RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!

RaininSmilies
#50re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/27/05 at 9:28pm

Is it just playing in select cities? I'm pretty sure where I live doesn't qualify. I'll just have to wait until it comes online and find that old commercial for the musical, watch the Access Hollywood clip, and stare at the pictures I have saved on my computer. Or I could study for finals. Oh well, I didn't really want to see Star Wars anyways.

Marquise Profile Photo
Marquise
#51re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/27/05 at 10:52pm

"You all are psycho. It's just a movie preview."

for once i have to agree with bronxboundexpress.

Updated On: 5/27/05 at 10:52 PM

Marquise Profile Photo
Marquise
#52re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/27/05 at 10:54pm

"My friends think I'm crazy (again). I was staring into space-like I always do-and they asked me if something was wrong-like they always do-I told them I was thinking about the trailer and I kept on ranting about it...

and you wonder why your friends think you're crazy?!!!

JenD512
#53re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/27/05 at 11:34pm

It's not crazy. People paid full ticket prices to see the Star Wars prequel trailers, the first Batman trailer, and the first Lord of the Rings teaser. ABC aired 'Harry Potter & the Chamber of Secrets' a few weeks ago, and the big bonus was that they were going to show the 'Goblet of Fire' teaser.

I saw the teaser for The DaVinci Code tonight, and they haven't even filmed it yet. And I'm hearing Fantastic Four is going to have an X-Men 3 teaser--that doesn't start shooting until August.

Trailers are cool--it's a first chance to see scenes from a movie you want to see. People go crazy for them all the time.

ReNtHeAd04
#54re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/27/05 at 11:55pm

i couldn't agree with you more jend512. and it's our excitement. if you don't care about it or you don't like it, then don't worry about it. but you don't need to ruin the fun of others re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!

"maybe our mistakes are what make our fate. Without them, what would shape our lives? Perhaps if we never veered off course, we wouldn't fall in love, or have babies, or be who we are. After all, seasons change. So do cities. People come into your life and people go. But it's comforting to know the ones you love are always in your heart. And if you're very lucky, a plane ride away" -sex and the city

IdreamofRENT
#55re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/27/05 at 11:55pm

well me being the huge RENThead that i am, i went to see Star Wars thinking I may have a chance to see a RENT trailer...no such luck though. BUT, someone in the IMBD board said they went to the movies today and saw the RENT trailer...2 1/2 minutes....lucky!!! i just called around theaters in my area ...they all probably thought i was crazy asking when a RENT trailer would be available lol.

Dreamcatcher Profile Photo
Dreamcatcher
#56re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/28/05 at 12:04am

My friend is going to see Star Wars tommorow and Sunday and Monday (she's a bit obsessed) so I'll make sure to ask her if its in front of any showings. If it is, I'm sorry but I will be going to see Star Wars even though I have no particular interest in the movie. (yes, I'm that big of a RENThead, I admit.)

I wanted to get something that an "ex"-junkie like him would really appreciate and cherish....it's a brick of heroin shaped like a heart. -Scrubs

Rentaholic2
#57re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/28/05 at 1:36am

Jen, when i saw star wars, there was no Narnia trailer...so maybe they do change them at any time. EEEEEKK!!!!!

orangeskittles Profile Photo
orangeskittles
#58re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/28/05 at 2:26am

"Anyone else feeling... observed? By Rent OBCers?"

We're at what, 3 now? Heh, and those are just the ones that are posting, I wonder who's just lurking out there.

Like a firework unexploded
Wanting life but never knowing how

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#59re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/28/05 at 2:39am

Rodney's posted before, guys. re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!

I did, though, once Anthony and Fredi came around, find it really crazy that they were all coming here. I thought about it, and I suppose it all makes sense, being that there's SUCH a strong connection between this particular show and its fans, but it's still a bit unbelievable sometimes. re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!

A work of art is an invitation to love.

FosseBoi
#60re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/28/05 at 3:02am

OMG! ANy ideas of what they might show!? Is there a chance thaty they might show "OUT TONIGHT"? Have they even shot that yet? What about "Seasons of Love"? I'M SO EXCITED ABOUT THIS!!!

"I've always secretly longed for an actress to get to the top of the cherry picker and projectile vomit all over the guards below."- Wonderwaiter in the "Defy Gravity?" thread. ~~~~~~~~My dream? Sutton Foster as Cassie in A Chorus Line

orangeskittles Profile Photo
orangeskittles
#61re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/28/05 at 3:21am

I just realized I forgot to include this in my first post:

Hi Rodney! Thanks for giving us a more official update!

PSST, Emcee, are you saying you wouldn't be nervous about another OBCer finding his official love thread? You may not have to worry about the eloquent post the blog if that happens. re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!

Like a firework unexploded
Wanting life but never knowing how

One Song Glory
#62re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/28/05 at 9:02am

Juat because I'm crazy doesn't mean you have to use against me. This is just the first time I've been really excited about something in a while.

I'm not a gay stereotype. I'm a coincidence.

TheActr97J Profile Photo
TheActr97J
#63re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/28/05 at 11:03am

I called a bunch of theaters around my area Cleveland (which I always thought was one of the bigger markets) and none of them had it this weekend. I know it was supposed to be released this weekend, so maybe it is just in the really big markets like NY and LA. ...I'm not really sure how studios go about releasing trailers, but I'm gonna keep checking. **Note to everyone: Before you go out and spend 8 bucks hoping to see the trailer, call the theater first to find out if they even have it or if it's even showing in front of that movie.

"I seem to have wandered into the BRAIN load-out thread... "
-best12bars

"Sorry I am a Theatre major not a English Major"
-skibumb5290

seasons of love Profile Photo
seasons of love
#64re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/28/05 at 11:22am

so excited, so excited, so excited.....

Thanks for the info Rodney!

"I am unfinished- I am diminished With or without you..."

luvtheEmcee
#65re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/28/05 at 11:26am

*gasp!* orangeskittles, what on EARTH could you be implying?! re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!

Actually, I know Anthony *has* seen some of it. That's kinda odd. heh.

And in all seriousness, what I meant by that comment was that you know, it could be cast members from any other show, but it's from RENT. While a little unnerved at first, I think we're incredibly lucky, as fans of the show to have them visiting us. I was always like "gosh, I can't believe these, or all people in the entire world, are people who were in *that* show." re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!

seasons of love Profile Photo
seasons of love
#66re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/28/05 at 11:34am

LOL Emcee...

"I am unfinished- I am diminished With or without you..."

luvtheEmcee
#67re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/28/05 at 11:36am

hee. Imagine if, right? re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!

Seriously, the blog needs to happen so my little "what to say?!" freakout can be over. Slowly and painfully.

thespian geek Profile Photo
thespian geek
#68re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/28/05 at 11:48am

This is from someone's post over at Compulsive Bowlers:

Just wanted to let you guys know, I saw the Rent trailer tonight at the 10:50 showing of Revenge of the Sith at the AMC Empire on 42nd Street. I didn't expect to see it at all, because I'd seen Sith at the same theatre ten days ago. My friends and I walked in after the previews had started -- to the sound of "Seasons of Love." It was totally surreal and the trailer looks GREAT. Jesse L. Martin's handling of the first solo was particularly riveting. It doesn't seem to be anywhere online yet, though...

mywonderwa11 Profile Photo
mywonderwa11
#69re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/28/05 at 1:28pm

I'm seeing Star Wars III tomorrow night in Dallas. So, let's cross the fingers and hope that they've put the trailer in!!! I would sort of freak out...I'm just so excited.

"Somethin's comin', I don't know what it is but it is gonna be great!"

loudasthehelliwant Profile Photo
loudasthehelliwant
#70re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/28/05 at 1:36pm

There is a description for someone who supposedly saw the trailer at:

http://www.compulsivebowlers.org/boards/viewtopic.php?t=663&start=20

"I mean, how many of us could honestly say that at one time or another he hasn't set fire to some great public building?"

EvelynNesbit1906 Profile Photo
EvelynNesbit1906
#71re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/28/05 at 1:51pm

I wonder if it's showing at AMC River East in downtown Chicago, or are LA and NYC the "selected cities."

loudasthehelliwant Profile Photo
loudasthehelliwant
#72re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/28/05 at 1:53pm

Well, if anyone sees it in Chicago- or in the suburbs of Chicago, I DEFINATLEY WANT TO KNOW ABOUT IT! :P

"I mean, how many of us could honestly say that at one time or another he hasn't set fire to some great public building?"

Aigoo Profile Photo
Aigoo
#73re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/28/05 at 2:01pm

Loud, I'm in the same boat as you are. Let's cross our fingers, shall we?

This is my signature.

jimmycurry01
#74re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/28/05 at 2:20pm

compulsivebowlers.org has a detailed description of the trailer which is only playing in select cities for now. it sounds great.

Videos