Hadestown Understudies

artsygal
#600Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/18/22 at 9:15am

Saw this in Broadway Briefing this morning which really surprised me! Guess I need to see Lana’s Persephone ASAP! 

FIRST IN THE BRIEFING: Jewelle Blackman will take over the role of Persephone in Hadestown beginning April 5. Lana Gordon, who currently plays the role on Broadway, will play her final performance in the show on April 3. Soara-Joye Ross will also join the cast on April 5, taking over for Blackman as one of the Fates.

orpheus4
#601Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/18/22 at 9:34am

artsygal said: "Saw this in Broadway Briefing this morning which really surprised me! Guess I need to see Lana’s Persephone ASAP!

FIRST IN THE BRIEFING: Jewelle Blackmanwill take over the role of Persephone inHadestownbeginning April 5.Lana Gordon, who currently plays the role on Broadway, will play her final performance in the show on April 3.Soara-Joye Rosswill also join the cast on April 5, taking over for Blackman as one of the Fates.
"

Huh... well that is surprising for sure!! I guess Lana only signed for 6 months. 

Updated On: 3/18/22 at 09:34 AM

jkcohen626 Profile Photo
jkcohen626
#602Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/18/22 at 10:28am

Surprised to see Lana go so soon, but so happy for Jewelle. I've heard incredible things about her Persephone and I'll definitely be heading back to Hadestown after she takes over.

In the meantime, RUN, don't walk, to see Lana. She's a phenomenal performer and every Hadestown fan should see her Persephone! As I said Yesterday, her Our Lady of the Underground alone was worth the price of a ticket!

kwoc91
#603Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/18/22 at 10:28am

Yesss so happy for Jewelle!! I saw her on as Persephone in November and she was great.

Phillytheatreguy10 Profile Photo
Phillytheatreguy10
#604Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/18/22 at 11:22am

I'm guessing Lana is heading back over to Chicago. 

BJones3
#605Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/22/22 at 7:30pm

Is Reeve returning to the show? He hasn’t been on in a few weeks.

Sayo wrote a long Instagram post about his principle debut as Orpheus? Does that mean he is now going to be performing the role or is he still a swing? 

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#606Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/22/22 at 7:33pm

Trent also covers Orpheus. If Reeve is going to be out for an extended period of time, they'll likely rotate those two in the role.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#607Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/22/22 at 7:40pm

Timothy Hughes will be Hades for both shows tomorrow.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

BJones3
#608Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/22/22 at 8:19pm

It was his wording that made me wonder cause he said his “principal” debut. I didn’t know a swing would also be called a principal so wondered if he was taking over the role although I figured there would be an announcement. I’m also not really savvy in theater language so maybe principal refers to the role more so than the actor

poisonivy2 Profile Photo
poisonivy2
#609Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/22/22 at 8:21pm

At Hadestiwn tonight. All the principals are on. Tara Jackson is a fate.

Alexander Lamar
#610Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/22/22 at 8:22pm

Reeve was back in the show Saturday. Seems like he had COVID. Sayo meant his debut in a principal role. 

Updated On: 3/22/22 at 08:22 PM

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#611Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/22/22 at 8:25pm

poisonivy2 said: "At Hadestiwn tonight. All the principals are on. Tara Jackson is a fate."

I guess Kay is the Fate that's still out then?

Texas Tanya
#612Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/22/22 at 10:01pm

BJones3 said: "Is Reeve returning to the show? He hasn’t been on in a few weeks.

Sayo wrote a long Instagram post about his principle debut as Orpheus? Does that mean he is now going to be performing the role or is he still a swing?
"

Reeve was back in the show as of Saturday (19th).  We saw the show Saturday night.  We stressed like crazy last week worrying the show would be cancelled but all was good and for me the third time was the charm!  I missed the show in March 2020 due to Broadway shutdown and missed the tour in January when the Houston shows were all cancelled due to covid.  The show was amazing.  Everything we dreamed it would be!

Andre was out so we saw Trent as Hermes.  We were bummed to miss Andre but Trent was really fantastic.  We were also super bummed when Amber left just weeks before we would see the show.  But.......Lana was phenomenal.  

Cannot say enough good things about the show.  We just loved every single second of it!

OceansJenny Profile Photo
OceansJenny
#613Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/22/22 at 10:25pm

Anyone catch Timothy Hughes as Hades? He’s wonderful to watch as a worker, very curious on his Hades!

poisonivy2 Profile Photo
poisonivy2
#614Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/22/22 at 10:48pm

The show is in great shape. It's great how into it Andre, Patrick, Reeve and Eva still are. Lana was good as Persephone but IMO she wasn't nearly as good as Amber Gray. Nothing against Lana but Amber was so much earthier and sexier. 

labellaragazza1 Profile Photo
labellaragazza1
#615Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/23/22 at 9:26am

OceansJenny said: "Anyone catch Timothy Hughes as Hades? He’s wonderful to watch as a worker, very curious on his Hades!"

Caught him a couple weeks ago and he was fantastic. His height makes for a very commanding presence. Very different vibe as Patrick/Tom read much older and Patrick plays it more jaded, like the deterioration of his marriage has been happening for SO LONG. Tim reads a lot younger and it feels like closer to the beginning of their relationship issues kind of a vibe. 

I always forget how lovely it is to hear "Hey, Little Songbird" actually SUNG with a melody. Really enjoyed his take. 

bwayplays
#616Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/28/22 at 12:33pm

FYI Timothy Hughes will depart Hadestown on April 10th. 

MadsonMelo
#617Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 4/6/22 at 10:48am

I have an extra ticket to todays matinee, if anyone is interested, please DM me, its an orch ticket 

MadsonMelo
#618Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 4/6/22 at 6:08pm

Was there for the matinee, the entire cast was there. They are superb, Eva, Patricks’ voice and DeShields stamina are highlights.

Rachel’s direction is simply sublime, best use of turntables in history, its breathtaking to witness the first “Wait for Me”.

And we know the end, but I asked for a greek god that in my particular show it would be different, I just cant take that hit. Thats how much I was drawn to this magnificent piece of real art.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#619Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 4/6/22 at 6:09pm

bwayplays said: "FYI Timothy Hughes will depart Hadestown on April 10th."

No!

MadsonMelo
#620Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 4/6/22 at 6:12pm

bwayplays said: "FYI Timothy Hughes will depart Hadestown on April 10th."

Glad I saw him, what a presence - to say the least.

Updated On: 4/6/22 at 06:12 PM

OceansJenny Profile Photo
OceansJenny
#621Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 4/8/22 at 12:04am

So sad Timothy is leaving! Hopefully for another wonderful project we can go see him in!

Agentcarter926
#622Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 4/11/22 at 2:38pm

Does anyone know if Andre DeShields' last performance is at the 2pm or the 7:30pm on May 29?

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#623Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 4/11/22 at 2:44pm

It SHOULD be the 2nd show.   

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Agentcarter926
#624Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 4/11/22 at 2:45pm

They haven't specified and I didn't even realize that there were 2 shows that day...so we bought tickets for the 7:30pm

Videos