pixeltracker

Something you weren't supposed to see during a Broadway show- Page 3

Something you weren't supposed to see during a Broadway show

Caroline-Q-or-TBoo Profile Photo
Caroline-Q-or-TBoo
#50re: Something you weren't supposed to see during a Broadway show
Posted: 6/2/06 at 5:17pm

Hair. during the nude scene ALL the stage hands gathered in the wings.

"Picture "The View," with the wisecracking, sympathetic sweethearts of that ABC television show replaced by a panel of embittered, suffering or enraged Arab women" -the Times review of Black Eyed

StephanietheStar Profile Photo
StephanietheStar
#51re: Something you weren't supposed to see during a Broadway show
Posted: 6/2/06 at 5:32pm

Caroline Q--LMAO....

hey I can't blame them....

and all that I could do because of you was talk of love...

WickedGeek28 Profile Photo
WickedGeek28
#52re: Something you weren't supposed to see during a Broadway show
Posted: 6/2/06 at 5:36pm

Megan in her bubble before the show.

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
To Kill A Mockingbird

BwayBaby18 Profile Photo
BwayBaby18
#53re: Something you weren't supposed to see during a Broadway show
Posted: 6/2/06 at 5:39pm

When i saw DRS someone forgot to take the door jam off of Christine's Hotel door..... so she had to pull it out during the middle of Too Wonderful to Be True

Caroline-Q-or-TBoo Profile Photo
Caroline-Q-or-TBoo
#54re: Something you weren't supposed to see during a Broadway show
Posted: 6/2/06 at 5:39pm

I would've gathered in the wings to see Asa Sommers nude! re: Something you weren't supposed to see during a Broadway show

"Picture "The View," with the wisecracking, sympathetic sweethearts of that ABC television show replaced by a panel of embittered, suffering or enraged Arab women" -the Times review of Black Eyed

Gothampc
#55re: Something you weren't supposed to see during a Broadway show
Posted: 6/2/06 at 5:40pm

When Faith Prince was doing Bells Are Ringing on Broadway, I saw her exit the stage, and stand in the wings drinking from the Equity Water Pitcher.

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

maybethistime
#56re: Something you weren't supposed to see during a Broadway show
Posted: 6/2/06 at 5:59pm

When I saw "Piazza", during the bows when Michael Berresse and Sarah Uriarte Berry stand stage left with their arms around each other, Michael kept moving his hand up and down Sarah's thigh and back side and she kept grabbing his hand and putting it back on her waist, trying to still look unphased, even though she clearly was. I don't they he thought anyone could see but she eventually turned to him and whispered something and he stopped.

When I saw the "Little Shop" tour, during the beginning of "Don't Feed The Plants" when the urchins sing and the drop with the logo comes down, they left about a foot between the stage and the bottom of the drop everyone saw the characters' and all the stagehands' feet as they walked out to get ready for the finale. Then one of them ran offstage, told someone and it quickly descended all the way. Offcourse everyone would know how they did it, but it kinda ruined the effect.

In "The Drowsy Chaperone", during Sutton's quickchange behind the umbrella in "Show Off" she sticks part of the first dress into a pouch sewn into the top of the umbrella but it was sticking out when they lifted the umbrella up. It goes by quickly so I'm sure not that many people noticed, but I thought it was kindof neat to see how they did it.

me3 Profile Photo
me3
#57re: Something you weren't supposed to see during a Broadway show
Posted: 6/2/06 at 6:37pm

IN DRACULA [final performance] one of the doors didnt shut so it wouldnt go down under the stage; one of the stage hand person things came out onto the stage and shut it.

MAMMA MIA well ive seen this show 30 times and half the time SOPHIE doesnt make her quick change before the party scene. You could see her open the door and put her clothes out on the step..

ive got to many..

Just_John Profile Photo
Just_John
#58re: Something you weren't supposed to see during a Broadway show
Posted: 6/2/06 at 10:11pm

In Lion Kind a crew memeber comes on stage during the stampede scene in order to hook young simba up for I forget what. But yea a crew member walked on with full clothes and a mask and hooked him up. It wasn't that obvious I don't know how I noticed it.

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#59re: Something you weren't supposed to see during a Broadway show
Posted: 6/2/06 at 10:23pm

In Sunset Blvd,during the scene re Samson & Delilah @ paramount, I saw a stagehand wearing a football jacket before the set had been fully closed

Poster Emeritus

mrslovett7
#60re: Something you weren't supposed to see during a Broadway show
Posted: 6/2/06 at 10:24pm

"mrslovett7, the reason that the guy in the chair is a stand-in is because Jonathan Pryce wouldn't have enough time to be there and get around to the other side in time for his entrance. and the guy who plays the stand-in has a wig and is Ton Galanich, u/s for Lawrence."

oh i know lol, I'm just saying that if i were sitting farther back i would have thought it was Jonathan Pryce, it was cool.

~H* "I slept through the nominations, as I always do. Anything I need to know, I'll find out when I get up at a reasonable hour!" -Michael Cerveris

gavrochegirl
#61re: Something you weren't supposed to see during a Broadway show
Posted: 6/2/06 at 10:40pm

Before Wicked, I saw the monkeys get into their places. That was fun. re: Something you weren't supposed to see during a Broadway show

At Les Miz, a few seconds before the show started, the scrim started to rustle a little.

What the puck?!

lilprima2b Profile Photo
lilprima2b
#62re: Something you weren't supposed to see during a Broadway show
Posted: 6/3/06 at 2:08am

I sat front row at Sweeney and I could see the actors warming up and goofing around through the slashes in the curtain before it started. I also saw Donna Lynne Champlin (errr, excuse my poor spelling) switching out her instrument at one point.

"Sawyer, you're going out a youngster, but you've got to come back a star!"

dancnqn5 Profile Photo
dancnqn5
#63re: Something you weren't supposed to see during a Broadway show
Posted: 6/3/06 at 2:15am

During Drowsy Chaperone's run in LA, I was able to get tickets in one of the SL boxes. You could see all sorts of things. Quick changes and what not. My favorite is during "As We Stumble Along" (bear in mind, I've only seen the LA run, so I'm not responsible if anything has changed...), when Beth Leavel pulls the folding screen in front of Sutton, I could see Sutton standing there for a few seconds and then making her way offstage (not necessarily in character either). Also, both times I saw it (the other time from SR orchestra seats), it was fun to see the actors trying to stay frozen and not react to one of the Man in the Chair's final rants. There were moments I thought Danny Burstein just wasn't going to make it!

neddyfrank2
#64re: Something you weren't supposed to see during a Broadway show
Posted: 6/3/06 at 2:17am

IS the curtain for Sweeney see through?

rosekwbp Profile Photo
rosekwbp
#65re: Something you weren't supposed to see during a Broadway show
Posted: 6/3/06 at 2:22am

This isn't a Broadway show but I was at Broadway Barks one year and some of the actors left their mics on when they weren't on stage it was funny.

timote316
#66re: Something you weren't supposed to see during a Broadway show
Posted: 6/3/06 at 2:25am

neddy - The material isn't see-thru, but its all ripped and slashed and what not. It's very interesting.

neddyfrank2
#67re: Something you weren't supposed to see during a Broadway show
Posted: 6/3/06 at 2:26am

Does anybody have a picture of the Sweeney Curtain?

BroadwayChica Profile Photo
BroadwayChica
#68re: Something you weren't supposed to see during a Broadway show
Posted: 6/3/06 at 3:40am

The Sweeney curtain isn't see through, but there are gashes in the curtain (like knife slashes). So you CAN see through it, and see the actors moving around before the show.

I don't think there are any pics.

COOOOLkid
#69re: Something you weren't supposed to see during a Broadway show
Posted: 6/3/06 at 3:55am

During a performance of Riverdance, when this guy jumped up and kicked his legs out, I saw a white undies under the blue tight pants.

In a high school performance of Gypsy, during the strip-tease part in the backstage facing the back, I was clearly able to see a rip in this girl's skirt and I saw something hairy. And I think few people in the audience gasped.

This guy in Hairspray tour groped a girl's crotch off-stage. She was smiling. :)

A girl screamed during the gunshot in Miss Saigon at the end, and it seemed like the girl who played Kim freaked out and flinched, when she's supposed to be dying.

"Hey, you! You're the worst thing to happen to musical theatre since Andrew Lloyd Webber!" -Family Guy

Sant
#70re: Something you weren't supposed to see during a Broadway show
Posted: 6/3/06 at 8:45am

In WICKED, seeing Jeffrey Kuhn's feet at the end of "Wicked Witch Of The East" when he walked off the stage behind the wardrobe.

Mattbrain
#71re: Something you weren't supposed to see during a Broadway show
Posted: 6/3/06 at 9:55pm

It was Easter Sunday, 2006. During the curtain calls of Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, when they're circling around the actors with those palm trees, one of them broke. A stagehand came out and took the tree offstage. So, where there were supposed to be two lines of palm trees flanking the actors, there was one line of palm trees and one line of palm trees and an empty pot.

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

ILoveMyDictionary Profile Photo
ILoveMyDictionary
#72re: Something you weren't supposed to see during a Broadway show
Posted: 6/3/06 at 10:45pm

I saw the stage right wing for BATB....nothing really out there, just alot of exits and entrances, the normal stuff.

ErikInTheCity
#73re: Something you weren't supposed to see during a Broadway show
Posted: 6/4/06 at 12:25am

I saw the Crazy For You tour way back in the early 90s. Nabbed a front row seat (which, then, I thought was cool). During Can't Be Bothered Now, one of the girls was very obviously counting. "1-and-2-3-4-5-6-7-8." Nice.

ErikInTheCity
#74re: Something you weren't supposed to see during a Broadway show
Posted: 6/4/06 at 12:27am

Recently, during a performance of DRS, one of the "palm trees" got caught by the swagging curtain during the transition from Oklahoma to the scene at the foot of the grand staircase. Norbert went after it and tried to fix it, and Gregory Jbara said "Someone must fire the gardener." They laughed about it for a few seconds and then got back on track.

Videos