pixeltracker

name a show no one knows- Page 3

name a show no one knows

sweeedboy
#50re: name a show no one knows
Posted: 11/2/05 at 4:57pm

I cannot believe someone mentioned 'yearbook.' I had tried to forget everything about that show... i saw it at a drama festival about, oh god, 8 years ago and it was just horrible. I remember everyone falling down and loving it and the people from my school being like 'ummm that was the most horrendous thing i have ever seen.' That just brought back such memories

JACXR71 Profile Photo
JACXR71
#51re: name a show no one knows
Posted: 11/2/05 at 5:02pm

There was a small thread a few weeks ago about the musical 'Festival' - only 5 or so people responded which leads me to believe it is a relatively unknown show.

If I lay here
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me and just forget the world?

derektravis
#52re: name a show no one knows
Posted: 11/2/05 at 5:11pm

i personally am very smitten with FESTIVAL and with Michael Rupert on the cast recording how can you go wrong... HA HA HA... actually is it a pretty odd show but some not so bad songs

jasonf Profile Photo
jasonf
#53re: name a show no one knows
Posted: 11/2/05 at 5:11pm

Ha - I was the one who started that thread and forgot to list it!

Hi, Shirley Temple Pudding.

LilEphie12 Profile Photo
LilEphie12
#54re: name a show no one knows
Posted: 11/2/05 at 5:46pm

I'll bet people have heard of these but i'll say them anyway. Into the Woods, Little Women (as the musical), Godspell,

Piazzaslight Profile Photo
Piazzaslight
#55re: name a show no one knows
Posted: 11/2/05 at 5:47pm

We all know Into the Woods...

Mine: STAGE FRIGHT

MARGARET: "Clara, stop that. That's illegal." - The Light in the Piazza

"I'm not in Bambi and I'm not blonde!" - Idina Menzel

dory the nun Profile Photo
dory the nun
#56re: name a show no one knows
Posted: 11/2/05 at 6:28pm

gilbert and sullivan thank you

There's nothing you can know that isn't known. Nothing you can see that isn't shown. Nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be. It's easy: ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE.

MusicAndPassion Profile Photo
MusicAndPassion
#57re: name a show no one knows
Posted: 11/2/05 at 7:02pm

Boomers.

A local group did the world premire of it here in NH a year or two ago. It's got a nice score, a solid book. Just weird things here and there. It's gonna go places, maybe with a new name.

Very good though.

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#58re: name a show no one knows
Posted: 11/2/05 at 7:05pm

Dr Selavy's Magic Theater

Poster Emeritus

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#59re: name a show no one knows
Posted: 11/2/05 at 8:57pm

Ben Franklin Goes to Paris

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

lfae Profile Photo
lfae
#60re: name a show no one knows
Posted: 11/2/05 at 10:20pm

Good Morning, Ida May

Urban
#61re: name a show no one knows
Posted: 11/2/05 at 10:27pm

"I, Nephi".

A Musical based on the first two books in the Book of Mormon.

ShuQ Profile Photo
ShuQ
#62re: name a show no one knows
Posted: 11/2/05 at 10:33pm

The Glass Christmas Tree

roquat
#63re: name a show no one knows
Posted: 11/2/05 at 11:09pm

One Nite Comic
Colette Collage
Radio Gals
Moose Murders
Boy Meets Boy
Sheba
Hysterical Blindness

I ask in all honesty/What would life be?/Without a song and a dance, what are we?/So I say "Thank you for the music/For giving it to me."

roquat
#64re: name a show no one knows
Posted: 11/2/05 at 11:10pm

Let My People Come (erotic revue in OH, CALCUTTA! mode)

I ask in all honesty/What would life be?/Without a song and a dance, what are we?/So I say "Thank you for the music/For giving it to me."

jimmirae Profile Photo
jimmirae
#65re: name a show no one knows
Posted: 11/3/05 at 1:07am

This is a bit weird now, I have done "Let My People Come" as well as "Look Homeward Angel" and was very proud of them both!!

"It is bad enough that people are dying of AIDS, but no one should die of ignorance." - Elizabeth Taylor

phantom_tenor Profile Photo
phantom_tenor
#66re: name a show no one knows
Posted: 11/3/05 at 1:25am

"Anyone ever heard of this.
"Trial By Jury" this was an opera written by a very famous pair of composers.
Their next opera after this was "The Sorcerer"
Can anyone tell me which pair of composers wrote it? "

Gilbert and Sullivan, but before Trial they wrote Thespis together. re: name a show no one knows

mirandajrs Profile Photo
mirandajrs
#67re: name a show no one knows
Posted: 11/3/05 at 2:23am

Amphigorey
Best Foot Forward

Edith 'Little Edie' Bouvier Beale: Do you think my costume looked all right for Brooks? I think he was a little amazed.

carlobarlo
#68re: name a show no one knows
Posted: 11/3/05 at 2:40am

HIGH TOPS!!! Has anyone heard of it... It's my good friends favorite musical, but there is like no proof anywhere of it's existence... It toured CAL like 8 years ago

BrdwyBnd2005
#69re: name a show no one knows
Posted: 11/3/05 at 3:15am

I've heard of "Radio Gals.'

What about, "Really Rosie?"

Anyone?

Eastwickian Profile Photo
Eastwickian
#70re: name a show no one knows
Posted: 11/3/05 at 5:02am

La Cava (London) - Lawrence O'Keefe was a co-composer on this one, though it's not mentioned in any of his bios.

Radio Times (London) - I played the CD once and put it away, never to be heard again...

Money to Burn - closed after three performances in London a couple of years ago. The Guardian review ran: "...[a show]...that describes itself as a 'musical comedy thriller' and that manages to miss all three of its chosen targets..."

rosscoe(au) Profile Photo
rosscoe(au)
#71re: name a show no one knows
Posted: 11/3/05 at 5:19am

A huge hit in the 80's in Australia a gay musical called "Only Heaven Knows",

Well I didn't want to get into it, but he's a Satanist. Every full moon he sacrifices 4 puppies to the Dark Lord and smears their blood on his paino. This should help you understand the score for Wicked a little bit more. Tazber's: Reply to Is Stephen Schwartz a Practicing Christian

luceecool
#72re: name a show no one knows
Posted: 11/3/05 at 5:24am

dunno if anyone knows this one-
Romeo and Juliet the musical (and i don't mean West Side Story or anything based on romeo juliet!)
-i saw it with a school trip in London (guess what we were studying in English?)it was set in the old time styley, with shakespeare language but random songs placed in- wasnt too bad

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#73re: name a show no one knows
Posted: 11/3/05 at 6:09am

Brigham - Musical about Brigham Young with Harve Presnell . I actually have the LP

Poster Emeritus

QueenS
#74re: name a show no one knows
Posted: 11/3/05 at 4:24pm

I almost went to see "Ain't Broadway Grand" but decided day of there were better things to do with my evening.

Roquat: Do you mean "LATE Nite Comic?" I know one of the cast members and the mother of the composer.

I've heard of "Moose Murders" and saw the recent reading of the revised "Boy Meets Boy"

Have the recording of "Only Heaven Knows" (love that David Campbell).

Heard some of the music from "Best Foot Forward"

What was that Cleo Laine Cinderella musical? "Cindy Ella" or something? Was that just an album or was it ever on stage?

I also have the recording of "Selma" about MLK Jr.

And, oddly enough, 2 different recordings of "Freudania" about, well, Freud.

Another bizarre 70's show was (I think) "Truckload." A friend of mine was in it and she said it was just horrible. The highlight was when they drove a huge semi from the loading dock onto the stage. It may not have ever officially opened...

Videos