pixeltracker

The Official TDF Thread- Page 29

The Official TDF Thread

LarryD2
#700The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 8/19/17 at 7:06am

Itonlytakesajourney said: "Are Wicked and/or Aladdin on TDF? I'd assume Wicked isn't, but I have no clue on Aladdin. 

"

Neither are ever on TDF.

Itonlytakesajourney Profile Photo
Itonlytakesajourney
#701The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 8/19/17 at 7:55am

LarryD2 said: "Itonlytakesajourney said: "Are Wicked and/or Aladdin on TDF? I'd assume Wicked isn't, but I have no clue on Aladdin. 

"

Neither are ever on TDF.

Thanks, I figured as much.

annenyc2
#702The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 8/19/17 at 10:39pm

Got center orch row N for Bandstand this past Thursday

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#703The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 8/25/17 at 12:22pm

1984 anyone? How have the TDF seats been?

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

raddersons Profile Photo
raddersons
#704The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 8/25/17 at 12:40pm

AC126748 said: "1984 anyone? How have the TDF seats been?"

Went a few months ago. TDF gave us Orchestra, around 6-8 rows back, pretty close to center. You don't want to be any closer for a show this jarring. Marvelous seats. Really enjoyed the show as well, but it took 24 hours to process. You'll like it if you like modern European-style theater (a la American Psycho). 

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#705The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 8/25/17 at 12:57pm

Thanks for the insight! I just grabbed a ticket for tomorrow. Been on the fence for a while, but figure you can't go wrong at TDF prices.

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body
Updated On: 8/25/17 at 12:57 PM

@z5
#706The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 8/25/17 at 7:51pm

Did 1984 back in June and got side orch, row O. seats weren't bad.

HBBrock
#707The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 9/5/17 at 2:17pm

The first full two weeks of The Portuguese Kid is now on TDF (Jason Alexander, Sherie Rene Scott, Mary Testa)

TheatreRocks Profile Photo
TheatreRocks
#708The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 9/5/17 at 2:35pm

What is taking them so long to put up the weekend dates for Miss Saigon? It is usually done on monday

mijofly19
#709The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 9/5/17 at 4:31pm

Has anybody gotten A Doll's House with the new cast? Where have the seats been?

raddersons Profile Photo
raddersons
#710The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 9/5/17 at 5:18pm

mijofly19 said: "Has anybody gotten A Doll's House with the new cast? Where have the seats been?"

With the old cast (in the heat of the tony-nom hype) I was last row center orchestra, which was a great seat. I would only imagine they are better now. 

poisonivy2 Profile Photo
poisonivy2
#711The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 9/5/17 at 10:30pm

I am extremely disappointed in the TDF tickets for Hello Dolly! I was given rear balcony, and TDF tickets are $47, which makes it MORE expensive than if you were to go through todaytix, the telecharge discount code, and/or TKTS. I was so upset with the seats that I gave my ticket away and walked over to TKTS where I got a beautiful orchestra seat for only a little more than the TDF ticket. I am really disgusted that the TDF tickets for Hello Dolly! are more expensive than the actual ticket price.

JSquared2
#712The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 9/5/17 at 10:36pm

poisonivy2 said: "I am extremely disappointed in the TDF tickets for Hello Dolly! I was given rear balcony, and TDF tickets are $47, which makes it MORE expensive than if you were to go through todaytix, the telecharge discount code, and/or TKTS. I was so upset with the seats that I gave my ticket away and walked over to TKTS where I got a beautiful orchestra seat for only alittle more than the TDF ticket. I am really disgusted that the TDF tickets for Hello Dolly! are more expensive than the actual ticket price."

A). The TDF page has clearly stated that the tickets would be in the balcony.

B). Regular price Balcony seats are significantly more expensive than $47

But hey---you sure taught them a lesson by buying TWO tickets instead of one!!  LOL

ethan231h Profile Photo
ethan231h
#713The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 9/5/17 at 10:39pm

poisonivy2 said: "I am extremely disappointed in the TDF tickets for Hello Dolly! I was given rear balcony, and TDF tickets are $47, which makes it MORE expensive than if you were to go through todaytix, the telecharge discount code, and/or TKTS. I was so upset with the seats that I gave my ticket away and walked over to TKTS where I got a beautiful orchestra seat for only alittle more than the TDF ticket. I am really disgusted that the TDF tickets for Hello Dolly! are more expensive than the actual ticket price."

THATS TERRIBLE!!! I really don't know if thats the fault of the box office at the Shubert or TDF itself (who picks the seats?) ...Definitely complain

poisonivy2 Profile Photo
poisonivy2
#714The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 9/5/17 at 10:46pm

On the plus side Analisa Leaming was wonderful as Kate Baldwin's understudy. Gorgeous face, lovely voice, real winning presence, and Donna led her out for a solo bow at the end which was nice. 

EthelMae Profile Photo
EthelMae
#715The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 9/6/17 at 12:19am

Sad to hear about the TDF situation posted here for Dolly with Donna. I'm going again Sunday with 3 people who don't go to the theatre a lot. 5 tickets total. TDF did post, as has been stated here, that all seating would be in the Balcony. Some here have said they got both Mezz and Orch seating, despite that disclaimer. I hope I luck out.

That being said, I don't understand the poster saying that Today Tix and TKTS is cheaper than TDF. (I'm not familiar with Telecharge Discount Code) TDF is $47/ticket. Today Tix side Balcony is $39/ticket plus their service fee, which I think is 12.50 a ticket. That comes to $51.50/ticket-more than TDF and you will be in the Balcony. At least with TDF, you have a chance of other locs.  TKTS is 50% off, I would think, top Orch seating, which I think is $229/ticket with Donna. That comes to $114.50/ticket plus the fees must come near $125.50 ticket- more than TDF.  Unless TKTS is selling 50% off other areas in the theatre? Usually, TKTS sells Orch seating, in my experience. The way I see TKTS being cheaper than TDF, for Balcony seating, is if TKTS was selling 50% off regular Balcony price of $59. Then I could see how it would be cheaper than TDF. I still don't know how you only pay a bit more than $47 at TKTS. Almost unheard of these days. Going back to TKTS and getting a nice Orchestra seat for $47 or "a bit more"? I don't see how that adds up. Other than Standing Room and Partial View, which is $47, unless I'm off there, TDF seems the cheapest way to go. My friends have grumbled about how they hope the seating is good. When you pay just $47, and these days it is "just", you have to be open to sitting anywhere in the theatre.  I don't have the scale of prices in front of me, but I don't think regular full price in the Balcony is cheaper than $47/ticket.

Updated On: 9/6/17 at 12:19 AM

EthelMae Profile Photo
EthelMae
#716The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 9/6/17 at 12:42am

EthelMae said: "Sad to hear about the TDF situation posted here for Dolly with Donna. I'm going again Sunday with 3 people who don't go to the theatre a lot. 5 tickets total. TDF did post, as has been stated here, that all seating would be in the Balcony. Some here have said they got both Mezz and Orch seating, despite that disclaimer. I hope I luck out.

That being said, I don't understand the poster saying that Today Tix and TKTS is cheaper than TDF. (I'm not familiar with Telecharge Discount Code) TDF is $47/ticket. Today Tix side Balcony is $39/ticket plus their service fee, whichI think is 12.50 a ticket. That comes to $51.50/ticket-more than TDF and you will be in the Balcony. At least with TDF, you have a chance of other locs. TKTS is 50% off, I would think,top Orch seating, which I think is $229/ticket with Donna. That comes to $114.50/ticket plus the fees must come near $125.50ticket- more than TDF. Unless TKTS is selling 50% off other areas in the theatre? Usually, TKTS sells Orch seating, in my experience. The way I see TKTS being cheaper than TDF, for Balcony seating, is if TKTS was selling 50% off regular Balcony price of $59. Then I could see how it would be cheaper than TDF. I still don't know how you only pay a bit more than $47 at TKTS. Almost unheard of these days.Going back to TKTS and gettinga nice Orchestra seat for $47 or "a bit more"? I don't see how that adds up. Other than Standing Room and Partial View, which is $47, unless I'm off there, TDFseems the cheapest way to go. My friends have grumbled about how they hope the seating is good. When you pay just $47, and these days it is "just", you have to be open to sitting anywhere in the theatre. 

PS : I did get a single Orch seat thru TDF. 

poisonivy2 Profile Photo
poisonivy2
#717The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 9/6/17 at 5:31am

TKTS 30 min before performance was selling 50% off ALL areas of the house, including balcony. 50% $59 would have been less than $47. I got a center orchestra seat at 7:30 for half off $159 which was only $30 more which considering how much better the seat was I considered a way better deal. So ... center orchestra for less than 100, or rear balcony for 47? I don't think TDF is a bargain at all.

Updated On: 9/6/17 at 05:31 AM

EthelMae Profile Photo
EthelMae
#718The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 9/6/17 at 9:19am

I stand corrected. Didn't know TKTS was selling all areas at 50% off for Dolly with Donna. I'll have to check that out. Good to know.

poisonivy2 Profile Photo
poisonivy2
#719The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 9/6/17 at 2:30pm

EthelMae said: "I stand corrected. Didn't know TKTS was selling all areas at 50% off for Dolly with Donna. I'll have to check that out. Good to know."

I should mention that all my other TDF experiences with other shows have been positive and I've gotten good seats, usually in the mezzanine. But I really think that charging $47 for the last row of the balcony at the Shubert when TKTS was offering 50% "whereever you want to sit" is no deal at all.

So ... I'd say if a show springs on  TDF grab it ... unless it's Hello Dolly! with Donna Murphy. There are other, much better deals around.

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#720The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 9/6/17 at 2:33pm

poisonivy2 said: "EthelMae said: "I stand corrected. Didn't know TKTS was selling all areas at 50% off for Dolly with Donna. I'll have to check that out. Good to know."

I should mention that all my other TDF experiences with other shows have been positive and I've gotten good seats, usually in the mezzanine. But I really think that charging $47 for the last row of the balcony at the Shubert when TKTS was offering 50% "whereever you want to sit" is no deal at all.

So ... I'd say if a show springs on TDF grab it ... unless it's Hello Dolly! with Donna Murphy. There are other, much better deals around.
"

Just putting it out there: My TDF tickets for DOLLY (with Donna) were center orchestra, so your experience is not necessarily representational. Having been a TDF member for more than 15 years, I can tell you that it's intensely luck of the draw. 

moira8
#721The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 9/6/17 at 3:10pm

I'm a little confused. It does state on TDF that seating is in the Balcony. And while it's true that some lucked out and got better seats, shouldn't you have had the mindset when buying the tickets that there's a big possibility you will be seated in the balcony? This was the main reason I didn't want to buy them as I know I would not be happy if I do get the balcony seat. I would understand your complaint more if  the site did not state the seating location at all.

tresora
#722The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 9/8/17 at 10:22am

Given all of the recent posts about the seat location for Hello, Dolly!, I was so worried where my TDF tickets for yesterday's performance would be. I definitely lucked out, getting two rear left orchestra tickets – amazing view. I was so relieved.

10086sunset
#723The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 9/8/17 at 1:05pm

Cats is now available on TDF

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#724The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 9/8/17 at 1:35pm

Time and the Conways is available for several performances next week.

Videos