pixeltracker

Glory Days to Get Cast Recording- Page 2

Glory Days to Get Cast Recording

madlibrarian
#25re: Glory Days to Get Cast Recording
Posted: 6/18/09 at 4:06pm

But there IS an Imperfect Chemistry cast recording! I have it!

pli1018
#26re: Glory Days to Get Cast Recording
Posted: 6/18/09 at 5:44pm

This may sound very Bryan of me, but THIS gets a cast recording and Cry-Baby doesn't?

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#27re: Glory Days to Get Cast Recording
Posted: 6/18/09 at 5:47pm

I must agree. At least Cry-Baby had some decent numbers.

...who is sacrificing their money for this thing?

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

Weez Profile Photo
Weez
#28re: Glory Days to Get Cast Recording
Posted: 6/18/09 at 5:48pm

Aw, I'll totally buy it. :3

... and use White-out on the S on the cover... re: Glory Days to Get Cast Recording

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#29re: Glory Days to Get Cast Recording
Posted: 6/18/09 at 6:07pm

Bryan is in heaven about now.

How about Here's Where I Belong next?

Poster Emeritus

bryan
#30re: Glory Days to Get Cast Recording
Posted: 6/18/09 at 6:09pm

oh my god this is so stuid one night pef and they get a cast cd.

Weez Profile Photo
Weez
#31re: Glory Days to Get Cast Recording
Posted: 6/18/09 at 6:10pm

But fella, it's obviously ALL YOUR FAULT they've done it! Better keep complaining about Cry Baby; it may take years, but you may eventually convince them to do it!

defyingravity07 Profile Photo
defyingravity07
#32re: Glory Days to Get Cast Recording

but wit out it glory day will fde away for ever.

singingbackup Profile Photo
singingbackup
#33re: Glory Days to Get Cast Recording

"Who's the target audience for a show that played one performance?"

WAT

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#34re: Glory Days to Get Cast Recording

Okay, this can get a recording, but Happiness won't? Where's the justice in that?

A work of art is an invitation to love.

TimesSquareRegular Profile Photo
TimesSquareRegular
#35re: Glory Days to Get Cast Recording
Posted: 6/18/09 at 6:13pm

"he is very focused on Inner City"

Hey, INNER CITY is also one of MY most wanted on CD!

As for GLORY DAYS .... the show didn't work, but I've heard worse crap on stage .. and on CD.

2016 These Paper Bullets (1/02) Our Mother's Brief Affair (1/06), Dragon Boat Racing (1/08), Howard - reading (1/28), Shear Madness (2/10), Fun Home (2/17), Women Without Men (2/18), Trip Of Love (2/21), The First Gentleman -reading (2/22), Southern Comfort (2/23), The Robber Bridegroom (2/24), She Loves Me (3/11), Shuffle Along (4/12), Shear Madness (4/14), Dear Evan Hansen (4/16), American Psycho (4/23), Tuck Everlasting (5/10), Indian Summer (5/15), Peer Gynt (5/18), Broadway's Rising Stars (7/11), Trip of Love (7/27), CATS (7/31), The Layover (8/17), An Act Of God (8/31), The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time (8/24), Heisenberg (10/12), Fiddler On The Roof (11/02), Othello (11/23), Dear Evan Hansen (11/26), Les Liaisons Dangereuses (12/21) 2017 In Transit (2/01), Groundhog Day (4/04), Ring Twice For Miranda (4/07), Church And State (4/10), The Lucky One (4/19), Ernest Shackleton Loves Me (5/16), Building The Wall (5/19), Indecent (6/01), Six Degrees of Separation (6/09), Marvin's Room (6/28), A Doll's House Pt 2 (7/25) Curvy Widow (8/01)

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#36re: Glory Days to Get Cast Recording
Posted: 6/18/09 at 6:21pm

I saw Inner City & really liked it. I was pissed when they came out with the cast album & cut about 1/2 the score so it would fit on 1 Lp.

Having said that, a CD of it would be nice. If they can do Jimmy, there is hope.

Poster Emeritus

temms Profile Photo
temms
#37re: Glory Days to Get Cast Recording
Posted: 6/18/09 at 7:12pm

They actually recorded "Imperfect Chemistry"?!? You're kidding! I thought I kept up on that stuff. It's mostly a wash, but I just remember Brooks Ashmanskas with a ridiculous wig doing a song called "Big Hair" with two scantily clad backup girls. (It's a musical about hair tonic.)

Okay, then, I revise my original statement and use "Stars In Your Eyes" as an example of an unrecorded show no one will likely ever do again, which I saw around the same time.

KChenowethfan Profile Photo
KChenowethfan
#38re: Glory Days to Get Cast Recording
Posted: 6/18/09 at 7:29pm

Not that it is all that important now, but I don't think Glory Days had a successful DC run. Yes, Peter Marks gave it a good review (not that I ever trust his opinion because I generally don't), but it was not selling out even after the review. Signature has a fairly large subscriber base. Their large theatre (where this played) seats a maximum of 350 people depending on the configuration. It was on the DC version of the TKTS booth almost every night of its run. Most subscribers I knew (and I was one) hated it. The night I went (after the review), had a maximum of 50 people in the theatre. So no, it was not successful. Successful was Witches of Eastwick both in terms of reviews AND ticket sales.

"Why do you care what people might say? Why try to fit into their design?" (Side Show)

sally1112 Profile Photo
sally1112
#39re: Glory Days to Get Cast Recording
Posted: 6/18/09 at 8:54pm

This is awesome. I for one will be buying the hell out of this cd!

AndAllThatJazz22
#40re: Glory Days to Get Cast Recording
Posted: 6/18/09 at 9:08pm

So can I still hope for an OBCR of Lestat?

"There's nothing good on. The media hates Christmas. The media loves vampires, though. Maybe they will show a Twilight Christmas."
-Danmeg's 10 year old son.

Schmerg_The_Impaler Profile Photo
Schmerg_The_Impaler
#41re: Glory Days to Get Cast Recording
Posted: 6/18/09 at 9:10pm

I wouldn't mind an OBCR of Lestat!

Gee, Schmerg....who peed in your cheeerios? I'm fully aware of the DC run....I still stand by my comment...which is: even thought it was a huge flop, I'm still curious about it.
Haha, I've never heard that expression before! Sorry if I came off sounding snippy! I just wanted to inform anyone who didn't know that it was successful before it came to Broadway, because Glory Days is such a joke around here. I didn't mean to direct it at you personally at all.

In my pants, she has burst like the music of angels, the light of the sun! --Marius Pantsmercy

AndAllThatJazz22
#42re: Glory Days to Get Cast Recording
Posted: 6/18/09 at 9:14pm

^ Schmerg, I think you have influenced me. (Sorry about being so random) I listened to the highlights recording of Les Miz again and I love it now. Now I got my hands on some music from the Scarlet Pimpernel and I love it... and I've always hated the Scarlet Pimpernel!

"There's nothing good on. The media hates Christmas. The media loves vampires, though. Maybe they will show a Twilight Christmas."
Updated On: 6/18/09 at 09:14 PM

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#43re: Glory Days to Get Cast Recording
Posted: 6/18/09 at 9:37pm

If we can wish for Lestat, we can wish for Dracula.

Poster Emeritus

Schmerg_The_Impaler Profile Photo
Schmerg_The_Impaler
#44re: Glory Days to Get Cast Recording
Posted: 6/18/09 at 10:37pm

Oh, AndAllThatJazz, I'm so sorry for spreading my contagious bizarre taste! re: Glory Days to Get Cast Recording

But yeah, there's just something about Terrence Mann's weeeeird voice that I can't get enough of. Have you ever actually seen a production of Les Miserables? Because I think the strongest part of the show is the way they link the big numbers together with those small musical bridges and recurring motifs that makes it so it's not just showstopper after showstopper, and a highlights recording doesn't give that benefit!

Just don't start loving The Little Mermaid, now!

In my pants, she has burst like the music of angels, the light of the sun! --Marius Pantsmercy
Updated On: 6/18/09 at 10:37 PM

beltingbaritone Profile Photo
beltingbaritone
#45re: Glory Days to Get Cast Recording
Posted: 6/18/09 at 10:55pm

I love The Little Mermaid AND Les Mis!

Men don't even belt.

MrSweetNAwful Profile Photo
MrSweetNAwful
#46re: Glory Days to Get Cast Recording
Posted: 6/19/09 at 2:00am

OH

MY

GOD

OH

MY

GOD

YOU

GUYS

You're reminding me of people you hear at the movies asking questions every ten seconds, "Who is that? Why is that guy walking down the street? Who's that lady coming up to him? Uh-oh, why did that car go by? Why is it so dark in this theater?" - FindingNamo on strummergirl

"If artists were machines, then I'm just a different kind of machine...I'd probably be a toaster. Actually, I'd be a toaster oven because they're more versatile. And I like making grilled cheese" -Regina Spektor

"That's, like, twelve shows! ...Or seven." -Crazy SA Fangirl

"They say that just being relaxed is the most important thing [in acting]. I take that to another level, I think kinda like yawning and...like being partially asleep onstage is also good, but whatever." - Sherie Rene Scott

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#47re: Glory Days to Get Cast Recording
Posted: 6/19/09 at 2:10am

***Gee, Schmerg....who peed in your cheeerios? I'm fully aware of the DC run....I still stand by my comment...which is: even thought it was a huge flop, I'm still curious about it.
Haha, I've never heard that expression before! Sorry if I came off sounding snippy! I just wanted to inform anyone who didn't know that it was successful before it came to Broadway, because Glory Days is such a joke around here. I didn't mean to direct it at you personally at all. ***

All is forgiven! re: Glory Days to Get Cast Recording

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

AndAllThatJazz22
#48re: Glory Days to Get Cast Recording
Posted: 6/19/09 at 9:13am

Schmerg, I have never seen Les Miz. (I know it's in my favorite shows list on my profile now, but I just put any show that I'm obsessed with on there). I almost saw the recent Les Miz revival back when Lea Solanga was in it, but we had to end up canceling the trip because my sister got really sick (she's all better now). I ended up going to NYC two months after it closed and I saw Wicked (which failed to impress me). The tour has never come to my town but I know the local 'Broadway Bookers' in my city are interested in booking the new NETworks tour.

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#49re: Glory Days to Get Cast Recording
Posted: 6/19/09 at 12:51pm

I'm still waiting for a cast recording of Rachael Lily Rosenbloom and Don't You Ever Forget It! How can producers refuse to cough up the money for something I want?!?! It's so unfair!!

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

Videos