pixeltracker

Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery- Page 21

Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery

LAStevieG
#500Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 9/3/17 at 7:18pm

CT2NYC said: "youwillbefound2 said:

2. I've been trying the 4-days-out Telecharge thing and it's been working until yesterday... does anyone know what happened to that?

It doesn't happen every day. If no extratickets are available for any given performance, nonewill show up.
"

Since I've benefited greatly from this thread over the past few months, I wanted to share that a handful of 4-days-out seats just dropped into the Telecharge inventory for 9/7. However, the price has gone up to $425 each. Before Ben Platt's departure was announced, they were in the $300s.

smoff13
#501Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 9/4/17 at 10:45pm

So if i have tickets for oct. 18th at 8 i will see ben, correct?

anthgulino
#502Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 9/7/17 at 4:28pm

Hi everyone - I am new to this board, but I was referred here by a friend who is a longtime poster.  

I am traveling to NYC 9/16 - 9/20 and am hoping to see DEH.  I have read a lot about the 4-day rule, but it's been about a week or so since I've seen any replies on the topic or recent people saying they had success with it. 

I understand that Ben will not be in the Saturday matinee on 9/16, so it looks like my options are Sunday 9/17 and Tuesday 9/19.  

Also, from reading prior responses, it looks like for Sunday tickets, I can try on Wednesday, and for Tuesday tickets I can try on Friday.  And I was also told after 1pm EST.  Just wanted to make sure this was all still correct, and I also wanted to be sure to subscribe to this thread so that I get updates.  I'm really curious to see if anyone has recently gotten tickets this way. 

I'm considering just going the route of paying $300 on StubHub, but this 4-day thing sounds promising. Thanks in advice for any additional insight/advice anyone may have.  And if I missed a thread or a post that I should have read instead of asking these questions, please have mercy on a newbie! 

youwillbefound2 Profile Photo
youwillbefound2
#503Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 9/7/17 at 5:07pm

anthgulino said: "Hi everyone - I am new to this board, but I was referred here by a friend who is a longtime poster.

I am traveling to NYC 9/16 - 9/20 and am hoping to see DEH. I have read a lot about the 4-day rule, but it's been about a week or so since I've seen any replies on the topic or recent people saying they had success with it.

I understand that Ben will not be in the Saturday matinee on 9/16, so it looks like my options are Sunday 9/17 and Tuesday 9/19.

Also, from reading prior responses, it looks like for Sunday tickets, I can try on Wednesday, and for Tuesday tickets I can try on Friday. And I was also told after 1pm EST. Just wanted to make sure this was all still correct, and I also wanted to be sure to subscribe to this thread so that I get updates. I'm really curious to see if anyone has recently gotten tickets this way.

I'm considering just going the route of paying $300 on StubHub, but this 4-day thing sounds promising. Thanks in advice for any additional insight/advice anyone may have. And if I missed a thread or a post that I should have read instead of asking these questions, please have mercy on a newbie!
"

I'd just buy the 300 dollar tickets if I were you.

Aroberts3
#504Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 9/7/17 at 5:21pm

I'm heading to tonight's show and got a ticket from the 4 day out telecharge search (thanks to this message board)! I had been monitoring tickets and had been pretty successful finding tickets. I started searching at about 1pm EST but sometimes would see tickets pop up as late as 6:30pm.  I noticed sometimes a couple premium tickets would show up first, but I would just hold out and eventually found a standard priced tickets.  Be prepared to search often on the day you want!  If you can't be next to a computer for a couple hours, probably better to buy off of stub hub. 

chuckydisc
#505Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 9/7/17 at 7:44pm

smoff13 said: "So if i have tickets for oct. 18th at 8 i will see ben, correct?"

Assuming he's not on vacation or sick, yes.

Jenn9
#506Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 9/8/17 at 1:25pm

I did the 4 day out and saw 2 tickets available for Tuesday's performance (wheelchair seats). Do those seats have good visibility since they are all the way over to the side?

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#507Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 9/8/17 at 2:16pm

Yup, you're far back enough to not miss anything...

Jenn9
Jenn9
#509Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 9/8/17 at 2:50pm

One more question about the wheelchair seats...if they are available, that means they are up for grabs for anyone? 

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#510Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 9/8/17 at 2:55pm

Depends. If you are specifically searching for wheelchair seats, then no. If you are searching for regular seats, and the seats normally reserved for wheelchairs are made available to you, then you're good to go.

Also, these seats tend to go fast, so if you're talking about seats you saw an hour or more ago, you probably don't have to wonder about them anymore.

Jenn9
#511Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 9/8/17 at 2:59pm

Ok...that helps.  Thanks. Yes, the ones I saw were gone already but there were others on Wednesday. But, I was searching specifically for them, so I wouldn't be able to get them anyway. Thanks so much. 

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#512Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 9/9/17 at 3:43pm

Non-premium seats on Telecharge right now for Wednesday's evening performance.

taylormcurtis
#513Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 9/9/17 at 7:21pm

Hi all! I've been combing through this board, so I figured I would share my experience from Friday, 9/8/17 with you all. I initially was planning on waiting in the cancellation line at a later date, but I walked by the theater at 12:30 pm, and there was one person in line who had arrived in the wee hours of the morning to wait for the possibility of tickets to the 8 pm show. I decided then that after my interview that afternoon, I would swing back by and see how the line has built up. At 3 pm, I arrived back at the line, and only two more people had joined the line in that time. I figured my odds were pretty good, so I joined the line as well. A few more people kept joining the line every hour or so. At 4:30, the box office announced the first set of tickets: two partial view tickets for $159. The first several people in line passed on these tickets, including me. Two girls in the back of the line who arrived at 4:30 ended up claiming those tickets and were on their merry way. Those of us at the front wanted to hold out for the hope of better seats. Then, around 5:30, one partial view seat became available, and a gentleman behind us claimed that ticket. At 6, two tickets became available in orchestra for $200, and so finally, the man at the front of the line bought those two tickets and left. The rest of us waited another two hours, until it was almost showtime at 7:55. The box office came and pulled the next guy in line, and he was able to buy two great orchestra tickets for him and his wife to see the show. The next few minutes crept by, and then around 7:58, they got word that a group of FOUR had cancelled their tickets! Then, me, the girl in front of me, and the two people behind me got seats together in ROW G OF THE CENTER ORCHESTRA. It was surreal! We rushed in, and soon the lights went down and we saw one of the most beautiful performances I have ever seen! Ben Platt is phenomenal, but I'm sure if you're on this message board reading this, then you already knew that. 

In all, 11 tickets were given out to the cancellation line for the Friday evening show. We all got very lucky. I don't think this is the norm, though. The man in line behind me who got in was seeing the show for his fifth (!) time, and from his experience, the most he had seen given out before was eight. 

If you have the time, then YES DEFINITELY stand in this line. The time went by super quickly after getting to know the others in line, and the experience was worth every moment we waited and ever dollar we paid. 

jewishboy Profile Photo
jewishboy
#514Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 9/10/17 at 11:52am

Just snagged a ticket for 8:00pm on Wed 9/13. There might be one more available, center mezz row D for $199. 

Dkinny23
#515Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 9/10/17 at 2:15pm

Does anyone have any suggestions or ways to help getting actual affordable tickets to DEH? I've been enteing the lottory for over a year every single day without fail and have never won Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions I have even waited on the cancellation line multiple times in hopes of getting unclaimed lotto/standing room tickets, but they only seem to give out $150 tickets and up. I am a student and cant afford those prices. I find it disgusting and ridiculous that they have made this show so completely difficult to see, especially for students. I'm desperate and could use all the help I can get. I wish I knew someone in the cast, apparently they give their friends/family standing room tickets like how Hamilton does it. Anyone know anyone in the cast they can refer me too? I'd be forever grateful! 

LesWickedly Profile Photo
LesWickedly
#516Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 9/10/17 at 2:18pm

You have not been entering over a year, since the show hasn't even been open a year. If you've been trying to get tickets for this long, you could've tried for the $40 standing room tickets when they still gave them out everyday. You also could've purchased the cheaper tickets before they went up in price/sold out. As a student myself, I empathize, but if you've claimed to be a fan this long, you would've been able to get cheaper tickets.

Dkinny23
#517Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 9/10/17 at 2:44pm

Sorry I meant about a year. Really havent been able to keep track of time, but it feels like I've been entering for about the whole year. Anyway, due to being in graduate school with a very rigorous schedule I was unable to ever go for the standing room line when it was actually in person or purchase cheaper tickets when it was actually affordable Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions   By the time my schedule lighteneed up (very recently) it was too late to get any affordable tickets. So I appreciate your reply but unfortunatly my circumstances got in the way. Regardless, that is all in the past and I am trying to figure out how to move forward seeing this show in a way that wont drain my bank account :/

youwillbefound2 Profile Photo
youwillbefound2
#518Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 9/10/17 at 5:13pm

Dkinny23 said: "Sorry I meant about a year. Really havent been able to keep track of time, but it feels like I've been entering for about the whole year. Anyway,due to being in graduate school with a very rigorous schedule I wasunable to ever go for the standing room line when it was actually in person or purchase cheaper tickets when it was actually affordable Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions By the time my schedule lighteneed up (very recently) it was too late to get any affordable tickets. So Iappreciate your reply but unfortunatly my circumstances got in the way. Regardless, that is all in the past and I am trying to figure out how to move forward seeing this show in a way that wont drain my bank account :/"

Honestly your best bet is entering the lottery. I'm not sure if they still do standing room every day but a person I know just saw the show through standing room a couple days ago so if you really want to you could camp out at midnight for standing room tickets. 

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#519Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 9/10/17 at 5:18pm

youwillbefound2 said: "Dkinny23 said: "Sorry I meant about a year. Really havent been able to keep track of time, but it feels like I've been entering for about the whole year. Anyway,due to being in graduate school with a very rigorous schedule I wasunable to ever go for the standing room line when it was actually in person or purchase cheaper tickets when it was actually affordable Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions By the time my schedule lighteneed up (very recently) it was too late to get any affordable tickets. So Iappreciate your reply but unfortunatly my circumstances got in the way. Regardless, that is all in the past and I am trying to figure out how to move forward seeing this show in a way that wont drain my bank account :/"

Honestly your best bet is entering the lottery. I'm not sure if they still do standing room every day but a person I know just saw the show through standing room a couple days ago so ifyou really want to you could camp out at midnight for standing room tickets.
"

Standing Room is done through the lottery.

Jenn9
#520Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 9/10/17 at 5:34pm

Thanks so much for sharing! I've been hesitant to do the cancellation line but this helps me a lot. I'm thinking a Saturday evening performance is probably hard to get tickets, but who knows? Thanks again! 

herewegoabc
#521Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 9/10/17 at 6:52pm

You probably aren't going to get tickets for less than $150 unless you win the lottery. Even the cheapest tickets that show up with the 4 day rule come out to be $149 after Telecharge fees/tax.

Last month, I was at the box office one Saturday morning when Ben was out. They sold at least 5 SRO tickets when the box office opened at 10. This was before the end of the two hour window that lottery winners have to claim their tickets, so I'm still not sure if they were just canceled by cast/crew or why they were available at that time. That being said, I believe they do sell the unclaimed SRO/lottery tickets to the cancellation line on a regular basis. I'm just not sure how often those options become available. The unclaimed lottery tickets are partial view and sell for $135 at the box office, I believe. If you are lucky enough to find a canceled SRO, it is $42, but I don't know how good your chances are, especially if you're dead set on seeing Ben. If you're more flexible and willing to see MLB, your chances might be a little better for a Saturday afternoon.

Updated On: 9/10/17 at 06:52 PM

ashleyjena
#522Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 9/10/17 at 9:13pm

Dkinny23 said: "Sorry I meant about a year. Really havent been able to keep track of time, but it feels like I've been entering for about the whole year. Anyway,due to being in graduate school with a very rigorous schedule I wasunable to ever go for the standing room line when it was actually in person or purchase cheaper tickets when it was actually affordable Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions By the time my schedule lighteneed up (very recently) it was too late to get any affordable tickets. So Iappreciate your reply but unfortunatly my circumstances got in the way. Regardless, that is all in the past and I am trying to figure out how to move forward seeing this show in a way that wont drain my bank account :/"

Standing room is only given out through the lottery now, your best bet is the lottery. I had been entering for a long time and won the lottery in August, so it's possible!

Dkinny23
#523Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 9/11/17 at 1:24am

Thanks everyone for your replies! That's very strange that they handed out 5 SRO tickets like that. And good to know that unclaimed lotto tickets are $135 on the cancellation line, I had no idea. I guess I'll keep trying with the cancellation line and lotto and hope for SRO. I realllllly wanted to see Ben Platt but I guess beggars can't be choosers haha

chuckydisc
#524Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 9/11/17 at 10:44am

If you had simply saved up $0.50 ( that's FIFTY CENTS ) per performance that you've already missed then you could simply buy a seat from the cancellation line.

Videos