pixeltracker

what was your first broadway experience?- Page 3

what was your first broadway experience?

Hanna from Hamburg Profile Photo
Hanna from Hamburg
#50re: what was your first broadway experience?
Posted: 6/1/05 at 10:52am

I moved to NY 1989 from NC and my first Broadway experience was Phantom with Rebecca Luker as Christine and Chris Groenendal as the Phantom. However, my first Broadway tour experience was in 1982 when Chorus Line came to Chapel Hill while I was in college. That was an AMAZING experience!!!

". . . POP . . ."

romanov
#51re: what was your first broadway experience?
Posted: 6/1/05 at 10:54am

Come to think of it, Bluemoon, I remember that performance. Mrs. Fisk went on for you.

timote316
#52re: what was your first broadway experience?
Posted: 6/1/05 at 10:59am

My first was Producers last February. I got a late jump on my Broadway addiction: they were tix for my 18th birthday

#53re: what was your first broadway experience?
Posted: 6/1/05 at 12:37pm

The Magic Show, with Doug Henning. Summer of '77. I was younger than I am now.

JasonM12480
#54re: what was your first broadway experience?
Posted: 6/1/05 at 12:53pm

The first Broadway show I ever saw ON Broadway in New York was the 1995 revival of "How To Succeed In Business Without Really Trying." When I saw it, I saw it with the original cast, except for Megan Mullally, who had been replaced by none other than Sarah Jessica Parker. Seeing her and Matthew Broderick together was a true delight, and I was absolutely on the edge of my seat the whole night. I remember vividly the "Brotherhood of Man" number, and hearing Lillias White sing for the first time. The whole audience had a blast, and the number brought the house down. The only downside to the night was that they were having technical difficulties with the set, and the show started almost 45 minutes late. Other then that, I abosolutely loved it. It was truly a night I will never forget.

AbbaRabbit Profile Photo
AbbaRabbit
#55re: what was your first broadway experience?
Posted: 6/1/05 at 1:25pm

Durring Cabaret, my first ever Broadway musical, it stopped half way through and an actor on stage yelled "is there a doctor in the house" (i thought they only said that in movies) because a guy who was sitting at those tables near the stage had a heart attack or something.

Less is more
Ugly is beautiful
"My brother plays a drag queen... and I'm surprised he looks as good as he does in drag." - Adam Rapp

"thanks, abba. now i'll forever have an image of you as a tattoed hardcore straightedge grrl savaging people in the mosh pit." - papalovesmambo

"Yeah Abba. All the filthy crap you spew out there on those boards. I for one, am equally shocked. :-P" - AnnaK

ikmbway
#56re: what was your first broadway experience?
Posted: 6/1/05 at 3:01pm

Either Beauty and the Beast or Lion King when I was 4 or 5.

Dirty Rotten Scoundrel
#57re: what was your first broadway experience?
Posted: 6/1/05 at 3:07pm

Rocky Horror Show! got me hooked on broadway ever since!

Fill In the Words Profile Photo
Fill In the Words
#58re: what was your first broadway experience?
Posted: 6/1/05 at 3:23pm

A touring production of "Grease" in '94. First show actually on Broadway was RENT, in 2001.

Moving to the city was the best thing I've ever done for my theatre addiction.

"Because talent isn't genius, and no amount of energy can make it so. I want to be great, or nothing."

LightMyCandle Profile Photo
LightMyCandle
#59re: what was your first broadway experience?
Posted: 6/1/05 at 4:30pm

Phantom Of The Opera in April of 1999. Hugh Panaro. Wowzah. Since then I've been completely in love with everything Broadway. My mom bought the $50 show poster with everyone's signatures. Tax deductible. Why not? re: what was your first broadway experience?

i'm a tough act to follow because when i'm done i take the microphone with me.

cturtle Profile Photo
cturtle
#60re: what was your first broadway experience?
Posted: 6/1/05 at 5:38pm

i envy everyone who saw their first b'way show when they were SIX!

it took me til i was 40! TITANIC re: what was your first broadway experience? a very moving experience. i had a doozy of a cry in the men's room after the curtain fell.

RIP glebby <3

HeyMrMusic Profile Photo
HeyMrMusic
#61re: what was your first broadway experience?
Posted: 6/1/05 at 6:16pm

Mine was Beauty and the Beast in 1997.
Kerry Butler, Chuck Wagner, Marc Kudisch, etc.

~Steven

Phantomerik15 Profile Photo
Phantomerik15
#62re: what was your first broadway experience?
Posted: 6/1/05 at 6:25pm

Les Miserables-4 years old. LOVED IT!!!!!!

Back, he spurred like a madman, shrieking a curse to the sky. With the white road smoking behind him and his rapier brandished high! Blood-red were the spurs i' the golden noon; wine-red was his velvet coat, when they shot him down on the highway, down like a dog on the highway, and he lay in his blood on the highway, with the bunch of lace at his throat... (The Highwayman. Sung by: Loreena McKennitt)

RaininSmilies
#63re: what was your first broadway experience?
Posted: 6/1/05 at 7:05pm

I haven't ever seen an actually Broadway production, but my first show experience was last year's national tour of Rent. Yeah, I'm kind of new to Broadway.

DivaBrigader Profile Photo
DivaBrigader
#64re: what was your first broadway experience?
Posted: 6/1/05 at 8:56pm

Mine was "The Secret Garden." My mother wanted to see it for Mandy Patinkin but he was out on the day we went there. I was 8 and my cousin was 11 and we were both entranced because Daisy Eagan was also 11 yet she was starring in a Broadway show. To this day it's one of my favorites. My second Broadway show was "Beauty and the Beast" the next year with the OBC (Mann, Egan, Bosley, Moses).

Mark2
#65re: what was your first broadway experience?
Posted: 6/1/05 at 9:11pm

Annie in 1978 with Shelly Bruce and SJ Parker as an orphan. I think I memorized the Playbill.

TheaterBaby Profile Photo
TheaterBaby
#66re: what was your first broadway experience?
Posted: 6/1/05 at 10:45pm

Eh, I don't know about the 14 year olds, but I'm 23. I just didn't see an actual Broadway Show until I was 8 or 9; but I did see productions at Radio City Music Hall and Lincoln Center in the 80's.

"It's the little things; the details, that distinguish the Barbra Streisands from the Rosalyn Kinds."~Gilmore Girls~

wickedfan Profile Photo
wickedfan
#67re: what was your first broadway experience?
Posted: 6/1/05 at 10:51pm

My first experience was wactually "Lamb chop on Broadway" when I was, about 3 or 4. I only remember about 1 minute of that production but I remember vividly how crowded it was. Right after that was "beuayt and the Beast" with the original cast in previews when I was 4. I remember thay vividly, probably because I was (and still am) a huge fan of the film. When we got to go backstage I met Susan Egan (tiny woman!), Burke Moses, Terrence Mann, and the boy who played Chip. Later we went on stage and we got to go inside "Belle's House". I was so excited, and I was expecting to see furniture and a fireplace, but no, nothing on the inside, just all unpainted wood. It was at that moment when I realized that movies and theatre weren't real. But it was that night at the theatre when I knew that I wanted to be a part of it. Imagine, I knew what I wanted to do since I was four!

"Sing the words, Patti!!!!" Stephen Sondheim to Patti LuPone.

babygiraffeboots Profile Photo
babygiraffeboots
#68re: what was your first broadway experience?
Posted: 6/1/05 at 10:56pm

I think this is a topic that people will happily talk about over and over again lol.

Mine was Peter Pan when I was about 2, so around 1991.

"Without Jews, fags, and gypsies, there is no theatre!" ~Mel Brooks, To be or not to be

fiyero8132
#69re: what was your first broadway experience?
Posted: 6/1/05 at 11:04pm

Ragtime - 8 years old

BwayFan4
#70re: what was your first broadway experience?
Posted: 6/1/05 at 11:04pm

my first exreience was Grease in 1978...was disappointed because the movie was so big to my teen life and the actors walked to the edge of the stage and picked up microphones....yuck...then i saw West Side Story the next year with Debbie Allen and all was well

broadwaygal3
#71re: what was your first broadway experience?
Posted: 6/1/05 at 11:51pm

I guess I'm one of the "oldtimers" here too,
my first broadway show was The Apple Tree with Alan Alda.
(Circa 1967)

hypertruffle
#72re: what was your first broadway experience?
Posted: 6/1/05 at 11:52pm

42nd Street-August 2003

"The cynicism you refer to, I acquired the day I discovered I was different from little boys!~All About Eve

Adam Chris Profile Photo
Adam Chris
#73re: what was your first broadway experience?
Posted: 6/2/05 at 12:07am

Phantom of the Opera in L.A. with Michael Crawford and Dale Kristen...(Around 1991 ~ I was about 14 or 15)! It changed my life!

I knew I found my new love after that 1st performance.

After that was Evita and then Les Miserables.

Updated On: 6/2/05 at 12:07 AM

jaded_october Profile Photo
jaded_october
#74re: what was your first broadway experience?
Posted: 6/2/05 at 12:10am

my parents took me to see cats when i was very very young, and i LOOOOOOOOOOVED it (because my favorite animals were cats too) and when we went to go see other shows (phantom, beauty and the beast... i cant remember others), i was mad because they werent dressed up as cats. i cried the whole way home.

-annie http://www.livejournal.com/users/jadedoctober http://www.myspace.com/jadedoctober

Videos