pixeltracker

Official "Beauty & the Beast" Film Adaptation Thread- Page 22

Official "Beauty & the Beast" Film Adaptation Thread

Bilbo3 Profile Photo
Bilbo3
#525Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 4/21/15 at 2:59pm

That's sexy. I love this whole cast except Emma Watson. Darn.

Countdown til Jordan comes on raging about how much loves me! 3..2..1...

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#526Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 4/21/15 at 3:01pm

We finally got the main cast! Bravo Disney for the fabulous choices!

Bilbo3 Profile Photo
Bilbo3
#527Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 4/21/15 at 3:02pm

Ugh! I keep forgetting we won't even get to see them until the end. Ugh.

westendfanatic Profile Photo
westendfanatic
#528Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 4/21/15 at 3:44pm

i am gutted that he has been cast as lumiere. i'm sorry, but he is so not cheesy or charming enough to play him. was so holding out for Tom Hiddleston to play him. as long as he cuts his scottish accent i suppose we all gotta live with it. i hated him in Moulin Rouge. 

i don't understand how they havent cast the character of Chip yet. there are at least 4 west end shows in london (including a famous child actor drama school) that they can go to and audition plenty of kids as they are currently in london now in rehearsals.

Updated On: 4/21/15 at 03:44 PM

Elfuhbuh Profile Photo
Elfuhbuh
#529Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 4/21/15 at 3:59pm

"i am gutted that he has been cast as lumiere. i'm sorry, but he is so not cheesy or charming enough to play him. was so holding out for Tom Hiddleston to play him. as long as he cuts his scottish accent i suppose we all gotta live with it. i hated him in Moulin Rouge. 
i don't understand how they havent cast the character of Chip yet. there are at least 4 west end shows in london (including a famous child actor drama school) that they can go to and audition plenty of kids as they are currently in london now in rehearsals."

I say we wait and see what he does with the role before throwing around judgement. For all we know, he could have completely blown away at his audition and could really surprise us. (I do have faith that he'll do a great job with the part either way.)

And I'm sure they're auditioning kids to play Chip, but it's not as big a deal since all they really need for the part is a cute little kid who can sing.

"Was uns befreit, das muss stärker sein als wir es sind." -Tanz der Vampire

MayAudraBlessYou2 Profile Photo
MayAudraBlessYou2
#530Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 4/21/15 at 3:59pm

I love Ewan, but he doesnt seem right for Lumiere at all. I hope he proves me wrong. I was really hoping Patrick Stewart would get it. I have no idea if he can sing, but he has the right amount of charisma and another Mckellen/Stewart team up would be amazing.

westendfanatic
#531Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 4/21/15 at 5:31pm

"I love Ewan, but he doesnt seem right for Lumiere at all. I hope he proves me wrong. I was really hoping Patrick Stewart would get it. I have no idea if he can sing, but he has the right amount of charisma and another Mckellen/Stewart team up would be amazing."

Ewan isn't right for the role of Lumiere. He can't sing and he can't pull off the charm like Lumiere can. His casting have sort of spoiled it for me. The rest of the cast, is awesome.  

Bilbo3 Profile Photo
Bilbo3
#532Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 4/21/15 at 5:33pm

Ewan is sexy as hell and can definitely sing. Y'all be cray.

Wilmingtom
#533Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 4/21/15 at 5:41pm

I think McGregor can probably get through a chorus of "Be Our Guest" and "Human Again."  It's not exactly La Boheme.

rjm516
#534Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 4/21/15 at 5:57pm

I LOVE Ewan's casting! So surprising but great!

decast
#535Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 4/21/15 at 6:07pm

I think it's great casting. Take another listen to the Moulin Rouge soundtrack. The man can hold a tune. And I'd say whether he's charming enough is subjective. I think he's wonderfully charismatic, personally. It's quite a surprise pick, but I like it, they've been quite left field with choices all along in my eyes, since they plumped for Dan Stevens. I'm always surprised how quickly the interweb derides someones talent when an actor cast in a role and they don't see them in. It happened with Into the Woods too. I'll wait til I actually see the film and see him in the role before I decide if he was a good choice or not.

And now Stanley Tucci, I don;t even care who he's playing, I'd watch that man read a phone book http://variety.com/2015/film/news/stanley-tucci-beauty-and-the-beast-casting-1201476986/

Updated On: 4/21/15 at 06:07 PM

Mrtrobz
#536Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 4/21/15 at 6:37pm

Stanley Tucci is joining the cast as a Grand Piano, Cadenza, new character.

Updated On: 4/21/15 at 06:37 PM

firebolts Profile Photo
firebolts
#537Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 4/21/15 at 6:40pm

Jean Dujardin would have been perfect for Lumiere. Ewan's casting is strange and random. I really don't like his voice, either. I'm so sad that Gugu Mbatha-Raw was cast as Plumette - she should have been Belle, not Emma Watson. Please watch Gugu in "Beyond the Lights" - she sings in it, and her voice is gorgeous and she is so talented. She could run circles around Emma. The casting of the trio (Belle, Gaston, The Beast) is so bland, which is disappointing because Beauty and the Beast is one of my favorite musicals, and Belle is my favorite princess.  

Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

JP2 Profile Photo
JP2
#538Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 4/21/15 at 7:40pm

"Ewan isn't right for the role of Lumiere. He can't sing and he can't pull off the charm like Lumiere can. His casting have sort of spoiled it for me. The rest of the cast, is awesome.  "

I'm sorry you hated McGregor's performance, but it's neat that you got to see the film already!

Hopefully now that you've experienced it you'll stop being deliriously melodramatic about every. Last. Thing.

Elfuhbuh Profile Photo
Elfuhbuh
#539Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 4/21/15 at 7:58pm

""Ewan isn't right for the role of Lumiere. He can't sing and he can't pull off the charm like Lumiere can. His casting have sort of spoiled it for me. The rest of the cast, is awesome.  "

I'm sorry you hated McGregor's performance, but it's neat that you got to see the film already!
Hopefully now that you've experienced it you'll stop being deliriously melodramatic about every. Last. Thing."

This.

Most of his performance here will be voice acting anyways.

"Was uns befreit, das muss stärker sein als wir es sind." -Tanz der Vampire

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#540Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 4/21/15 at 9:25pm

Cadenza.  Oy, these new names need to stop.

disneybroadwayfan22
#541Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 4/21/15 at 9:34pm

Wasn't this the bad guy in the B&TB Christmas movie?

Showface
#542Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 4/21/15 at 9:53pm

No denying that McGregor was a surprising choice! I was rooting for Dujardin However, it is also an inspiring one! He will do an excellent job! He can sing, dance, and I'm sure he can pull off the charisma for the part.

And now Stanley Tucci in a new role as a "neuortic maestro" grand piano! This is amazing!

We have a talented leading lady, who can act the part perfectly, and a stellar supporting cast!

Also, though I'm not sure if this is confirmed, an article I read today called this film "Disney's lates 3D movie", or something like that. Will this be in 3D? I sure hope so!

(I also hope they'll give it the IMAX treatment, like Cinderella)

Look, nothings going to replace the original version and the stage production, this film is it's own thing, and nothing will replace it. Now, you just have three versions to love (or hate, whatever).

(Oh, and SAG Ensemble, anyone?)

Updated On: 4/21/15 at 09:53 PM

sueb1863 Profile Photo
sueb1863
#543Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 4/22/15 at 6:34am

Actually it doesn't matter if Ewan can dance because he won't be doing the dancing. And Lumiere doesn't have legs so he wouldn't be dancing anyway - the most he'd do is maybe hop around.

It's a weird choice but I'll go with it. I loved him in MR.

And I think Disney fully intends for these live action versions to at least partially replace the animated ones. I think that's why they're suddenly making so many of them (Mulan, Dumbo, Cinderella etc.) - they think kids don't want to watch 2D cartoons anymore and they want to make sure that they still have a hand in the youth entertainment market.

westendfanatic
#544Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 4/22/15 at 6:41am

"I'm sorry you hated McGregor's performance, but it's neat that you got to see the film already! Hopefully now that you've experienced it you'll stop being deliriously melodramatic about every. Last. Thing."

Everybody is entitled to their opinion. I'm just not a huge fan of Ewan McGregor as you can probably tell. He might do well, he might not. All i'm saying is, i would have preferred another actor to play the part that's all.

disneybroadwayfan22
#545Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 4/22/15 at 7:33am

"And I think Disney fully intends for these live action versions to at least partially replace the animated ones. I think that's why they're suddenly making so many of them (Mulan, Dumbo, Cinderella etc.) - they think kids don't want to watch 2D cartoons anymore and they want to make sure that they still have a hand in the youth entertainment market."

I'm worried that you're right. But either way, the kids know that a remake is a just remake and they will still flock to the original.

Jungle Red Profile Photo
Jungle Red
#546Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 4/22/15 at 11:37am

westendfanatic: How about you come up with the millions of dollars, make your own movie, and quit being such a negative nancy about this one? You have your opinions. We get it. Shut it and move on. Thanks.

How anyone can hate MOULIN ROUGE is beyond me. 

I thought the villain in the sequel was the organ? Belle did have a new piccolo friend. 

I love the casting and can't wait to see the film. 

westendfanatic
#547Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 4/22/15 at 12:36pm

"westendfanatic: How about you come up with the millions of dollars, make your own movie, and quit being such a negative nancy about this one? You have your opinions. We get it. Shut it and move on. Thanks.
How anyone can hate MOULIN ROUGE is beyond me. 
I thought the villain in the sequel was the organ? Belle did have a new piccolo friend. 
I love the casting and can't wait to see the film. "

Excuse me Jungle Red, but you need to calm down. I do not deserve to be spoken to like that on a public message board. I love the casting for this film as much as the next person BELIEVE ME as Beauty and the Beast happens to be one of my childhood favourites. When Dan and Luke got cast and then the rest of the actors, I was over the moon cos the cast was perfect. I am really looking forward to this film as much as you. NOT EVERY SINGLE PERSON IN THE WORLD needs to be a fan of Ewan McGregor. I didn't like Moulin Rouge and that's it. There are a lot of films that i do not like not just that one particular film. I have never been much of a fan of Ewan McGregor anyway whatever film he has been in. 

End of story.

Updated On: 4/22/15 at 12:36 PM

JP2 Profile Photo
JP2
#548Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 4/22/15 at 12:39pm

End of story.

We should be so lucky.

westendfanatic
#549Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 4/22/15 at 12:52pm

"End of story.

We should be so lucky. "

Well i'm done then. if this is what has come from putting your own opinion across, then that's it. i haven't joined this message board to be ridiculed when i'm just doing the same thing that you lot are doing and just putting my thoughts on it.  

Videos