pixeltracker

Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018- Page 21

Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018

At-the-glen
#500Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 8/23/17 at 11:30pm

Should be Ashley Park. With Conrad Ricamora as Freddy. 

JIMG3
#501Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 8/23/17 at 11:33pm

I agree about Ashley, but not Conrad. 

JIMG3
#502Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 8/23/17 at 11:38pm

Why not go whole hog, and just simply transpose the entire cast of "The King and I"? Seriously though, I do agree that Ashley would have been brilliant. 

broadwayboy223
#503Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 8/24/17 at 12:09am

So besides Benanti who else was up for Eliza? 

GeorgeandDot Profile Photo
GeorgeandDot
#504Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 8/24/17 at 12:54am

Apparently Sierra Boggess.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#505Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 8/24/17 at 1:57am

Personally, I'm stoked. I mean, sure, Laura B. would have been great. But I can basically tell you what she'd do, how she'd play it. Ambrose, for me, is a wild card, and I'm so curious what the whole team will come up with. I recently was in a production of this, having not known the show, and I'm so curious to see a big, splashy production of this. 

lynn2
#506Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 8/25/17 at 3:11am

ERIN MACKEY-INCREDIBLE LEGIT SOPRANO, COMEDY CHOPS AND ALL RANGE OF EMOTION. JUST SAW HER IN SUNDAY IN THE PARK WITH GEORGE AT THE GUTHRIE AND SHE WAS PHENOMENOL.  GIVE HER A GOOD SCRIPT AND SEE WHAT SHE CAN DO.  ALSO DOES A GREAT COCKNEY ACCENT

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#507Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 9/5/17 at 12:29am

So, we found out that My Fair Lady would be happening about a month and a half before Carousel got announced back in April, and yet we now have our full Carousel cast and a grand total of zippity announcements from MFL.

Come on, LCT! Give us something!

JIMG3
#508Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 9/5/17 at 10:30am

The level of "suspense" is getting a bit tired. I work for LCT and I'm still in the dark!

poisonivy2 Profile Photo
poisonivy2
#509Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 9/5/17 at 12:20pm

According to someone who is close to the production they are having trouble finalizing a Higgins. Some if the choices floated here at BWW turned it down.

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
henrikegerman Profile Photo
henrikegerman
#511Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 9/5/17 at 12:58pm

I can easily imagine Ambrose's Eliza having major chemistry with Robert Downey, Jr.'s Higgins.

Updated On: 9/5/17 at 12:58 PM

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#512Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 9/5/17 at 1:04pm

henrikegerman said: "I can easily imagineAmbrose's Eliza having major chemistry with Robert Downey, Jr.'s Higgins."

1) Can he sing?
2) Will he available? He's a pretty prolific actor, which leads to major commitment issues.
3) I'd pay top $ to see him on stage.

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

henrikegerman Profile Photo
henrikegerman
#513Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 9/5/17 at 1:08pm

Valentina3 said: "henrikegerman said: "I can easily imagineAmbrose's Eliza having major chemistry with Robert Downey, Jr.'s Higgins."

1) Can he sing?
2) Will he available? He's a pretty prolific actor, which leads to major commitment issues.
3) I'dpay top $ to see him on stage.
"

1) hell yes the Boy can sing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1crxmBTxRlM

2) Alas, another question entirely.

3) You and me both!

Updated On: 9/5/17 at 01:08 PM

nmlhats
#514Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 9/5/17 at 2:18pm

pupscotch said: "I think Ashley Park would be stunning in this role. She has the voice and the comedic chops, plus she's abot the right age."

She was excellent in "Hood"--got the comedy chops and has a beautiful voice--but will want her British accents (plural, for this role) to be more consistent, including while singing.

nmlhats
#515Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 9/5/17 at 2:27pm

Sammyria said: "Enjoying the speculation, and desperate to see the show live-only ever seen the film, and it's my favourite-, it hasn't been staged here in forever so planning a trip to NY in May!

Slightly off topic but since you guys seem to be in the know, when can we expect tickets to go on sale, roughly how far in advance do the Lincoln Centre put them up?I want to start organising my trip so would be good to know when I can expect to be able to buy tickets.

Thanks
"

Tickets for JUNK (the show which precedes MFL in the Vivian B. at LTC) went on sale to members toward the end of August and went on sale to the public August 19th or 20th. That's around six weeks before the first preview Oct. 5th, which may or not be any indication of when MFL tix will go on sale.

dianamorales Profile Photo
dianamorales
#516Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 9/5/17 at 5:13pm

henrikegerman said: "Valentina3 said: "henrikegerman said: "I can easily imagineAmbrose's Eliza having major chemistry with Robert Downey, Jr.'s Higgins."

1) hell yes the Boy can sing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1crxmBTxRlM

"Why did that video make me NEED to see a RDJ-led Taboo revival?

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#517Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 9/5/17 at 5:18pm

^ it made me need something else entirely. Something very NSFW haha.

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

ChildofEarth Profile Photo
ChildofEarth
#518Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 9/5/17 at 6:23pm

FWIW since I all but got confirmation that it is Ambrose - the name I heard randomly in the theater district (from an obviously uninformed actor) was Alexandra Silber. Who would have been more interesting, in my opinion. 

DramaTeach Profile Photo
DramaTeach
#519Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 9/5/17 at 6:37pm

ChildofEarth said: "FWIW since I all but got confirmation that it is Ambrose - the name I heard randomly in the theater district (from an obviously uninformed actor)was Alexandra Silber. Who would have been more interesting, in my opinion."

Ugh!  I haven't liked a single one of these Elizas.  Silber's vibrato was my least favorite part of that Fiddler revival.  Ambrose is boring; while Silber can hit the notes, her voice doesn't please my ears.  Unless they get Firth, I'm out.

JIMG3
#520Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 9/5/17 at 7:55pm

Boring is in the eye of the beholder, my dear. I think most people will be very pleasantly surprised by Ambrose.  I'm just as anxious to see Firth as Higgins though. I also happen to feel that any Sher musical revival is worth seeing; although I found his Fiddler very disappointing on many levels. 

GeorgeandDot Profile Photo
GeorgeandDot
#521Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 9/5/17 at 8:02pm

JIMG3, Any word on the supporting cast?  Have they seen anyone?  Hopefully we'll get Danny Burstein as Alfred, so he can finally get that much deserved Tony.

JIMG3
#522Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 9/5/17 at 8:11pm

Not a word. LCT is like a vault on this one. I'm so hoping for Danny as Alfred!!! 

ScottyDoesn'tKnow2
#523Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 9/5/17 at 8:45pm

At first I wasn't too excited about Ambrose even though I enjoyed her in Six Feet Under, but now I'm more excited about her after stewing on it a bit. I have to say she's a more inspired choice then the same Broadway names that were trotted out in this thread. I bet she'll be a brilliant Eliza acting wise and I am game to be surprised by her singing voice with these songs.

JIMG3
#524Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 9/5/17 at 8:51pm

I totally agree. I think she'll be sensational. 

Videos