Missheard Lyrics

EponineThenardier Profile Photo
EponineThenardier
#0Missheard Lyrics
Posted: 8/25/04 at 8:32pm

It happens to everyone,

Wicked: "....a denfinate chance, if you work as you should you'll be making CLOTHES"

I thought she said clothes, not good

GretchaSketh
#1re: Missheard Lyrics
Posted: 8/25/04 at 8:37pm

In Les Mis my dad always thought Fantine said in "I Dreamed a Dream," "but he was gone when Old Tom came" rather than Autumn. This was when I was really little and I always told him it was autumn but he didn't believe me till he looked at the lyrics. We still laugh about it to this day whenever we listen to it:)

What is your dream role?
My dream role would be to be myself. To be performing at the Hollywood Bowl and to have an audience there just to see me, as Stephanie. They are there because they like what I do as a singer, an artist and a person (the last being the most important). I enjoy escaping and portraying other characters, but to be accepted and wanted as yourself... that's amazing! --Stephanie J. Block Just one of the many reasons I admire and respect Stephanie!!

GretchaSketh
#2re: Missheard Lyrics
Posted: 8/25/04 at 8:39pm

It also took me awhile to figure out what Idina was saying in "No Good Deed." I couldn't figure out the part where she says "is that all good deeds are when looked at with an Ice-cold eye?" It was the ice-cold eye that I couldn't figure out. I would love to hear everyone elses misinterpretations:p

What is your dream role?
My dream role would be to be myself. To be performing at the Hollywood Bowl and to have an audience there just to see me, as Stephanie. They are there because they like what I do as a singer, an artist and a person (the last being the most important). I enjoy escaping and portraying other characters, but to be accepted and wanted as yourself... that's amazing! --Stephanie J. Block Just one of the many reasons I admire and respect Stephanie!!

Knck33rul Profile Photo
Knck33rul
#3re: Missheard Lyrics
Posted: 8/25/04 at 8:47pm

i thought it was "with an ice cream cone" LOL... dont ask...

and when she says "someone so good inside" i thoguht it was "so good in bed"

completely out of context and neither makes sense but it made for a nice laugh when i sang it front of my friends lol

jonartdesigns Profile Photo
jonartdesigns
#4re: Missheard Lyrics
Posted: 8/25/04 at 9:02pm

i don't think this is in any way mis-heard so much as really in the sung but in the who song- "aboo dores" or whatever is is "in how the grinch stole christmas" one of the lyrics is or sounds just like "join the ku klux klan"

"Grease," the fourth revival of the season, is the worst show in the history of theater and represents an unparalleled assault on Western civilization and its values. - Michael Reidel

GretchaSketh
#5re: Missheard Lyrics
Posted: 8/25/04 at 9:18pm

I love "with an ice cream cone." That is awesome!!!:)

What is your dream role?

BudFrump23 Profile Photo
BudFrump23
#6re: Missheard Lyrics
Posted: 8/25/04 at 9:21pm

When I first listening to Caroline or Change, I thought the washing machine sang "Put your face and the clothes in me..."

I'm as jumpy as a virgin at a prison rodeo!

CurtainUp Profile Photo
CurtainUp
#7re: Missheard Lyrics
Posted: 8/25/04 at 10:05pm

Ha! I thought it was Old Tom too! Not what I consider true Broadway, but when I was little I thought Little Deuce Coup, was Little Loose Poop or Little Loose Tooth!

Rosencrantz: "Be happy - if you're not even HAPPY what's so good about surviving? We'll be all right. I suppose we just go on." - from Tom Stoppard's Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

LuvUrBatBoy Profile Photo
LuvUrBatBoy
#8re: Missheard Lyrics
Posted: 8/25/04 at 10:11pm

In wicked during As Long as You're Mine I thought Fiyero was saying "And now I'm feeling so glad I fell" when he's actually say "And now I feel it's up that I fell."

Ive also heard if you play the 91 Revival of Hello Dolly with Carol Channing backwards you can here secret messages of Carol telling you to do heroin and have unprotected sex re: Missheard Lyrics

Yes that's me. No, it's not a Rent homage.

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#9re: Missheard Lyrics
Posted: 8/25/04 at 10:13pm

There's always the famous "Neverson Babies" from RENT. During "Out Tonight" Mimi sings "the nevers and maybes", but tons of people swore she sang "Neverson Babies" leading to websites dedicated to the subject and total mass hysterical speculation as to who the "Neverson Babies" were.... personally the first time I heard it, I heard "nevers and maybes" but I can understand how it might sound like "Neverson Babies" at times...

NoDayButToday2 Profile Photo
NoDayButToday2
#10re: Missheard Lyrics
Posted: 8/25/04 at 10:14pm

okay it wasnt missheard, it was missunderstood, but i made my boyfriend listen to les mis, and in 'i dreamed a dream' when fantine says 'but he was gone when autum came' or something to that extent, he though autum was the name of a girl, that fantine was lebian and had dumped her husband for 'autum'!

oy vey

and friends that have listened to rent for the first time think they are misunderstanding the lyrics when they really arent

hmmm i know i had some good ones but i cant remember at the moment ill post again if i remember

Jon
#11re: Missheard Lyrics
Posted: 8/25/04 at 10:22pm

As a child, I thought when Fagin sang "Be Back Soon" on OLIVER, he was singing about a "Big Bassoon"!

broadwaybaby654
#12re: Missheard Lyrics
Posted: 8/25/04 at 11:00pm

Not broadway but disney, in the little mermaid when she's singing "part of your world", she says "bright young women", My mom and I always thought she said, "pregnant women"!

little_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
#13re: Missheard Lyrics
Posted: 8/25/04 at 11:03pm

In the song "Downtown" from Little Shop I always thought the line "where the hotheads flop in the snow" was "where the hotheads f*** in the snow". Also, in "How the Other Half Lives" from TMM, I thought the line "paying Paul by robbing Peter" was "playing Paul by rubbing Peter".

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.

Rose_MacShane Profile Photo
Rose_MacShane
#14re: Missheard Lyrics
Posted: 8/25/04 at 11:06pm

I always thought the Neverson Babies line went "And all the stars of the lovers and maybes."

http://community.livejournal.com/ltd_brands_suck/

broadwaystar2b Profile Photo
broadwaystar2b
#15re: Missheard Lyrics
Posted: 8/25/04 at 11:08pm

This is so embarassing but sadly true
correct lyric:
No one cares for you a smidge when you're in an orphange
what I heard when I was 5:
No can give you a pinch when you're into oranges

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#16re: Missheard Lyrics
Posted: 8/25/04 at 11:10pm

I had no idea what Cheno said in Popular when she says "...a pal a sister and adviser..." I just slurred it whenever I sang along. LOL. (I always wondered what a "palasis" was) re: Missheard Lyrics
And also from Wicked

I did NOT understand Idina AT ALL when in No Good Dead she says: "my road of good intentions led where such roads always lead" I had absolutley NO idea what she was saying. Updated On: 8/25/04 at 11:10 PM

Delphine Profile Photo
Delphine
#17re: Missheard Lyrics
Posted: 8/25/04 at 11:12pm

Hilarious website for all y'all:

http://www.journey-on.com/lyrics/

BWayBoy88
#18re: Missheard Lyrics
Posted: 8/25/04 at 11:14pm

There are a few songs that I used to sing the wrong lyrics. I cant remember any of them

broadwaystar2b Profile Photo
broadwaystar2b
#19re: Missheard Lyrics
Posted: 8/25/04 at 11:22pm

Another one I remembered (more recent mistake)
From Out Tonite in Rent
Where this chick'll dance in the flames
I thought it was
Where this diva's all the rage

Delphine Profile Photo
Delphine
#20re: Missheard Lyrics
Posted: 8/25/04 at 11:25pm

I had the same problem, broadwaystar2b. I always thought it was "Where this chick will dance on the plains." It took me ages to figure it out. Updated On: 8/25/04 at 11:25 PM

little_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
#21re: Missheard Lyrics
Posted: 8/25/04 at 11:27pm

Delphine, I thought that was the line too!

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.

BroadwayDiva Profile Photo
BroadwayDiva
#22re: Missheard Lyrics
Posted: 8/25/04 at 11:40pm

I've always heard the "neverson babies" thing too for "nevers and maybes" in RENT.

Another one from RENT: The line goes "your own blood cells betray", and I heard it as "your own nut cells betray". I'm like WTF???

And I also heard the "palasis" from "Popular". There are so many, I'm not even going to list all of them.

I have my books and my poetry to protect me...

Roxie Profile Photo
Roxie
#23re: Missheard Lyrics
Posted: 8/26/04 at 1:37am

In I Couldn't be Happier....in Wicked, the line "Glinda...and finance." I thought it said and Beyonce. Clearly not logical but it really sounded like it haha.

DFYINGRVTY Profile Photo
DFYINGRVTY
#24re: Missheard Lyrics
Posted: 8/26/04 at 1:47am

my friend thought in wickeds "one short day" that galinda was saying" HOPE, ive always wanted to see the emerald city"...and she was like...who the HELL is HOPE! hahaha....and iw as like...its "OH, I always wanted to see...." hahaha...i still make fun of her....

...when we went to see the show...she YELLED it for me to hear when the part come up...it was quite funny....

Citizens of Oz, there is an enemy that must be found and captured! Believe nothing she says. She's evil. Responsible for the mutilation of these poor, innocent monkeys! Her green skin is but an outward manifestation of her twisted nature! This distortion, this repulsion, this - - Wicked Witch!

Videos