pixeltracker

Actors that write back to your letters- Page 3

Actors that write back to your letters

ChristineDaae Profile Photo
ChristineDaae
#50re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: act
Posted: 3/12/04 at 3:27pm

LouW95- Aww Lucille Ball is the best! I watch "I Love Lucy" all the time!

"Life will be frozen peaches and cream. Baby, dream Your Dream" ~ SC

LouW95
#51re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: act
Posted: 3/12/04 at 3:40pm

Although Lucy was a perfectonist at work, she was easy to talk with and very nice to her fans. Visit the Lucy-Desi Center in Jamestown, NY when you get a chance and check out their website.

http://www.lucy-desi.com/site_images/home_images/cnt_home.html

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#52re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: act
Posted: 3/12/04 at 4:39pm

TheGirlInTheFrock, I know this is a bit delayed, and I'll probably talk to you later, but your post was cute. As for the "Dear Mr. Pascal" one, you know that he insists upon being called Adam. One of my friends was asking me what she should call him before we were going to meet him. She was so paranoid about it. I guess how you approach is depends on the tone of your note, like someone else said. I think I wrote "Hi Adam," or something. Didn't you already write to him? You didn't back out, did you?!

A work of art is an invitation to love.
Updated On: 3/12/04 at 04:39 PM

chinkie azn jai Profile Photo
chinkie azn jai
#53re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: act
Posted: 3/12/04 at 4:56pm

When you include a SASE do you put a $1 stamp on it, for headshots i mean?

"Chicago is it's own incredible theater town right there smack down in the middle of the heartland. What a great city! I can see why Oprah likes to live there!" - Dee Hoty :-D

MasterLcZ Profile Photo
MasterLcZ
#54I've written a letter to...
Posted: 3/12/04 at 5:17pm

Ooh, Daisy! Who did you hear from?
I got signed headshots from Alice Faye & Martha Raye, and I used to swap Xmas cards with Lynn Bari.

"Christ, Bette Davis?!?!"

broadwaysweetheart
#55re: I've written a letter to...
Posted: 3/12/04 at 6:51pm

Daisy I bet Debbie never got your letter she usually answers.
MasterLcZ, YOU'RE SO LUCKY!! I wish I had a Martha Raye headshot!! I love her.
I also write to Hollywood Legends, I have
*Ann Miller
*Marge Champion (She sent me a letter and a signed magazine + a headshot)
*Kathryn Grayson
*Howard Keel
*June Allyson
*Lena Horne
*Shirley Maclaine
*Doris Day
*Liza Minnelli (I'm not sure if she answers cuz I got it from her sister Christiane)
*Brigitte Bardot (She signed "Viva Monica" cuz I'm from Mexico)
*Betty Garrett
*Mary Tyler Moore
*Dick Van Dyke

and I think that's it lol
Bye!
Monica
Ann Miller Online

TheGirlinTheFrock Profile Photo
TheGirlinTheFrock
#56re: re: I've written a letter to...
Posted: 3/12/04 at 9:32pm

LuvTheEmcee -- of course i wrote him. but if i had to use an example who is better than adam? hahaha

What do you guys write? -- im sry i dont know how all this stuff works. I know its basically what you want to say and to make it personal.

Are the headshots sent justbecause its them being nice or do u have to ask for them? Because if its just them being nice I would feel SO bad asking!!! If someone can just let me know what they usually write in letters it wud be great! I have wanted to for awhile to send them my support but never knew what to write

Though scattered and divided we are still its heart...AIDA SEPTEMBER 5th, 2004...one more longing backward glance... I AM NOW "TGIF!"

Chrysanthemum62001
#57re: re: re: I've written a letter to...
Posted: 3/12/04 at 9:38pm

Just from my experience and from talking to other people, Raul Esparza does not write people back.

"What a mystery this world. One day you love them and the next day you want to kill them a thousand times over." The Masked Bandit in THE FALL

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#58re: re: re: I've written a letter to...
Posted: 3/12/04 at 9:39pm

Lol, no one is better than adam of course!!

you know, just tell them how much you love them and their work. Make it personal. Maybe if you really, really want a response, ask them a question or something. Just show your support! That's the most important thing. As for headshots, I've never asked for one, but it sounds like sometimes they'll send you one if you don't ask, but it is ok to ask for one. Someone else will probably have a better answer for you on that.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

redmustang
#59re: re: re: re: I've written a letter to...
Posted: 3/12/04 at 10:11pm

In the mid-90's I sent a fan letter to Katharine Hepburn to her home in Conn. Didn't ask for anything, just praised her body of work and mentioned several of my favorite movies and why I enjoy them over and over. She sent back a typed note thanking me for remembering her, then personally signed it. I have it framed. Also, sent a birthday card to Sally Field to the theatre in NY while she was in The Goat. A couple months after the show closed, I received a beautiful b/w glossy photo from Calif. "To Dan, Always, Sally Field." Six Oscars between these two actresses. Some of the biggest performers are so sweet.

Britt0913 Profile Photo
Britt0913
#60re: re: re: re: re: I've written a letter to...
Posted: 3/12/04 at 10:36pm

I have written letters to lots of celebrities, and usually send an SASE. Most use the SASE, but some provide their own envelopes. Stars I've written to and have responded include:
*Raul Esparza...twice (he personally signed several things to me)
*Bernadette Peters
*Fab Five from QUEER EYE
*Sutton Foster
*Edie Falco
*Jane Krakowski
*Mary Stuart Masterson
*Jamie Lynn DiScala
*Lorraine Bracco
*Ashley Judd
and I'm still waiting on some from Hugh Jackman, Donna Murphy and the cast of Wicked

ShineOn
#61re: re: re: re: re: re: I've written a letter to...
Posted: 3/12/04 at 11:21pm

God, I honestly don't remember all the ones I wrote to... off the top of my head... Rosemary Clooney, Ann Miller, Jane Powell, Doris Day, Ginger Rogers (and that was when I was REAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLY little because she died when I was 10... my mom helped me with that... I must have been like seven years old)... I never wrote to the men I adored because they were all dead... why do the women always outlast the guys? re: re: re: re: re: re: I've written a letter to... I would have given anything in the world to have met Fred and Ginger.

Perhaps I should try writing to Debbie again. Does anyone know where I can reach her??? I REALLY want to meet her. She's like the one person in the world I want to meet more than anyone. I just want to give her a big hug and tell her how I adore her and ask her to be my adoptive grandma. LOL!

"You! You are the worst thing to happen to musical theatre since Andrew Lloyd Webber! And you, well, I just plain don't like you."
~Stewart Gilligan Griffin

brdwaybaby17 Profile Photo
brdwaybaby17
#62re: re: re: re: re: re: re: I've written a letter to...
Posted: 3/13/04 at 1:23am

"Kerry Butler wrote a nice note, and sent a signed picture.
But she's widely known to be one of the nicest kids in town."

Really?? I heard she was a, well, let's just go with the term "female dog" but I hope it's not true, cause I love her to death!! And I have a question. If you include a SASE isn't it like saying "Hey, please, no really please, write me back cause then I will feel special!" or something like that..... I don't know if you will get that, but I can't really explain what I am thinking.

CaTheatreGirl Profile Photo
CaTheatreGirl
#63re: re: re: re: re: re: re: I've written a letter to...
Posted: 3/13/04 at 1:30am

Over the years, I've sent just a few letters expressing my enjoyment of an actor's performance. Michael Crawford' personal assistant called and invited me backstage for a visit the next time I saw Phantom. I did and we had a delightful conversation. I received some nice notes from Matthew Broderick and Brad Oscar. Denis O'Hare and I had a photo taken together after Take Me Out and he was anxious to get a copy of it. The next time I saw him, he burst out with, "I have our picture on my mirror!" Love the guy! Most unexpected was after sending a letter to J. Smith-Cameron after enjoying her performance in Tartuffe. She responded with a wonderful full page letter. Based on her letter, she, like her husband, is a talented writer.

JP Profile Photo
JP
#64re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: I've written a letter to...
Posted: 3/13/04 at 9:26am

I've gotten a very nice note from Michael Ball after a friend told him about some recent surgery that I had. From what I understand he's very, very good at answering his own mail.

NYCbabe3789 Profile Photo
NYCbabe3789
#65re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: I've written a letter to...
Posted: 3/13/04 at 10:12am

"If you include a SASE isn't it like saying "Hey, please, no really please, write me back cause then I will feel special!" or something like that..... I don't know if you will get that, but I can't really explain what I am thinking."

No Brdwybaby, you are not the only one that feels that way. :) I never include SASE's for that reason.

brdwaybaby17 Profile Photo
brdwaybaby17
#66re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: I've written a letter to...
Posted: 3/13/04 at 11:43am

lol Do people ever write you back anyway??

Qfan Profile Photo
Qfan
#67re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: I've written a letter to...
Posted: 3/13/04 at 12:12pm

if you want to sorta be penpals with actors Rick Lyon from avenue Q is great and i've been contacted by Jeff Marx for my obsession with the show.

"Look on the Bright Side Not on the Blackside get off your backside shine those shoes! This is your golden opportunity: Your the lightning and the news!" -Assassins

NYCbabe3789 Profile Photo
NYCbabe3789
#68re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: I've written a letter to...
Posted: 3/13/04 at 1:38pm

I've only started sending letters recently so we'll see if I get anything back. :)

Crazy4MattMorrison52 Profile Photo
Crazy4MattMorrison52
#69re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: I've written a letter to...
Posted: 3/14/04 at 2:01pm

anyone know the address to mamma mia and millie?

"gimme a bottle of bourbon and half a chicken and i'll conquer the world!"

krolockskid
#70re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: I've written a letter to...
Posted: 3/14/04 at 2:28pm

Mamma Mia:
Winter Garden Theatre
1634 Broadway
New York, NY

Millie:
Marquis Theatre
1535 Broadway
New York, NY 10036

On a clear day I can see myself for miles

Princess MimiChica Profile Photo
Princess MimiChica
#71re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: I've written a letter to...
Posted: 3/14/04 at 3:21pm

I write to Marissa back in June when she won the Tony ,and just a few weeks ago she FINALLY got back to me! She sent a signed playbill (made out to me) and she told me to "NEVER stop the beat!" it was really cool =)
I wrote to Daphne a while back, and I got a signed postcard, but I don't know if she really signed that...oh well.

chinkie azn jai Profile Photo
chinkie azn jai
#72re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: I've written a letter to...
Posted: 3/14/04 at 4:03pm

I feel that if you send a SASE with your letter your saying you care about the performer by not having them pay the shipping and so they can sign the headshot and get on with their lives. It's nice that if you dont send a SASE and they mail you something back that it is more meaningful but i'd feel guilty. just my thought. and BTW how much postage do u put on those big envelopes for headshots?

"Chicago is it's own incredible theater town right there smack down in the middle of the heartland. What a great city! I can see why Oprah likes to live there!" - Dee Hoty :-D

Crazy4MattMorrison52 Profile Photo
Crazy4MattMorrison52
#73re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: I've written a letter to...
Posted: 3/14/04 at 4:08pm

wats mamma mias zip.and bow big of an envelope do you need.

"gimme a bottle of bourbon and half a chicken and i'll conquer the world!"
Updated On: 3/14/04 at 04:08 PM

newyorkuniq Profile Photo
newyorkuniq

Videos