Missheard Lyrics

Twilight Profile Photo
Twilight
#50re: Missheard Lyrics
Posted: 8/26/04 at 7:23pm

Well when I say the movie of west side story, I could have sworn in the jet song that instead of "on the whole buggen everloving street" they said "on the whole f***ing, everloving street".
Also, in Wicked, my friend thought that she says "when by the wizard you're acclaimed" she said "when by the wizard your AFLAME!". His logic behind it was, if your not with the wizard, he'll set you on fire.

I can't control my destiny. I trust my soul my only goal is just to be

adamized88 Profile Photo
adamized88
#51re: Missheard Lyrics
Posted: 8/26/04 at 9:51pm

the first time i listened to bare i just had my cd on as i was cleaning up and at the end of a quiet night at home i thought she said "a quiet night at home spent getting high" not getting by

aida - elaborate lives
"strangers lovers hearts entwined"
really "strangers lovers husbands wives"

"Nothing is an accident, We are free to have it all, We are what we want to be, It's in ourselves to rise or fall!!" - "Fortune Favors the Brave" from Aida - the love that never died
Updated On: 8/26/04 at 09:51 PM

wickedfan Profile Photo
wickedfan
#52re: Missheard Lyrics
Posted: 8/26/04 at 10:46pm

I thought the lyric in "Be Italian" were:
"Be Italian, Europe stallion."
instead of:
"be Italian, you rapscallion."

"Sing the words, Patti!!!!" Stephen Sondheim to Patti LuPone.

ChrisLovesShows Profile Photo
ChrisLovesShows
#54re: Missheard Lyrics
Posted: 8/27/04 at 12:00am

Oh my gawd, I'm laughing my ass off at "Europe Stallion."

Did anyone else every think that The Surrey With The Fringe On Top had "icy, glass curtains you can roll right down?" Well, one day recently I was reading the lyrics and was shocked to find that the curtains are "isinglass." And let me tell you what isinglass is (from www.m-w.com): "a semitransparent whitish very pure gelatin prepared from the air bladders of fishes (as sturgeons) and used especially as a clarifying agent and in jellies and glue."

Well, EWWWWW! I want my icy, glass curtains back!

"Do you know ChrisLovesShows?" "Yes. Why, yes he does!"

Rose_MacShane Profile Photo
Rose_MacShane
#55re: Missheard Lyrics
Posted: 8/27/04 at 12:22am

Another misheard line from RENT: For the longest time, I thought the line "How do you connect in an age when strangers, landlords, lovers, your own blood cells betray" was "strangers, landlords, MOTHERS."

http://community.livejournal.com/ltd_brands_suck/
Updated On: 8/27/04 at 12:22 AM

Paul LW Profile Photo
Paul LW
#56re: Missheard Lyrics
Posted: 8/27/04 at 12:41am

This is my favorite topic ever.

I have never audibly laughed so hard when reading at this message board.

nystateomind04 Profile Photo
nystateomind04
#57re: Missheard Lyrics
Posted: 8/27/04 at 1:12am

O.K., I've resisted posting this one, but I can't help it... first of all I SWEAR that it was my slightly off fried who heard this one in Les Miz's "Red and Black", not me- please keep that in mind:

line:
"It's better than an opera" (pronounced "O-per'-a")
her interpretation:
"It's better than an open ass" (pronouced "o-pen arse")

Yea, I really didn't know what to say to that, I laughed, but I stared in shocked amazement for a while first. Updated On: 8/27/04 at 01:12 AM

Paul LW Profile Photo
Paul LW
#58re: Missheard Lyrics
Posted: 8/30/04 at 1:01am

Bump!

I want more!

Step forth and admit your stupidity!

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#59re: Missheard Lyrics
Posted: 8/30/04 at 1:06am

When I was listening to "Long As I'm Here With You" on the Millie CD, I thought Muzzy was saying, "The FOOD is mighty nice." Instead, it is, "The VIEW is mighty nice."

EDIT: Also, on "The Strongest Suit," in Aida, I used to think Amneris sang, "From your cradle via true so." It is really trousseau.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611
Updated On: 8/30/04 at 01:06 AM

Crazy4MattMorrison52 Profile Photo
Crazy4MattMorrison52
#60re: Missheard Lyrics
Posted: 8/30/04 at 1:12am

i jsut realized recently at the end of cooties amber says i bet your 2 ton mammas got them tooo

"gimme a bottle of bourbon and half a chicken and i'll conquer the world!"

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#61re: Missheard Lyrics
Posted: 8/30/04 at 1:15am

Yeah the part about a cootie zoo and her "2 ton mama" is a little confusing to make out.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

NYBroadwayNY
#62re: Missheard Lyrics
Posted: 8/30/04 at 2:53am

When I saw WICKED for the first time, I had not heard the OBCR. So when Elphaba started chanting the spells from the book, I was like, "Did I just lose my hearing? I can't understand a word she is saying. Is the book in French? WTF!!!"

It was only when I got the OBCR when I read the made up words and I started laughing.

Delphine Profile Photo
Delphine
#63re: Missheard Lyrics
Posted: 8/30/04 at 3:01am

nystateomind04, I'll love you forever after reading that Les Miz thing. You should have posted that earlier!

Chip1012 Profile Photo
Chip1012
#65re: Missheard Lyrics
Posted: 8/30/04 at 5:44pm

ok mine isn't funny. But I thought in Lot's Wife it was "and I can't hardly breathe" insteand of "read." Breathe would work there too, she's underwater.

My Fair Lady Profile Photo
My Fair Lady
#66re: Missheard Lyrics
Posted: 8/30/04 at 6:04pm

I heard palasis in Popular and I was always confused. And I got a lot of the lyrics in No Good Deed messed up.

ShbrtAlley44 Profile Photo
ShbrtAlley44
#67re: Missheard Lyrics
Posted: 8/30/04 at 6:35pm

West Side Story, "America" -
The real line: "Everything free in America / For a small fee in America."
I thought it was "Everything free in America / Pour us coffee in America."

1776, "Momma Look Sharp" -
The real lines: "Them soldiers, they fired..(other stuff in between)..oh Ma, am I done."
My friend thought it was "Them soldiers, they fart..(other stuff in between)..oh Ma, am I dumb."

1776, "Piddle, Twiddle, and Resolve" -
The real line: "These indecisive grenadiers of Philadelphia"
I thought it was "These indecisive granite ears of Philadelphia"

Videos