Mean Girls Rush/Lottery

baconqueen
#50Mean Girls Rush/Lottery
Posted: 8/13/18 at 7:10am

Does anyone know how Wednesday rush and the lottery have been recently? Any info would be much appreciated!

FrizzyAnya
#51Mean Girls Rush/Lottery
Posted: 8/13/18 at 6:04pm

I was there for the Saturday matinee. In person lottery had maybe 75-100 people, with 10 winners. I got in the SRO line early. They had 10 tickets total, of which each person can only buy one, not two. I got one, and finally saw the show!

Musicalj367
#52Mean Girls Rush/Lottery
Posted: 8/18/18 at 8:31pm

I won on Tuesday, July 31. I recommend entering on Tuesday nights because there are like 40 people there, compared to other days where it has been 60+ people. I have won the lottery twice and both times, I had front row center seats. I will be trying again tomorrow and keep you guys updated! 

kelsey1389 Profile Photo
kelsey1389
#53Mean Girls Rush/Lottery
Posted: 10/7/18 at 7:30pm

Sorry to bump the thread, but apparently today was the last day Mean Girls was doing a lottery?? Does anyone have more info?? A friend saw it today and said the box office was telling people this was the last one.

ilysespieces
#54Mean Girls Rush/Lottery
Posted: 10/7/18 at 8:30pm

kelsey1389 said: "Sorry to bump the thread, but apparently today was the last day Mean Girls was doing a lottery?? Does anyone have more info?? A friend saw it today and said the box office was telling people this was the last one."

If that's accurate, it most likely is like Book of Mormon and is not doing an in person lottery and only seeking lotto tickets through the online system. Lucky Seat still has dates through the week to enter. 

theaterwiz414
#55Mean Girls Rush/Lottery
Posted: 10/8/18 at 5:39am

I don’t think it will be a permanent thing. That’s how a lot of their target audience sees the show so I doubt it’s permanent. Most likely just until the holidays? 

Also, people who are worried....how many times have you seen the show? Just curious, not trying to sound snarky or start anything. 

MadsonMelo
#56Mean Girls Rush/Lottery
Posted: 10/8/18 at 5:30pm

So, no official information about no more in-person lotteries?

I really to see the show and that was going to be the main way to try.

But now, I'll have to rush. Any recent new reports? I've heard that a person can arrive at 7am and still get a rush ticket, is this right?

MadsonMelo
#57Mean Girls Rush/Lottery
Posted: 10/11/18 at 3:46pm

bump

broadwayqueen2 Profile Photo
broadwayqueen2
#58Mean Girls Rush/Lottery
Posted: 11/1/18 at 4:43pm

Has anyone rushed during the week for mean girls? How early did you need to arrive? I would like to rush on Tuesday?

Joshua Land
#59Mean Girls Rush/Lottery
Posted: 11/1/18 at 5:28pm

I was also wondering how many hours ahead of time to arrive on a Saturday for a decent chance of getting rush or standing room?

MadsonMelo
#60Mean Girls Rush/Lottery
Posted: 11/1/18 at 7:38pm

I would say make it there around 7

Joshua Land
#61Mean Girls Rush/Lottery
Posted: 11/8/18 at 12:43pm

Sunday would you say same time?

MadsonMelo
#62Mean Girls Rush/Lottery
Posted: 11/8/18 at 6:31pm

Go at 9, it’s more than enough

BroadwayLover992 Profile Photo
BroadwayLover992
#63Mean Girls Rush/Lottery
Posted: 11/30/18 at 7:04am

I rushed Mean Girls on 11/21 (Wednesday). I got there around 7:15 and was 6th in line - the girls at the from said they were there before 6am. I got front row Orchestra at the end of the aisle. I couldn't see the plastics as soon as they entered (blocked by an actor) but other than that I thought the seats were great!

TheatreEdAubrey
#64Mean Girls Rush/Lottery
Posted: 12/17/18 at 10:06am

Hey everyone! 

I'm traveling to nyc the 29th-2nd and am trying to rush for a bunch of shows. I am planning on going to the Mean Girls line right away. Do you think i'll have a chance to get a rush ticket if I arrive Saturday around 8:30/9 or should I come on the Sunday earlier? Also do they let you pick if its for the matinee or the evening show? Thanks!! 

hmaybway Profile Photo
hmaybway
#65Mean Girls Rush/Lottery
Posted: 12/17/18 at 4:59pm

TheatreEdAubrey said: "Hey everyone!

I'm traveling to nyc the 29th-2nd and am trying to rush for a bunch of shows. I am planning on going to the Mean Girls line right away. Do you think i'll have a chance to get a rush ticket if Iarrive Saturday around 8:30/9 or should I come on the Sunday earlier? Also do they let you pick if its for the matinee or the evening show? Thanks!!
"

Not sure about the line times, but if you are in line for a two-show day... yes, they let you choose between matinee or evening show. 

measure your life in love | make up your mind that you're strong enough | #youwillbefound

aiber
#66Mean Girls Rush/Lottery
Posted: 1/10/19 at 6:53pm

Hi ALL!  Thinking about rushing.  Where are the seats located?  Are they partial view?  Any info will help.  Don't want to seem greedy but I would rather not see show if partial view.  We've had some bad experiences.

Updated On: 1/15/19 at 06:53 PM

amandap213
#67Mean Girls Rush/Lottery
Posted: 1/21/19 at 5:12pm

i rushed wednesday jan 16 (pink wednesday). arrived at the theatre around 7:20am and was the third person in line. the first lady in line got there at 5am. the line started getting long around 8-9am. the people in front of me bought two tickets each, so i got the 6th ticket available. the first lady in line had orchestra row A seat 3 but partial view, on the far left side of the stage. i purchased pink rush tix bc they were cheaper and they honestly dont care if you wear pink or not. my seats were AMAZING! orchestra row H (8th row from the front) seats 103 and 104 completely unobstructed view hope this helps!

(Insert Clever Name) Profile Photo
(Insert Clever Name)
#68Mean Girls Rush/Lottery
Posted: 2/10/19 at 11:42am

How early should I get there if I want to get 3-4 tix (we are multiple people) on Saturday the 23rd?

Annette170
#69Mean Girls Rush/Lottery
Posted: 2/13/19 at 2:19pm

We got there at 6:45am and were 3rd in line. By 7:15 it started to pick up and by 10am there were approximately 80-100 people in line. As the 3rd person in line, we got the last orchestra tickets for that day (Wednesday evening). We got three front row, left orchestra seats. Absolutely amazing seats. Since it was Wednesday, we paid the discounted irate and got 3 tickets for $98. I’d see the show again. Go early because the people behind us #4 in line ended up getting SRO tickets 

Updated On: 2/13/19 at 02:19 PM

(Insert Clever Name) Profile Photo
(Insert Clever Name)
#70Mean Girls Rush/Lottery
Posted: 2/16/19 at 9:30pm

Could it have been worse because of the holiday week? The earliest we can get there is 8... should we be okay getting there at that time?

RWPrincess
#71Mean Girls Rush/Lottery
Posted: 2/16/19 at 11:34pm

I think the holiday week for most is this coming week

chuckydisc
#72Mean Girls Rush/Lottery
Posted: 2/17/19 at 12:56pm

(Insert Clever Name) said: "Could it have been worse because of the holiday week? The earliest we can get there is 8... should we be okay getting there at that time?"

It is my educated opinion that an 8AM arrival on the weekend will get you nothing.  Maybe get into the city the night before and party till 5AM at which time you will then head to the line.

JuneJune
#73Mean Girls Rush/Lottery
Posted: 2/20/19 at 9:29pm

Hey... 

So I hear that if you're first on line, you're guaranteed left front row orchestra. But I've heard on more than one occasion, 3rd and 4th people got center orchestra (albeit aisle seats). 

If you're like, 2nd or 3rd, do you get center orchestra, or does 1st always get the best seats? I've been wanting to rush, but if "not being first" gets you better seats, y'know... Thought I'd risk it.

alex814
#74Mean Girls Rush/Lottery
Posted: 2/22/19 at 12:27pm

JuneJune said: "Hey...

So I hear that if you're first on line, you're guaranteed left front row orchestra. But I've heard on more than one occasion, 3rd and 4th people got center orchestra (albeit aisle seats).

If you're like, 2nd or 3rd, do you get center orchestra, or does 1st always get the bestseats? I've been wanting to rush, but if "not being first" gets you better seats, y'know... Thought I'd risk it.
"

This was my experience today, Friday 2/22. 

I was 6th in line, arrived right around 7:40am. The girl in front of me got front row and I'm assuming so did everyone else at the front of the line. I got Orchestra row K seats 13 and 15, which is extreme left side. They're not marked "partial view" and the picture from "A View From My Seat" looks decent at best.

The woman at the box office told me that the amount of tickets available for rush is generally based on how much they're sold for the performance that day. I mentioned that some people on the line had said sometimes they had as little as just 10 tickets available. She said that they're not wrong, sometimes they'll have very limited rush tickets, especially on weekends.

The moral of the story: get there as early as you can. Next time, I'll be there at 6 or 7. 

Videos