pixeltracker

Falsettos revival cast album- Page 3

Falsettos revival cast album

sb2940
#50Falsettos revival cast album
Posted: 12/16/16 at 12:10pm

According to the Falsettos Twitter, it says it will be available to stream in 90 days! Can't wait, the iTunes previews sound great! (but still bugs me that they subbed 'wash and wear' for French lapel, that was one of my favorite lines...)

neonlightsxo
#51Falsettos revival cast album
Posted: 12/16/16 at 12:41pm

Yeah Sh-K-Boom doesn't post things to streaming right away. It's smart, IMO. They deserve the money. People should buy it if they can.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#52Falsettos revival cast album
Posted: 12/16/16 at 1:27pm

quizking101 said: "Per Amazon, it's due February 24, 2017"

Amazon is now saying: This item will be released on January 27, 2017.

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#53Falsettos revival cast album
Posted: 12/16/16 at 2:18pm

Even better but still not as impressive as Sh-K-Boom getting this double disc recording out in six weeks. If they can do that it shouldn't take Atlantic seven weeks for a single disc.

Jimbo2 Profile Photo
Jimbo2
#54Falsettos revival cast album
Posted: 12/16/16 at 2:45pm

Anyone else recognize William Finn in one song?

"If we don't wake up and shake the nation, we'll eat the dust of the world, wondering why...why?"

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#55Falsettos revival cast album
Posted: 12/16/16 at 2:54pm

This recording is absolutely stunning. The score has never sounded better, and the mixing is EXCELLENT.

The FALSETTOS recording saved 2016 (almost).

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

starcatchers Profile Photo
starcatchers
#56Falsettos revival cast album
Posted: 12/16/16 at 8:29pm

Jimbo2 said: "Anyone else recognize William Finn in one song?

"

The Baseball Game? 

the artist formerly known as dancingthrulife04 Check out my Etsy shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/dreamanddrift And please consider donating to my Ride to Remember, benefitting the Alzheimer's Association: http://act.alz.org/site/TR?fr_id=8200&pg=personal&px=6681234

@z5
#57Falsettos revival cast album
Posted: 12/16/16 at 8:29pm

Odd request, but would anyone be able to send me their Falsettos file like via email or something? Can't throw $18 at an album now unfortunately, due to school stuff, but want ittttt now lol. I'd be so grateful if anyone would PM me and say they would :)

HeleneIsASlut
#58Falsettos revival cast album
Posted: 12/16/16 at 9:11pm

Does anyone know who the female singer in A Day InFalsettoland is? Possibly Stephanie Umoh or Courtney Balan?

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#59Falsettos revival cast album
Posted: 12/16/16 at 9:20pm

@z5 said: "Odd request, but would anyone be able to send me their Falsettos file like via email or something? Can't throw $18 at an album now unfortunately, due to school stuff, but want ittttt now lol. I'd be so grateful if anyone would PM me and say they would :)"

OMG you can't afford something and might have to wait to get it until you can afford ittttttt? That must be so hardddddddd for youuuuuuu!

Mr. Nowack Profile Photo
Mr. Nowack
#60Falsettos revival cast album
Posted: 12/16/16 at 9:42pm

HeleneIsASlut said: "Does anyone know who the female singer in A Day InFalsettoland is? Possibly Stephanie Umoh or Courtney Balan?

"

Haven't heard the album yet but it's not Betsey Wolfe?

Keeping BroadwayWorld Illustrated

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#61Falsettos revival cast album
Posted: 12/16/16 at 9:44pm

it sounded like Betsy Wolfe to me

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

imdreamingbig
#62Falsettos revival cast album
Posted: 12/16/16 at 9:48pm

It's Betsy Wolfe.

SarahNYC2
#63Falsettos revival cast album
Posted: 12/16/16 at 10:08pm

Just bought it!

So excited to listen. Seeing Falsettos on Wed!

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#64Falsettos revival cast album
Posted: 12/16/16 at 10:13pm

Saw the show - loved the show but not this production - but what is a Falsetto/March of the Falsettos? 

icecreambenjamin Profile Photo
icecreambenjamin
#65Falsettos revival cast album
Posted: 12/16/16 at 11:11pm

I really do hope that BroadwayHD records this show.  It's a musical that should be preserved on video for people to see for ages.  This cast album though is absolutely sublime!

somechrysanthemumtea Profile Photo
somechrysanthemumtea
#66Falsettos revival cast album
Posted: 12/16/16 at 11:38pm

Sorry to say that I really dislike how the orchestrations sound on 4 Jews & The Baseball Game / these are the songs I've heard so far and I'm struck by how empty they sound. Perhaps the acoustics of the theatre make the band sound much fuller, perhaps the new orchestrations aren't the best, but the band sounds too fake for me to love - perhaps it's the synth?

icecreambenjamin Profile Photo
icecreambenjamin
#67Falsettos revival cast album
Posted: 12/17/16 at 1:20am

^They're actually the original orchestrations.  I actually think that they sound very full and very William Finn and very 80's.  The orchestrations on the original recording are actually not the orchestrations that were ever performed live off Broadway.  

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#68Falsettos revival cast album
Posted: 12/17/16 at 1:25am

t's an off-Broadway show that is on Broadway. It's not a grand sweeping score, but it is great. Just wish NYC had more commercial off-Bway venues. 

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#69Falsettos revival cast album
Posted: 12/17/16 at 1:26am

RippedMan said: "Saw the show - loved the show but not this production - but what is a Falsetto/March of the Falsettos? "

Falsettos is a combination of two one-act musicals by William Finn that had originally played off-Broadway: March of the Falsettos in 1981 and Falsettoland in 1991. (a third musical, In Trousers, was performed in 1979 and revised in 1985 though i don't know if all three have ever been professionally performed in repertory)

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

Mr. Nowack Profile Photo
Mr. Nowack
#70Falsettos revival cast album
Posted: 12/17/16 at 2:06am

They sounded fine in the theatre and they sound fine here. I do miss the horns from the off-Broadway albums but what can ya do.

The Tony awards performance had a crazy full orchestration done for a few numbers that I would love to hear a full version of.

Mr. Nowack Profile Photo
Mr. Nowack
#71Falsettos revival cast album
Posted: 12/17/16 at 3:35am

Perhaps something no one asked for, but since I'm really not a fan of the 2016 artwork I made an alternate cover that uses the title treatment and a silhouette of the pre-9/11 NYC skyline (inspired by the set design for the production).

Falsettos revival cast album

South Florida Profile Photo
South Florida
#72Falsettos revival cast album
Posted: 12/17/16 at 6:51am

Well done Nowack.

Stephanatic

Jimbo2 Profile Photo
Jimbo2
#73Falsettos revival cast album
Posted: 12/17/16 at 8:20am

starcatchers said: "Jimbo2 said: "Anyone else recognize William Finn in one song?

"

The Baseball Game? 

"

Yes! Great isn't it?!

"If we don't wake up and shake the nation, we'll eat the dust of the world, wondering why...why?"

Whateverjsays
#74Falsettos revival cast album
Posted: 12/17/16 at 8:52am

Jordan Catalano said: "@z5 said: "Odd request, but would anyone be able to send me their Falsettos file like via email or something? Can't throw $18 at an album now unfortunately, due to school stuff, but want ittttt now lol. I'd be so grateful if anyone would PM me and say they would :)"

OMG you can't afford something and might have to wait to get it until you can afford ittttttt? That must be so hardddddddd for youuuuuuu!

"Lol

Videos