pixeltracker

Bush and advisors moving to interfere with "pro gay" theatre- Page 3

Bush and advisors moving to interfere with "pro gay" theatre

Switz78 Profile Photo
Switz78
#50Bush and his stupidity
Posted: 12/9/04 at 1:19pm

Is anyone else conjuring up images from Cradle Will Rock? I think the government tried to tell us what we could write and perform in once before, right? and I believe our response was to continue doing whatever the hell we wanted. First Communism and now omosexuals? Somehow I don't see how these two are the same threat to America. Oh that's right Homos aren't a threat. Bush is afraid of what he doesn't know and he doesn't know a whole hell of a lot.

He wants to stop stem cell research too because he's afraid that they will clone an intelligent version of him.

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#51Bush and his stupidity
Posted: 12/9/04 at 1:21pm

This incident also has been making me think of WPA and "Cradle Will Rock" all day...
We should perform the play about beaver communists for Bush.

SueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
#52Bush and his stupidity
Posted: 12/9/04 at 1:38pm

I love Jon Stewart. Last night on Larry King he talked about the homophobia in America. He said if it was such an abomination against God how come it didn't make it into "The Top Ten?"

So let's start with that list. Maybe this administration should consider the following before they attack...

I AM THE LORD THY GOD, THOU SHALT NOT HAVE strange gods BEFORE ME.
Does this include the President? Judge not lest ye be judged, asshole.

THOU SHALT NOT TAKE THE NAME OF THE LORD THY GOD IN VAIN.
Well, that would exclude practically every play, film, album and TV show that is not shown on one of the top networks with the exception of Barney and Spongebob.

REMEMBER THOU KEEP HOLY THE SABBATH DAY.
Close all theatres on Sunday, also, no Football, TV, Nascar or tractor pulls. No flea markets or church carnivals.

HONOR THY FATHER AND THY MOTHER.
What, no Simpsons?

THOU SHALT NOT KILL.
No Shakespeare, Tarintono, or executions in Texas. Not to mention Iraq.

THOU SHALT NOT COMMIT ADULTERY.
I think Jimmy Swaggart, Jim Bakker, might have something to say about this one.

THOU SHALT NOT STEAL.
Well, there goes Les Miz! Not to mention Enron, social security, and new taxes!

THOU SHALT NOT BEAR FALSE WITNESS AGAINST THY NEIGHBOR.
What, no Musto? Cindy Adams? Liz Smith? C’mon, now your pushing it.

THOU SHALT NOT COVET THY NEIGHBOR'S WIFE.
But that Bush Mama is such a hottie.

THOU SHALT NOT COVET THY NEIGHBOR'S GOODS.
So I can’t dream of living in the White House?.

PEACE.

jacobtsf Profile Photo
jacobtsf
#53Bush and his stupidity
Posted: 12/9/04 at 1:53pm

Please Remember that not ALL republicans are pigs...just most.

Apart from that this is DISGUSTING!
This world is so biggotted I can not stand it.

Side note-Elton John is not an American citizen thus has no voice when it comes to who is elected president of the US. He was being given a HUGE honor by the LEADER OF THE FREE WORLD. Even though he might hate Bush's guts that is a big deal.

David walked into the valley With a stone clutched in his hand He was only a boy But he knew someone must take a stand There will always be a valley Always mountains one must scale There will always be perilous waters Which someone must sail -Into the Fire Scarlet Pimpernel

LaeloftheLakes Profile Photo
LaeloftheLakes
#54Bush and his stupidity
Posted: 12/9/04 at 2:21pm

When I was done screaming at my father for raising me in a country that treats people as second-class citizens based on who they love, I came up with a plan:

No sex for anyone opposed to gay marriage! We'll Lysistrata them! Who's with me?

"I am special, I am special! Please, God, please, don't let me be normal!" ---Louisa, The Fantasticks
---
---
Intolerant of intolerance.

broadwayguy2
#55Bush and his stupidity
Posted: 12/9/04 at 2:29pm

I saw this last night and have been FUMING since. This "free country" is scaring me.

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#56Bush and his stupidity
Posted: 12/9/04 at 2:38pm

Gee, I wonder how the Log Cabin Republicans will justify this??

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

jrb_actor Profile Photo
jrb_actor
#58Bush and his stupidity
Posted: 12/9/04 at 2:53pm

Brilliant post, Auggie. Elton has very confused and conflicted views lately. I wish he would stand by them. I wouldn't have accepted the medal from Shrubya. In fact, I would have refused it at the ceremony.

Brilliant post to you robbiej. I think wallet values is why most people voted for Bush--that and fear. And, people really are shooting themselves in the foot.

And, I'm not moving to Canada--I'm going to stay and fight!

And, anyone who would criticize another country for commenting on the U.S. is just plain ignorant. Our media spends most of its time commenting on issues outside the U.S. If countries need to mind their own business, then why are we constantly in other countries'? Just moronic thinking!

ckeaton Profile Photo
ckeaton
#59Bush and his stupidity
Posted: 12/9/04 at 2:55pm

Well, if I didn't think that this was little more than babble, I'd be more upset.

If it is true, I am sad.

Hamlet's father.

#60Bush and his stupidity
Posted: 12/9/04 at 3:04pm

It is a matter of record that Katherine Hepburn rejected the offer of a Kennedy Center Honor until Reagan and BushI were out of office - and she was blunt about the reason for her refusal.

jrb_actor Profile Photo
jrb_actor
#61Bush and his stupidity
Posted: 12/9/04 at 3:09pm

God Bless Katherine Hepburn!

BreakingTheCircle07 Profile Photo
BreakingTheCircle07
#62Bush and his stupidity
Posted: 12/9/04 at 3:21pm

Katherine Hepburn ala Mario Cantone ala me
"Bush makes me shiver and quiver!"

*WARNING*
Upon reading that article this morning, I wrote the following passage for my weekly rhet assignment and turned it in, foul language and all. I'm sorry if I offend anyone on the board, but for nothing else.

HOW IS THIS MAN IN OFFICE???!!! FIRST GAY MARRIAGES NOW
HOMOSEXUAL THEMES IN THEATRE???!!! HOW IS... WHY IS.... I DON'T EVEN HAVE WORDS FOR THIS!!! F* YOU GEORGE BUSH AND YOUR WAYS OF “THINKING!!!” F* ALL YOU STAND FOR AND YOUR WISHES TO "WIPE OUT" YOUR COUNTRY!!! UNNATURAL??? I'D RISK GETTING PUMMELED OR SHOT BY A SECRET SERVICE ADGENT JUST FOR THE OPPORTUNITY TO KISS YOU ON THE LIPS TO FINALLY DRILL INTO YOUR BIGGOTTED HEAD THAT “GAY” DOESN'T SPREAD LIKE A COLD. NO, YOU WON'T CATCH IT, AND YES, I AM A GOOD PERSON!!! F* YOU FOR TRYING TO MAKE ME FEEL OTHERWISE!!! I AM A GOOD PERSON AND YOUR BIGGOTTED ATTEMPS TO MAKE ME FEEL LESS LIKE A HUMAN BEING BY STATING THAT MY WAY OF LIFE IS “UNNATURAL” IS BULLSH*!!! F* YOUR PRESIDENCY!!! F* YOUR GREED!!! F*CK THIS BILL!!! AND F* F*IN' TEXAS!!! HOW COULD ANYONE SUPPORT THIS??????

Love you all.
Stay strong.
Stay united.

Variations on a Theme blog: http://panekattack.blogspot.com/

jrb_actor Profile Photo
jrb_actor
#63Bush and his stupidity
Posted: 12/9/04 at 3:23pm

I want to add that this isn't as big a worry as it might sound on the production front. Most theatre doesn't depend on government support. They depend on subscriptions, private, foundation and corporate donations, and ticket sales.

What we need to worry about is if a domino effect of this mentality affects the others. And, we need to worry that gay theatre scripts are going to be affected in libraries, etc.

#64Bush and his stupidity
Posted: 12/9/04 at 3:39pm

I would love to hear Mr. Fierstein's reaction to this.

BWayBoy88
#65Bush and his stupidity
Posted: 12/9/04 at 3:44pm

Wow this really pissed me off. There just arent words to describe how much I hate this man.

BWayBoy88
#66Bush and his stupidity
Posted: 12/9/04 at 3:56pm

Sorry double post Updated On: 12/9/04 at 03:56 PM

PitPro2004 Profile Photo
PitPro2004
#67Bush and his stupidity
Posted: 12/9/04 at 4:00pm

As The Daily Mirror asked:

“How can 59,054,087 people be so dumb?”

I ask myself this question all the time.

Trust me; Bush' term in the White House will not last. He has alread escaped one assasination attempt this year, I feel he has plenty more coming his way. And it prolly won't be the Taliban at this point...he's too adept at pissing off his own countrymen.

"Sticks and stones, sister. Here, have a Valium!"

pab Profile Photo
pab
#68Bush and his stupidity
Posted: 12/9/04 at 4:21pm

Bush and his stupidity

"Smart! And into all those exotic mystiques -- The Kama Sutra and Chinese techniques. I hear she knows more than seventy-five. Call me tomorrow if you're still alive!"

South Fl Marc Profile Photo
South Fl Marc
#69Bush and his stupidity
Posted: 12/9/04 at 5:39pm

"Trust me; Bush' term in the White House will not last. He has alread escaped one assasination attempt this year, I feel he has plenty more coming his way."

Good.

And Rep Gerald Allens telephone # is
(205) 556-5310 - call and let him know what you think. Updated On: 12/9/04 at 05:39 PM

LittleBitRacist Profile Photo
LittleBitRacist
#70Bush and his stupidity
Posted: 12/9/04 at 5:47pm

I hope Allen and Bush both die a painful death Bush and his stupidity
I wish someone would just kill bush already and we can add a new song to Assassins with a sort of "Ding Dong the witch is dead" theme.

pab Profile Photo
pab
#71Bush and his stupidity
Posted: 12/9/04 at 5:48pm

Okay, come on now, you don't like his policies and I assume that most of the people on this board don't like them as well but don't get carried away.

"Smart! And into all those exotic mystiques -- The Kama Sutra and Chinese techniques. I hear she knows more than seventy-five. Call me tomorrow if you're still alive!"

LittleBitRacist Profile Photo
LittleBitRacist
#72Bush and his stupidity
Posted: 12/9/04 at 5:48pm

I hope Allen and Bush both die a painful death Bush and his stupidity
I wish someone would just kill bush already and we can add a new song to Assassins with a sort of "Ding Dong the witch is dead" theme.

#73Bush and his stupidity
Posted: 12/9/04 at 5:52pm

Little - that is way over the line.

Borstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
#74Bush and his stupidity
Posted: 12/9/04 at 6:14pm

This would probably be more effective. This is a suggestion from a blog called Diary of a Mad Librarian:

Dear all, I ask you to join a protest against Gerald Allen, the legislator who wants to bury all books with homosexual main characters.
There's two steps:

Step One:
Let him know what he's trying to ban! Choose a worthwhile book that his proposed law would ban, and send it to him.

State House:
Rep. Gerald Allen
Room 531
11 S. Union Street
Montgomery, AL 36130
(334) 242-7758

District Address:
Rep. Gerald Allen
8200 Old Hargrove Road East
Cottondale, AL 35453
(205) 556-5310

Step Two:
Please spread the word.

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” ~ Muhammad Ali
Updated On: 12/9/04 at 06:14 PM

Videos