pixeltracker

I need your guys help!!!- Page 3

I need your guys help!!!

Dirty Rotten Scoundrel
#50re: I need your guys help!!!
Posted: 12/11/05 at 6:15pm

Edit: I was such a loser on December 11. So, I'm erasing all quotes I put here. Haha.
Updated On: 5/16/06 at 06:15 PM

AnotherDay46 Profile Photo
AnotherDay46
#51re: I need your guys help!!!
Posted: 12/11/05 at 7:33pm

Wave your little hand and wisper so long dearie, you ain't gonna see me anymore ~ Hello Dolly!

SignoraDiva Profile Photo
SignoraDiva
#52re: I need your guys help!!!
Posted: 12/11/05 at 7:37pm

My yearbook quote was "There's a lot, I am not, certain of..."-A Chorus Line

InfiniteTheaterFrenzy Profile Photo
InfiniteTheaterFrenzy
#53re: I need your guys help!!!
Posted: 12/11/05 at 8:07pm

My senior quote in the yearbook was a few lines from Our Time from Merrily We Roll Along... But we also got to have a Top Ten quote if we were in the top ten of our senior class, and I decided it would be funny to have mine be:
"Who needs to read and write
When you can dance and sing?"
from the Nicest Kids in Town from Hairspray (which you mentioned is one of your fave musicals)... everyone thought it was really funny, because I was often made fun of for putting the drama department above academic responsibilities... but hey, it turned out okay in the end!

[title of show] on Broadway. it's time. believe.

TinyDancer Profile Photo
TinyDancer
#54re: I need your guys help!!!
Posted: 12/12/05 at 12:02am

the lyrics in 'MOVE ON' in sondheim's SUNDAY IN THE PARK WITH GEORGE actually were what i used in a similar circumstance 876765 years ago. I'm paraphrasing but they go something like 'move on, stop worrying where you're going, you've gone.'

something like that.
the whole song is appropo, but those lyrics are the ones i remember.

tinydancer

LiTtLeDaNcEr729 Profile Photo
LiTtLeDaNcEr729
#55re: I need your guys help!!!
Posted: 12/12/05 at 11:03pm

I would suggest NOT using Rent- I have a feeling it will be even more overused than it had been prior to the movie (if that makes any sense)

I'm a senior this year- I already had to turn in my quote (I used something from Company: "Don't be afraid that it wont be perfect, the only thing to be afraid of really is that it wont be"...something along those lines)- on my senior page (my senior class is only around 120 students- so we can buy a whole page if we want) I have longer quotes from tons of different things- "Our Time," "You There in the Back Row," something from "Pippin"...just lots of random stuff mixed in with pictures of me in my dance recital costumes from age 4-16 (I'm 17 now, but don't have dance pictures from this year :-/ )

broadwayboy430 Profile Photo
broadwayboy430
#56re: I need your guys help!!!
Posted: 12/12/05 at 11:29pm

to love another person is to see the face of God.

L. Mizzle

sognatora Profile Photo
sognatora
#57re: I need your guys help!!!
Posted: 1/29/06 at 11:50am

i'm trying to come up with a senior quote and i saw this thread... great ideas, but does anyone have anymore??
thanks!

Dre2387 Profile Photo
Dre2387
#58re: I need your guys help!!!
Posted: 1/29/06 at 12:13pm

"Have I mentioned today how lucky I am to be in love with you?" Last 5 Years

"If I didn't believe in you, then here's where the travelogue ends. If I didn't believe in you, I wouldn't have stood before all of our friends and say this is the life i choose, this is the thing I can't bear to lose. Trip us or trap us but we refuse to fall. That's what I thought we agreed on, Cathy. If I didn't believe in you, I wouldn't have loved you at all." Last 5 Years

<--- the set of A Midsummer Night's Dream that I was assistant stage manager for during the 2007 season at the STNJ outdoor stage.

-Dre-
You must remember all the same that at the crux of every game is knowing when it's time to leave the table... And it's important to be artful in your exit. No turning back, you must accept the con is done... It was a ball, it was a blast. And it's a shame it couldn't last. But every chapter has to end, you must agree.
~Dirty Rotten Scoundrels~

There's a special kind of people known as show people. We live in a world full of dreams. Sometimes we're not too certain what's false and what's real. But we're seldom in doubt about what we feel.
~Curtains~

It is a far, far better thing I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest I go to, than I have ever known.
~A Tale of Two Cities ~

Katurian2 Profile Photo
Katurian2
#59re: I need your guys help!!!
Posted: 3/23/06 at 8:34am

bump- I just found this board and thought it was cool and quotes are due for my yearbook soon

"Are you sorry for civilization? I am sorry for it too." ~Coast of Utopia: Shipwreck

Holly Therese Profile Photo
Holly Therese
#60re: I need your guys help!!!
Posted: 3/23/06 at 8:50am

I second, "To love another person is to see the face of God."

"Whatever way our stories end, I know you'll have written mine by being my friend."-Wicked

"You know, with the right volume, Patti LuPone can make a car bounce, too...." -Wonderwaiter

alanimal
#61re: I need your guys help!!!
Posted: 3/23/06 at 9:27am

"But what is truth? Not so easy to define. We both have truths...are yours the same as mine?" - Pontius Pilate, JCS

"Let me get my hat, and my knife!"
"What?"
"I must meet your wife..."

MyDreamsRecurring Profile Photo
MyDreamsRecurring
#62re: I need your guys help!!!
Posted: 3/23/06 at 9:35am

for my sernior year book quote i'm going to use

"To reach the unreachable star
Though you know it's impossibly high
to live with your heart striving upward
to a far unattainable sky!"
-Man of La Mancha

"No two shows are alike in the making. Each show is a living piece of your life in a small unreal world with its own character and integrity; its own new set of memorable experiences and incredible happenings. You begin to love and adapt to its strangeness. Dreams harden into substance. Values come into focus. You wish it would never end. The dream world vanishes like mist before a rising sun; part of you vanishes with it. And back you land in the real world with a thud- fogged, uneasy, jittery, difficult to get along with. There is only one cure. A new show. A new, small unreal world; new visions, experiences, incredible happenings. Again you love it, adapt to it, wish it would never end. But end it does. Another part of you vanishes. That's show business."-Anonymous

Horton Profile Photo
Horton
#63re: I need your guys help!!!
Posted: 5/16/06 at 10:50pm

There's a whole in the world like a great black pit,
and its filled with people who are filled with ****,
and the vermon of the world inhabit it.

Dirty Rotten Scoundrel
#64re: I need your guys help!!!
Posted: 5/16/06 at 10:51pm

And it goes by the name of London!

allofmylife Profile Photo
allofmylife
#65re: I need your guys help!!!
Posted: 5/17/06 at 1:34am

All these artsy-fartsy phrases. You want something short that people will remember and FORESHADOWS their lives to come. For that, there's only one that's perfect:

"Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."

(Lauren Bacall in "Applause", doing Bette Davis in "All About Eve.")

http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=972787#3631451 http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=963561#3533883 http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=955158#3440952 http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=954269#3427915 http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=955012#3441622 http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=954344#3428699

Robos89
#66re: I need your guys help!!!
Posted: 9/21/06 at 7:43pm

Hey guys...can you please post some more idead?! My senior quote is due Monday (9/25) THANKS!!!

?

bwayondabrain
#67re: I need your guys help!!!
Posted: 9/21/06 at 7:50pm

the song "Louder than Words" from TICK TICK...BOOM! is full of MANY great quotes which you could use

umm... "Love is what I do."- WEDDING SINGER

re: I need your guys help!!!

littlechap2 Profile Photo
littlechap2
#68re: I need your guys help!!!
Posted: 9/21/06 at 10:56pm

I'm not going into the toilet....I'm going into SHOW BUSINESS!!!!

-The Producers

"I sang it because I'm your friend."

seahag2 Profile Photo
seahag2
#69re: I need your guys help!!!
Posted: 3/17/15 at 1:31am

I'm supposed to submit my senior quote sometime soon. Still picking between a few.
"I may be small but I've got giant plans to shine as brightly as the sun" -Little Women musical
"I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship" -Little Women book
"I'd rather be nine people's favorite thing than one hundred people's ninth favorite thing" -[title of show]
"If you know what you want, then you go and find and you get it"- Into the Woods
"As I'm going along, I carry with me promises that can't go wrong as I travel on my way" -Violet

This thread hasn't been updated in awhile though, anyone got any newer suggestions?

so I smile like Mona Lisa and I lay my Visa down

FindingNamo
#70re: I need your guys help!!!
Posted: 3/17/15 at 1:50am

"I'm new to the board but like all of you, I am a HUGE broadway fan and an actress myself!"

I'm only a GOOD Broadway fan and of course also an actress myself.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

Videos