, I'll say it again.....

You are obsessed. And I mean that in the most loving way! LOL!

KFTC!!!!!

JP2 Profile Photo
JP2
#46re: CLOSE HAIRSPRAY NOW PLEASE!!!!!!!!!
Posted: 10/16/08 at 7:13pm

burnsy. People love Marissa Perry because she's fantastic.

When I saw Hairspray in July and it was fantastic. The only cast changes since then have been Charlotte Crossley and Constantine Rousouli, so unless someone wants to tell me that Ashley Parker Angel was the glue that held that show together, I honestly can't see how the show has suddenly gone 'stale'.

Now if you want to talk about a stale show that needs to go.. *cough*Chicago*cough*

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#47re: CLOSE HAIRSPRAY NOW PLEASE!!!!!!!!!
Posted: 10/16/08 at 7:28pm

SF.. IT IS.

Dolly_Levi Profile Photo
Dolly_Levi
#48re: CLOSE HAIRSPRAY NOW PLEASE!!!!!!!!!
Posted: 10/16/08 at 7:52pm

Charlotte Crossley and Constantine Rousouli ...

Just saw them recently - thought both were GREAT!

Laughter is much more important than applause. Applause is almost a duty. Laughter is a reward. Carol Channing

JP2 Profile Photo
JP2
#49re: CLOSE HAIRSPRAY NOW PLEASE!!!!!!!!!
Posted: 10/16/08 at 7:57pm

"Just saw them recently - thought both were GREAT!"

My point exactly!

Videos