pixeltracker

Sleep No More is AMAZING- Page 22

Sleep No More is AMAZING

geissap
#525Sleep No More is AMAZING
Posted: 2/13/12 at 2:14pm

Ok so I saw this over the weekend. I'm not a huge artsy type person and I can see the appeal for some but I just want to offer my review. My wife and I visit NYC maybe twice a year. We've seen maybe 6 or 7 Broadway plays...I went to this play based off of the numerous recommendations from this very site. I also had a 1 on 1 with one of the witches (the really attractive one) where she gave me a gumdrop and led me through the Narnia closet…yea sure it was cool…and a little awkward at the same time.

I thought it was CRAZILY overrated and overpriced. I honestly feel like I got scammed and the entire play was a gimmick. I just didn't get it at all. Some of the dancing was neat...loved the concept of turning the entire hotel into a stage...as I enjoyed exploring the rooms. That was pretty cool, but the storyline was just impossible to follow.

LITERALLY impossible...many of the reviews talk about how you should just follow Macbeth from the start. Oh ok...no problem how in the world do you know who Macbeth is from the start? That's impossible to determine? Furthermore, following anyone was so freaking hard. There were so many people. You'd have to be a complete d-bag to actually follow a character. Some of the scenes and sequences could only be viewed from a door way or two, or a small hallway. There would be 40-50 people trying to see it when only 5-10 could actually have a good viewpoint. It was just frustrating beyond belief to try and stick with a character...way to hard.

The other THREE parts that just felt like such a money-hungry scam to me was how they have this great bar that you go into and they encourage you to get a drink. You buy a nice full drink...then I kid you not 10 SECONDS after you get your drink, oh btw it's time for you to come into the hotel now. I saw about a dozen full drinks just left on tables/thrown away. Such a scam! Not to mention the $20 program they encourage you to buy at the end...it was described by the people like this "Has all the characters, every act you missed, the entire cast, get the program now for $20 bucks to have everything explained to you" Yea don't fall for that scam...it's a piece of crap. The part that talks about the acts in the program is lame at best. It does show pictures of the cast and their real names...but doesn't say what their part was in the play so it did me NO good whatsoever. OH and BTW…you can’t have coats in the hotel it’s against the rules but check this out we have a coat check that you’re forced to pay $3 for. SERIOUSLY? You couldn’t include a free coat check in your ridiculous ticket price that you’re making mandatory?

On top of that I thought some of it was just too far overboard and over the top. The witch/rave thing was just silly...yea ok I get they were going for shock and awe but I just walked out in the middle of it cause I thought it was completely ridiculous, stage blood splashing on people's real clothes etc and just completely over the top.

I don't think it's worth the money. Don't spend the $90 bucks to see it in my opinion. Go spend that $90 bucks to see 2-3 other Broadway plays off of TDF or Rush tickets in my opinion.

It would be so easy to make it a good play in my opinion. Why the actors/actresses can't talk is dumb in my opinion. I think if they actually had some dialog it would be sooooo much better cause a person could figure out what is going on. I get that there's supposed to be some mystery but this was just beyond that.

FINAL ADVICE: If you live in NYC and have the opportunity to see plays every weekend. GO FOR IT because it is a unique experience. If you don't live in NYC and are simply visiting...DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH THIS...so many other things to go see on Broadway for 1/2 to a 1/3 of the price.

Morla
#525Sleep No More is AMAZING
Posted: 3/8/12 at 5:14pm

happy day-be-lated birthday sleep no more

aunt hecate, will you sing that crazy song we love?

http://download.lardlad.com/sounds/season12/clod19.mp3

Love4Theatre Profile Photo
Love4Theatre
#526Sleep No More is AMAZING
Posted: 3/8/12 at 5:24pm

I agree with geissap on every word. I too had received many recommendations to visit SNM. I found it completely overrated and overpriced. I do not think the sets were impressive,especially, in comparison to the incredible amount of detail used for events such as Halloween Horror Nights in Orlando/Hollywood. I understand they are not the same, however, a better comparison can be made between SLM and HHN as you walk through various sets and locations versus watching a set of a production on stage.

Theatreboy49 Profile Photo
Theatreboy49
#527Sleep No More is AMAZING
Posted: 3/13/12 at 2:02am

Keep in mind there are SPOILERS below (but i assume at this point its alright)

I saw it tonight and it was mind blowing! I started out with Agnes but quickly moved into the hallway to see the 3 witches and followed them up to the orgy/rave. I followed the prettier with for a good portion of my first hour and a half and because of it (with a little bit of following Macbeth in between) I felt like I got to see alot. I had a one on one with Agnes where she gave me the locket and shared a scene with me and took me in to the narnia closet. The whole experience was so unique and I am sure ill be talking about it for days. So many cool things to see in there and I only wish I was able to come back a second time and follow some of the characters. The choreo and the movement work is just really special. I think it helped just knowing that it centers around Macbeth (to an extent) because I wasnt as confused but I'm glad i didnt go through this whole giant thread and have anything terribly ruined for me. It made the show even more unpredicatable.

<------ Me and my friends with patti Lupone at my friends afterparty for her concert with audra mcdonald during the summer of 2007.
"I am sorry but it is an unjust world and virtue is only triumphant in theatricle performances" The Mikado

Bobby9940
#528Sleep No More is AMAZING
Posted: 5/18/12 at 8:49pm

I'll be seeing sleep no more for the 4th time next week. Last time I had the one on one with hecate who charged me with finding a ring. Does anyone know where it is so I can find it? I've read the hecate's side quest article online and it doesn't actually say where the thing is.

Can anyone help?

GlindatheGood22  Profile Photo
GlindatheGood22
#529Sleep No More is AMAZING
Posted: 5/18/12 at 10:26pm

Hecate seems to like sending people on quests around the hotel. She had me bring a note to the porter in the hotel lobby. It was amazing, like I had become a character in the show. I had my own little group of followers and everything. :)

I also got a one on one with one of the nurses in the hut in the forest, and I will never forget it as long as I live. She took me inside, unmasked me, and said, "No more tears. This will make you feel better." She then proceeded to pour me a cup of tea, place a napkin in my lap, and start spoon feeding it to me. I was moved almost to tears and shaking so hard she spilled it on me. Then she placed the cup and saucer in my lap and told me a story and held me close to her. Before I left she traced her index finger down the inside of my arm while the noise of the storm outside built, then jabbed her nail into my palm and said, "Blood will have blood they say!" and pushed me out.

I think Sleep No More has spoiled me. I saw Evita the other day and felt so detached. Ah, well. I plan to gorge myself on this beautiful show for the remainder of the summer. Next mission: Get the one on one Lady Macduff does.

I know you. I know you. I know you.

ShbrtAlley44 Profile Photo
ShbrtAlley44
#530Sleep No More is AMAZING
Posted: 5/19/12 at 2:48am

The location of Hecate's ring is a closely guarded secret. The only thing I'll say is try and remember the details of the story she told you. That'll give you at least the room where it's hidden.

Broadway Joe Profile Photo
Broadway Joe
#531Sleep No More is AMAZING
Posted: 5/19/12 at 9:31am

Thank you geissap, I've been unsure about going to this show cause I didn't think I'd like it cause I had some concerns about not being able to follow everything and I have no desire to spend that much money to see it multiple times to learn everything.

I still might go to it eventually cause I live here but meh, I doubt it.

Bobby9940
#532Sleep No More is AMAZING
Posted: 5/19/12 at 4:56pm

I wish I could remember the details but that was awhile back and it happened so fast. The only part I can remember is that he went into the woods cause of how she brushed my hands against the branches that were attached to the wall of the room we were in.

I'm aware of the note she says to give to the porter, but she didn't do that the time I went and I've heard from other people who said they didn't get anything from the guy.

I'm also aware that it's a secret but still, would love to know where it is because other than getting the one-on-ones with Lady MacDuff and Agnes I'm almost positive I've seen/done everything else

ColorTheHours048 Profile Photo
ColorTheHours048
#533Sleep No More is AMAZING
Posted: 5/20/12 at 10:37am

If I were to guess, I would say it's in the ballroom forest. I was also sent on the mission to find her ring the last time , but I was so dumbstruck by the experience of the one-on-one that I couldn't even begin to search for it. I also ran into the Boy Witch immediately after and wanted to jump at my chance to follow him. It worked in my favor because I got his phone booth one-on-one soon after I began following him.

rocknroll123
#534Sleep No More is AMAZING
Posted: 5/20/12 at 11:50am

so you're saying it could be hidden in one of the trees?

ColorTheHours048 Profile Photo
ColorTheHours048
#535Sleep No More is AMAZING
Posted: 5/20/12 at 12:04pm

Probably. Somewhere in the ballroom while it's set up as the forest.

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#536Sleep No More is AMAZING
Posted: 5/20/12 at 2:11pm

There was an e-mail advertising some sort of new souvenir program, but the pictures make it look exactly the same as the old one, has anyone seen it?

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

Bobby9940
#537Sleep No More is AMAZING
Posted: 5/20/12 at 2:45pm

if the "forest" is a clue the only other place I can think of is on the 5th floor set, though I never saw any kind of ring in the tree maze

ShbrtAlley44
#538Sleep No More is AMAZING
Posted: 5/20/12 at 4:30pm

I think it's largely the same but updated with the newer members of the cast.

Playbilly Profile Photo
Playbilly
#539Sleep No More is AMAZING
Posted: 5/20/12 at 5:05pm

You folks are swaying me to check it out. Is it better to see an evening show, or late night show?

"Through The Sacrifice You Made, We Can't Believe The Price You Paid..For Love!"

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#540Sleep No More is AMAZING
Posted: 5/20/12 at 5:07pm

They are the exact same show - it just repeats throughout the lapse of 3 hours. Enjoy! :)

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

ShbrtAlley44
#541Sleep No More is AMAZING
Posted: 5/20/12 at 5:11pm

If you know which characters you want to follow I would encourage you to do that during the first cycle. After that it becomes irritating dealing with large crowds of people.

GimmeABreak2
#542Sleep No More is AMAZING
Posted: 5/20/12 at 5:30pm

Last time I went, I was the first elevator in, I took the first cycle/hour to check out the "bigger" characters (The macbeths, then banquo) and in the later hours I followed the more ancillary ones. Wound up getting a one-on-one with the taxidermist!
I think that was a great way to do it to avoid the later massive crowd following Macbeth.

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#543Sleep No More is AMAZING
Posted: 5/20/12 at 6:08pm

Sadly there's a huge difference between the times of feeling you were exploring almost by yourself and now having to fight the mob. I'm sure the number of audience members allowed has grown significantly.

ShbrtAlley44
#544Sleep No More is AMAZING
Posted: 5/20/12 at 6:16pm

Very true, unfortunately. I wish they would allow 30 fewer people in per night. Maybe even 45-50.

Luscious Profile Photo
Luscious
#545Sleep No More is AMAZING
Posted: 5/22/12 at 8:26pm

Hmmmmmm. Interesting. Looks like they're experimenting with something new. Shades of things to come?

Sleep No More 2.0

Updated On: 5/22/12 at 08:26 PM

Bobby9940
#546Sleep No More is AMAZING
Posted: 5/23/12 at 1:12pm

Wow that is cool

Brian07663NJ
#547Sleep No More is AMAZING
Posted: 5/23/12 at 1:22pm

Hecate gave me the note with instructions to give it to the Porter. I found the Porter relatively fast near the phone booths. He saw the note in my hand and took me away for a private one-on-one. That is when he gave me the ring to bring back to Hecate. When I returned to her she saw it and took me away for yet another different one-one-one experience. At that time she took possession of the ring from me.

Bobby9940
#548Sleep No More is AMAZING
Posted: 5/24/12 at 3:00pm

PS: anyone know where agnes (the blonde girl with the suitcase) starts her story? I always catch her at the same point when she just arrives on the 4th floor looking scared

Videos