pixeltracker

Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery- Page 26

Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery

sparklegem
#625Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 10/3/17 at 8:40pm

I think I've discovered too late that Telecharge has been misleading me. Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions

I hoped I could get a ticket for 10/6 or 10/7 evening to see Platt and have been frequently checking Telecharge the past two days.  Today, though, almost the entire day, I've been getting the error "We're sorry, we're having a problem with this feature of the site right now.  Please try again." on the Telecharge site.  I assumed that there were problems with the site (as the message stated), and lamented that I'd probably missed my chance at a ticket, but that there was little to do about server problems.

Only at 5pm did I finally realize that the error message was wrong.  It wasn't a site problem...  I suspect that Telecharge was actually blocking my IP from loading the page due to the frequency with which I was querying for available seats since it worked fine as soon as I connected my device to a different wireless network.  Now, 4+ hours after I've quit frequent querying, I'm still blocked from the site.  Be careful when searching for new availability!

I'd also like to say a thank you to the knowledge, guidance, and ticket sightings that folks have contributed to this thread.

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#626Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 10/3/17 at 9:21pm

The same thing happened to me yesterday afternoon, sparklegem. Now, 32 hours later, I'm still unable to search using the Wi-Fi in my home, only through the 4G on my phone, or public Wi-Fi. Earlier today, I emailed Telecharge about the issue, and I'm hoping it will be resolved sometime soon. Don't they know I need to post about ticket availability?! wink

wolverine3
#627Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 10/3/17 at 10:08pm

No kidding :)  Seriously though thanks CT2 for the insight on the 'let telecharge pick your seat' function.  I had pretty much given up on seeing Ben as I refuse to pay more than face value for a ticket and wasn't too hopeful on the lottery. 

Super psyched about Friday's show!

Exitstageleft
#628Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 10/4/17 at 12:35am

So right after buying my ticket, I immediately got an email from Telecharge with all the specifics, price, etc. I know that I’m supposed to print the ticket to bring, but I don’t actually see a ticket with a barcode. Am I doing something wrong?

MtTemple4 Profile Photo
MtTemple4
#629Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 10/4/17 at 12:36am

Telecharge always sends a separate email (typically on another day) with the ticket to print out. For instance, I haven’t received my Friday ticket (though I received the confirmation email this morning). 

Exitstageleft
#630Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 10/4/17 at 12:41am

@MtTemple, thanks for that info. 

michaelhale
#631Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 10/4/17 at 1:18am

What are the upsides/downsides to print at home tickets versus will call ones? I've only ever done Will Call.

LesWickedly Profile Photo
LesWickedly
#632Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 10/4/17 at 2:04am

I always prefer will call. Don’t have to worry about forgetting your tickets or printing them. Also, the physical tickets from the box office are much nicer. The only reason I’d prefer etickets is if you purchase far in advanced and just want to look at the tickets haha, but will call is my favorite option.

Updated On: 10/4/17 at 02:04 AM

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#633Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 10/4/17 at 2:16am

LesWickedly said: "I always prefer will call. Don’t have to worry about forgetting your tickets or printing them."

If you forget them, or don't print them, you can still go to the box office and make them do it.

Updated On: 10/4/17 at 02:16 AM

LesWickedly Profile Photo
LesWickedly
#634Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 10/4/17 at 2:21am

Didn’t know that! But still, will call gets rid of the whole struggle, for me personally. 

sparklegem
#635Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 10/4/17 at 11:23am

Would anyone be interested in possibly splitting a pair of tickets bought off of a verified reseller like StubHub for this Friday 10/6?  I only need one ticket, and the resellers using only sell pairs.

I would be looking for tickets that are around $320 or less, and I imagine for logistics we'd have to meet up in person to settle the purchase Friday evening.

Updated On: 10/4/17 at 11:23 AM

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#636Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 10/4/17 at 3:58pm

To everyone who, like myself, appears to have been blocked by Telecharge while searching for DEH tickets: don't worry, it's not permanent. At least that's what customer service told me. The problem arises from using too many browsers/apps at the same time on a single Wi-Fi connection/IP address. The system will flag you as being up to no good, and will "shun" you for a period of time, supposedly 24-48 hours. It's been over 48 hours since I was bumped off, so I guess I'll have to wait it out until the problem is resolved. In the meantime, public Wi-Fi or 4G will have to suffice.

sparklegem
#637Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 10/4/17 at 4:06pm

CT2NYC said: "To everyone who, like myself, appears to have been blocked by Telecharge while searching for DEH tickets: don't worry, it's not permanent. At least that's what customer service told me. The problem arises from using too many browsers/apps at the same time on a singleWi-Fi connection/IP address. The system will flag you as being up to no good, and will "shun" you for a period of time, supposedly 24-48 hours. It's been over 48 hours since I was bumped off, so Iguess I'll have to wait it out until the problem isresolved. In the meantime, public Wi-Fi or 4G will have to suffice."

Thanks for reporting back on this.  For my part, I'm unhappy with Telecharge.  If the website would just say that it had blocked me, then I would have known to use another connection and use the website less frequently.  Instead their error actually instructs you to "Try Again", and as a result I missed out on my chance to get a ticket, and wasted a huge amount of time refreshing a blocked website.

Updated On: 10/4/17 at 04:06 PM

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#638Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 10/4/17 at 4:19pm

CT2NYC said: "To everyone who, like myself, appears to have been blocked by Telecharge while searching for DEH tickets: don't worry, it's not permanent. At least that's what customer service told me. The problem arises from using too many browsers/apps at the same time on a singleWi-Fi connection/IP address. The system will flag you as being up to no good, and will "shun" you for a period of time, supposedly 24-48 hours. It's been over 48 hours since I was bumped off, so Iguess I'll have to wait it out until the problem isresolved. In the meantime, public Wi-Fi or 4G will have to suffice."

At least Ticketmaster just completely shuts you out very obviously, to the point where you can't even see the home page, when it flags you...

Exitstageleft
#639Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 10/4/17 at 9:51pm

How long does it take to receive the actual ticket in an email?

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#640Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 10/4/17 at 9:56pm

Exitstageleft said: "How long does it take to receive the actual ticket in an email?"

There's a 3-day hold on emailed tickets. For Saturday's show, you should receive the email early Friday morning, probably in the wee hours.

Exitstageleft
#641Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 10/4/17 at 10:03pm

CT2NYC said: "Exitstageleft said: "How long does it take to receive the actual ticket in an email?"

There's a 3-day hold on emailed tickets. For Saturday's show, you should receive the email early Friday morning, probably in the wee hours.
"

Thanks so much for your quick reply!

AnastasiaDEH Profile Photo
AnastasiaDEH
#642Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 10/4/17 at 11:49pm

Finally went today for the first time! And just wanted to thank everyone here because I wouldn’t have been able to buy my ticket if it wasn’t for all the info in this thread, seriously. It was freakingshly amazing (Cynthia was played by Garret Long, Larry by Asa Somers and JARED BY COLTON which got me thrilled cause I really love Colton) no words for Ben, he’s out of this galaxy. Good luck to everyone still looking for tickets and thanks again :)

rachelxxray
#643Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 10/5/17 at 10:22am

Hey! I sent you a PM because I'm DEFINITELY interested in this! 

bwaylistener
#644Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 10/5/17 at 2:45pm

If anyone is still looking for a Friday night ticket, there is a premium ticket on Telecharge right now. Row E, seat 113, $450.

epeter
#645Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 10/6/17 at 12:37pm

Has anyone been in the DEH cancellation line lately? I know that there is no standard, but I’m just curious about the timeline and how early tickets are released. 

chuckydisc
#646Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 10/6/17 at 3:57pm

epeter said: "Has anyone been in the DEH cancellation line lately? I know that there is no standard, but I’m just curious about the timeline and how early tickets are released."

On Ben days you are likely to wait until almost curtain with maybe one pair and/or one/two partial-view singles given out ahead of then.

epeter
#647Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 10/6/17 at 10:33pm

Thank you for taking the time to reply! I appreciate it. 

Made.in.oregon
#648Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 10/7/17 at 10:31pm

Hi guys! I saw the show back in July with the Ben Platt and was obsessed! Even just bought the soundtrack on vinyl which is amazing!!! Was considering trying the cancellation line sometime before he leaves to see him one more time and my mom is dying to see he show. Any tips on when to arrive at the theater and what’s the best days to go since I know he no longer does the matinees or the Sunday shows. Thanks!

michaelhale
#649Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 10/7/17 at 10:57pm

Made.in.oregon said: "Hi guys! I saw the show back in July with the Ben Platt and was obsessed! Even just bought the soundtrack on vinyl which is amazing!!! Was considering trying the cancellation line sometime before he leaves to see him one more time and my mom is dying to see he show. Any tips on when to arrive at the theaterand what’s the best days to go since I know he no longer does the matinees or the Sunday shows. Thanks!"

He still does Sunday shows, and I am not sure when the best days are but I would say go in the early morning to be first in line if you want to ensure a ticket (from what I have heard there's always at least one ticket available daily), but also there's no harm in coming in around 2-4PM, as people have gotten tickets and come that late before, but that is much more of a gamble.

Videos