pixeltracker

A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC Rush- Page 3

A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC Rush

mybigsplash Profile Photo
mybigsplash
#50re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC Rush
Posted: 12/17/09 at 12:03am

People should know that there are only 13 standing room spots, and that if you see 13 people in line ahead of you, try again another day. They only give out 13 tickets for the rush, and one per student id, and they are strict about the id.

Stephen: "Could you grab me a coffee?" Me: "Would you like that with all the colors of the wind?"

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#51re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC Rush
Posted: 12/17/09 at 12:28am

Saw the show tonight from the balcony, and it's not THAT bad. If that's all you can afford, I would say go for it. I couldn't connect with the material as much from up there, but it still wasn't terrible.

mywonderwa11 Profile Photo
mywonderwa11
#52re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC Rush
Posted: 12/17/09 at 12:35am

mybigsplash - define "strict on the ID." Mine doesn't have an expiration date on it...never had a problem before, but you mentioned they're strict...

"Somethin's comin', I don't know what it is but it is gonna be great!"

Hex3 Profile Photo
Hex3
#53re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC Rush
Posted: 12/17/09 at 9:36am

They told me, at the BO, that as long as it says "Student" on it, you're fine.

taylorPHENOMENON2 Profile Photo
taylorPHENOMENON2
#54re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC Rush
Posted: 12/18/09 at 1:25pm

So...just to report from today: A fellow poster, my friend and I were there around 6. No one else got there until after 8, and that was only 2 more people. The crowd didn't start til around 9:30.

travismoser
#55re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC Rush
Posted: 12/18/09 at 3:09pm

A friend of mine and I got rush tickets for tonight's performance and didn't line up until about 9:35am. Even the people behind us who didn't line up until about 9:45am still got rush tickets, so it's completely unnececessary to get there 3.5 hours in advance!!!!!

tking001
#56re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC Rush
Posted: 12/18/09 at 3:14pm

They are standing room tix tho right?
I went to the box office yesterday and the guy told me only standing room is the rush.
Unless it's changed.

taylorPHENOMENON2 Profile Photo
taylorPHENOMENON2
#57re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC Rush
Posted: 12/18/09 at 3:27pm

It's always been standing room. Since the first announcement.

theaterkid1015 Profile Photo
theaterkid1015
#58re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC Rush
Posted: 12/18/09 at 3:30pm

"A friend of mine and I got rush tickets for tonight's performance and didn't line up until about 9:35am. Even the people behind us who didn't line up until about 9:45am still got rush tickets, so it's completely unnececessary to get there 3.5 hours in advance!!!!!"

Indeed it was. But, the box office guys think I'm a hoot now. And I met someone who saw CATS 500 times. Or maybe it was 32. Either way, I loved him. OH, and someone threw a book on my blanket.

But, on the positive side of things, I have feeling in my finger tips again!

Some people paint, some people sew, I meddle.

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#59re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC Rush
Posted: 12/22/09 at 10:41am

I was the first person in line around 8:25 this morning. If, in fact, there are only 13 spots, they were enough people to take them by 9:45ish.

I was surprised it wasn't crazier, but I'm glad I didn't have to wait out there for four hours in the cold (1.5 hours was plenty).

Looking forward to seeing the show again this evening!!

Yero my Hero Profile Photo
Yero my Hero
#60re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC Rush
Posted: 12/22/09 at 12:28pm

I was across the street at BURN THE FLOOR! If I'd known you were in that line, I would have come over to say hi!

(No, I don't enjoy waiting in line for no reason, I had planned on getting to the box office at 10 so I could buy my tickets and go straight to work, I just happened to get there a few minutes early, so I waited.)

Nothing matters but knowing nothing matters. ~ Wicked
Everything in life is only for now. ~ Avenue Q
There is no future, there is no past. I live this moment as my last. ~ Rent

"He's a tramp, but I love him."

WithoutATrace
#61re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC Rush
Posted: 12/26/09 at 9:31pm

Do you have to be a student to do standing room for this show? My friend may want to get a standing room ticket, but he is not a student. Is the box office only selling SRO to students?

Thanks in advance.

Blockhead24 Profile Photo
Blockhead24
#62re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC Rush
Posted: 12/26/09 at 9:33pm

I believe it's only for students

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#63re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC Rush
Posted: 12/26/09 at 9:35pm

Is the box office only selling SRO to students?

- Well did they ask for an ID when you rushed it?

WithoutATrace
#64re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC Rush
Posted: 12/26/09 at 9:42pm

They didn't have to ask me...because I already had mine out of my wallet to show the man at the box office.

When I rushed MEMPHIS on Wednesday, they did not look at my ID.

perfectlymarvelous Profile Photo
perfectlymarvelous
#65re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC Rush
Posted: 12/27/09 at 11:04am

I rushed the show on Wednesday evening and I got to the box office around 4 and got a standing room ticket...they didn't ask for my ID though, but that might just depend on who's in the box office.

Yero my Hero Profile Photo
Yero my Hero
#66re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC Rush
Posted: 12/27/09 at 11:05am

I'm sure it depends on who is working the box office if they actually insist on seeing your ID, but yes, the SRO spots are reserved for students.

Nothing matters but knowing nothing matters. ~ Wicked
Everything in life is only for now. ~ Avenue Q
There is no future, there is no past. I live this moment as my last. ~ Rent

"He's a tramp, but I love him."

Drunk Chita Rivera Profile Photo
Drunk Chita Rivera
#67re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC Rush
Posted: 12/29/09 at 4:58pm

Got there at 9:18, I was 6th on line.

Does anyone know if they have been seating the SRO people if there was any open seats? I'm so exhausted tonight and a seat would brighten up my day!

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#68re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC Rush
Posted: 12/29/09 at 5:01pm

Most performances are completely sold out. There will be no seats.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#69re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC Rush
Posted: 12/29/09 at 5:06pm

Does anyone know if they have been seating the SRO people if there was any open seats? I'm so exhausted tonight and a seat would brighten up my day!

You want a seat? Fork over $132. Otherwise, be happy you're in the theater.

Drunk Chita Rivera
#70re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC Rush
Posted: 12/29/09 at 11:02pm

Excuse me, I was asking a simple question that did not deserve a snarky response from anyone. I can't afford a seat for that much money. I apologize for wanting to sit for a 3 hour long show.

And last week there were 36 unused seats, there quite possibly could have been unused seats at th performance I went to. So my question was not stupid and seemed perfectly reasonable.

givesmevoice Profile Photo
givesmevoice
#71re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC Rush
Posted: 12/29/09 at 11:05pm

You could've gotten a seat in the balcony.

When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#72re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC Rush
Posted: 12/29/09 at 11:10pm

I can't afford a seat for that much money.
Then you stand up, as you did.

I apologize for wanting to sit for a 3 hour long show.
Then fork over the money.

You have two options here: either you pay more and sit, or pay less and stand. Why do you think you are entitled to a seat when your ticket says standing room? What makes you so special? If you want to spend less money, then you have to deal with the inconvenience of standing up. If you'd rather sit down, then you have to pay more. Maybe you save money for a little while to afford it. God forbid you don't get instant gratification.
Updated On: 12/29/09 at 11:10 PM

binau Profile Photo
binau
#73re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC Rush
Posted: 12/29/09 at 11:29pm

DCR did not think he/she was entitled to a seat. He/she was just asking if seats were offered if not occupied because obviously, sitting is better than standing. Geez.

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000
Updated On: 12/29/09 at 11:29 PM

Drunk Chita Rivera
#74re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC Rush
Posted: 12/29/09 at 11:30pm

"You have two options here: either you pay more and sit, or pay less and stand. Why do you think you are entitled to a seat when your ticket says standing room? What makes you so special? If you want to spend less money, then you have to deal with the inconvenience of standing up. If you'd rather sit down, then you have to pay more. Maybe you save money for a little while to afford it. God forbid you don't get instant gratification. "

I NEVER said I was entitled to sit. I was wondering if they sat the SRO people if there were open seats, I never said anything more. So I don't know where you got this whole complaint story from me in your head about me refusing to stand or whatever S*** you're making up.

And then you start talking about "instant gratification" I ask a simple question and you are going off on me. I'm sorry that I would like to see as many shows as possible and would rather see more than spend all my money on one. It would take me a while to save up for a seat. And this was the only time I could see the show for a long time.

Please take the stick out.

Videos