pixeltracker

Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 24 American Idol- Page 3

Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 24 American Idol

beachie
#50re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 24 American Idol
Posted: 2/22/05 at 9:03am

God, he sucked last night. What a butt-chin, yellow-toothed, greasy poseur.

I feel so sorry for you who actually paid money to listen to him perform.

FabalaCohen
#51re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 24 American Idol
Posted: 2/22/05 at 10:12am

Decent singer if you ask me...but man alive. Did he BORE me.

"During this performance, please feel free to let your cell phones and pagers ring willy-nilly. However, do remember that there are heavily-armed knights on stage and you might well be dragged up and impaled." (Pre-curtain announcement at the new Broadway musical Monty Python's Spamalot)

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#52re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 24 American Idol
Posted: 2/22/05 at 10:15am

He wasn't that great last night. It wasn't his best vocal performance on the show.

Personally, I think he is sexy.

Feodor Sverdlov
#53re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 24 American Idol
Posted: 2/22/05 at 10:20am

I hope he is one of the two getting the boot. He's of last year's talent caliber, and that's bad. Overall, nerves aside, this lot is far superior to last year's; and the last guy, whathisface, is Justin Guarini!

scooter3843

AbbaRabbit Profile Photo
AbbaRabbit
#54re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 24 American Idol
Posted: 2/25/05 at 10:58am

I loved him.... When I met him after RENT last year, he was so freaking sweet. There was six inches of snow on the ground and still coming down and he stood around talking to us for about 15 minutes. He joked around with my cousin about his tie (it has piano keys on it) and asked me about the pin on my jacket (it had a crest on it and said "ireland")

Less is more
Ugly is beautiful
"My brother plays a drag queen... and I'm surprised he looks as good as he does in drag." - Adam Rapp

"thanks, abba. now i'll forever have an image of you as a tattoed hardcore straightedge grrl savaging people in the mosh pit." - papalovesmambo

"Yeah Abba. All the filthy crap you spew out there on those boards. I for one, am equally shocked. :-P" - AnnaK

futurewinnerbud
#55re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 24 American Idol
Posted: 2/25/05 at 11:10am

randy was definatley right... he had pitch problems. It wont hold him back though... more than half of the top 24 have pitch problems, especially the 1st girl that got the boot. Its a pet peeve I have and it especially bothered me. I really hope he doesnt make it to the top 12. I dislike them both, but if I had to choose between the rockers, it'd definatley be Bo Bice. Whats sad is that you could cast the next rent tour with the top 24 from american idol. Anthony (federoa) as Mark, Constantine as Roger, there was even a guy that just got the boot I could see playing angel... this is creepy

sipos
#56re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 24 American Idol
Posted: 2/25/05 at 11:32am

Mikhala as Maureen ...

Constantine's first audition song they aired on Idol was really great in my opinion. He sang, Steven Tyler's (well he sang it orig... )"Cryin". I was truly impressed. He wasn't as good a few nights ago, but I'm rooting for him. I like the rock voice being in the competition. He's got better presence than Bo, and that is taking people farther this year on the show. Bo was excellent Monday night though. Updated On: 2/25/05 at 11:32 AM

camerangel Profile Photo
camerangel
#57re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 24 American Idol
Posted: 2/25/05 at 11:32am

I cant stand Constantine.. his acting was subpar in Rent, he was more concerened with his hair than actually being Roger.. He has to be the worst Roger I have ever seen. Grossly miscast, not to mention vocally anything but impressed. Not to mention for the most part he's a complete A$$hole.. I really hope he gets voted off, and soon..

"All work and no smut makes Cammy lose her edge." ~DG

"Someday I'm going to have a baby and I'm gonna name her L'il Mimi Marquez and I and will sing to her every day and when she's a toddler I will say "L'il Mimi Marquez, clad only in a bubble diaper, will perform her famous play pen handcuff dance to the sounds of breast milk being pumped!" ~Kringas
Updated On: 2/25/05 at 11:32 AM

zippyjen Profile Photo
zippyjen
#58re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 24 American Idol
Posted: 2/25/05 at 11:37am

I am not surprised that he wasn't voted off. I am definatelly rooting for bo though.

"At the opening night party, they had clowns on stilts, jugglers, a chocolate fountain, popcorn, hot dogs. [My son] looked at me like I had been holding back. Like, 'This is what you do?' I had to tell him, 'No, no, darling. Opening nights don't usually look like this.' It's usually a dark bar with a bottle of vodka." ?Chitty Chitty Bang Bang's Jan Maxwell plus i proudly share the title of the shortest member over the age of 10 with wickedrentq!

musicalfandukie Profile Photo
musicalfandukie
#59re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 24 American Idol
Posted: 2/25/05 at 1:46pm

oh wow...i didn't even realize he was in rent i just looked at my playbill and he was in it when i seen the touring cast back in july!

also when i almost got to try out for american idol but didn't end up getting to after waiting outside in a line for 4 hours..then was told there was to many people there to audition them all...the paper work said a person auditioning could not have been under contract professionally ever. maybe they changed it now i don't know Updated On: 2/25/05 at 01:46 PM

Adam Chris Profile Photo
Adam Chris
#60re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 12 American Idol
Posted: 3/10/05 at 1:32pm

In case you didn't watch last night: Constantine is in the top 12.

I can't picture him as Roger (RENT)...at all. He voice doesn't seem strong at all! Updated On: 3/10/05 at 01:32 PM

DancerGirl16 Profile Photo
DancerGirl16
#61re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 12 American Idol
Posted: 3/10/05 at 1:34pm

Yay constantine

When someone blunders, we say that he makes a misstep. Is it then not clear that all the ills of mankind, all the tragic misfortunes that fill our history books, all the political blunders, all the failures of the great leaders have arisen merely from a lack of skill in dancing. - Moliere

EvelynNesbit1906 Profile Photo
EvelynNesbit1906
#62re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 12 American Idol
Posted: 3/10/05 at 1:35pm

I've never watched American Idol but I saw him in Rent last year. Is he bigger now?

Adam Chris Profile Photo
Adam Chris
#63re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 12 American Idol
Posted: 3/10/05 at 1:40pm

Bigger than what?
He clearly has a fan base (from Rent I suppose) that has keep him this far.

musicman117 Profile Photo
musicman117
#64re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 12 American Idol
Posted: 3/10/05 at 1:43pm

Adam Chris...

Constantine was kicked off last night and is NOT one of the top 12

.... just checked again..... and it seems as though i am completely wrong... oops

sorry guys Updated On: 3/10/05 at 01:43 PM

musicman117 Profile Photo
musicman117
#65re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 12 American Idol
Posted: 3/10/05 at 1:43pm

Adam Chris...

Constantine was kicked off last night and is NOT one of the top 12

just check this again..... sorry guys.... hes still in.... oops

Sorry guys! Updated On: 3/10/05 at 01:43 PM

GirlfriendFromCanada
#66re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 12 American Idol
Posted: 3/10/05 at 1:44pm

I doubt he's getting this far because of his Rent fanbase. Even though I'm sure people who didn't like his Roger are voting for him because they saw him, a lot of people don't even realize he's the same guy. I think he's somehow managing to get a new fan base with Idol. Maybe it's all that cat-dying screaming.

EvelynNesbit1906
#67re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 12 American Idol
Posted: 3/10/05 at 1:45pm

Bigger as in heavier in weight. :)

Feodor Sverdlov
#68re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 12 American Idol
Posted: 3/10/05 at 1:45pm

Constantine IS one of the Top 12, much to my disappointment. He's horrible!

scooter3843

EvelynNesbit1906
#69re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 12 American Idol
Posted: 3/10/05 at 1:46pm

He was pretty bad in Rent in Chicago. Fortunately, the actress playing Mimi almost compensated for his lack of energy. I can't believe I'm still paying off a credit card bill that includes the ticket for his performance.

Adam Chris Profile Photo
Adam Chris
#70re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 12 American Idol
Posted: 3/10/05 at 1:50pm

Wow, he was skinner in Rent then he is now? He seems pretty thin to me.

I predict he'll make it far as #6 or #7 on the show. Updated On: 3/10/05 at 01:50 PM

heyheyhey!
#71re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 12 American Idol
Posted: 3/10/05 at 1:50pm

he was? I thought he made the top 12! I don't agree, but he did make it.

GirlfriendFromCanada
#72re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 12 American Idol
Posted: 3/10/05 at 2:02pm

Yeah, he definitely made it. They threw everyone for a loop, making it seem like either he or Bo would be kicked off. Bo made it first, but they then did the whole "Constantine, you made it too!" thing.

Justice Profile Photo
Justice
#73re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 12 American Idol
Posted: 3/10/05 at 2:04pm

Hopefully, he'll be the first one voted out. His personality (from the episode of Elimidate) annoys me.

"Do you know what pledge time is, Andrew"? said the PBS Executive. "Yes", Lloyd Webber replied. "My 50th birthday special must be one program that gets done a lot." "No", mused the man from PBS heedlessy. "Not so much. Our Stephen Sondheim Carnegie Hall concert. That's a big one." Spoons, forks and knives seemed suddenly to suspend their motion in horror, all around the table.

EvelynNesbit1906
#74re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 12 American Idol
Posted: 3/10/05 at 2:08pm

What did he do on Elimidate? Did he make it to the last round?

Videos