BobbyBubby
#50re: Worst Replacements???
Posted: 8/19/05 at 12:59pm

Shoshana Bean in Wicked
David Ayers in Wicked

Greg in Dallas
#51re: Worst Replacements???
Posted: 8/19/05 at 1:05pm

muscle23ftl stated Betty Buckley in Sunset Blvd....

I have seen her in concert do numbers from this show and she was incredible....was she that bad in the show?

Hanna from Hamburg Profile Photo
Hanna from Hamburg
#52re: Worst Replacements???
Posted: 8/19/05 at 1:11pm

NO -- Betty sang the songs BEAUTIFULLY. She just wasn't a good enough actress to drag that VERY slow moving show along.

". . . POP . . ."

WickedGeek28 Profile Photo
WickedGeek28
#53re: Worst Replacements???
Posted: 8/19/05 at 1:29pm

I like David in j/h better than rob c. Also, Brooke was FANTASTIC in wonderful town.

my least faovrite was joey fatone in rent, he was way toooo goofy and just not in character and played him like an idiot. he was fine, but i jsut didn't like his interpretation.

NOTE: I saw the show on closing night so that may have had something to do with it.

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
To Kill A Mockingbird

jwsel
#54re: Worst Replacements???
Posted: 8/19/05 at 7:18pm

Chloris Leachman and Ned Beatty as Parthy and Cap'n Andy in Showboat. They replaced John McMartin and Elaine Stritch. Adding insult to injury, in LA, Ned Beatty beat out Brian Stokes Mitchell for best actor at the Ovations.

By the way, I also loved Tyne's Rose. She chewed so much scenery, the front row was covered in dust. But her acting style really fit the character.

Radioactiveduck Profile Photo
Radioactiveduck
#55re: Worst Replacements???
Posted: 8/19/05 at 8:25pm

There's talk of Hugh Panaro's understudy, David Gaschen, taking over the role of the Phantom when Hugh leaves this October. It is unnatural and wrong to see someone that incredible replaced by someone that medicore.

I loved JLT in Wicked. Totally different sound than Kristin, but she was a hoot-and-a-half. Although, I do agree with David Ayers, and also venture to say Joey McIntyre.

Drew Lachey in RENT. I can't really say that he was bad, because he didn't make any character choices to make me dislike him. He just said his lines with pretty good feeling, and sang and did the choreography. Could have been much better, could have been much worse.

Steve2 Profile Photo
Steve2
#56re: Worst Replacements???
Posted: 8/19/05 at 8:32pm

Jennifer Jason Leigh in Cabaret

Mamie Profile Photo
Mamie
#57re: Worst Replacements???
Posted: 8/19/05 at 8:39pm

Jerry Lewis in Damn Yankees?
You have GOT to be kidding! He was absolutely incredible in it when I saw him. I thought he was born to play the part.

(I'll admit it - I adore Jerry L. anyway. But I really did love him in this show.)

www.thebreastcancersite.com
A click for life.
mamie4 5/14/03

HamletWasBipolar Profile Photo
HamletWasBipolar
#58re: Worst Replacements???
Posted: 8/20/05 at 12:16am

Petula Clark in Sunset Boulevard...looked like a ranting Porky Pig
and the worst Alan Thicke in Chicago..nothing growing..just pains

" I wish that the stage were as narrow as a tightrope wire, so that no incompetent would dare step upon it." -- Goethe (he wants you to go to my Myspace page www.myspace.com/jasonklemm

Unmasked05 Profile Photo
Unmasked05
#59re: Worst Replacements???
Posted: 8/20/05 at 11:37am

I think Hugh Panaro is AWESOME as The Phantom...and I'm glad he's leaving to be Lestat in LESTAT...so he can win a much derseved TONY.

Joey Fatone(sp) wasn't all that bad in LSOH...I think he's being hated on because he was in NSYNC..or something...now the RENT matter is a different matter..but he did a good job in LSOH.

Facebook...ME !!!

Sheri Profile Photo
Sheri
#60re: Worst Replacements???
Posted: 8/20/05 at 1:00pm

My apologies to anyone who might have enjoyed her in the role, but my vote goes to Michelle Williams in Aida.

colleen_lee
#61re: Worst Replacements???
Posted: 8/20/05 at 1:02pm

Almost every replacement that was formerly in a boy band!

"You just can't win. Ever. Look at the bright side, at least you are not stuck in First Wives Club: The Musical. That would really suck. " --Sueleen Gay

WickedGeek28 Profile Photo
WickedGeek28
#62re: Worst Replacements???
Posted: 8/20/05 at 1:39pm

I didn't dislike him because of his band. I just thought he played the part obliviously and way too goofy, his vocals were good though. Again, I saw it at the last performance and he may have just been haivng one last good time.

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
To Kill A Mockingbird

brdwyman Profile Photo
brdwyman
#63re: Worst Replacements???
Posted: 8/20/05 at 2:08pm

I really didnt like Jordan Ballard as Amber in hairspray. But thats probably cuz i really like Laura Bell Bundy and Tracy Jai Edwards.

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#64re: Worst Replacements???
Posted: 8/20/05 at 2:10pm

Linda Lavin in Gypsy.

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!

Marguerite Chauvelin
#65re: Worst Replacements???
Posted: 8/20/05 at 2:13pm

Mickey Dolenz in Aida. I got so used to John Hickok's great job on the cast album that Dolenz's performance made me wince.

If Percy Blakeney were in Les Mis....

Percy: Sink me! If it isn't Javvurt!
Javert: Zsah-vair, it's pronounced Zsah-vair.
Pecry: But it's spelled J-A-V-E-R-T Javvurt.
Javert: Repeat after me Zsah...Zsah....
Percy: Oh! Zsa-Zsa! Like the Gabor sister! Well I personally have always prefered Eva.
Javert: (Looks for gun)

brdwyman Profile Photo
brdwyman
#66re: Worst Replacements???
Posted: 8/20/05 at 2:20pm

Shoshana Bean is great in Wicked BobbyBubble

Videos